Old 04-03-2004, 11:23 PM   #1  
Look at me go ;)

Question Holy Cow!

Ok, I am using Fitday like a lot of you and I just put in all my info. for today. I can not BELIEVE how much fat I ate! I am going to keep the faith in Atkins, but I am just curious as to wether or not my numbers are ok. I know the fat is pretty high because I ate at Mickey D's today (just cheese n meat ) but WOW.

Calories are 2213 ( I know I am not supposed to worry about them though )

Protein: 244 grams

Fat: 124 grams

Carbs: 17 grams

I just couldn't believe how much fat I ate, and what's really scary is how much I must have been eating BEFORE I started Atkins!
Cinnymamma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2004, 10:47 AM   #2  
Baby Steps

I'm not sure how the ratios are supposed to be. I very rarely use fitday (um. I very rarely keep track of what I eat unless I need to realise I'm supposed to be on induction yet ). I'm sure someone that knows about this stuff can tell you!
lady_adnerb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2004, 11:44 AM   #3  

Height: 5' 6"

Yup if you think thats bad put in numbers of what you ate before starting Atkins. I ate large amounts of fat when starting too but my numbers have fallen into a normal ratio now. Don't stress yourself out over it.. your appetite will shrink! Eat until you are no longer hungry, that is the main key. Since on limited carbs I also ate/eat much more meat.. I used to be able to eat half a beef roast imagine how those fat numbers looked! I am about down to 1/4 beef roast now But the point is .. My apetite IS shrinking and so is my tummy and so will yours!
Trazzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2004, 12:51 PM   #4  
Look at me go ;)

Ok, whew, just need some reassurance. I feel so gross now that I see it on paper and think about how much I must have eaten before! Talk about your motivator!
Old 04-04-2004, 02:28 PM   #5  
Baby Steps

Isn't life full of surprises?? Welcome to the new generation of healthy people Boy that sounds cool! lol
lady_adnerb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2004, 07:14 PM   #6  
Card Carrying Princess

S/C/G: 225/197/150

Don't panic yet - check your ratios - should be around 65% fat, 30% protein and 5% carbs!

Good luck!

Froufy
Froufy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2004, 11:50 PM   #7  
Look at me go ;)

My protein is higher than my fat but my carbs are pretty low.