Support Groups - Home of the Loozing Floozie's....(#84)

Sherry
04-19-2004, 08:00 AM
http://members.aol.com/SAbern1259/topwelcome3

Hello :wave:

Here at McSkinneys, Our mission is to motivate,support and lose those pounds & inches.We must keep those Loozing Floozies loosing!!

Feel free to join our group of wonderful ladies.Come on in.....Give us YOUR motivation,support and ideas.We would love to have you!!!

Sherry
04-19-2004, 08:05 AM
Don't Forget To Go Back To #83 And Read The Last Few Posts There!! ;)

Monday Weigh-In:
I lost 1 lb.

(Notice that I FINALLY got my 25 lb. chick!!!) :cp:

Carol101
04-19-2004, 08:35 AM
WTG Sherry!!! I am soooo proud!!!! Your going all the way this time. You skinny little thing!!!

Debbie: Your doing great too. To all of you weight losers!!! Keep up the good work. Together we will all get back OP!! :bravo:

Shelley: I am with you. My weight climbed over the winter. Journaling helped me before also, so maybe Sherry has a point. Lets all journal together. No good or bad, just tell it like it is and learn from our habits!!! What do you say girls.

Sherry if you create the thread, I will post to it!!! I need all the help I can get.

Seems like everyone was out enjoying the wonderful weather over the weekend, me included. Got lots of yard work done here at home and my folks.

Gayle: Glad you had a nice visit with Steve. Sure makes us appreciate what we have when we miss it huh!! ;)

I am down 1 lb. Now sure how that happened since I have been eating so badly lately, but I will take it.

I will have to start really watching my food intake when I start posting my meals. I am ready for you Sherry!! I want to have a 45 lb loss chickie!!!

Hello to those missing in action over the weekend. Jennelle, Cheryl, Tina, Vicki, Doni, Dee... Sorry if I missed anyone.

BTW: I love your Welcome banner Sherry!! Chickies everywhere!!! :lol:
Have a great day everyone

gdeann
04-19-2004, 10:23 AM
Sherry & Carol, Congrats on the loss this week! You two are doing SUPER!!!!!!!!!!!

Sherry, I LOVE the welcome geese!

Shelley, don't get to upset about the gain. You are the type of person that can catch yourself with a gain before it's to late. Unlike me, who is starting over... you did it before, now try it again, start journaling and watching the late night snacking. Do you like SF jello? I buy the little individual containers and keep it them in the fridge 24/7. If I'm really craving something, I can have 1 or 2 of those and the cravings ease off. Shoot, an entire 6 pack will not do any harm at all!!! I would push to get a doctors note, it's bad enough fretting about one child at school making it there and home, let alone two girls going to two separate schools. I'm sure Becky and Patty would prefer to go to the same school too.

bootwoman
04-19-2004, 04:54 PM
Hi everyone, sorry to have been gone so long. I've just barely had a minute to think, much less post. My mom is home and is in very poor condition. She has one kidney which has shut down completely and the fluid retention is getting worse every day. They have told us there is just nothing more that can be done. I feel so bad watching her in such misery. I'm still staying up with her during the night. My brother was supposed to take everyother night, but so far I haven't seen anything out of him.

I just had a horrible scare. My office is next to the receptionist's desk and I can hear everything that goes on in the lobby. A gentlman with the Department of the Army came in earlier and asked if she could give him directions to a house. He gave the address and it was MY house! I just about fainted. It turns out they are doing a background check on Daniel in order to increase his security clearance! Not a good thing to do to a mother!!!!

I promise I will be back tonight to address each of you. I just wanted to keep my foot in the door before you guys slam it shut on me! hahaha

4myloves
04-19-2004, 05:27 PM
Man, Ramona, I got scared just reading about that!! Thank goodness it was just for a background check!!!!

Welcome back Carol! You're avatar pic is great--what a knock-out you are!

Gayle--I use sugar free jello in all sorts of ways. If you sprinkle just a tad of the powder in cooked oatmeal, in lieu of sugar, it's wonderful. Especially the cherry. Although, I do use 2 packets of equal.

Sherry--I really like the geese. You're such a cool moderator :)

Sherry
04-19-2004, 06:46 PM
Howdy :wave:

Did everyone have a good OP Monday? Thought I would post now before I get ready for my water aerobics tonight.

Ramona,
First of all, We would NEVER slap the door shut on you!! I can't believe you said that! You are here to STAY FOREVER!! :D For once in my life, I'm speechless as what to say after you posted what you did about your Mom. I wish I was there to give you a real big hug. I'm so sorry that she's not any better.Please give her all of your love and let her know it's ok if she just can't fight it anymore.We love you Ramona and you & your Mom are in my prayers.

