Chicks in Control Overeating? Binging? Share uplifting support and gain control!

Closed Thread

Old 02-21-2004, 07:17 AM   #1  
Searching

Lightbulb We need the Weekend to Relax- 21st and 22nd of Feb

GOOD MORNING BEAUTIFUL LADIES!!!!!

I really purged this morning in my journal so ya'll get ing Chris!

I think this weekend we need a strong theme of doing at least one thing everyday to be extra nice for ourselves. I bought myself flowers yesterday, am mix of roses and daisies(I think their daisies anyway ) They are so fragrant and lovely and make me think that HP loves every single one of us. How do I know? Why would there be such beautiful and fragrant things in the world then?

We finished reading Step 4 in the 12 and 12 at meeting last night. THANK GOODNESS! I know someday I will get there, but right now it looks awful scary Aren't you on step 4 Kat?

Kat- I am glad DH is feeling better, a little more TLC and he should be good as new Easy on the weekend workouts

Jenelle- Okay still waiting to find out whats with you?

Angi- Just enjoy Elijah as he is today there will be plenty of time for report cards Sometimes I just want to shrink Bastian back into the sweet little baby he was. Big decisions in the future, here's some prayers to help

Christy- Uncooperative parents? Do you need me to talk to them I sent my son's grade reports back with my email adress REALLY BIG written on EACH one. So far I have recieved a couple of e-mail and for that I am greatful. Bastian is grounded for the time being (always feels like more of a punishment for me ) I told him to get into monk mode: eating, sleeping, praying, and studying those are his life!

I think I am going to wash my face, look around a bit and hit the 0830 meeting. Have a great day ladies! BBL!

Much love!
Miss Chris
Old 02-21-2004, 08:54 AM   #2  
Searching

Talking Share my flowers with all of you!

:d
Old 02-21-2004, 11:12 AM   #3  

Default Good morning!

I was going to see if there was a morning online OA meeting soon but the chat room looks weird. I wonder if we need to download something to get it to work properly now that DH has the computer up and running again.

Chris: Beautiful flowers! OK, the nice thing I am doing for myself today is getting my nails filled and a pedicure. Plus hanging out with my friends is lots of fun, too.

Yes, I am on Step 4. I will be for a long, long while (I think I started it in late November). My sponsor says there are 12 parts she's going to give me and I am still on part 1.

OK, where is everyone? It's Pacific time for me, so most of you should be up all ready.

Have a great day!!!
Old 02-21-2004, 12:16 PM   #4  

Hmm. I'm having a back problem and I am no longer PMSed, so I'm just thankful it's Saturday! Dan has pretty much taken over. I'm sitting in a chair with a heating pad on my back, all slathered with "Blue Stuff." Elijah is playing in the floor and i'm running interferance (he really wants the cord to this laptop!) but mostly he's entertaining himself. Dan got him fed and dressed. I am so blessed!

One thing I need to do for myself today is get to an online meeting. I think another thing I might do for myself is read some of a book that I bought for the plane ride to Korea (October!). I haven't picked it up since. It's John Irving and I hadn't really gotten into yet. It seems so decadent to read a book for pleasure - but I'm just sitting here, letting TV rot my mind, so why not?
Old 02-21-2004, 01:38 PM   #5  

Hi!

I feel like I've been running around all morning and now I'm ready to crash. I'm not sure why either. We got up on time and had plenty of time to get ready and head out to big girl's b-ball games, but were still late. Then there was some family drama -- not with our little foursome, but immediate family nonetheless. I need to get groceries, but I've decided to relax and watch a movie and get myself together beforehand. (Of course, I have the attention span of a fruit fly when it comes to watching anything, so we'll see how that works out! )

Kat -- Glad your husband is doing better! Enjoy having your nails done. Nothing like lovely nails to make you feel all girly.

Chris -- Monk mode... I like that! Glad you're getting some feedback from his teachers already.

Thanks for offering to take care of my uncooperative parents. Normally I take things like this in stride...it comes with the territory, ya know. But this year I have one who is particularly persistent because, according to her at least, her child is particularly perfect and I just fail to see that. Plus I expect said child to be responsible for materials, work, etc. Unrealistic and harsh, I know.

Jennelle -- Glad you popped in! Have a great weekend!

Angi -- Did you hurt your back or is it related to the fibro? Hope your feeling better soon! It's nice to sit back and let the DH take care of things once in awhile isn't it?

Ellis -- Where are you, girl?

