Support Groups - Home of the Loozing Floozie's......(#86)

Sherry
04-27-2004, 05:50 PM
http://members.aol.com/SAbern1259/topwelcome3

Hello :wave:

Here at McSkinneys, Our mission is to motivate,support and lose those pounds & inches.We must keep those Loozing Floozies loosing!!

Feel free to join our group of wonderful ladies.Come on in.....Give us YOUR motivation,support and ideas.We would love to have you!!!

Sherry
04-27-2004, 05:56 PM
Don't Forget To Go Back To #85 And Read The Last Few Posts!!

Shelley......Glad to see you got back on!!!! ;)

ShelleyM
04-27-2004, 06:23 PM
Tina-You had me all excited! I thought maybe you would be traveling through Cape Coral, where my parents live!

Jennelle-They outlawed paddling here a few years ago. I personally don't believe in it, but that's just my own opinion. It was always horrible hearing it in the next room when the principal paddled kids. Now, sometimes a parent will come in and do it themselves. The parent is left alone with the child to handle it.

Sherry-You are right about the snacks and meals. We are a Title I school, with a 78% minority rate, and most of the kids in the school are on free or reduced lunches. They have to come to school to get a decent meal and some stability in their lives.

Gayle-I feel for your friend. It must be very hard to know that you might die if you don't lose weight.

DebbieA
04-27-2004, 06:44 PM
Hi Girls:wave:

I skipped my {nursing} training today and went to the Y. Mom went to see her surgeon this morning and got a good report. He took the stitches out and told her to start walking and bending that knee. The infection doctor had a bad report though, he said the staff was still present. Even with all the medication she is on, it registered the same has when she was released from the hospital. Guess it will just take time. She told me it felt good to get out of the house today.

Shelley...Glad you are back.

Sherry....Let's plan something for this weekend. We could sit by the pool and pretend it's warm enough to swim in...LOL.

Ramona...My heart goes out to you watching your Mom's health go down so fast. I'm sure you are doing everything you can to make her comfortable. Hope you hear from Dan soon, I can't imagine how hard it is for you. Hugs!!

Gayle...I agree with you about AI. I'm beginning to wonder if the whole thing is planned ahead of time, no matter who votes for who. That is so sad about your friend. Do you think he would want to join our group?

Tina....When again is the strawberry festival? I have been before but it has been years.

Cheryl....You are doing great with your plan. I need to pump up the volume here too, losing too slow for me.

Carol.....Ok...Where are you? How is things going? Get off that mower and post...LOL.

Jennelle....I have mixed feeling about paddling in school. I never wanted my kids to be paddled but see a lot that need it everyday. But really by the time they are in middle school, it is almost to late for it. There needs to be some way to get control of the kids, my school is unreal.

Dee...How are you feeling? Thinking about you and missing you!! :love:

Ok...I hope I didn't leave anyone out!!!

I've got tons of things to do before my show comes on. Going to watch it, even if it makes me mad....LOL.

Hugs...deb

~~SUMMER COUNT DOWN~~
:dancer:62 days down....34 TO GO :dancer:

Carol101
04-27-2004, 08:30 PM
Debbie: Here I am, I am over here... can't you see me. :lol: I am sorry to hear that your Mom's infection is still there. It took my Dad a long time to get rid of his too so hang in there. I am sure your mom will continue to feel better as soon as she can get out and about more and more. You are doing great losing too. You are staying OP and that weight will come off. Just stay with it. I am proud of you!!!

Ramona: I am so sorry to hear about your mom's health. It has to be very hard on you. Here are big hugs coming your way. {{{{HUGS}}}}. I hope you hear from Dan soon too. How much stress can one person take!! Here is an angel to help. :angel:

Shelley: Your doing a great job staying OP and exercising. Keep it up. I may get inspired yet. :high:

Sherry: Would you please share some of that willpower with me!! Fantastic job your doing!

Talking about AI. We have an elimination going on at work. We all picked our favorite to win and if you get kicked off, you have to bring food into work. I am still in the running, but needless to say all the extra "sugary confections" at work are really hard on the weight loss efforts!! :devil:

Gayle: That poor man. I know how bad I felt last year when I was at my all time high, but I imagine that is nothing compared to what he must be going though. My heart goes out to him. I pray he will get the help he needs and finds a support group like this one. He is very welcome here.

