Closed Thread

Old 02-09-2004, 09:36 AM   #1  
One Sick Puppy

Height: 5'6"

Default Magnetometer Monday

Yeah, I'm not sure what a magnetometer is--I just opened the dictionary to the M's.
Old 02-09-2004, 09:50 AM   #2  
One Sick Puppy

Hello, everyone!! Sorry I haven't been around the last couple of days--Thursday's meeting went long and after the meeting, I took a little bit of vacation time. Then, on Friday, I decided that taking vacation time was so much fun, I'd take an entire day of it. This weekend was so long and nice and LAZY! I thouroughly enjoyed it, but sometimes I feel like I'm never going to lose any weight. Last week was a struggle for me with starting the new second job and all, plus someone kept bringing in M&M's and peanuts. Then someone made oil-popped popcorn in the cafeteria and I can never resist that. And since there were M&M's here, I had to mix those with the popcorn. Last night was probably the worst--Aaron and I decided to go to the Valentino's Buffet. I'm not sure if Valentino's is just local or what, but it's this place that has the biggest Italian buffet you've ever seen. I started with a salad that had a little lettuce, but was mostly just cheese, bacon bits, and Bleu Cheese dressing. Then, I had some corn chips with that nacho cheese from a can on them. After that, it was spinach noodle salad (basically spinach noodles covered in oil and parmesan cheese), some broccoli and noodle salad (broccoli with noodles, bacon bits, cheese, sunflower seeds). On trip #4, I got some pasta with alfredo sauce, two garlic cheese breads, and a breadstick. Trip #5 was a piece of pizza, a cheesy biscuit thing, and more spinach noodle salad. Trip #6 was peppermint dessert pizza and a chocolate chip cookie. Trip #7 was ice cream with hot fudge. Even my enormous BF (Aaron is 6'5", and about 250 lbs) couldn't believe how much I ate. Now, I'd just like to say that I only ate a little bit of the pasta (because I didn't like the alfredo), I only ate the cheese off of the cheese breads and left the rest, and didn't hardly touch the spinach noodle salad the second time. I only ate half the biscuit and fed the rest to Aaron. And, I didn't eat the ice cream, just a little of the hot fudge off of it. (Because that makes it better)

So, I'm skipping WI this week and spending the time between now and next Tuesday working my a** off (literally) to be down next week at WI. Nothing goes in my mouth that I haven't planned for.

How was everyone's weekend? Mine was long, lazy, and quiet. On Friday, I stamped most of the day until a girl called at the last minute and asked me to bowl for her, so I did that. Saturday, Aaron and I rented videos and cuddled. Yesterday, I got some stamping done, and then we hit the buffet.

Well, I don't know much else. I'm gonna go get a little work done, since I haven't been around much to do it over the last couple of days. I'll stop back in later, though.
Old 02-09-2004, 09:58 AM   #3  

Hey Jess,

That buffet is making me hungry! My weekend was ok, worked to help out a friend on Saturday so it was only like I had one day off. SOOO am not wanting to be here today, I'm already in a foul mood. I saw yesterday all the talk of buying houses and condos - I am right back into that myself now. I am deciding today if I want to put a contract down on a place that is really cute, but super small and expensive. I'm talking like 215,000 for 650 sq ft. I am so torn. Basically anything I like in the area I'm looking is going to be this much, but that doesn't make it any easier to buy!

Anyway, even though I cheated on South Beach this weekend and had some beer and a little bread, I am doen 4 lbs in a week. Guess I'll go change my sig! BBL
Old 02-09-2004, 10:51 AM   #4  
Turtle Buddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by JessIsOK
Yeah, I'm not sure what a magnetometer is--I just opened the dictionary to the M's.
I know what a magnetometer is. It's a device for measuring the magnetic field and the magnetic properties of the earth. My husband worked with them for the last three years. Just in case you're interested.
Old 02-09-2004, 11:20 AM   #5  
Mom to 2 beautiful girls!

OK, so where is everyone? Friday was the deadest I have seen it here in awhile. I had a short weekend. I taught a class on Friday to little kids (we made fleece vests and scarfs). Then Sunday hubby went and worked most of the day at his parents. His dad severely broke his leg in December and they operate a large farm. They have hired people, but there are things they also need done that the hired people can't do. Hubby gets a little cash for doing it, so I don't mind much. It just gets hard with 2 little rub rats under feet tho. The girls and I stayed in pj's for the whole day. It was great. Emma played in the snow for a bit on the patio and I baked a little. Kate is a handful tho and likes attention.

