South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 03-10-2004, 07:49 AM   #1  
I vant to draw your blood

Default For Those who Asked for it...Spinach Chicken Breast recipe

Tarragon Spinach Stuffed Chicken Breasts with Lemon Sauce.

4 boneless, skinless half breasts, butterflied and pounded to 3/8” thickness

2 C wilted spinach. (I use frozen spinach that’s been thawed and I squeeze as much liquid out as possible)

2 slices proscuitto

1 tsp. Dried tarragon

2 green onions, sliced thin, white and a little of the green only

4 heaping Tablespoons grated parmesan cheese

Juice of half a small lemon

Cut proscuitto slices in half crosswise and lay a piece on each of the 4 chicken breasts.

In a medium mixing bowl, combine spinach, tarragon, green onions, cheese and lemon juice. Divide into four equal portions and mound on each chicken breast. Fold chicken breast meat over spinach and put smooth side up in a baking dish.

Bake for 45 minutes in a 400* oven, covered until the last 15 minutes of cooking.

15 minutes before chicken is done, make sauce

For the lemon sauce, I used the Mock Hollandaise sauce (double the recipe) in the SBD book, but omitted the Dijon mustard and red pepper and used 1 Tablespoon of lemon juice.

When chicken is done, plate, and spoon sauce over the top. Serve with Vegetable Brown and Wild Rice Pilaf.

Vegetable Brown and Wild Rice Pilaf

1 C. brown and wild rice mixture.

1 small carrot, shredded

2 ribs celery, diced

2 green onions, sliced

2 packets G. Washington Golden Broth Mix

2 C. Water

Saute rice in 1 T. canola oil til bubbly. Add veggies and sauté some more til veggies are sweating.

Add Broth mix and water, stir and bring to boil. Cover with a tight lid and lower heat to simmer until all moisture is absorbed and rice is tender. (Approx. ˝ hour to 45 minutes)

Allow to sit for 15 minutes off heat, then fluff with fork before serving.
Old 03-10-2004, 08:18 AM   #2  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Wow! After everyone has seen this, I'll move it to Recipes for future reference. Thanks for sharing it, Mamacita.
Old 03-10-2004, 08:55 AM   #3  

mmm this does look good. I will give it a try. Thanks! Pencil Lead Chicken...
Old 03-10-2004, 02:08 PM   #4  
A Lily from my yard!

If your not big on cookin like me Sam's has these as well already fixed ready to go minus the lemon sauce. They were one of the samples on Sat. when dh and I were in there and we bought some. 4 of them for about 8 dollars. My family does not eat this stuff so it is just as cheap for me to buy it done up already.
Old 03-10-2004, 10:01 PM   #5  
I vant to draw your blood

Hmmm...I'm sure that Sam's has some stuffed chicken breasts, but I would have serious doubts that they are the exact same thing.

If you do buy, be a smart Chick, and make sure to read the ingredient list carefully. Quite often they put all sorts of gunky stuff in there, like white flour, sugar, cornstarch, etc...blech!

Cheers!

Mamacita
Old 03-11-2004, 12:00 AM   #6  
A Lily from my yard!

Yea I am a big label reader. Especially since the box said 2 grams total carbs per serving. No I'm sure it is not the same as home made it never is. It's just I would never make anything like that but would buy it frozen every now and then for something different. It is stuffed with spinach, parmesan cheese and pine nuts. Which I could do without since I don't like nuts. Maybe I'll make your lemon sauce and pour over it.
Closed Thread