Cheryl: How do you do the fast thing! I would be starving.. Just don't think I can do only the liquid plan even if it would be good for me. Just have to have something to chew I guess. :dunno: I am sure it is a very good way to get your body cleansed and refreshed though!! You go for it!! Also a great idea upping your food intake instead of lowering it.

Tina: Glad you made it back in. You were missed. I will have to go see AI and we can compare the gory details later.

Jennelle: If more parents disciplined their children at home there would not be a need for it at school!!! And there is my 2-cents worth ;)

Dee: Hang in there. We are thinking of you. Wish I could send the whoosh fairy over to take away your pain!!

Vicki: How is your Mom? How was Cara's prom? I bet she looked beautiful!

I AM NOT STAYING OP!!!!!!!! ARGGGG!!!!!!!! I cannot get my butt in gear. Anyone want to come kick me in the you know where!!!

Hope I didn't miss anyone.

DebbieA
04-27-2004, 09:12 PM
Carol.... Glad you are still here. Please dig down deep inside yourself and found that place where you were this time last year. It's still there...I know it is!!

Vicki.. Sorry I missed you in my last post! Hope you are doing OK. Please keep us posted on your Mom.

About American Idol.....I finally agree with Simon....they were all terrible tonight. Except for Dianna!!! She was great! That red headed kid has got to go this week, can't take much more of him...LOL.

:dancer: DEB :dancer:

Sherry
04-27-2004, 09:29 PM

I've got a lot to do so this will have to be a quick post.

Gayle,
I'm so sorry to hear about your friend. That's so sad.Debbie had a great idea though. Would you ask him if he would like to post with us? Hopefully the surgery will give him life.I'll include him in my prayers.

Ramona & Vicki,
I'm still saying a prayer for your Moms. I hate that they have to go through so much. It's just not fair! HUGS for both of you!!

Debbie,
I hope your Mom continues to improve too and hope that infection clears up real soon! Bless her heart. You'll make a great nurse for her! :) Let's do plan something for Saturday night...Sounds fun! BTW: I'm so proud of you for being OP for 62 days!!! WOW!!!!! Don't worry so much about the weight...Look at all those inches you've lost!!!

Carol,
How is your Mom? About AI: I agree with Debbie...Dianna was the best tonight.I liked Jasmine too. Tomorrow is YOUR day to start getting back OP. You can do it Carol!!!!

Shelley,
We're a Title 1 school too. It's so hard seeing these poor kids wearing the same dirty clothes all the time.Most of them get their food, hugs & love at school.

Tina,
I'll keep the kids ANYTIME!! I'm only about 30-45 min. from you!! Come to Nashville, drop the kids off and have fun!! I mean it!!!

Dee,
Hope you're doing better. I sure do miss you!!! Love you!!

Jennelle...Doni....Cheryl......Hello & hugs to you!!!

Gotta get busy!

Hugs!

Sherry
04-27-2004, 09:39 PM
My ironing has to wait a minute. I've got to tell you something so cute & funny :wave:

A 4th grade teacher was walking down the hall today to go to the office and he passed a 1st grader walking down the hall. She was dressed in white shoes, white stockings and a pretty little dress. He said to her..."Wow..You sure look pretty today all dressed up.Where are you going?" She looked up at him,smiled and said...."The bathroom!!"

Jennelle
04-27-2004, 10:28 PM
Carol - Amen to that! I say it all the time: If more parents would actually RAISE their children instead of dropping them off at the schoolhouse door and expecting ME to raise them, our education system wouldn't be in half the mess it's in today.

Shelley - Most schools around here will not allow the parent to paddle the child themselves on school grounds. It sounds like a total oxymoron, but it's to prevent child abuse. At my old school during my first year of teaching, they let the uncle of one of my students paddle her at school and he damn near beat her to death. The asst. principal had to step in and restrain him. :(

Debbie - I also have mixed feelings about paddling. I have a "no paddle" note on file for both my kids (although they don't paddle much in high school!) and have had since we moved here. I kind of look at it this way: I'm their mom. If they need to be disciplined to that degree, that's my job. Of course, though, our house is a lot different than the homes most of my students live in. Most of my students are not punished in any other way than to have their rear end whacked with a switch. In my house, the consequences have always fit the crime. A good example: My daughter slammed her door in a fit, so she lost her door for a few days. My husband took it right off the hinges and told her she could have it back when she knew how to treat it. That was three or four years ago, and it's the last time she ever slammed a door in anger. The point stuck far beyond a swat on the ***. My students are always amazed when I tell them that the last time my daughter got an honest-to-goodness spanking was when she was in fourth grade (she's finishing up 9th now) and that I can literally not remember the last time I had to spank my son. (Although, now that he's 6' 1 1/2", I don't think I'd try! :lol: ) Sad, but true. Although I don't anticipate Mississippi will outlaw paddling any time soon, I wish they would. Maybe it would force the parents to take a little more responsibility. (Or maybe not.)