Dee,
I'm so worried about you! Are you doing any better? I hope that you'll be able to sit up long enough to post to say hi. Miss & Love You So Much....

Gayle,
Have you got an email from Dee? I hope she's doing a little better. How are your classes going? Do you make more for each level that you teach? How does that work? I'm like you on the jello...I could eat it ALL day!!!!

Shelley,
I know that it will be so hard about the girls going to different schools. Talk to the principal and see if she/he has any pull whats so ever.Hopefully something will work out for you.Did you stay OP today? You're a strong person so I know you'll get right back on track!! ;)

Carol,
WTG on the pound!! :cp: It's so hard to get back being OP but once we do...it gets easier huh? I started the Memorial Day Challenge thread. I'll try to post my foods today tonight after I get back from the Y.

Debbie,
Did anyone say anything about your hair? I thought the frosting turned out good. Do you still like it? I'm sooooo proud of you for staying OP for so long!! You're lookin' good girl!!! :)

Cheryl,
I'm glad you got the new shoes!! You'll have them broke-in in no time at all.Thanks for the tip on a sprinkle of oatmeal on the jello. Sounds great! I usually eat it with fruit and LF coolwhip. This will be a nice change.

Waiting on a post from: Jennelle,Dee,Tina,Vicki & Doni....Hope you're all ok!! Post soon!!! :wave:

Gotta get ready for the Y......Have a great evening.

Hugs!

ShelleyM
04-19-2004, 06:47 PM
OMG, Ramona! I too just about had a heart attack reading your post! Thank goodness everything is okay with Dan. I am so sorry about your mom. I continue to pray for you.

Sherry-WTG on your new chickie!! I'm so proud of you. Thank you so much for making a new thread for menus. I was thinking about doing it this morning, but I wanted to ask you first.

Carol-Good for you on the 1lb. lost! Please come and post with me on the challenge thread.

Gayle-Thanks for the tip. I don't buy the SF cups because they are too expensive. I need to start making jello again.

Cheryl-The oatmeal sounds interesting with jello on it. Do you use if as a snack or meal? I usually put a load of dried oatmeal in 1/2 container of ff cool whip for a nighttime snack, but I'm sure I'm having way too many points if I figure it out.

I have been very good today so far. The only problem is, I didn't eat breakfast or lunch. This is secretary's week, so the daycare gave us a platter of fresh veggies. I ate celery and carrots all day. I basically haven't had a meal today, so I really need to watch it tonight and not overdo it. I'm going over to post at the challenge now!

Carol101
04-19-2004, 08:37 PM
Oh Ramona.

My prayers are with you and all you are going through with your mom. Although you are probably exhausted with all you are doing, remember that these are all precious moments for both of you to be together. Your brother is missing out on the closeness you and your mom share.

And as if that isn't enough for one person to deal with, I can only imagine what that must have been like to hear someone from the army ask for your address. My heart skipped a beat as I read your post. I bet it took a long time for yours to slow down also.

Chin up girl and know we are all hear for you if you need us!!

Shelley:

I know you know better than to go without meals!!! It makes it that much harder not to over do in the evenings!! Remember, you are not alone, I am hanging in there with you and we will do it this time!! We have all been there when we have had to start over, so this time we will start over together!!

Cheryl:

I never would have thought about putting dry jello on oatmeal. Sounds yummy! I will definately have to give that one a try. Hope those news shoes work out great for you too!!

Sherry:

I must have still be asleep when I posted this morning. I was seeing chicks instead of geese!!! :lol:

Debbie & Sherry:

Okay, I want to know how the frosted hair looks!!! :D I am sure it looks great. You are both doing great on the water aerobics at the Y. Keep it up. It is paying off, I am sure of it!

Debbie:

Arm flab... OMG. You should see mine!!! Guess I will have to get out those weights too!!!

Gayle:

I keep those individuals containers of SF jello in my fridge at all times too and I have to admit, I have been known to eat more than one at one time!! :yes:

I have been so-so good OP so far today. I will post my meals later on the Challenge thread.. Come on everyone join in. Lets get as many of us in on the challenge as possible!! See you there!!

I better get a few things done around here tonight my little fairy seems to have taken the day off. :shrug: So I guess since they aren't going to do the chores I will have to!!

Catch you later.

ShelleyM
04-20-2004, 06:36 AM
I stayed OP for 1 whole day!! :cp:

Carol-We both did it!! :jig:

Now on to today!

