Weight Loss Surgery If you've had it, or are considering it, share your discussions here

Old 03-25-2004, 11:32 PM   #1  

Default Hair loss

Although it hasn't happened yet, I got my hair cut yesterday and the beautician said she has alot of clients that have had gastric bypass surgery. She recommeded a product called Alterna Life Restore for thinning hair 3 products Shampoo, conditioner and Scalp & Follicle Extra Strength Serum for thinning hair. Anyway she told me the client's that used the products have had no hair loss and the few that didn't look like chemo patients.
Has anyone used or heard of this? I figured I have nothing to loose but my hair as it is thin already and I have a 2 month window in prevention. I have only heard of the Nixion ? Your comments will be appreciated
Karen
smtown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2004, 12:30 AM   #2  

Smtown- i have read that hair thining is a problem. But if you eat your protien it is not that great of hair loss, and it grows back. I am 4 months out of surgery and have not had any hair loss at this time. I did not use any special soap or anything.

But who knows maybe it will start thining tommorrow
Ditzy Blonde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2004, 10:32 PM   #3  

Thanks, I've been able to get in 80 - 110 grams of protein and have no problem with liquids as long as they are warm, but I have thin hair to begin with and am stressed over the posibility.
smtown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2004, 04:13 PM   #4  

Hey Karen!

I have heard of the nioxin, but not the other hair products that you mentioned. I was bracing for the day that my hair would fall out but it never came. My hairdresser checked everytime I went and she said my hair was heathier now than before. I faithfully take my vitamins and try to get my protein in. All and all I am most likely eating healthier now than before.

If your finger nails give you a problem....I use a product called Nail Tech that seems to work very well.

peach
peach pit is offline   Reply With Quote