Sherry - hee hee hee....first graders are just TOO cute! :)

gdeann
04-28-2004, 12:02 AM
Jennelle, I so agree with you! Parenting should be in the home, not the school. We do not spank in our local schools and you can tell it by walking through the hallways. Kids have "no fear" of anything and know that no matter what they do the worse that could happen would be some time after school. I sway both ways on spanking personally. I feel it should be up to the parent, not the teacher. But then again, it could lead to abuse cases. I just know when I went to school there was always that fear in the back of my mind that made me behave. But of course, I was an angel anyways!

Deb, I hope your mom gets along ok with her leg. Is she taking antibiotics? Is she not as depressed? Thank you so much for offering a spot for Kevin here. I never dreamed when I wrote about him, you guys would want him posting here. I will probably wait to see how his surgery goes, then I will send him a note telling him about our group. He is a really nice man! He and his wife had kids of their own, then decided to adopt children of any race or with special needs such as being born addicted to drugs. At last count I think they are up to 13!!!!

Carol, you will get OP again & stay OP!!! I have the faith sister!

Sher, it is so sweet for you guys to offer Kevin a spot here. I laughed over your bathroom story! Kids come up with some good ones! I can't believe Allison starts school in August!

Vickster, how did Kara's prom turn out??? PICS PLEASE!!!!

Shelley, I'm glad you made it back here! Do you still have Mr. Peeps?

I had a class tonight so I missed AI! Steve filled me in and said the same thing you guys did. Dianna did great and the red headed kid has got to go!

Steve and I are talking about saving our money and going on a cruise October of '05. This will give us 18 months to plan and save the green stuff. Would any of you guys be interested in meeting and taking the cruise with us? So far, I think we are leaning toward Carnival cruise lines. We would probably board close to you, Shelley. The ticket cost includes the cabin, food and entertainment. If any of you have taken a cruise, please fill me in! We are clueless, but I really want to go. Expense wise, it is now no more expensive then any other vacation. How cool would it be to take a 3FC FLOOZIE CRUISE!

ShelleyM
04-28-2004, 05:46 AM
Gayle-I've been on a couple of cruises. The time I went (years ago before marriage) with some girlfriends we had an absolute blast! It was just a 3 day, but lots of fun. Loads of eating, dancing, etc. I wish I could say I can come, but the way money goes on around here, it is doubtful. Also, I will be working year round. I would love to come to the dock in Miami and see you off, though! Maybe that could be arranged.

Carol-I know where you are coming from. I had to just come to decision to get back OP by myself. It came to me when I tried on a pair of pants that had gotten a bit tighter. You will know when it is time for you. All we can do is try to help you get there. Of course, with me I am surrounded my people that think of nothing else, mainly my principal. She will let anyone know when they are putting on a few, although she didn't say anything to me because she knows how I see myself as so huge. She actually has to tell me that I am thin enough when I start really losing. Right now I am getting a bit ansy. I think I am ready to start TOM soon and I always get famished at that time. I've got to stay OP, though! As long as I can keep away from candy I am okay. You may want to start by not eating the food that sets you off for the day. That's what I am trying to do!

Well, it has happened. Becky got her license yesterday, and know she has asked if she can drop me off at school for the next 2 days. I am very upset at Mike for not having her car ready as he promised. Right now I am being an absolute b@$#h to him!!

Carol101
04-28-2004, 07:29 AM
:thanks:
Thank you all for your words of encouragement and your faith in me. Now how can anyone not get on board with such votes of confidence!! SOOOOO today is a new day and a new beginning!! With friends like you how can I fail!

Shelley: I am with you on the tight pants. Mine are almost beyond tight. I should go buy some new ones, but I refuse to buy a bigger size. So today I start losing again because no one wants to see me naked!!! (Except maybe hubby;), but we won't go there!!!):lol3:

Gayle: A cruise... Wonderful. I was planning an Alaskan one for later this year, but had to cancel it as hubby is remodeling the :moo: dairy facilities instead!! :mad: Maybe we can try again next year. I am sure you will absolutely LOVE IT!!!