Carol101
04-20-2004, 08:28 AM
GOOD MORNING LADIES!!

Just a quick hello then off to work!!!

YEA!!! SHELLEY!!! One whole day OP... yes both of us!!! The Sugar Monster threatened to take me over :nono: But I kept it in perspective at least and stayed with the program.

WE DID IT!!! :cb: I have to do a happy dance!! :dance:

Here we go again for day #2. We can do this!!!

HAVE A GREAT DAY EVERYONE!!

4myloves
04-20-2004, 11:48 AM
Hey y'all. The oatmeal is delish! All I do is cook my minute oats (1/2 c. dry) then put about a tablespoon of dry sugar-free jello (cherry is the best!) and 2 packets of the pink stuff. It has 3 points for those of you doing WW.

I was totally OP yesterday, as well. Did we have a good Floozie day or what?

I hope you all are doing well!

Cheryl

bootwoman
04-20-2004, 04:04 PM
Wow, so many of you are doing a fantastic job staying OP. Could you please package some of that willpower and mail it to me???!!!!

Gayle, How did Allison like going to the movies?

Shelley, that's a real bummer about the girls going to different schools. I hope maybe you can work something else out.

Vicki, how are your parents doing?

Cheryl, I think I will try your oatmeal recipe. It sounds very interesting.

Sherry and Debbie, would you come and frost my hair? I've been wanting to get it done for quite a long time. I'm thinking maybe I'll ask for a gift certificate to my salon for Mother's Day.

Dee, how are you feeling? You didn't go and have surgery without telling us did you?

Carol, you are really back on a roll! Keep on inspiring us!!!

Jennelle and Doni, I hope you are both doing well!

Sorry to keep this so short, but I did want to post to everyone even if it was just a few words.

I'll try to check back this afternoon. Thankyou all for the kind words over my scare yesterday. I still haven't quite gotten over it!!!

ShelleyM
04-20-2004, 05:55 PM
Yay Cheryl!! You were OP too!!

Sherry
04-20-2004, 06:26 PM
Dee.......................Are you you????????????

I was hoping to see a post from you when I got home today. I'm so worried about you!!!! Please try to write a short post and tell us how your back is. LOVE YOU!!!! :grouphug:

tinagailh
04-20-2004, 06:51 PM
Hello everyone!!

Glad to see everyone staying OP. I have been staying OP too. Only had one bad meal this weekend (Mexican YUMMM!!). I have been keeping up with my exercise too. Going to Curves M-F and trying to walk when I can.

I have to share a funny story. The kids and I headed to Wal Mart today. we always have to get one of the buggies that my kids call a "seat buggy". It has built in seats for your older kids to sit in. My kids were pretending they were in a boat. All of a sudden my oldest says "Hey Lady, Nice Butt" at least that is what it sounded like to me and her (you should have seen her face and mine) what he was actually saying was nice "Boat". I could have died.

Getting ready to go to T Ball practice. It has been such a pretty day. I am loving this sunny weather.

Sherry I just love the welcome banner!! It is sooo cute! You are doing great with the weight loss.

Do any of you ladies use coupons? I decided this week I was gonna see how good I could do with coupons. I saved $35!!! 54% of my total bill.

Dee hope you are feeling better.

Carol keep up the good work!!

Hope everyone has a great evening!!

Tina

Jennelle
04-20-2004, 06:57 PM
Hey girls -

My sister called last night to let me know that one of my very best friends from high school died at the end of March. Of course, I was surprised - he was only 35. But you know, I hadn't spoken with him for damn near 17 years...the last time was shortly before my son was born, so sometime in early 1987. So, at first I reacted in a more "wow, that's too bad" way. I did type a little bit about it in my diary last night, remembered some "Scott stories"...went to bed...

woke up this morning, and I'm really bummed about it. Right now, I want to gather up all my high school friends (most of whom I haven't spoken to in years) and go out for a beer and reminisce. Thing is, I live 2000 miles from where I went to high school, and most of my friends have scattered to the four winds.

I wonder if this is how my grandparents felt when their friends started slowly dying, one by one...

ShelleyM
04-20-2004, 07:12 PM
Jennelle-I know how you feel. It's just like last year when someone that used to work for me about 10 years ago died. Now someone else who worked for me at the same time is dying. When you had been close to a person, and then grow apart it is so hard. My prayers are with you.