Chris, did you say your son's name was Bastian? LOVE that! Very unusual and distinguished (not the word I want...mind blank!). Is that a family name or just one you liked?

Hmmm...what am I doing nice for me today? Vegging in front of a movies for as long as I can stand it and, later, a big bubble bath.

Talk later,
Christy
Old 02-21-2004, 07:09 PM   #6  
WW on-line since 1/1/2009

S/C/G: see ticker

Height: 5'5"

Christy - I had to laugh at your description of the Parent From ****. Every teacher has one. I had one this year ask for a meeting then proceed to YELL at me without letting me get a word in edgewise. I finally got to say, "Look. I am a professional teacher..." when she interrupted me with "well then act like one!" I walked out of the room. I refuse to be treated like s**t. Apparently, it did the trick, because she hasn't created a scene like that again, even when I had to send a note home letting her know that her normally sweet and well-behaved daughter was beginning to cop an attitude. to you! There are so few people in this world who realize how hard being a teacher really can be.

Chris - LOVE the term "monk mode"! I will use it the next time my son gets grounded for a bad report card. And I am actually fine...just a little stressed last week. I made it, with the help of you guys and my sponsor and my HP.
Old 02-22-2004, 01:40 AM   #7  
Searching

Angry Well I hope we are being so quiet cause we are enjoying our families.

Okay where is ELLIS Busy thumbing her nose at me stuffing Bridge mix in? ELLIS NOBODY CARES WHAT YOUR EATING! WE JUST WANT TO KNOW YOUR ALIVE

Jenelle and Christy- Both of ya'll need gold medals for putting up with other people's kids in my book. I wouldn't last long with the kids or the parents! The first time I brought the whips and chains they would probably kick me out Plus my Dad was telling me about all the new laws ya'll have to put up with every year, he said ,"By the time the lawyers get done with the school system there isn't going to be any point in making little Johnny come. We will just have to accept that he is illiterate as a lifestyle choice." What the heck is happening in this country? We want to be competitive on world markets but a child's right to privacy and his parents thinking he is already perfect is going to ruin it all.

And yes my son is Sebastian, named after the boy in "The Neverending Story" by Michael Ende. My DH and I both choose our favorite things from our childhood, and that was his favorite book for a boy's name. If Bastian would have been a girl he would have been named "Aurora Grace" after "Sleeping Beauty". There's something really appealing about taking a nap and having your life turn out perfect Fairy tales end where they do because no one wants to hear about the Prince's inability to pick up his socks or keep the toliet lid down, or how the Princess was eating 10 lbs. of chocolate in a day to keep herself from killing him I am not cynical, I am just drawn that way

Angi- Did you get to a meeting? Get your book read? I hope you start to feel better lady.

Kat-Take your time girl Step 4 is heavy stuff! So lets see your pretty nails Do you read Lifeline? I just read one the otherday about someone who's DH gently tells her when she is not working her program 100%. I thought, and she doesn't kill him Then my DH did it to me today and I didn't kill him, but I had to leave the room. AND I ACTUALLY THOUGHT ABOUT MY BEHAVIOR Needless to say I got over myself.

By the way if any of you would like a back issue of Lifeline to check it out send me you address and I will send you one I am done with. I just bought a 2 year subscription (prescription more likely ) and I find it to be the mini-meeting on the go.

Much love to all! I will probably post again, before ya'll wake up and then again maybe not
Miss Chris
Old 02-22-2004, 11:25 AM   #8  
WW on-line since 1/1/2009

S/C/G: see ticker

Height: 5'5"

Okay...maybe "pissy" isn't the word I'm looking for. Maybe more like "self-righteous." Whatever the word, I'm feeling a little ugly and annoyed with people this morning.

Now that I'm following the tenents of OA, I don't post to many other places on this board. I even stopped lurking for a while because I wasn't strong enough to read about other people's success without spiraling into a depression and wanting to head for the nearest "quick fix." Today, I finally felt strong enough to visit some of my old haunts to lurk - and maybe even post. As I read, though, I got more and more frustrated at the common thread: "I blew it today" or "I'm trying the new South Beach Atkins Cabbage approach" or "I just HAVE to be xxx lbs. by tomorrow!"

Ugh. I just wanted to beat them all over the heads. Don't they know what this is all about? Don't they realize that 99% of them are COE, and THAT'S why diets aren't working for them? Don't they get tired of listening to themselves whine?