Sherry: Out of the mouths of babes... I love it!!

AI: I agree. We need to get rid of the red headed guy!!

No time to post to everyone right now, but know that I am thinking of you all and sending my very best wishes and love your way.

I will be back tonight.

4myloves
04-28-2004, 08:52 AM
Ooooooo---Carol---Y'all are dairy farmers? Man, such hard work! We're running low on dairy farmers down here in Lower Arkansas. We only have one on the books right now, and as far as I know, he's the ONLY one. He has to go to Oklahoma City for his Dairy Farmers Association meetings and I think he sells his milk out of Shreveport. It's been tough for him lately. Sheesh--I can't imagine those 2-3:00 a.m. milkings everyday!

Gayle--I'll be coming up through Kansas this summer. I think. :) I have to decide whether I want to travel from Little Rock to Omaha by bus or by plane. I'm really leaning toward the bus, because I love to look out the window and see scenery while I'm listening to a good book. Plus, I've never been to Kansas OR Nebraska, and I think the experience would be a great one--and possibly a once-in-a-lifetime one. Ya know? How many people get to take that kind of road trip at the expense of the taxpayers :D (Everytime my fiance gripes about how much money he's paying in, I just tell him to consider it part of my "vacation fund" :) )

Sherry and Debbie--Sitting by the pool? You go girls. I'm so jealous!! Maybe I should drive over to Nashville and join y'all. My "tan" can always use work.

Jenelle--I don't know how I feel about paddling. Lord knows I sure got my fair share of them!! I think they're not always that bad, in fact they 'beat' the heck out of in-school suspensions--at least in my district. The kids would misbehave on purpose if they knew they'd be getting ISS. Ich.

American Idol......I thought Diana did a good job last night. I also thought Jasmine did fairly well. Latoya was the best. John definately has to GO!!!! I'm tired of feeling sorry for him. I don't really care for Fantasia. The more I see her, the less I like her. George is just there, IMO.

Hey to Shelley, Tina, Titan Dee (wherever you are!) Doni, Dee and Vicki!

Ramona--Hope things are going well with you. Hope Dan is safe and your mother is having a good day.

Cheryl

Deelite
04-28-2004, 11:19 AM
This is Larry writing for Dee, she asked me to post for her.

I copied out all the posts and gave them to her when I saw her and this is what she had to say

Ramona:
My prayers and thoughts are with you and hope that everything improves with your mother. I hope you hear from Dan soon.

Shelley:
Wow, I love your straight hair, youíre a very beautiful woman.

Jennelle:
Let us know if youíve got the librarian job, good luck.
I canít believe that they still have the paddle in your school, thatís been banned for years here in Canada.

Sherry I agree with you too, that snacks shouldnít be used for good or bad behavior because it would only encourages food behavior problems.

Sheryl:
Your doing great going to the gym and the weight will come off.

Sherry & Debbie:
Iím your sideline cheerleader, your doing great!

Gayle:

Iím glad that Steve is back home, I hope that heíll be home for a while. I have never heard of a body that is of maximum density. That is so sad. Hopefully his wife will be able to support him and loose weight too.

Carol:
Thanks for the Woosh Fairy wish.

Hi Doni, Vicky & Tina

Hope you all have a good day.

I love you all.

gdeann
04-28-2004, 12:15 PM
Hi Larry! Thank you so very much for posting the messages from Dee! We LOVE her dearly and want to see her back feeling good again. You are a very caring and thoughtful husband to take the time to print off the messages to Dee and then respond for her. Please let Dee know we miss her so much here on the board! She is a very big part of all of our lives! BTW: Are you two interested in the cruise next year?? Hint, hint...

gdeann
04-28-2004, 12:23 PM
Cheryl, Cheryl, Cheryl...you think traveling through Kansas will be exciting? you poor, poor dear!!!!! We have NOTHING out here other then flat plains as far as the eye can see, cattle and the smell that goes along with them! Why do you think I stay on the computer so mucH??? LOL!!! I have traveled by bus before and it is an experience. It's great if your not in a hurry and you do want to take in the scenery. Please do be careful though, some of the fellow travelers can be characters. Let me know what you decide, there could be a chance you will be stopping in a town not all that far away from me. If I know your schedule, I can make arrangements to meet up with you, even if it is just for a few minutes.

gdeann
04-28-2004, 12:26 PM
This was sent to me today and I hope you all don't mind me sharing it.
I
think it really hits home for many of us women.