Tina-Too funny! Kids say the darnedest things!! Good for you staying OP. Glad you joined the challenge! I can't believe how much you saved in coupons.

bootwoman
04-20-2004, 07:19 PM
I wanted to apologize to Tina...didn't mean to leave you out of my earlier post girl!!!
About the kids, all I can say is........ out of the mouth of babes!!!!

Jennelle, I'm sorry about your schoolmate. Even when you haven't seen them in a while, it can hit you pretty hard. The older we get, the more we realize our own mortality.

My dad and his housekeeper took my mom back for a follow up at the hospital this afternoon. They ended up having to call an ambulance to get her home. The doctor told dad it is time to call hospice in and to get a hospital bed for the house. He, my brother and myself are going to have a meeting tonight. It will be a difficult meeting.

DebbieA
04-20-2004, 08:50 PM
Hi Girls:wave:

I have always thought my life was a drama, but sounds like several of you are going through it too.

Ramona... I am so sorry about your Mom. I know nothing about this is easy to take. My heart goes out to you, just recently going through some of it myself. Hugs from Tennessee being send your way!

Sherry... It was good to see you today at Chadwell and it felt good to see some of the same faces there. I still miss it!!

Wtg all you losers this week!!!

We had a scare yesterday. Moms test came back that she had a staff infection in her new knee. They planned emergency surgery today but didn't get to her until around 1:30. The doctors told us all the worse possible things that they could find in there. Even taking the new knee out. But they ended up doing the scope and draining it and taking a lot of pictures. So, so far so good. They will flood her with meds for 2 days then take some more tests. Hopefully they got it all.

Sorry I'm not posting to everyone, I'm just exhausted!!

Hugs...deb

~~SUMMER COUNT DOWN~~
~~55 DAYS DOWN~~41 to go~~

Sherry
04-20-2004, 11:07 PM
Hello :wave:

I'm saying a prayer again tonight for Dee. I hope that her back gets well soon and she won't suffer anymore. Also, I'm saying a prayer for everyone that has lost a friend, a loved one, or has someone they love that is sick or in the hospital. My heart goes out to you all. :angel:

Now I need a prayer. I hope you don't think this is silly but I can't get it off my mind.I don't know if I'm going crazy or if my Parents are!! Here goes...

My Parents have lived in the same house that I grew up in.They have lived there for 37 years, which is about 5 miles from where I live. Well to make a long story short, They BOUGHT a house yesterday and it's in KY!!!!!! Since theirs is paid for they are going to sell theirs and put all the money on this one. It's a very nice house and a beautiful yard way out in the country.But it's about an hour away from here!!! I thought that when you got older you would want to be close to your children so when you get old or sick they would be there for you! Not move further away!! Mom acts like the drive is no big deal and I can come all the time!!!!!! Am I crazy or what????? I've been so upset about this but trying so hard to be happy for them.This seems to be the dream house they always wanted.Please pray that I'll make it through this & understand this move of theirs!

I'll post to everyone tomorrow night. I need to iron and take my shower.

Hugs!!!!! Love You!

gdeann
04-21-2004, 12:54 AM
Hi girls!

Sorry I have been MIA, but things have been hectic here to say the least. Honestly, I came here last night to read the messages, but with all the bad things happening in everyones life, it just kinda overwhelmed me and I was a loss for words.

Sher, I bet your folks will love the new house! It's only an hour away, so you can be there if need be. It's hard letting go of the past, but it sounds like your parents are ready to step into the future of retirement.

Deb, hope mom will be ok and they caught it soon enough. Keep us updated.

Cheryl, the jello powder and oatmeal sounds good. You are doing a great job staying OP!

Carol, which weight loss plan are you following? You are doing good maintaining if not losing.

Shelley, did you get the school stuff straightened out?

Ramona, sweetie, I know tonight will be hard for you. Do what is in your heart and what your mom would want. I don't know what else to say other then I love you. I am thinking of you!

Tina, don't you just LOVE kids! I bet the lady had fun sharing the story with her hubby! GREAT job staying OP!

Dee, I hope your not in to much pain? I was hoping you could post and let us know how you are? We are worried about you!

Vickster, how's mom? Are you still red hatting?

Jennelle, I kinda know how you feel. When I was a young teen, I had a major crush on an older kid. We would meet up with each other here and there, kissed a few times, but never dated. He was my first love (or so I thought at the time) I bet it had been 15 years since seeing him, he killed himself a few years ago. I tried to just pass it off, but it really was hard to deal with. Maybe you can call an old friend from school and just chit-chat a while? Or maybe you could make a memorial donation to a worth while organization in this mans name?

