Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 04-27-2004, 05:33 PM   #1  
Tons of fun!!!!

Default Hi everyone....A new girl with some questions

Hi, I am 23 years old and I am just starting out on trying to lose weight... I started getting heavy in junior high, and then lost weight the summer before high school, but I lost it the wrong way (mostly just starving myself) and for exercise i either walked or roller bladed. I lost weight, but was still heavy. After high school and into college i maintained the same weight, but the past year or so have gained probably about anywhere from 30-50 pounds (i stay away from scales so thats a guess.) I think some of it may be from taking birth control pills? So anyways I am just hoping on some advice for healthy weight loss so as not to fall back into the eating disorder pattern. Two years ago I was diagnosed with lupus so some exercise is not good for me, like high impact aerobics or kick boxing, you know stuff like that.... I would appreciate any advice
hippiechic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2004, 10:25 PM   #2  

The best advice I can give you is, make a goal and know that no matter what, you can do this!!!! Stay motivated and find what works for you. I personally find that the only thing that works for me is cutting all the bad carbs from my diet and I walk for exercise, drink tons of water and log on to this website for more support that I have ever received before. Cutting carbs does not work for everyone though....try to think about what make you really feel horrible (no matter what how good it was eating it) afterwards and your body is probably telling you it doesn't want it even if your taste buds do.

Remember you are the only one who will do it but we all can help each other with the process....good luck and keep coming here!!!!

Dale
Trixi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2004, 10:41 PM   #3  
my dad made me1 from wood

I cut my calorie intake to around 1200-1400 a day that seemed to help coz I can still eat everything i want just in smaller portions. For exercise I go walking and do pilates (just starting on that) Have u ever tried curcuit training its with exercise machines ( i could do it after my kidney transplant so I think u might be able to do it) it's not high packed it's quite calm. Anyways, hoped this helped if you ever wanna chat look me up..
Good luck,
Heather
scorchin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2004, 03:18 PM   #4  
Tons of fun!!!!

Thank you for the encouragement, I think this site is going to be very helpful, its nice to talk to people with the same problems and issues. I recently bought a pilates/yoga video with the mat and all that. I was thinking about going to curves.... (thats the circuit training, right) has anyone tried that place....any reviews???? thanks again..
hippiechic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2004, 03:36 PM   #5  
Head Princess

I do pilates and love it. You can see the whole rant and advice on the exercise forum.

As for Curves, my mother does that and loves it. I've heard lots of positive stuff about it
StarPrincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2004, 03:01 PM   #6  

I am new to 3FC but like many others I am not new to dieting. I decided on yoyo as my user name because I am a perfect example of a yoyo dieter. I have lost and regained my weight more times than I would like to count. I have just recently lost 30# and I am about 10# from my personal goal weight, but I am having a really hard time staying with it lately. I just returned from a week in St. Thomas and have been eating nonstop since I got home. I have a terrible habit of not talking myself into exercising and not talking myself out of eating. HELP!
YoYo48 is offline   Reply With Quote