By the time the Lord made woman, he was into his sixth day of
working overtime. An angel appeared and said, "Why are you spending so
much time on this one?"

And the Lord answered, "Have you seen my spec sheet on her? She
has to be completely washable, but not plastic, have over 200 movable
parts, all replaceable and able to run on diet coke and leftovers, have
a lap that can hold four children at one time, have a kiss that can
cure
anything from a scraped knee to a broken heart-and she will do
everything with only two hands."

The angel was astounded at the requirements. "Only two hands!?
No way! And that's just on the standard model? That's too much work for
one day. Wait until tomorrow to finish."

"But I won't," the Lord protested. "I am so close to finishing
this creation that is so close to my own heart. She already heals
herself when she is sick AND can work 18 hour days."

The angel moved closer and touched the woman. "But you have made
her so soft, Lord."

"She is soft," the Lord agreed, "but I have also made her tough.
You have no idea what she can endure or accomplish."

The angel asked: "Will she be able to think?"

The Lord replied, "Not only will she be able to think, she will
be able to reason and negotiate."

The angel then noticed something, and reaching out, touched the
woman's cheek. "Oops, it looks like you have a leak in this model. I
told you that you were trying to put too much into this one."

"That's not a leak," the Lord corrected, "that's a tear!"

"What's the tear for?" the angel asked.

They smile when they want to scream.
They sing when they want to cry.
They cry when they are happy and laugh when they are nervous.
They fight for what they believe in.
They stand up to injustice.
They don't take "no" for an answer when they believe there is a
better solution.
They go without so their family can have.
They go to the doctor with a frightened friend.
They love unconditionally.
They cry when their children excel and cheer when their friends
get awards.
They are happy when they hear about a birth or a wedding.
Their hearts break when a friend dies.
They grieve at the loss of a family member, yet they are strong
when they think there is no strength left.
They know that a hug and a kiss can heal a broken heart.

Women come in all shapes, sizes and colors. They'll drive, fly,
walk, run or e-mail you to show how much they care about you. The heart
of a woman is what makes the world keep turning. They bring joy, hope
and love. They have compassion and ideals. They give moral support to
their family and friends. Women have vital things to say and everything
to give.

HOWEVER, IF THERE IS ONE FLAW IN WOMEN, IT IS THAT THEY FORGET
THEIR WORTH.

bootwoman
04-28-2004, 02:12 PM
Hi ladies, I just heard from Daniel!
He was about 500 feet away from where the missiles hit. When it happened they called for the medics (he received medic training before he left). He grabbed his helmut and started helping with the wounded. The is really terrible, but he had to pick up someone's head and an arm. He is really shaken up. This is going to change his life forever...I just hope it isn't for the worse.
I just want to put my arms around him and hold him like I did when he was a little boy.

4myloves
04-28-2004, 03:08 PM
Oh, Ramona......He is only a boy, still. And he will always be your baby. I'll bet HE wishes you could put your arms around him and hold him like you did when he was younger! I think that he may be in the same unit as one of the men that works for the Agency, named Ron Chastain. I think Ron may actually be somewhat of a leader--I'm not sure of his rank. We've been e-mailing him from work and he said that the five men who were killed were in his unit....One of them was from here in Lewisville. I'm glad you got the news from Dan that he's physically OK.

Love, Cheryl

ShelleyM
04-28-2004, 06:58 PM
Ramona-I'm sure you are relieved to hear from Daniel, even though it was a close call. I pray that things will get better over there for all the wonderful soldiers fighting for our country.

Gayle-Your poem is beautiful and so true. Thank you for posting it.

Larry-Your post brought tears to my eyes knowing how our dear Dee is suffering in pain. You are a wonderful husband and she is lucky to have you, but not half as lucky as you are to have her! Please tell her that I love and miss her!

Sherry-When I get my weight back down, can I have a chickie, too?? I'm so jealous of everybody!

Vicki-I've got a couple of friends that are interested in putting together a Red Hat club, 1 of them is checking into it. What do you ladies exactly do when you get together?

Tina-I blew it again on ebay. A book sold for $1.00, and the shipping that I paid was actually more than the person paid because I printed it online where a .33 fee was involved, not to mention the percentage that paypal took out. Oh well, you win some, you lose some!

Carol, Jennelle, Debbie, Cheryl, Doni-Hi to all!