ShelleyM
04-21-2004, 06:33 AM
Sherry-I know it will be hard on you, but if they really want to do it, wish them the best and let them know that you will come to visit often and that you hope they do the same. I am trying to get my parents to come live by me. They are in the process of fixing up their house to sell (possibly). They will only sell if they get the right price. They have been there for 33 years and hate to move, but the housing market has gone sky high in their area (Cape Coral), and they live on the water with direct access to the river. They can get quite a bit. I really want them to come live a mile or 2 from me, and I have been on their backs about it. Cape Coral is about 15 miles away, and we don't get to go over there often because also there is a toll on both bridges to get there. If they move near me, I know if anything happens to one of them that the other would be very near. Since they are 81, I really want this to happen. You parents are much younger than mine, so you will be fine and I'll keep you in my prayers!

Debbie-I hope your mom's knee gets better. I'll keep praying for her.

Ramona-I can't imagine the difficult time that you are going through. Just remember the God doesn't give us any more than we can handle. You are very strong and I will pray for you and your family continually.

Gayle-Miss you!!

Dee-Please, let us know how you are doing. I know that you are in pain, but just know that we are all wishing you well.

Carol, Cheryl, Tina-How did you do on day 2 staying OP?? I made it and am so proud of myself!! Now on to day 3!!

Vicki, Doni-Please post and let us know what's happening in your lives.

Jennelle-Any news on the Media job???

Time to finish getting ready for work!! Everyone have a good day.

mzbhavin
04-21-2004, 08:35 AM
MOrning my Friends....

Well it's been a disasterious week already. Monday they again were supposed to put the feeding tube in Mom and before they even got her out the door at the nursing home they dropped her to the floor in front of my Dad who went balastic. They get to the hospital and the nursing home never set the surgery up for that day. So again my Dad and sister went hostile.
They get back to the nursing home and they tell my Dad & Sis that they should stay calm b/c these things happen...Well my Dad called the State and wants the nursing home investigated b/c this apparently isn't the first time they have hurt Mom. Which made me go bananas and want to go down and hurt them all.
So everything right now is under investigation and see what comes of it. In the mean time my sister is getting her moved to a facility closer to her.
Then i go to the Doc's and my b/p is sky hi and cholesterol is gone up again and they wonder why i am stressed and give me the law about taking care of myself first and not to WORRY about all this other.
Well sorry it just doesn't happen that easy..

So they told me they will see me friday and keep close tabs on me.

Sooooooooooo gals that's up with me so far this week..

Vicki

Carol101
04-21-2004, 08:56 AM
Sorry not time to post to everyone this morning. I will try to post to everyone tonight. Just wanted to let everyone know I was thinking about them. So many changes in our lives and our loved one's lives. I know God will be there to help us. One of my favorite sayings is the Serenity Prayer.

God Grant me the Serenity
to accept the things
I cannot change
Courage
to change the
things I can
and the
Wisdom
to know the difference.

Living ONE DAY AT A TIME;
Enjoying one moment at a time;
Accepting hardship as the
pathway to peace.

Taking, as He did, this
sinful world as it is,
not as I would have it.

Trusting that He will make
all things right if I
surrender to His Will;

That I may be reasonably happy
in this life, and supremely
happy with Him forever in
the next.
I know it helps me when I am going through a rough time. Please know I am thinking of all of you today!

My mom is going through her 1st day with the new medicine & chemo today. So I am with you all through thick and thin.

bootwoman
04-21-2004, 10:18 AM
Wow, are we all just at the age where are parents are declining, or is there some type of epidemic going on???

Vicki and Carol, I will keep your mothers in my heart and say a special prayer for them.{{{{{{{HUGS}}}}}}}}

Sherry, I think I would feel the same way you do, but like everyone said, all you can do is try to be happy for them. I know that will be hard, but some things are just very difficult to understand. {{{{{{HUGS}}}}}}}

Dee, I hope you are able to read this and know how much we miss you!!!

Gayle, thanks for your kind words. You will never know how much you and everyone here mean to me.

Shelly, I bet your parents came make a lot of money having a house on the waterfront. Hopefully they will move near you soon.

Debbie, I pray that everything will turn out all right for your mother. I know that must have been scary.

Jennelle, Tina, Doni, Cheryl (I hope I didn't leave anyone out this time!) I hope you will all have a good day.

We met last night and made a few decisions. I have to call Hospice today and see what the guidelines are.

Better get to work now. Love you all.....

