UK Fat Chicks Meet dieters in your area, discuss weight and food issues unique to the UK.

Old 04-16-2004, 07:55 PM   #1  

Default Good food finds

or favourite UK food finds part two

for slimming world or whatever!

cremosa sugar free by chupa chups lollipops (I know, lollipops aren't usually top of your shopping list ) 1.5 syns bought at woolworths, asda and wilkinsons (yes I have whole teams of people looking out for them!) Good for sucking on whilst at computer!
veggie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2004, 07:58 PM   #2  

I have to put these

Count on us chips M&S (chilled section) 1.5 syns for the WHOLE box they v nice.
Old 04-17-2004, 05:18 AM   #3  

those lollipops are nice i had one the other day from morrisons., Haven't tried the m&s chips though will have to give them a go.
pippie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2004, 08:46 AM   #4  

does anyone know about the diabetic stuff out there my mum bought me a great big bag of bioled sweets and she said as they where for diabetics{she is diabetic} that there is no sugar or glucose in them and i should be able to eat them and im very tempted as purple and red boiled sweets are my very very favourites so if anyone knows id be really grateful
kirsty
linus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2004, 09:50 AM   #5  

My Mam is diabetic she won't even have a sugar free lollipop (she has willpower enough for this whole site ) and they have syns in them so the sweets will.
Old 04-17-2004, 04:00 PM   #6  

thanks veggie doesnt matter now because unbeknownst to me the kids eat them
kirsty
Old 04-17-2004, 06:15 PM   #7  
Must Stay Motivated

Smile

I have tried the lollies and they are lovely. I will look out for the chips. What kind of chips are they? microwave chips?

My only reservation about diabetic sweets is that you shouldn't eat too many (as for all sugar free sweets including cremosa lollies) and especially kids as they can have a quite severe laxative effect - lol. I know that most diabetic sweets are allowed on Atkins after the induction stage. You deduct the polyols from the carbs.

I have finally managed to find the mushroom and wine pasta and sauce. It used to be my fave but for some reason they don't seem to sell it in many shops any more. I found it in Asda while I was away last week and so bought 9 packets - lol.
Superwitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2004, 07:26 PM   #8  

They proper oven chips and in the chilled fridge with the other count us us stuff when I got mine they were still buy two C.O.U things get a pound off so one pack was free.
Old 04-18-2004, 04:07 AM   #9  
Must Stay Motivated

Are they in a single serving box then? It was the box that threw me - lol.
Old 04-18-2004, 09:21 AM   #10  

If like me you think 300g is a single serving then yes
Old 04-19-2004, 03:16 PM   #11  
Must Stay Motivated

I just ate a box and I agree that they are a single serving - lol. They were good. I am happy with SW chips made with spray oil but hubby wouldn't manage all that so asked him to pop the chips in the oven for me so that they were ready when I got home.

Cost me a fortune though as when I went to M&S to buy them I filled up my trolley with loads of other stuff too - lol - just because I couldn't be bothered to go to Sainsburys. Was pretty good though and got loads of salad and veg.
Old 04-20-2004, 11:42 AM   #12  

if anyone wants the recipie for goulash which is free on red let me know and ill type it in
Old 04-20-2004, 04:13 PM   #13  
Theres no stopping me now

yes please Kirsty. I am looking for ideas for red days, green ones are quite easy, red one's I struggle with. tonight I had smoked haddock with stir fried vegetables, need to be a bit more adventurous
Smiling Sal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2004, 04:14 PM   #14  
Theres no stopping me now

Just a thought is it one of the books they give you when you start and I have just missed it??????
Smiling Sal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2004, 05:46 PM   #15  
Must Stay Motivated

I have had the meditteranean vegetable lasagne from M&S (count on us) for my dinner tonight. It was lovely and only 2.5syns. I also like the count on us mash with carrot and swede. I have been snacking on some fresh shelled peas (raw - yummy).

I also struggle with red days. I am fine with green days but find the red a little more restrciting. My friend has it the other way round. I have been pretty good today so I am pleased with myself. Have terrible heartburn now though so am off to have some milk before bed.