Closed Thread

Old 02-18-2004, 12:30 AM   #1  
Pending Email Confirmation

Default Do you use your AP's??

I've been OP since 2/9/04 and I used my AP's for today, but this was the first day using them..

Does any of you use your AP's? And why??

Thanks!
Old 02-18-2004, 06:56 AM   #2  
Cowboy Up Chick

I do because of 2 reasons:

1) when you exercise you expend more engery and your body needs more engery to function to avoid staravation syndrome causing your metabolism to slow. The general rule is about 100 calories for every AP earned and 50 calories for every FP so you are not just cancelling out the activity.

2) because the more I eat during my weight loss journey the more I am going to be able to maintain on because my body will not be used to eating low points...it will be used to eating higher points
Old 02-18-2004, 12:58 PM   #3  
Pending Email Confirmation

Well, I will start today with my AP's, and see what happens. Thanks Kelly!
Old 02-18-2004, 10:36 PM   #4  

I use them now. Before I was losing slower and not using them. Now I am losing faster. Why??? I have no idea.
Old 02-18-2004, 11:34 PM   #5  
A Mom

S/C/G: 227/206/147

Height: 5' 2"

Loralee, the same thing happened to me, what's up with that?
Diana
Old 02-19-2004, 06:51 AM   #6  
Cowboy Up Chick

What is up with that is because your body slowed the metabolism down because of the activity you were doing and the fact you were not giving it enough to feel like it wasn't starving. Once you added that food it said hey....let's burn some of this fat cuz we won't need it because we are no longer starving.
Old 02-19-2004, 02:35 PM   #7  
A Mom

Thanks kelly, I'll have to use my AP everyday maybe I'll get better results. I don't use my FP, so I should at least use my AP.
Diana
Old 02-19-2004, 06:40 PM   #8  
Cowboy Up Chick

Why don't you use your FPs? I use all the points I can (and sometimes more) so that when I hit maintenance I can maintain on a higher point level. I don't want my body to get used to eating such a low daily point. I also vary points day to day...some days high and some low.
Old 02-19-2004, 08:47 PM   #9  

Ditto, Kelly.

I've been at Lifetime for about 6 months now and I agree with using the points you were meant to have. Do any of this too fast and make it too hard on yourself and you know you're setting yourself up for disappointment. Why would you do that to yourself?

I was successful 12 years ago but found it too hard to stick with my low points (at the time). This time is much different, I know I'm eating more (but smaller portions, better food).

Also because my job is much less active (I was raising 3 kids under the age of 4 the last time, now I'm sitting at a desk all day), I exercise (never did that before and have come to LOVE it, yes can't believe it, but I do) which also helps immensely.
Old 02-20-2004, 03:29 PM   #10  
A Mom

Our leader said you can use all the points and will still lose but if you don't use your FP and AP points you will lose faster. So that is what I am trying to do. I exericse everyday, 2 APs, sometimes more. Do you think it would be a good idea to use all my FPs and not the APs. I feel that if I use the APs I'm jsut cancelling it out. What do you ladies think? I really appreciate you telling me this More points would make it easier to stick with, I find it hard to stick with now.
Thanks
Old 02-20-2004, 05:40 PM   #11  
Cowboy Up Chick

Dewcan, Actually usually the opposite is true. The majority of people find they lose better and faster eating all the points available and not the opposite. Most find when they don't eat at least most of their FPs they tend to stall in their weight loss or even gain.
Old 02-20-2004, 06:28 PM   #12  
si, si signora

i eat mine, I worked for them, I want them.

I earn 3-5 a day and now that I use etools, they take em.

Then again, I should be at goal and I'm not.

ymmv.

lala
Closed Thread