And then I realized that I AM them. Or, I WAS them, anyway. I remember what being stuck on that hamster wheel from **** felt like. I know how desperate I was. I also know how awful it felt to have people look at me and say things like, "Just don't eat it" and then have them look at me like I was the biggest loser in the world when I said, "It's not that easy...you don't understand."

This is my prayer for today: God, help me to be empathetic and understanding. Remind me that I have, in fact, walked a mile in those shoes. Help me to remember what those shoes felt like. Help me to remember that I am not perfect, nor will I ever be perfect. Help me to stick to cleaning my own side of the street.

Jennelle
Abstinent Since December 21, 2003
Old 02-22-2004, 01:33 PM   #9  

Height: 5'-2"

Sorry, Chris... I'm here! I'm rushing around... my friend came over this morning to help me work on the apartment, then I took a nap, and I'm shortly going over to pick him up to take him shopping for his new kitchen cabinets. (he's a die-hard city-man. Got rid of his jeep years ago, and all he's got now is three bicycles and a kayak.)

I just skimmed through your posts quickly... so glad to see you're all doing nice things for yourself! I'm going to do something nice for myself this coming week. I'm going to book a LOT of time for myself. ALONE! I've been doing a lot of necessary socializing lately, and haven't given myself any "me-time", and I'm "making up for it" by eating all the wrong things.

Forgive me for rushing... I love you all... God bless each one of you... back later...
Old 02-22-2004, 04:04 PM   #10  

Default Hola...

Hiya all,

Last night was fun. DH and I had a movie night with friends. Had a wee bit of a hangover this morning.

Just got back from my faithful diner - brunch with DH and a friend. Now I'm just doing laundry, hanging out online, and reading my book. Relaxing!

Angi: Hope your back is feeling better. DH's is still bothering him.

Christy: Did you have a relaxing bubble bath?

Chris: Yes, I get Lifeline. I take it to work and pull it out if I need some inspiration or when I take lunch alone. I also have the Sampler, which is huge and very much worth the $.

If my mom had a second daughter she would have named her Aurora. And my fourth niece is being born in June - they plan to name her Grace.

Jennelle: Yes, it can be tough reading about other people's struggles. I just try to set a good example and share my ESH when asked.

Ellis: Good to see you!

OK, off to read a bit...
Old 02-22-2004, 07:33 PM   #11  

Default Feelin' groggy...

DH and I felt like a nap after a late lunch today. We headed upstairs and cuddled up on the bed...only to awaken over THREE hours later! That was a nap out of control around these parts. So now I'm groggy and we've missed the youth meeting at church. But I figure I must've needed the rest or I would never have slept that long during the day! I was dimly aware of the DDs sneaking in to check on us several times because this was so out of character for us. (I imagine you can see what I did for me today, huh?)

Chris -- Sebastian...what a great name! I love Aurora Grace, too. Too funny how you explained the fairy tale endings.

My girls both have really old fashioned names -- Rebecca and Elizabeth. NO nicknames! I was adamant that if I gave them those beautiful, classic names they would NOT be shortened to Becky and Beth or some other variation. This has been real popular with the outlaws...I mean in-laws.

Ellis -- So, I'll bet my nap was longer than yours! Did you and your stress-free friend have a great time shopping? When will your tenant be moving in?

Jennelle -- Hope your mood improves, dear! Congrats on maintaining your sugar-free abstinence through all of the stress you're under right now.

Kat -- I had a fabulous bubble bath! Gotta love my big Jacuzzi tub...but it's murder on the water bill. Sounds like you maybe had a bit too much fun last night. Feeling better now, I hope? Is your new office working out well?

I must stagger off and get things together for school tomorrow. As soon as I shake the cobwebs out, that is!

Have a great evening, all!

Love ya,
Christy
Old 02-22-2004, 07:44 PM   #12  

LOL, Christy - it was a fun night! But I was rather tame compared to a couple of my friends. I was just dehydrated this morning with a minor headache that Advil took care of.

It sounds like you needed the nap! I've never been good at taking naps. Wish I was.

Still just bumming around the internet and reading. Did 2 loads of laundry - that's the most work I am willing to do today.
Old 02-22-2004, 08:57 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 200/189/165

Height: 5 ft 1 inch

Hi ladies,
I joined you once a while back but I need to come back to the group. Was doing fine until I binged last week.

More later.
Old 02-22-2004, 09:02 PM   #14  

Welcome back, Ceejay!
Closed Thread