Support Groups - CCRRMM May Day Sprint: Why Waste Time? Let's Seize the Day 'n Sprint Away to May! Ok?

Amarantha2
04-11-2004, 12:45 PM
The corps o' jolly CCRRMM spring weight loss/maintenance elves have been out tippy toeing through the tulips this Easter Morn. They've been discussing a crisis in the weight loss/maintenance situation at the palace, e.g., in TWO lil' ol' weeks AND SIX DAYS from today it'll be MAY DAY!!!!! Given that there are :queen: s who still have weight loss/maintenance goals they'd like to achieve by the windup of SPRING, said elf corps has, in cooperation with the fluffy bunny towel boys who are STILL keeping the bunny thread open for reports in the next few days, decided to host an invitational WEIGHT LOSS/MAINTENANCE SPRINT, with the same rules as the Easter sprint. Be brief if you wanna (or not if you wanna), post a weight goal (this can include maintenance or even if you wanna gain a few pounds (huh?) OR a related NONSCALE VICTORY) REPORT PROGRESS AND FINAL RESULTS OR THE ELVES'LL BE AFTER YA! All CCRRMM :queen: s are invited as well as any neighbors, lurkers, passing folk with blue-and-green Maybaskets in hand, Maypole sitters, people with bells on ...

Theme song: "It's May, it's May, the month of 'yes-you-may,' that lovely month when everyone goes frightfully astray ..." (Guinevere's May song from Camelot)."

Please grab a basket-o-flowers at the starting line and start your engines!

Amarantha2
04-11-2004, 12:48 PM
Ok, Elves, here I am with my little blue May basket filled with my goal is 147! I was thinking this ISN'T where I started the Easter sprint. I think I was 149.5, so maybe I just maintained for three weeks! Anyway my starting weight on this sprint is 149.5!

Thanks be to the :queen: who suggested calling these "sprints" ... was it Anagramatic? Please excuse the poor memory. I am aging rapidly.

ceara
04-11-2004, 02:46 PM
AL-L-L--R-I-G-H-T!!!!

O K !

I'm in!

Hee...start is 191...just so's my challenged brain canst remember.
Wanna go to 186...

Gotta go wash a puppy!

Happy Easter! Or what ever you'd like to celebrate today!

Ceara :dizzy:

Amarantha2
04-11-2004, 04:48 PM
Hooray for the intrepid five-pound sprinter, Sword Bearer Ceara!!!!

Hoppy Easter to thee, Ceara, or whatever!!! I personally am celebrating just spring (well, it's been spring here for months, but ... AND THE START OF THE CCRRMM MAYDAY SPRINT!!! May! Hooray!!!)

Kaylets
04-12-2004, 07:58 AM
Hello all--

This will be a first for me-- My goal is to be within a 2 lb range--
I seem to be in the 161-160 range today... In 2.5 weeks I'd like to be
157-158-- ( would love to be much lower but this is reality so....)

Thanks for setting this one up Empress...

zadie k
04-12-2004, 11:34 AM
Ok. I want to get down 3 pounds this sprint. Details later (actually probably in a few days).

Amarantha2
04-12-2004, 03:40 PM
Sis, boom, and rousing May Day bah (NOT bah humbug, 'cause it's May not December and we have a better attitude than Scrooge!)!!! :cheer:

Yowza and a hearty May Day hurrah to Kaylets and Zadie for throwing their May bonnets (?) into the ring and lining up for the Maypole Dance that the jolly May elves are organizing!!!

Huzzah!

anagram
04-12-2004, 07:54 PM
I'll be in on this sprightly sprint. For my "start" weight I will use the 206 I feel I achieved on the last sprint. I weight more today after my Easter excesses but I'll just have to relose that and go from there.

One goal will be to get back to some sort of exercising. I've been really lax there the last six weeks and it shows. The other will be to see the 205 # on a permanent basis instead of here and there as a tease. And hopefully to see 204.8 or lower.

deleted2
04-12-2004, 09:42 PM
I'm in! My goal is to just lose one skinny little pound which would be me at 134 pounds! :D

Amarantha2
04-13-2004, 02:45 AM
Hooray for May! Anagram and Eydie have come to play!!!! Up, up and away! :balloons:

ceara
04-14-2004, 07:55 AM
OK, the scale is stuck! At least it is at the same number!

Am off for a dog show week end...in the Baltimore area.
See you guys early next week!

Ceara

Amarantha2
04-14-2004, 10:02 AM
Sis boom bah and congratulations to May :queen: Ceara for maintaining this week!!! :cheer: Have fun at the dog show, Sword Bearer!