Deelite
04-21-2004, 03:39 PM
Hi
I am here in body but maybe not in mind. It has been a rough time. I sob in the morning from the pain and I am not one that cries easily. I am afraid to get out of bed because that is when it hurts the most. I have to hobble down the stairs with a cane to get to the main floor. It still hurts even though I take morphine an hour before I venture out of bed. I do not have an appointment with the surgeon yet. I am waiting.

I think of each one of you when I read your posts. I wish that I could post to all of you individually but I just can't right now. Please remember that you are with me in thought. Thanks for keeping me in your prayers. It means a lot to me.

Love you all, DEE

bootwoman
04-21-2004, 04:23 PM
Dee, I'm so glad you were able to post and let us know what is going on. I hate it that you are in such pain. Why is it taking so long to see the surgeon? I will be thinking of you every day and praying that your pain is taken away very soon. If you aren't able to post, have Larry e-mail at least one of us so we will know how you are. Take care sweetie.

ShelleyM
04-21-2004, 07:29 PM
Carol-Thank you for posting the Serenity Prayer. I refer to it often in hard times.

Wow, it's really heartbreaking to hear all the pain everyone is going through with our loved ones and ourselves. Please know that I am thinking of each and everyone of you and I love you all!

gdeann
04-21-2004, 08:07 PM
Thank you Carol for posting the Serenity Prayer, it is one of my favorites. We needed it today!

Ramona, I hope you found some of the answers you were looking for today through Hospice. I can not say enough good things about the organization! Most people don't realize all of the services Hospice offers to the patient and family until it is to late.

Dee, YOU POOR DEAR! I feel so sorry for you! I wish I could be there with you to offer you some comfort and to hold your hand through the pain. I second what Ramona said, please make sure Larry can reach us if need be.

Vickster, I am so sorry your mom had to go through that! Hopefully your sister can find placement for her somewhere else. I see some of the neglect that goes on in the nursing homes with patients with no family. Thank goodness your mom has most of your family near her. Please take care of yourself too, ok?

I'm here, nothing exciting going on. Steve is back out of town, so I'm playing single person again this week. I told him he better watch out, I may just get to use to this! LOL!!!

DebbieA
04-21-2004, 10:37 PM
Hey girls

Hope everyone had a great OP day. I went to the hospital after work and Mom is doing a lot better. She did run a high fever last night and most of the day but this afternoon it was close to normal. Thanks everyone for your prayers. Thanks Sherry for visiting her this afternoon. It meant a lot to me.

I am so mentally exhausted, I won't even begin to try and post to everyone tonight. But I am thinking of all of you and sending my love to each of you.

Thought for the day.....this really hit home to me!!

"Every Passing moment is another chance to turn it all around"

~~SUMMER COUNT DOWN~~
:kickcan:56 days down :kickcan:40 DAYS TO GO:)

Sherry
04-21-2004, 10:41 PM
Hi :wave:

I'm really tired so this may be short tonight. After work I went to the hospital to see Debbie's Mom, went to water aerobics and just got out of shower.I still need to iron.

Ramona......Vicki........Carol.........Debbie,
Your Moms are still in my prayers! May they each get well and may you all be strong.

Gayle....Can Wayne go with Steve next time he goes out of town?? :lol:

Dee.....I'm so glad you posted!! I wish so much you were better. Like I said...I would take your pain any day so you wouldn't hurt. Tell Larry to get you a lap top and you won't have to get out of the bed and hurt. Love you! :grouphug:

Tina....I forget to tell you...The story at Walmart was too funny! Don't ya just love kids! ;)

Shelley....What's the temp. there? I bet it's sooooo nice!! Did you decide what to do about the girls next year?

Jennelle...Are the kids at your School wild? Ours sure are!!!!! Lord let us make it to May 20th!!!

Cheryl....How are those new shoes? Got them broke in?

Doni.....Where are you????????????????????

**For all the AI watchers: I may quit watching the stupid show! I was so upset at who the bottom 3 were!!!!!!!!

Later.......Hugs!!

Sherry
04-21-2004, 10:46 PM
Debbie....We were posting at the same time. I liked your thought for the day! Soooooooo true!!!! :)

gdeann
04-21-2004, 10:58 PM
Deb, glad mom's feeling better!!!!!

Sher, sure, pack Wayne in a priority box and send him up. He should make it here just in time for Steve to leave again! I swear I make a pretty good handy man around here!

Yep, fed up with AI!!!!!! Jennifer was one of my favorites!!!! She has changed so much over the course of the show, from how she first sang to her appearance. I refuse to watch another AI if they kick off Latoya!

