Closed Thread

Old 02-10-2004, 12:52 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 313.2/290.6/160.0

Height: 5'4"

Default New to the boards and WW!

Hi my name is Mary. My hubby is deploying overseas very soon I would love to lose some weight and surprise him when he comes home in Sep. 2004. I am planning on attending my first WW meeting on Saturday. I am very excited but I am also scared of failing. I have lost 50 lbs before but I quickly gained it back and more when we moved in together. My goal right now is to lose 50 lbs in 7 months but my ultimate goal is to lose 120 lbs. I have been heavy all of my life, so the thought of ME being thin is kinda scary. I am tired of paying 2x the $$$ for clothes!
I need to change my body so I can become a healthier and happier person.
Old 02-10-2004, 02:35 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 232/232/180

Height: 5'5"

Let me know about that yogurt thing! I'd be interested to see if it works!!
Old 02-10-2004, 09:51 PM   #3  

Welcome Mary!

I think the key thing to maintainiing what you lose on the program is that you never stop doing the program. You just incorporate it into your daily routine until it is the routine. In the process, you eat healthier and make better choices, and that's what keeps you in the right direction.

I started off close to what you are at, and know how its like to think that the goal weight seems soooooooooooooo far away. Honestly, I can't remember the last time I was my goal weight... probably first year of High School if I was lucky! Many years ago, nonetheless.

So don't look at the big, seemingly unsurmountable number. Look at the short term goals, which is to eat on program, exercise if you can, and to look towards losing that first 10%. That's what is attainable, and will make your doctor happy and you'll feel a lot better. Then you concentrate on the next 10%, and go from there. Just taking it one step at a time.

That's an interesting comment about the yogurt. It will be interesting to see how it works out!
Old 02-11-2004, 02:03 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 313.2/290.6/160.0

Height: 5'4"

Thanks for the support and words of encouragement!! Regarding the yogurt, she said that the weight loss to the belly has something to do with the live cultures present in yogurt and the calcium. She has a client who is an older male. He has not ever been able to lose his beer belly. So far with the yogurt method, everyone has noticed a great difference. The same results came from another one of her clients as well.
Closed Thread