Cerise
04-14-2004, 04:20 PM
I'm with Eydie. One pound! One pound! One pound!

(OK, that looks like I want to lose three pounds but it ain't true. One pound!)

Amarantha2
04-14-2004, 06:22 PM
Welcome to May :queen: Cerise lining up with May :queen: Eydie in the one pound division!!! Huzzah!!!! :cheer:

We can do this May :queen: s!!! BTW, we ARE all May :queen: s, in case I neglected to call anyone by that sobriquet!!! Huzzah!!!

Amarantha2
04-15-2004, 12:09 AM
Really! We can!

:balloons:

Amarantha2
04-17-2004, 10:45 PM
The jolly May weight loss/maintenance elves are bumping this thread so all sprint participants can start to think about checking in as we're facing a new week here!!! :)

I'll be back with my weigh-in tomorrow!!!!! Hoping for the best, but thou :queen: s knoweth how it be! :yikes:

Amarantha2
04-18-2004, 11:10 AM
A jolly elven cheer goes out over Sprintland for Amarantha's half pound loss this week. Though she hoped for more, she's going in the right direction and this is a good thing!!!! Huzzah! (Sorry, can't resist congratulating myself!) :)

Amarantha2
04-18-2004, 09:25 PM
Having way too much time on their hands, the Jolly May Elves have compiled a list of participants in this May Day Sprint in anticipation of receiving reports from all of them this week!!!! An elfish reminder: there are TWO weeks to go so let's go for the gold!!!

Amarantha (this is in alphabetical order and I can't help it if I come first in the alphabet); goal: 147

Anagram; goal: exercise, 205 permanent, see 204.8

Ceara; goal: 186

Cerise; goal: lose a pound

Eydie; goal: 134

Kaylets; goal 157-158

The JE's are ordering BLUE RIBBONS for all participants who report in this week!!! Win a blue ribbon!!!! Report! Report! Report!!! Win a blue ribbon!!!! Report! Report! Report!

Kaylets
04-19-2004, 06:26 AM
Not sure why I picked such an ambitious number since the scale has not moved since I chose the number.... or maybe only moved 1lb...up and down!
as of this am, I scale says 160 which I believe I was very excited to report 2 weeks ago too!

HEE HEE!

deleted2
04-19-2004, 07:23 AM
Still holding at 135---not complaining, but I still have dreams of getting to 130. :)

Amarantha2
04-19-2004, 08:13 AM
Yowza!!!!! The Jolly May Elves are pleased to hand out a BLUE RIBBONto May :queen: Kaylets for her very good weigh-in and report and a BLUE RIBBON to May :queen: Eydie for her perfect adherence to her maintenance weight and participation in this sprint!!!! Huzzah for two great participants!!!!!! Thanks for the reports, :queen: s!!!!

:cp: :cheer: :cp: :cheer: :cp: :cheer:

Arabella
04-19-2004, 01:59 PM
Quickie join/post -- Didn't weigh in last week, but met Easter goal this week. Good enough! I think I'm due for a big one (oh, loss, i mean ;) ) so I'm looking for a 4 pounder. My WI is on the Monday, so that's going to be late May Day, but ... I'm making this up as I go along. Hey, off to fix my sig!

Amarantha2
04-20-2004, 09:47 AM
Congratulations to thee, Arabella, for meeting thy Easter goal and thanks for joining in the May Day Sprint!!!! Thou has set an ambitious goal but thou canst do it!!!!! Yowza!!! :cheer:

Here be the new roster, :queen: s :

Amarantha; goal: 147

Arabella; goal: lose four pounds

Kaylets; goal 157-158

Arabella
04-20-2004, 10:23 AM
Thank ye, Empress Divine! YES I CAN! :cheer: :cheer: :cheer:

Ok -- off to do the step tape. I've pledged to get in at least 15-20 mins high intensity workout every day, because I KNOW it works, and in so many ways! YOWZA, as the wise woman sayeth! :D

Amarantha2
04-20-2004, 01:17 PM
Arabella, I forgot your BLUE RIBBON!!!!!

Yowza, indeed!!!! Let's go, :queen: s!!!! We've got a challenge to win!!!!! Huzzah!!!

:cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer:

ceara
04-21-2004, 10:35 AM
Bippity Bump!

Congrats on the 1/2 lb Empress A. :cheer:

After travelling for 5 days with a munch maniac, who not only snacks constantly but eats 3 squares a day....and will be needing surgical intervention for heavens sake, I gained 7 lbs!!!!!!!! :eek: I did resist for a bit, but the constant food and no exercise did me in. However, as I said I'm on the austerity track again. I hope to make my goal which has been wonderfully tabulated for me! Thanks!

