South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 03-29-2004, 06:09 AM   #1  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Default Moanless Monday Chat - March 29

In like a lamb and out like a lamb! Another warmish and sunny day is unfolding out there. It's definitely Spring! (I know that's the encore smilie but I like it as she's buried in flowers. Humour me 'cuz I'm old. )

I worked in a bit of raking yesterday and uncovered some tulips and daffies that are on their way to bloomage. My shoulder did NOT bother me at all, either then or this morning. I must remember to pace myself so it doesn't flare up.

OMG! Two birds are "doing it" on the wire outside the bedroom window! I bet you needed to know that! It sure is Spring!

Coffee, Canadian bacon and eggs will be served on the deck in ten minutes. Dress warmly but it IS sunny!

Have a super moanless Monday!
Old 03-29-2004, 06:19 AM   #2  
I vant to draw your blood

Good morning, Chicklets--

Need to get this posted before dh boots me off the computer so he can play spades for half an hour before work. Ugh!

Not much going on here. My sunburn itches...and I'm thinking those hot packs my therapist slaps on my back won't exactly feel wonderful this afternoon.

Went out to the car yesterday and everything is covered in yellowy-green pollen. The pine trees and dogwoods are at it once more. Yup, it's spring, all right.

My scale is still stuck, despite a weekend of forgetting to eat for the most part. Don't know what that's all about, but I'm feeling great, so I won't worry too much.

You all have a great day.

Mamacita
Old 03-29-2004, 06:40 AM   #3  

Good morning everybody. It's chilly here this morning, but sunny, and temps are supposed to rise into the 60's. The reticulated iris are blooming like mad, but I tucked them so far back, they're hard to see. Gotta move 'em.

I need to go grocery shopping today and then maybe find an outfit that fits a little better than what I've got around here. Baggy, baggy. I love it!

Hope everybody feels great today. Jo
Old 03-29-2004, 06:43 AM   #4  

Height: 5'-2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mamacita
Need to get this posted before dh boots me off the computer so he can play spades for half an hour before work.
Talk about obsession, Mamacita!

Ruth, yesterday was BEAUTIFUL! I got some yard work done, and set up my hammock. Now if I can just find time to use it...

I'm on my way to see my psychi and then my trainer. And by then, the kids will be home from school! My day is SHOT! (oops! Sorry... no moaning.)

Have a wonderful day, chickies... stay OP!!
Old 03-29-2004, 06:44 AM   #5  

Height: 5'-2"

Hi, Penny! Congratulations on the baggy clothes!
Old 03-29-2004, 06:51 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Good morning. It's a bright, sunny morning but I think it's supposed to be chilly today. DH and I worked on our new flower beds most of yesterday, and I noticed my daffodils are ready to burst into bloom any time now.

Ruth, are you sure on that offer for breakfast? Sounds good.

Mamacita, my scale has been stuck, too. But after cheating a bit Sat. nite I shouldn't complain.

Pennywise, I'll see you at the grocery store! That's where I'm headed right after I take my car in for an oil change. With all the new spring clothes in the stores I'm tempted to go shopping, too, but I'm going to try to hold off a little longer.

Well, I'm off the garage. It's Monday, so let's start the week OP and optimistic!
Old 03-29-2004, 06:51 AM   #7  
Ready to Change

S/C/G: 170/160/125

Height: 5 ft

Morning chickies the sun is shinning here and all is wonderful. I had a very busy week-end so I had no time to post. All this talk about gardening/yard work makes me wish the snow would melt a little faster so I could get my rake out. Well have a great day.
Old 03-29-2004, 06:54 AM   #8  

Good morning chickies!

The scale gave me good news this morning so I am in a GOOD mood, despite needing to be at the dentist in less than an hour for a cleaning. Spring is starting here too! Yesterday was gorgeous, I think we must have been in the mid 50s. Weather channel has us down for a high of 47 today. Tomorrow I head for Salt Lake City which is supposed to be 71!!!!!!! WAHOOOOOOOO!!

I did some power shopping yesterday, but was quite proud of my frugality. My one dressy dress that I want to take on my trip is a size too big (YEAH!). But I really didn't want to spend over $100 of my trip money on a new dress. I found one of those thingies you can use to cinch jackets/blouses/dresses in the back!! I didn't think they made those things anymore...now I have a "new" dress for less than $6!

Enjoy the day everyone!!!
Old 03-29-2004, 07:04 AM   #9  

Good Morning!!!

Yesterday it was in the upper 70's, soooooo nice!! Today's high might be 50. I just love our weather!

I hope everyone has a wonderful OP day!!! I have lots planned for this morning but I'll check back in this afternoon.

xoxooxoxoxoxoxo
Traci
Old 03-29-2004, 08:14 AM   #10  

hi all
just a quickie, haven't been around much my aunt passed away on friday a.m. so i have been busy with family and comfort food. will check in later.
Old 03-29-2004, 08:31 AM   #11  
Goddess In Her Mind

S/C/G: 215/215/150

Default Good Morning All! So Far So Good on Day One!

Good morning everyone! So I'm ready to go! I went grocery shopping yesterday and dumped all the bad food in the frig. I also braved the scale AND the measuring tape. WOW! That really reinforced my motivation. I got up early and went for a walk (not at all a usual thing for me) and I feel so much better this morning than usual. I actually started on the diet yesterday but today was my goal start date.

One question: Could someone tell me about sugar alcohol? I found it in a lot of the new low-carb foods and am wondering if it's allowable on the diet. Is this something I should be thanking a higher power for or running scared from?

Thanks. I really appreciate the support this forum offers and look forward to sharing in everyone's progress.
Old 03-29-2004, 08:45 AM   #12  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Happy Day 1, Imarah ! Here's some info on sugar alcohol.

http://www.ynhh.org/online/nutrition...r_alcohol.html

Note that it can cause digestive problems. It also can stall weightloss in some cases.
Old 03-29-2004, 08:57 AM   #13  
I got Madonna tickets!

Good morning, everyone!

Yes, spring has sprung in Oh Canada! It's about time, too!

It sounds like everyone has bee busy, and possessed maybe with a little spring fever...I feel it, too.

I dropped the pound I gained, but nothing else, so I am really going to try and watch what I eat this week...it's frustrating, this stupid plateau. But, I can't complain (well I cannnn, but I shouldn't!)...

Went for a long walk around the neighborhood yesterday and looked at some beautiful open houses...I love open houses, it's a total sickness. We just bought a condo last year, so we aren't looking to move, but I love to look!

Have a good day ladies!

--Dynagrrl.
Old 03-29-2004, 10:49 AM   #14  
Professional dieter

S/C/G: 250/232/130

Height: 5'3"

Morning ladies! Just popping in to say hi and tell you I won't be around this week. Dh and I leave sometime today to go down to Gatlinburg, TN for a week vacation to celebrate my b-day and our anniv. and to visit relatives. Depending on what we're doing, I may check-in from down there! Have a great OP week everyone!
Old 03-29-2004, 11:18 AM   #15  

Just jodi - sorry to hear about your aunt. Good that you checked in despite what is going on.

Imarah - Day one for me was three weeks ago today. One bit of advice is keep hangin' here with the Fat Chicks on the Beach -- it keeps me on program when I see that others are doing it too (and surviving). I have lost six pounds so far. You can do it! Personally, I find that the "low carb" processed foods are not that tasty and have a lot of questionable stuff in them. I find it best to seek out fresh veggies to go with the lean meats.

I would mention that it was over 90 here in Los Angeles over the weekend, but I fear that some of our chilly Canadian chicks would start throwing things at me.

Off to another hectic, but OP week.
Closed Thread