Closed Thread

Old 03-30-2004, 07:57 PM   #1  

Default Poll: who eats more nuts than they should?

...and are you losing weight in spite of that?

(I think nuts are becoming another snafu in my SBD program )
Old 03-31-2004, 01:40 AM   #2  
kpw

<raises hand>. When I have a snack and it happens to be nuts (probably 4-5 times a week), it's usually about twice the amount. My goals on SBD are pretty modest - 12 lbs total, and a change in eating habits. I've been happy with the loss thus far and am really glad I've changed my eating habits (6 weeks and 7 lbs down). I figure if I need a snack and nuts are the only thing handy it's better than a bag of chips or crackers. I don't worry about it too much. If I were eating nuts all day long, then that would be a diet buster. String cheese usually does the trick for me too if I'm hungry between meals. One or two sticks just thwarts the cravings and I'm good until my next meal. A large handful of nuts does the same. Also, If I've had a nut snack, I don't worry if I have nuts in one of my other meals. That's just me though. If you think it's hampering your diet, stick to the plan. I know that will actually work-
Old 03-31-2004, 07:19 AM   #3  

Height: 5'-2"

Oh, yeah! I was eating WAY too many pistachios! I'd eat an entire string bag of them in one day. But now I'm SICK of them, and don't eat ANY!
Old 03-31-2004, 12:26 PM   #4  
BeachBuddie

Lightbulb

I didn't realize until after I had worked my way thru a 10 oz can of cashews and had started on another can of mixed nuts, that they were supposed to be limited. My stomach felt like it had gravel in it and I didn't loose anything.
Old 04-01-2004, 01:45 PM   #5  
Pending Email Confirmation

I did the same thing as ellis only it was almonds. I ate waaaaaaaaaay too many of them and now the thought of them makes me cringe. It's hard to stick to 15. I was eating more like 30 or 45! And I agree with the gravel thing. It's kinda like having a nice exfoliant for your intestines.
Old 04-02-2004, 07:54 PM   #6  

Last night I got started on the pistachios and before I knew it, I had finished a freshly opened bag. Good news is that nuts are better than chocolate!!! Anyway, to atone (perhaps more psychologically than physically), I'm staying away from nuts for a few days. I figured I ate enough on Thursday to equal two-three additional days worth!
Old 04-09-2004, 07:58 AM   #7  
Jesus freak

When I open a can, I put 16 cashews in snack baggies and bag them all up. This has really helped me, because if I just open it and take a handful, I will keep eating them. I always keep 2 baggies of cashews in my purse, and I really believe the trick (for me) is to eat one of them BEFORE I get hungry.
Old 04-09-2004, 03:11 PM   #8  

I'm with Blitz. I buy a few different kinds of nuts, mix them together, and then bag them all up. I use a 1/3 measuring cup and away I go. The I take one to work and don't have any choice but to stop when they're gone. Otherwise I would eat a lot more without knowing it. I try to never eat them from the can they come in.
Closed Thread