South Beach Diet - THE WEEKEND - May 1 and 2

View Full Version : THE WEEKEND - May 1 and 2

Ruthxxx
05-01-2004, 06:52 AM
Hooray! Hooray! The first of May!
The outdoor insert verb hereing starts today!

;) :lol: :o :D :cp: :hat: :goodvibes :grouphug: :dancer:

It looks sort of gloomy out there so I may not do any gardening today. My lousy rotten cold has really settled in my chest so I'll probably just goof off for the day. Sarah has a cold too so did not show for gardening yesterday which was a gorgeous day. I did get some garden cleanup done and managed to work in a nap or two.

May! Lots of lovely things - tulips, daffies, asparagus, flowering trees, BBQ, coffee on the deck, gin and tonic, etc. and then we get June with iris and peonies! Sigh! I love Spring!

Whatcha doing for the weekend? I have to make some devilled eggs for a christening party tomorrow and that's about it.

cottagebythesea
05-01-2004, 08:00 AM
Good Morning Beach Chicks! Happy May Day!

I hope my computer is finally settling down. I have been having all kinds of problems with it. I changed internet providers, and my old server won't clear off. Hope my daughter can clear things up for me this weekend. I should probably take a computer course so I know how to do things myself, but technical things scare me to death!

Ruth, I hope the worst of your cold is over. Isn't it amazing how miserable a cold makes you feel? Take care, and drink plenty of hot tea and chicken soup.

It looks like it's going to be nice at least this morning. I have several flats of flowers I want to get planted, and plant my containers and hangers. DH ordered 3 yards of mulch that's being delivered tomorrow, so I hope the rain holds off. I'm hoping to get it all spread around the gardens right away.

Well, I'm going to throw a load of laundry in the washer, and get in my workout at Curves, then get back and start my day. Have a great weekend!

Pennywise
05-01-2004, 12:01 PM
Hurray for May!!!!! It's beautiful here today, but no gardening for me; I had to move those poppies and royally screwed up my back.

I think we packed the whole weekend's celebration into yesterday; we ended up with a houseful of visitors, homemade pizza, lots of wine, and laughter. It was a Mayday Eve's celebration, and it was good.

Take care of that cold, Ruth. And cottage, I hope you resolve your computer problems. I feel absolutely incompetent with mine; I know nothing!!

Jo

Kathrynn
05-01-2004, 03:12 PM
Hoo boy - I've got a birthday party for a 90 year old tomorrow. Cake and all the other bad-carb ingredients! Got any ideas to get me through it all?

JKJ618
05-01-2004, 06:37 PM
I can't believe it's May already. Time just flies :D . It's so beautiful outside. Sun's shining & the temperture is perfect. I wish it would stay like this all year.

Earlier I went to a new gym & spoke with a personal trainer. I really liked the guy. I need to consider my options. Although the $$$ for the trainer wasn't that much, the $$$ of the trainer + gym membership was a little too high:eek:. I think I'll hold off until I get into a routine with SBD & start losing some weight.

Not much else on the agenda today or tomorrow. Might hit a movie with my DH. We watched Kill Bill last night on DVD, now I want to see Kill Bill Vol. 2.

Hope everyone is having a great weekend!!!

Ruth - Enjoy the party tomorrow. Hope the weather is good!

CottagebytheSea - Have fun gardening. Do you live by the water? If so, what kind of plants/flowers do you plant? Do you have any problems with the salt air?

Pennywise - Sounds like you're having a great time. Hope the rest of the weekend is as fun.

Kathrynn - Sorry I don't have any ideas for you other than hit the veggie platter. Also, depending what phase you're on, hit the fruit platter. Good luck & have fun.

Ruthxxx
05-02-2004, 08:51 AM
Quick good morning. I am feeling crappy still so have cancelled today and am going to bed with my water and a book. Enjoy your day for me!

ellis
05-02-2004, 09:00 AM
Ruthie, stay cozy and get better soon, dear. :grouphug:

Cottage, you're right into your gardening! I'm dying to get to a garden centre and pick up some flats, but I think it may be too early...

Jo, sounds like you had a wonderful time! Take care of that back, sweetie. :grouphug:

Jo (my gosh... two of you! Jo1 and Jo2?), I know exactly what you mean. I try not to think about the cost of my trainer. We have a family membership at the Y, and on top of that, my trainer costs $250 for 10 sessions. I'm about to sign up for my second session of 10. Just writing this makes me WINCE! :yikes: But it's SO worth it. I haven't started losing weight yet, but I'm a mass of muscle under all this fat, and the weight has got to start coming off soon. And I FEEL so much better!

DH is doing a 60km bike run today for charity. We started cleaning out the basement yesterday (zone from ****), and I may get down there and pitch some more junk.

Have a wonderful day, ladies! :hat:

wendyjo
05-03-2004, 11:10 AM
I wanted to finish mulching this weekend since my surgery is on Thursday and I went to 4 different stores and they are all out of red mulch!!!! Totally ruined my weekend!