ShelleyM
04-22-2004, 07:08 AM
Not much time to post. Just wanted to let you know that the staff gave each of us secretaries $50.00 for secretary's day. Wasn't that nice of them? Today more surprises are in store from the kindergarten team....
You are all in my prayers--Deb, I'm glad your mom is doing better.

Carol101
04-22-2004, 08:40 AM
Good Morning :wave:

From everyones' posts lately, I for one definately realize that life is too short to take anything or anyone for granted!!

Debbie:

I loved your thought for the day. About 5 years or so ago my Dad had a knee replacement and got an infection it it as well. They had to replace the knee replacement, but you will be happy to hear that all turned out well. Finally got rid of the infection (but it did take a little time) and he has no problems with it now. I am sure the same will be true for your Mom. My prayers are with her. Get your rest and take care of yourself too. I love you!

Tina:

In light of everyone's tragedies right now your uplifting kid's tale was a great relief. Kids sure know how to change a whole day and attitude!! Treasure their moments!! Kids are our future!

Sherry:

I am sure all will work out with your parents' moving to KY. Adjustments such as people moving away, no matter how far, are very difficult, but I am sure all will work out. Hang in there. I love you! BTW Great job and doing your water aerobics!! Keep it up!! I can't believe what is happening on AI either!! It is unbelievable. I guess I better get on that phone and call my choice in so we don't lose anymore of the really good ones!!

Gayle:

Hey Handy Girl!!! I can always use some help around here. :lol: I am proud of you for the way your handling Steve's absences. Keep up the cheerfulness. Your a wonderful person.

Dee:

My prayers are with you. I certainly hope that the surgeon can help you soon. No one should be in such pain! Please take care of yourself and know we are all here for you!

Ramona:

In this difficult time, I can only say that I think of you often and what you must be going through. I know in time I will dealing with some of the same issues you are dealing with now and I dread that time. So, please keep your chin up and be strong. Come talk to us often so we can help support you and give you strength when you need it!! {{{HUGS}}}}}

Vicki:

The same goes for you Vicki... I hope you find a great new place for your Mom. It is horrible to think what she was going through. She is lucky to have all of you to take care of her and keep her safe. {{{{{HUGS}}}} FOR FOR YOU ALSO!! Don't forget to take care of YOU!!

Shelley: Your don't great staying OP. You go girl!!! You are definatly worth more than $50!! ;)

Jennelle: Any word on that job??? Let us know how you are doing? Loss of someone we care about (either years ago or now) can be devastating.

Cheryl: Are you still keeping up with your walking... Shoes working out for you??

Doni: Where are you???

My mom had her chemo with the new meds yesterday and all went well. No adverse effects from the drugs. Time will be the deciding factor, so all we can do is wait. In 3 months they will do tests again to see where we are, so now we wait!! Thanks to everyone for their prayers!!

I am giving everyone a round of Hugs today. We all need it!!

{{{{{{{{{{{{[HUGS TO ALL}}}}}}}}}}}}}]

JUST A NOTE: I want to commend everyone on our thread. Even though most, if not all of us, are going through some really rough personal/family times, you are still taking the time to post to support and pray for your friends here. WHAT A WONDERFUL GROUP WE HAVE. I thank God for such friends I have found here!! I love you all!!

Have a great day!!!

4myloves
04-22-2004, 11:47 AM
Hey all.....

I had such a b-a-d day yesterday. Not only did I not go to the gym or walk at home, I had a big, juicy cheeseburger (with MAYO!) and french fries for lunch, AND I went out to eat Chinese food and had ice cream & cookies for supper!!! I was awful :(

My new shoes are making walking a pleasure again--I just don't know what was wrong with me yesterday. Blah.

I feel for all of you ladies that are having troubles with your mothers. That is one aspect of growing older that I am most definitely not looking forward to. My mom has been having trouble breathing and pains in her shoulder area lately. I have tried and tried to convince her to go to the Dr. and get a check-up because I'm terrified that it may be heart troubles, but she says it's just stress. I know from experience that the symptoms of stress can be the same as heart problems, but she needs a doctor's opinion on this matter--it could be very helpful either way. Parents....

Anyway, I'm sorry this message has been a downer. Guess I'll just have to go home, look at my empty baggie and dream of snow........

Cheryl

gdeann
04-22-2004, 01:25 PM
Cheryl, you mean the bag was empty? Oh shoot! I guess it must of melted! LOL!

