Carb Counters - Curves

View Full Version : Curves

BizzyLizzy
03-09-2004, 11:47 AM
I've heard of Curves, but not sure exactly what the program is. I just discovered there's one nearby my job which would enable me to go during my lunch hour. If anyone has any input, I'd really appreciate it. I'd rather hear it from others, rather than going there and getting a :censored: sales pitch.

Tummy Girl
03-09-2004, 12:00 PM
I've been to one up here a few times but each one is independently owned so there can be major differences but...it's a 30 minute workout where you alternate stations doing 30 sec. or so at each station (correct me if I'm wrong ladies, it's been awhile) then you switch to a platform where you walk in place for thirty sec. then move to another machine and so on. It's all done in a circle and mine has no mirrors although I'm not sure if that's standard. Then there's a warm up/cool down section off to the side. The weight stations use resistance rather than weights so there's less joint impact on a person who does not know proper form yet. The program is 30 minutes 3x a week max. I was kicked out when I tried to come in an extra day (nicely kicked out mind you) so I don't go anymore b/c I like to workout 5 days a week. However, all curves may not be the same. Here's the site address, they have pics of curves gym too. Curves (http://www.curvesinternational.com/) Hope this long winded tale helps :?:

Tummy

Spedmom
03-09-2004, 02:33 PM
I checked out the Curves here, but it was housed in such a depressing little storefront, the "program" seems so limited, and the hours are not good for me (I'm a morning person). I wanted something that, like Tummy, allowed me a bit more freedom in my program.