Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Closed Thread

Old 04-04-2001, 08:46 PM   #1  
Bacon Girlie

S/C/G: see signature

Height: 5/4

Angry

Hey...Womaninlove took us over the top! I'm starting this new thread!!!

Good for you, WIL, on your new workout!!!! I'm always on the lookout for "cardio music"! I MUST have music while I work out! I listen to music like Tori Amos and Julianna Hatfield and Bjork...girlie rock like that... but it's not enough for cardio! I listen to techno mostly for working out. Currently, I'm listening to Prodigy "Fat of the Land". I think you should check it out. The music is very fast-paced and full of vigor and it's really awesome too! I don't like the techno/dance music that has a lot of repetition, so I like this a lot.

Sometimes I listen to Tori's "To Venus and Back" which is much more upbeat...also 311 or Beastie Boys...but it's usually this Prodigy CD.

You know, I was thinking that maybe we could change our name for the thread. Something like "Cardio Queens" or "Queens of Cardio" or not to exclude men, "Blood, Sweat and Cardio!" or something.....but, then again maybe we should keep the name like this so it will catch the eyes of people who use these exercises....what do you think? Any suggestions for a name?

When I was inviting Jeannine and a couple other to the thread, I didn't remember the name of the thread!

Anyway, I'd better start studying! Have a great night!

Girlie
Old 04-04-2001, 10:20 PM   #2  
On my way!!

Default New name sounds great!

Hi!

Girlie: I think a new name sounds great! I like Queens of Cardio, although it is nice of you to try to include the guys (then again, the site IS 3 fat CHICKS! ha ha)

Thanks for the music suggestions..."I've never heard "fat of the land" but the name is humorously appropriate for a workout! HA HA! I was actually listening to Beastie Boys "Lincensed to Ill" (remember that one??) and trying to pick some stuff! I also like Connected (Stereo MCs) and Tennesse (arressted development)...can't go wrong with a little "respect" from Aretha, either though! Geez, I'm gonna have to work out longer just so I can hear my favorite tunes!

What does everyone else think about a new thread name/music to sweat by???

womaninlove
Old 04-05-2001, 08:55 AM   #3  

Good Morning everyone!!! I sure hope everyone is doing great today. DEBBIE...HOW DID WEIGH IN GO???? I have exercised every day this week......either walking or doing my 2 mile walk tape. I even did the tape and walked on Tuesday. Tonight I will go for a walk because I babysit a friend's little one on Thursday so I don't have time for the tape...plus I take my DD to dance on Thursdays too. I will just go for my walk while she is in dance. I weigh in on Saturdays at WW. I have lost 32.4 since last June. I have lost 6 pounds in the past 5 week. I am hoping to keep the streak going this week as well. I have a goal to lose 7 pounds by Easter. So far so good. The weather has been great here in MD and Spring is here. It sure motivates you to stay on program and get that exercise in.

HERE IS TO A GREAT THURSDAY WITH LOTS OF EXERCISE!!!! Have good one ladies!!!

Denise
Old 04-05-2001, 11:19 AM   #4  
Back To Lifetime....!!

Hi Everyone - I'm on my way to weigh-in this morning & thought I'd check in here first while I have a minute. Wish me luck

I don't know about changing the threads name you guys - I like it the way it is. I can always find our thread easily and the name of the thread is what brought me here in the first place for all our your support & encouragement. Just my thoughts.... Didn't Rose start the thread originally w/this name? What are her thoughts?

Hope everyone is having a great day! Take Care.
Old 04-05-2001, 11:33 AM   #5  

Good morning everyone!

Nona-Thanks for remembering me! I agree that we should keep the name the same. I know it's a bit long but it's been that way for a year now and it really does say it all. My intention was to draw in all types of exercisers to post here and give support. But there is no rule that says another thread can't be started. We can have this thread and if others would like to do a Cardio Queen thread that's great. I'll still keep this one going though. Once again thanks for keeping me in mind. How did your weigh-in go? Post when you can.

These threads really do roll along. I've been so busy at work that I haven't been able to keep up! It sounds like you are all doing great. Keep up the great work. I don't think I qualify as a "Cardio Queen" yet but hopefully one day soon I will. Gotta get back to work!
Old 04-05-2001, 01:18 PM   #6  

Default Hello

Hello everyone!! Glad to see everyone still going strong and on track. I exercised today and actually I have felt so much better since I started doing it more regularly.