Don't think that you are a downer! We ALL have days when something just "clicks" and we "lose it" YOU are doing AWESOME with your plan! Just get right back to it and all will be fine again! Don't fret if you have a gain due to your day of indulgence, most of this will be water retention. I can not tell you enough how proud I am of you!!!!

tinagailh
04-22-2004, 01:44 PM
HI!!

Sherry I couldnt believe when they said who the bottom 3 on AI were. I was so shocked. I haven't called in before so I guess I can't complain but boy was it a shocker!! I think they were just as shocked (if not more).
I forgot to tell you I like the polls. This one was a toughy for me. I liked a lot of the condiments.
My husband is talking about moving about an hour away(in KY). I love the area he is talking about but it will be the farthest I have lived from my parents. I am having trouble with the thoughts of being so far away. What part of KY are they moving too? There are some beautiful areas.

Debbie, Thanks for the thought for the day. It really is true! I am so glad to hear your mother is doing better. I hope you got some rest last night.

Dee, Glad to see your post. I hope that you get some pain relief soon. A laptop would be a great idea. I love mine!!

Shelley what a great gift!! I dont know how it is at your school but where I worked If there were no secretaries there would be no school! You deserve it.

Carol I will keep your mom in my prayers and hope it all continues to go well. I am so proud of you for your great posts. I enjoy reading them and admire your great attitude!!

Cheryl don't worry about the bad day. We all have them ( I seem to have a lot of them). We all have our weak moments and I don't know about you but stress tends to make me eat and eat and eat. Something about those cheeseburgers I think will make me feel better. Sometimes are parents can be more stubborn than our kids. At some point in our life our roles reverse and you feel like the parent instead of the child. I know it has to be hard. I will keep her in my prayers and hope that she will get to a dr.

My mom is still very sad. she is going to talk to a therapist. I just don't know what to do. I am thankful that she is seeking help. I just hope that is enough.

Thanks to you all for the great attitudes and sharing your lifes. I enjoy reading about each and every one of you!

Love
Tina

bootwoman
04-22-2004, 01:56 PM
Hi everyone. I hope you are all having a good day.

Shelley, that was a great gift. My bosses took me out for Chinese food and they gave me a nice card and a gift basket of various lotions. I had a wonderful time. I had to tease them a little though. There were 5 men and myself. All of the men are at least 6'2" or better and they all had sidearms and badges on. My chief boss wears a cowboy hat and boots, jeans and a pistol. And then there was me standing 5'6" wearing my polo uniform shirt and khakis. We got quite a few stares! It was funny to watch people. You could almost tell the ones who had been to our little "hotel" before. Some of them glared and some avoided us like the plague! hahaha

Just wanted to say a quick hi and I'll be back later this evening.

4myloves
04-22-2004, 02:03 PM
Ramona--I'd be staring, but I'd be thinking how lucky you were to be in the company of all those uniforms.....Sigh....I love police.

ShelleyM
04-22-2004, 06:58 PM
Ramona-Sounds like a terrific lunch! Today the kindergarten kids came in (all 5 classes) and sang a song that made us all cry. They were so awesome!

Cheryl-I agree with Gayle. Just pick yourself up and go on. You are doing fantastic, as is everyone!!

Carol-Your posts have been a pleasure. I am so glad that you are here. I'm glad there were no after effects from your mom's chemo.

Tina-I hope your mom gets the kind of help she needs. Gosh, isn't she younger than me? Didn't she just turn 50? Maybe that's why she has been down. I know turning 50 was no piece of cake for me!! I wish the best for her. Please just let her know that you love her and that you are there for her when she needs you.

Gayle-How is Allison now? Has she gotten over the accident? I miss your posts!!

Am I the only Floozie who has never watched AI?? Give me that makeover show any day. That's the only reality show I watch.

Debbie-How's the ankle? I hope you are walking normal now!

Sherry-Have I told you how proud I am of your exercising? You have been doing great.

Vicki-Is the nursing home your mom is in located in Tampa? What's the name of it? My bro lives in Tampa, and I'm just wondering if they know anything about the place.

Dee-I hope you are okay. Are you using a laptop to post to us? It must hurt to have to go to the computer if you aren't.

Jennelle-When is the last day of school where you are? Our principal went to a recruitment fair for the past 2 days here. The whole personnel department from the District was closed in order for everyone there to attend this thing. I guess it was some big deal. I know she hired a few teachers from it. I guess Fl. is in great need of teachers, what with the NCLB act. It's all costing the district a massive amount of money.

Doni-Please let us know how you are!

Sherry
04-22-2004, 08:18 PM
STOP!!!!!!!!!

Please Go To #85..........A New Thread Has Been Started!!!!!! ;)