Goin' over to the food thread.

Ceara

anagram
04-21-2004, 11:29 AM
Demon Scale and I did battle again this morning. I liked the first number but of course HAD to recheck. Didn't like next two but #s 4 & 5 agreed with #1. So on a 3 out of 5 scoring - DOWN .4 LBS. to a new low for now of 205.6. Now as soon as I eat an extra bite of food, it'll be back up but NONETHELESS, I am reporting a loss of .4 at the midpoint of the sprint to Mayday.

Amarantha2
04-21-2004, 12:44 PM
Yowza!!! We have BLUE RIBBONS at the Elf Podium for the Austere :queen: Ceara (dinna worry, it's just water) and the New Low :queen: Anagramatic (fabulous loss) for their reports!!!! :cp: :cheer: Thou hast both inspired me to go to the gym, which I've been putting off for hours!!! Huzzah!!! Let's all go out there today and win won for the Elf Gipper!!! Ok? Ok!

:cheer:

Amarantha2
04-23-2004, 09:28 AM
The jolly May elves are magically bumping this thread to remind everyone we only have a short time left to go on this sprint!!!!!!!! We must stay the course, report in and remain steady in our dedication to achieving our goals!!!!! RED RIBBONS will be handed out at the elven podium to participants who REPORT IN next week!!!! :write:

Here be the roster!!! We need progress reports next week for everyone or the elves will get mad and run away to the Middle Kingdom, never to be seen again!! :yikes:

Amarantha; goal: 147

Arabella; goal: lose four pounds

Kaylets; goal 157-158

Control of your computer screen will now be returned to you!!! Thanks for listening. :encore:

:balloons:

deleted2
04-23-2004, 12:21 PM
Thanks, Amarantha! I'm so grateful for all the support on all the Queens threads---I feel firmly back in the groove!!! :D

Amarantha2
04-23-2004, 06:20 PM
You are definitely groovy, Eydie!!! You're my inspiration!!! See ya at 135 pounds!!!! (and before, of course)!!!! :)

Amarantha2
04-24-2004, 09:45 AM
SEIZE THE DAY!!!! :jig: :strong: :jig: It's a weekend but let's use this time to make progress in the direction of our goals!!!! Yowza!!!! Huzzah!!! Sis, boom, bah!!! ~ Signed, Jolly May Day Elven :queen: !!!!

Amarantha2
04-25-2004, 09:20 PM
Warning: A ME-ME-ME post! 'Well, thank goodness this site is back up,' selfishly say I, 'because I needed to report that I lost a half pound!!! The Jolly May Elves are awarding ME the first RED RIBBON of the week for reporting in! If anyone else wants a RED RIBBON please, REPORT IN!!! Thankee!' :callme:

More on ME: My Official Weigh-Day for May Day is next Sunday, May 2!!! I would like to propose that we keep this challenge going during that whole week (aka until May 9 or so, thus giving ME (and everyone else) more time to reach their goals! Wouldst all the six participants (roster to follow) be willing to continue to play with the elfies until then?

We would then need TWO more reports from everyone ... almost everyone is reporting in nicely but there've been a few slackers, so let's get sprinting as tra-la, May be upon us!!! :encore:

It be not whether we win or lose the challenge but whether we are REPORTING in!! :s: Report, report, report!!!! Thankee again!

deleted2
04-26-2004, 08:22 AM
Still no change for me. I still have time to lose that one pound before May 1 and I have faith that it'll happen, and then it's down to 130 for me! ;)

Amarantha2
04-26-2004, 11:11 AM
Ok, trying this again!!! :) Here's a big RED RIBBON for Eydie for maintaining and reporting in!!!! Yowza!!!! Eydie, the elves are requesting an extension to the week of May 9 for this challenge (if no one objects), so you have an extra week to lose that pound!!! Dinna starve thyself or anything (I know you're too smart to do that, only being pushy and giving advice again!!!) !!!!

:queen: K hath reported by email that she's DOWN to 157 (which methinks exceeded her goal for this challenge, but I can't see it and am typing fast so the board doesn't die on me again)!!!! So she getteth a RED RIBBON for the loss and reporting!!! Yowza! :cheer:

Have also heard from Anagramatic and Wood Nymph who don't have weigh-ins to report yet, methinks, but they get a RED RIBBON in advance anyhow!!!! :cheer:

Gotta go!!! Later ...

Amarantha2
04-27-2004, 01:44 PM
Can we do the remainder of this challenge by email? Please pm the elves (or me) if any questions as to why! Thx! :callme: