South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 02-18-2004, 04:24 AM   #1  

Default Wednesday chat

Hello everyone.
Well I am in a much better mood today. My clothes are feeling looser and I am sure I have lost a bit more (checking at end of month). Yippee!

Off for coffee and breakfast now, and a flick through of one of my nine (count them......nine!) new books.
Old 02-18-2004, 06:28 AM   #2  

Morning Clovey! Morning to all the gals yet to post!!

I've been having trouble sleeping lately, not sure why. I used to read alot too Clovely. Maybe I should find a good book to read and relax before bed?

Ahhhh, school is back on regular schedule today!!! (I hope that doesnt seem horrible of me!!) After I drop my son off at school, I'm heading to the YMCA for my Ramping class then I'm planning on doing some strength training. (It's that TOM and I dont feel like I have any energy but I'm still going to give it a shot!)

I hope everyone has an OP day!!!!!!

Traci
Old 02-18-2004, 07:18 AM   #3  

Height: 5'-2"

Clovey, I'm glad you're feeling better today. Your brother is an idiot. Cut him off.

Traci, me too re: TOM.
We always read in bed... it's the only way I can get to sleep at night.

Jennie, I'll be saying prayers for your DH and his job.

Den... hope DS2 has a good time today!! Did you have your nervous breakdown yesterday? You should have held off until after the birthday buffet.

I THINK I'm going to the Y this morning. Waiting for my mother to call. No comments, Ruth.

love and hugs to all...
Old 02-18-2004, 07:23 AM   #4  

Oh... and Little Chick... you and your husband are gorgeous!! You skinny little thing, you!
Old 02-18-2004, 07:45 AM   #5  
Ready to Change

S/C/G: 170/160/125

Height: 5 ft

Ellis have I told you lately that I love you.
Old 02-18-2004, 08:22 AM   #6  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Quick fly-by on my chunky chicken wings! It's dump pick-up day and I forgot until now! Back in a bit once I've schlepped recyclables and real garbage out to the road.
Gorgoeus looking day out there this morning!
Old 02-18-2004, 08:38 AM   #7  

morning everyone!!
nice to see everyone up so bright and early. had a nice evening last night my dd(14yo) lindsey made her confirmation at church last night (we're catholic) she (my hopeless tom girl) had a small shoe crisis just before we had to leave the house last night which caused us to be 15 minutes late getting there, because i refused to allow her to go into church with red eyes and sobbing. the shoes that she assured me the night before would be perfect were actually a little too big with panty hose on and this turned into a tearful rush to find another pair of shoes in the house etc etc etc (i just don't understand teenage girls!!! i was one but you know i just don't get it
after the ceremony we came back to our house (the whole family and a few friends) for dessert, i was sure to get things i could take or leave so i was able to leave the cookies alone easy enough and just had coffe while we visited. i got some nice compliments about my weight and that made me feel great!!
glad today is a better day clovey hang in there!!! it's been a long time since i got into a good book.
aimee hang in there ...i guess my mom is not the only saboteur among us.
have a great day at the gym for those of you who are going... i have to get moving on my exercise...i have the stairmaster now but i have not quite mastered it as a matter of fact it is kicking my butt!!!
to anyone i missed have a great day!!!
Old 02-18-2004, 08:42 AM   #8  

clovey - glad you're having a good day. Think of it this way - I would LOVE to be in London and have the ability to pop in Harrods. So jealous of you!!!

Ruth - our garbage day was yesterday. We always have the same routine. I freak out right before we leave for work - IS THE TRASH OUT? Yes, honey the trash is out. So lucky that my dh handles that because I'm always running around like a crazy woman in the AM.

Traci - my DH and i have decided that we watch WAY too much TV. Everynight we choose what we REALLY want to see, and then flip the TV off. Like on Monday,TV was off until that show My big fat fiance - which I hate to admit we absolutely love, and then it went off right when it was over. We have found that the silence is sooo nice. We've been reading a lot lately, and that's great.

We booked our spa vacation of the month for July. We're going to a place a bit outside of Seattle, WAshington and popping into Vancouver for a couple of days. Extremely excited about this, and the fact that we go to our next spa visit in just 9 days. Hmmm, can I drop 5 pounds by then????
Old 02-18-2004, 08:53 AM   #9  

Default Is it HUMP day AGAIN???