Girlie- I made my graham cracker snack last night. I used honey made low fat cinnamon crackers and put 2 tablespoon of FF coolwhip in the middle put it in the freezer. Boy, was it good.

I have lost another pound so I am happy about that. One pound at a time I suppose.

Hope everyone is having a great day. Take care
Old 04-05-2001, 01:50 PM   #7  
# 3 Fan Forever

Default Excuse Me!

When these thread were started over a year ago BY ROSE ideas for names were suggested. HOWEVER, the final decision came down to the owner, ROSE. Since then, Rose has worked her butt off to keep this thing going. When only 3 of us where posting it was ROSE that kept it alive. No one would start the threads, except Rose. When no one would post for days, there she was posting, trying to get us motivated. Did I make it clear ROSE! Rose is the owner of this thread. She has EARNED it!

WIL ~ you only have a few posts in, so you don’t know the sweat that Rose has put into keeping her baby alive. Let me tell you….she has sweat keeping this alive and the name STAYS!

This is not a point to be argued. It is Rose’s baby and the name stays.

And Girlie ~ I don’t remember Rose giving you permission to take over her thread. If you need to own a thread, go start one, but don’t presume to take over Rose’s! Oh, and it's YEAH! not Yay!

In the words of a friend of mine ~ Nuff Said!

Last edited by NASCAR Woman; 04-05-2001 at 02:08 PM.
Old 04-05-2001, 01:58 PM   #8  

Hi Everyone!!!

Wow! Everyone seems to be doing great.....

Well, I weighed in and gained 0.5 lb. I have to tell you I am frustrated about that. It's been 2 months or so that I have been struggling with this one pound. UGH! I have decided I am going to have to cut out the snacks. I don't go over in points but I think I am snacking too much (6pts or so a day..not good!). I went and threw out the cool whip. I will have to keep away from bananas for awhile..if I have bananas I have to have cool whip so they will both have to be kept away for awhile. I am not giving up but I need to try different things to see what's going to work. I didn't do my machine yesterday. I needed a break from it. Boy do I need that VCR..LOL. I did walk 3.54 miles yesterday so that was good. I will forge ahead & try to break this plateau I'm on even if I have to pound the lbs off....LOL

I'm glad to hear everyone is doing well....Keep up the great work everyone!!

Emmy congrats on your 1 lb loss. One pound at a time & you will get to your goal

Nona, update with your weigh in when you get a chance....

Take care everyone & have a great day!!
Debbie
Old 04-05-2001, 04:26 PM   #9  

NASCAR Woman-It's great to see you. How've you been?
Old 04-05-2001, 04:27 PM   #10  

Default Thanks

Thanks for congratulating me on my one pound Deb. Slowly but surely I will get there. I was checking out ebay today and they have several of the 123 mile leslie sansone tapes up for auction. I just type in her name and they come up. I don't know if you buy things from ebay but I thought I would let you know. Also on amazon I think you can get her on dvd's. Just in case you are interested. I bet you will be glad to get your vcr back. Don't let that .5 pound get you down. Keep working at it eventually it will come off. We can do this!!

Everyone else I hope you are doing well. See ya.
Old 04-05-2001, 04:42 PM   #11  
# 3 Fan Forever

I'm fine, Rose! A little miffed that someone would try and take over your thread. How have you been?
Old 04-05-2001, 05:00 PM   #12  

Thanks Emmy for the encouragement I will have to check ebay again. Last time I checked they had a lot of the walking for entire family tapes listed. I'll check amazon too because we got a DVD Player for christmas. If I can find one on DVD that will be great!

Hope everyone is having a good day...
Debbie
Old 04-05-2001, 05:41 PM   #13  
# 3 Fan Forever

Rose ~ check out my new logo!
Old 04-05-2001, 05:54 PM   #14  

NASCAR Woman-That is so cool. How did you do that? I've been wondering how to post little pictures. Also what happened to the smilies legend? I can't find it.
Old 04-05-2001, 06:05 PM   #15  
# 3 Fan Forever

I did it under profile. I uploaded it from my computer and they are hosting it so it should always be there. Who knows though. You do it under profiles. At the bottom ~ Avatar I think it is. You can choose one of theirs or link your own.

Hey ~ with my old ID and this one I have over 1110 total posts. Now that's scary!

Last edited by NASCAR Woman; 04-05-2001 at 06:11 PM.
Closed Thread