Jennelle
04-28-2004, 08:34 PM
Wow. Ramona, I'm so sorry for your son. I really don't know what to say.

gdeann
04-28-2004, 09:23 PM
Ramona, I am so happy you heard from Dan but so sorry to hear he has been through and witnessed so many horrible things. Thank goodness he has a wonderful family to come back here to and to help him cope with everything. I bet even with the story he had to share, you were still on cloud 9 after the call!

Just finished watching AI. I kinda felt sorry for the red headed kid (John). I think he truly acted like a man and behaved very well through his elimination tonight. Is it just me, or does the group seem tighter then in the past with previous groups?

Shelley, did you get the link to the wedding dress on ebay? If not, I'll pass it on to you. Maybe we really do not want to know what Vickster is doing at her red hat meetings! LOL!

Sherry
04-28-2004, 09:37 PM

I just got home from water aerobics. I'm turning into a mermaid!! :lol:

Gayle,
I sent the link of the ebay wedding dress to everyone that I have an address for. It was funny huh?

Ramona,
I can't even start to imagine what Dan is/has going through. I know how happy you were to talk to him. The things that he has witnessed may stay with him for a long,long time though. Hopefully with him having a loving family and friends he'll overcome this, As for all our wonderful men & woman that are over there. Bless their hearts.

Shelley,
I'll get you a chick ANYTIME you want one!! Just let me know the pound you want! ;)

Dee & Larry,
What a sweet post! That was so sweet of you Larry to print out our posts.. and to post for Dee!! You're as nice as she is! Give her a big hug from me and tell her that I love & miss her! I hope her pain is gone soon. I pray for her every night.

Tina,
Everytime I send you email, it comes back to me. Did you change it?

I can't post to everyone tonight...I have a lot to do....But I love you all!

ShelleyM
04-29-2004, 05:47 AM
Sherry and Gayle-I did get the link. I heard about it on the news. He got something like 2 million hits on the dress!

bootwoman
04-29-2004, 10:03 AM
Thanks everyone for your kind words of concern. I didn't actually get to talk to Dan, I just got a message from him through someone else. But at least I know he's okay. Sorry if I left you with the impression that I had talked to him.

I very tired mentally and physically today. I'll come back and post when I get my second wind.

Love U

gdeann
04-29-2004, 10:16 AM
Ramona, please check your email. It would of been nice to talk to Dan, but now you know he's ok. I continue to say prayers everyday for your family.

Jennelle
04-29-2004, 10:16 PM
Okay, I agree than John isn't the most talented on AI, but boy - he is just about the cutest thing alive! :o I almost DIED when I found out I was crushing on a 16 year old! :rofl: My SON will be 17 in August! :lol:

gdeann
04-30-2004, 12:38 AM
Jennelle- Will you and John be starring in the re-make of the Graduate? LOL! That's okay....Liz chuckles because I think Clay from last season is cute.

Carol101
04-30-2004, 07:52 AM
Only have a minute but wanted to check in.

Ramona: What a relief to know Dan is okay, at least physically. My prayer continue to be with him, you and your family. How is your Mom doing?

Jennelle: I agree, John from AI is one hottie!!

Sherry: That wedding dress on e-bay was such a riot!!! Loved it.

Gayle: How are you doing now that Steve is home. He still is right?

Sorry no time to post to everyone right now. I gotta run. I will try to post more tonight.

gdeann
04-30-2004, 09:37 AM
Carol, he came home for this week, then he starts in again! No need for an affair here, my husband is almost like a stranger to me!!! I told him the other day, the only difference now compared to my single life, is I get to wash his laundry on weekends! Actually, I had enough years as a single parent, the time alone never bothers me, it's just missing the little guy. LOL! You sound like your staying busy?

Sherry
04-30-2004, 10:45 AM

I'm home from work today!! I took a personal day. I had 2 I needed to take before school is out on May 20th so I still have 1 day left.

I'm going to do all my laundry and hopefully I can play or rest some this weekend.

Hope everyone is ok.. not much to report. Just checking in. Hope everyone is having a great OP day! :)

I'll check in later!! :wave:

gdeann
04-30-2004, 05:47 PM
Sherry, I hope you had a nice day off!

Is this the weekend our spunky little Canadian chick will be returning home?

Could you girls please say a prayer for a special friend of mine? I've mentioned her in the past, she has been battling cancer for several years now. Due to new medical complacations, they are now concerned the tumors in her brain are growing again. She will go in Monday for an MRI, please keep her in your thoughts and prayers.

DebbieA
04-30-2004, 07:49 PM
Hey Girls:wave:

Sorry I haven't posted the last few days but no time or energy. My sister has been sick and afraid to go around Mom, so I have had to change her medicine everyday this week. By the time I get home, it's time to get ready for the next work day. :faint:

Sherry....I'm glad you enjoyed your day off. Nothing to do....must be nice!! Looking forward to you coming up tomorrow night...please somebody make me laugh!!! Guess what.....ONLY 14 & 1/2 more days of school!!!

Carol....How has the last couple of days been for you? Are you staying OP? Please don't mow all weekend, take some time for Carol.

Ramona....I'm so glad you heard that Dan is alright. How is your Mom doing? Better I hope!! Hugs!!

Dee....How are you feeling? When is your next doctor's appointment. Hopefully he can do something without you having surgery. Love ya!!

Gayle....I have always said I wished James worked out of town. But I'm sure I would miss him too. Enjoy Steve when he is home!!

Love to all my other floozie friends~~

I was disappointed again this week by not losing any more weight. So depressed about it, I didn't even want to post it. BUT...I feel better about things today. I'm sure the weight will come off if I keep doing what I'm doing.

~~SUMMER COUNT DOWN~~
65 days down....31 TO GO :dancer:

gdeann
04-30-2004, 08:56 PM
Deb, please ALWAYS post even if you don't lose the weight. You are headed in the right direction and eventually it will come off. PLEASE take some time this weekend for you!

Sherry
04-30-2004, 11:44 PM
Howdy :wave:

Well I ended up having a lazy day!! :) I did my laundry and rested the rest of the day!! I sure needed that!

I went to the store tonight and did something I've never done before. I locked my keys in the car!!!! :( Wayne borrowed a slim jim but wasn't able to get it opened. (We couldn't find the other set of keys). We called a lock smith and $40.00 later I was driving home.

Debbie,
Please don't worry about the weight not coming off like you want.Just think about all those inches you have lost!! Also, with you working out so much at the Y your fat is turning into muscle and muscle weighs more then fat. I think you're doing awesome!! Don't get discouraged.You will get down to the size you want if you continue to be OP and work-out like you have been! :) Looking forward to seeing you tomorrow night!

Gayle,
I remember you telling us before about your friend. I hope & pray that she gets well.Please her heart! Keep us posted after you hear what her results are from the MRI.Also, I forgot to tell you that I enjoyed your poem you posted the other night!

Where is everyone else??????? Come out where ever you are!!

Dee...Are you home yet? How do you feel? Love & miss ya!!

Vicki....How was Cara's prom? Can you post pictures of her?

Hello & Hugs To: Carol,Jennelle,Ramona,Shelley,Cheryl,Tina & Doni!! :grouphug:

A little birdie told me that someone special has a birthday coming up on the 3rd!!!!!!!!!!!!!:D

Goodnight!!

siamese
05-01-2004, 06:43 AM
hellooooooo!
ive missed you all!
first off,
you all look wonderful!
new pics!
ive tried to put mine up and it wont go!!!!
its me and dd.
shellym love your new pic!
you all are beutiful women!

im so far behind im staring new.
ramona,i did read your post bout hearing from daniel.
all i can say is OMG!
i can only imagine how you must be feeling.
you and yours are steadfast in my prayers.

ok i have no excuse except been blue lately.
so i havent been online like i should.
was down over the bills ect.
my weight had skyrocketed due to binging and emotional,mom ect.
i had to snap outta it because i felt i couldnt breathe!
i went back on ediets again and im proud to say i lost the 10 pounds i gained!
so can i have a 10 pound chick?
there absolutly darling!

well things are starting to look up in other areas.
heres a brief lowdown,
first a had aterrible slip and fall in our local mall.
they told me ok go to the dr. bring us the bill.
well the dr. sent me to a ortopedic surgeon,
well they got honked off more money see and now there telling me they aint paying for nothing.
well thee telling the drs.they aint paying.
so i got the huge sack of fluid on my knee and i cannot get on my knee.
i have now hired a lawyer,he has sent me my questionaire,keep fingers crossed,i have no ins.

last tues we had some tornados hit our area and stupid me went out onto the porch as the sucker WENT RITE OVER OUR HOUSE!
i was starstruck!
noone was killed but it ripped the roof off a skating ring that had 30 children inside.noone was hurt thankgod but the rink is in walkng distance.
i swear it sounded like a large peice of farm eqipment that kept getting louder but the truck never came.
awesome!
ok now for the realy good news.
brian got a promotion!
he is now a supervisor!
he got a real nice hefty raise and better beneifits,dont know all details yet.he starts his new position mon.
and........
he is on midnites!!!!!
he has been on 2nds for 15 years!!!!!!
i might get to lose this time cuz im not fixing supper for him at 2am!
im glad to be back and apologize for being gone!
hugs,
doni
274/262.5/246 mini goal

ShelleyM
05-01-2004, 07:02 AM
Doni-I'm so happy to hear from you. Congratulations on your weight loss. We have missed you so much. I'm so sorry about your knee. You did the best thing by going to an attorney. It may take awhile, but it be fine. My BIL had a suit quite some years back over an accident. It took about 2 years, but in the end he won.

Debbie-Please don't worry about the number on the scale. It is just a number and what matters is the inches that have come off. You have been doing wonderful and you know it!!!

Yesterday was awful. First, I got a call from Patty's guidance counselor. She was in the office and would not stop crying. The scores came in for the state writing test and she got a lower grade than she expected. She passed, but probably got the lowest score in the class. To make matters worse, the teacher had balloons for the kids that got a 6 on the test, and the ones that had 5 and over got their names on the chalk board. Patty got a 3.5, which is the worse writing score that she has ever gotten. I picked her up and brought her to my school. After my principal heard what the teacher did, she was absolutely livid. She called the middle school's principal and told her that it was a terrible thing that the teacher did because it makes all the kids that really tried and didn't make the grade feel terrible. I am so proud of my principal for doing this. In the end, she is truly a wonderful person and thinks always of the kids. Isn't it awful what the pressure of these state tests are doing to our kids? Anyway, then Becky had talked Mike into letting her take his car to school. Guess what? She left the lights on all day and the battery was dead! After that (she got a jump from another kid at school), she took Patty and herself to work then to visit someone in my car. She got a flat tire in my car! This girl has been through everything and she has only had her license since Tuesday! She says whether her dad has her car finished or not on Monday, she is taking it to school! Bless her heart.

Ladies-There is a new person on the Memorial Day thread. Her name is Jaymi. Please welcome her. I have been rather lonely over there. Carol has popped in for a bit, but where is everyone??? I need some company before I ditch it too!

A very special lady is about to turn a year older!!! I wonder who it is???

Sherry
05-01-2004, 09:05 AM
Doni!!!!!!!!!!

Yeah.....You're back!!!! :cp: I've missed you so much!! I'm so sorry that you've gone through so much. Hopefully nothing from here on out will be nothing but good things!!:)

I gave you a 10 lb. chick! CONGRATS!!! Please continue to post and don't stay away this time. We love & miss you!!!
Sherry

DebbieA
05-01-2004, 09:21 AM
MAY IS BEAUTIFUL WOMEN MONTH

IT'S GOOD TO BE THE WOMAN

They smile when they want to scream.
They sing when they want to cry.
They cry when they are happy and laugh when they are nervous.
They fight for what they believe in
They stand up for injustice.
They don't take "no" for an answer when they believe there is a better solution.
They go without new shoes so their children can have them.
They go to the doctor with a frightened friend.
They love unconditionally.
They cry when their children excel and cheer when their friends get awards.
They are happy when they hear about a birth or a new marriage.
Their hearts break when a friend dies.
They have sorrow at the loss of a family member, yet they are strong when they think there is no strength left.
They know that a hug and a kiss can heal a broken heart.
Women come in all SIZES, in all COLORS

Women do more than just give birth.
They bring joy and hope.
They give compassion and ideals.
They give moral support to their family and friends.
Women have a lot to say and a lot to give.

Sherry
05-01-2004, 09:43 AM
Debbie....Your poem is beautiful! Thanks for sharing!

Shelley......Your Daughter did have a bad day! Bless her heart!!!! I can't believe a teacher would do that! That's horrible!! I'm so glad your Principal made that call.Give her a hug from me. :grouphug: Sorry about not posting on the challenge. I PROMISE I will be back to posting my menus on Monday!!!! :)

I'm spending my day in KY painting Mom & Dads new house so they can start moving in. We'll be at Debbie's tonight so I'll check in & see who posted when I get there.

Have a great OP day!! ;)

Hugs....

Sherry
05-01-2004, 09:46 AM
STOP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Please Go To #87........A New Thread Has Been Started!!! :D