PCOS/Insulin Resistance Support Support for us with any of the following: Insulin Resistance, Syndrome X, Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome, or other endocrine disorders.

Old 04-05-2004, 08:25 AM   #1  

Default PCOS and BAD Nails?

Hello! My first post on the message boards.... I was diagnosed with PCOS 7 years ago. Through the years, my nails have been so-so to their current state of horrible. I take a daily vitamin (and I'm also on spironolactone, glucophage, and birth control pills), yet currently every one of my nails is either severly pealing or split in some way.

Does anyone know if this is a PCOS thing and/or have any suggestions on what I might try to get them healthy again?

Thank you, thank you!
fat2fit4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2004, 06:11 PM   #2  
Swimming Mouse

Default Me too!

Wow. i have really bad nails too, but I figured it was because i bit them all the time. However, even when I've tried to stop, it hasn't helped: they still all peel off even with nail polish and excessive efforts to keep them out of my mouth.
Anonymouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2004, 11:17 PM   #3  
Rattie Lover

I have bad nails too...Heck my friggin toenail fell right off!! What I started to do was take biotin. Suppose to be very good for nail growth and strength and so far so good...my nail is growing back in all nice and pretty. For now.. **Knocks on wood**. I also heard KNOX gelatin is good for nails but haven't tried it yet. I'll do some research on this topic and get back to ya...heck I might find something that can help the biotin.
Noodles913 is offline   Reply With Quote