Good Morning Beach babes!
TGI..W! Half-way thru another week...yippee!
I had my first piece of bread this morning for breakfast...now don't get all worried...it was a lite stone ground wheat pita which I put under the broiler & spread w/ non-trans fat spread & some absolutely DELISH no sugar added orange marmalade...I swear I had died & gone to heaven! It tasted wonderful! Probably put me wayyyy over on carbs w/ the marmalade, but I'll be good the rest of the day. I was finally bored with poached eggs & ALL-Bran! Oh..and I had an Atkin's shake w/ it...only 1 net carb in the can. It was not bad at all actually.
Hope everyone has a great day...Clovey, hope you are feeling better today!
Little Chick..you & hubby are absolute babes!
Ruth, I am a frequent forgetter of trash day (that's the ONE thing I miss about being married....a man to take out the trash!!!! )
Lou Lou Belle: welcome back, we missed you!
A big hug to everyone else...where is Ellis..sleeping in????
Ciao!
Jan
Old 02-18-2004, 08:54 AM   #10  

opps...sorry I missed you Ellis! I must be a carb induced delerium!
Jan
Old 02-18-2004, 09:30 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 175/172/125

Height: 4'9"

Mornin beachsters! It's a gorgeous day here this morning. I got to work and went for about a 45 minute walk. It's going to be in the upper 50s today! I love it. Hopefully I'll go out during lunch too. I love this kind of weather.

clovey, glad to hear that your clothes feel looser these days. I may not see the scale going down, but my clothes are feelin looser too and that's all that matters

GavinsMom, don'tcha just that TOM! I wish there was a pill that we could take so that we dont have that anymore ... either that or let our spouses have it and see how they feel When I get crampy and such...exercise makes me feel a lil better.

ellis, have fun at the Y. Hmmm they don't have any Y's around here where I am. But they have one in the town where I grew up. I'll have to look into why they don't have one here

Ruth, I don't like taking out the trash and such, but lifting the bags up make me feel pretty good...trash/recycling can get awfully heavy!

justjodi, it's amazing how quick kids grow up. I can't believe my oldest is going to be 16!

pebbles, oh wow a spa vacation..that just sounds so nice and relaxing!

january, glad you were able to eat some bread. My problem is with bread...once I start, I can't stop...especially if it's home made. Oh yummy...

Hope everyone has a great day!
Old 02-18-2004, 09:35 AM   #12  
Reeling Reverend

Mooooorning!

Well! Busy day for all! I was quite excited about my 100% responses from my resumes. I only sent it to three places, but all three responded! I'm not taking any of the jobs, but it's nice to know I'm loved (and qualified!) I just don't know what I want to do... I have a good job, but the boss never comes in anymore, so I'm left to do the work of 2 people.... It's mighty frustrating and I'm ready for a change.... Why can't I just win the lotto?

At least I'm OP. Tonight I'm making my famous chili.

There are far too many posts to address everyone, so I hope EVERYONE has a TERRIFIC day!
Old 02-18-2004, 01:10 PM   #13  

Caity - my aunt and I are registering to win things online. Like the HGTV dream home, all kinds of things like that. I think the lottery is too low of chances, but I do wish we could win something big.

I look at it this way, because we have a split it pact we'll have 2x the chances!

I know I'm crazy, but seriously when is money going to fall out of the sky?
Old 02-18-2004, 01:15 PM   #14  

Afternoon all!

I am very mood swing-y and inhabiting the land of PMS today, but hopefully I will be better later! Good luck to everyone with staying OP. I'm gonna do my best!

Danielle

Old 02-18-2004, 02:38 PM   #15  

What is this? PMS Week on the Beach? Hang in there, Danielle.

Pebbles, I hear ya. I have a plan for a "bank job" running through my head if you want to join me. No guns, though. It's got to be done with subtlety.

Oh, Motts! Perfect weather!! You lucky girl, you!

Jodi, congratulations to Lindsey! I know what you mean... I wouldn't be a teenager again for all the money in the world. Poor things.

I had a great workout at the Y this morning.
Ruth, it's -4 out there! Practically balmy!!
Closed Thread