I haven't exercised in a long time. I haven't found the time yet. I have to take a shortened lunch today because I have to leave early. Emma is starting a dance class tonight, but it starts at 4:30. It is all Stay at Home Moms that have their kids enrolled, so it is hard for us working mom's to make it in time. I am not sure if Emma will like dance, so this is our tester. If she likes it, she can continue. She is pretty excited. We didn't buy the tights and leotard yet, so she picked out dance clothes (sweat pants). She is sooooo excited.

After I do dance, then I run Emma home for supper (hubby is in charge), then I run out to get my hair cut. UGHHHHHH....

That's it for me.
Old 02-09-2004, 11:44 AM   #6  
One Sick Puppy

Lexxy--FOUR LBS?!?! That's wonderful!!!!!!! I'm glad that's working out for you. I saw the book at Wal Mart this weekend and thought about puchasing it because WW doesn't feel like it's working. Then I realized that it's not the WW isn't working, it's that I'm eating too much!!

JenL--Oh, I bet Emma at dance is just the CUTEST little thing! You should definitely share some photos with us!!
Old 02-09-2004, 12:25 PM   #7  

Jess, you know Lin's comment makes me think a little....if you opened the DICTIONARY, wouldn't there be a definition of the word? The four pounds is the only thing keeping me going here. I swore I was never going to be one of those people who bought low carb this and that, who wouldn't eat bread, etc. It's SO hard for me, but I can start adding fruit and whole grains back next week. Of course, I really just want chocolate, and lots of it!
Old 02-09-2004, 12:49 PM   #8  
Mom to 2 beautiful girls!

You know Jess, I just realized I forgot the camera. But I think the little digi camera is in Kate's diaper bag. I will have to check when I pick up Emma. Otherwise there is next week. She is wearing pink sweat pants until we see if she likes it. Then I have to invest in dance clothes. I hope she likes it. This class is being taught by a girl from our church. If Emma does well, then I would have to pay the big bucks to enroll her in a dance school.
Old 02-09-2004, 01:56 PM   #9  
Started IP 1/8/13

Height: 5'7"

Hey all

I've got a few minutes here before lunch is over... Sorry I haven't been around much last week, the new job is making posting very difficult! Lexxy, you've got me thinking about the SB thing. I glanced through the book last night at WalMart but and almost bought it. So instead ... I decided to try "my version" of it. We'll see if this works. I found a grocery list of food online that is on phase 1 so I'm going to try and eat only that this week ... I am out of control and need a change! I was on the scale again this morning ... it said 161.5. And I refuse to let the numbers rise again, so I'm going to have to kick it into gear to get lose the pounds again and this time, go all the way down to goal!

Jess - I think there's a Valentino's in my town too - it sounds so familiar but I can't think of where I've heard of it before! Buffets are definitely my downfall too ... especially after reading your accounting of it

Lexxy - that is awesome on the 4#!!!

Jen - glad to hear your weekend was relaxing with the girls ...

whoops gotta go ... sorry if i missed anyone!
Old 02-09-2004, 02:57 PM   #10  
Proud Canadian

Hi everyone. I had a bad WI on the weekend - up 3#!! So sad, but understandable given my week. With the Ankle injury I had other people cooking for me and some "I'm in pain so I'm eating this" food. Also, I couldn't walk to get water so my water was WAY down from how much I should have had. I stopped using the crutches yesterday. It still hurts a bit and I'm limping but at least I'm healing. We'll see how this week goes. I'm going to go low carb for the week to try to make up for the carb overload of last week.
Jen - so cute, little kid dancers. I'm sure she'll like it. let us know how it goes.
Jess - holy buffet!!! Sounds yummy though. I like how you avoid the extra by not eating crusts (I do that too.)
Lexxy - Any chance of your real estate prices dropping any time soon or are they on an upwards climb?
Hi Angie, Lin and anyone else about to post. Gotta go put my foot up and get some work done. It's sure nice to be able to walk again.
KT
Old 02-09-2004, 04:33 PM   #11  

Angie, good luck on south beach. It's not easy if you have a sweet tooth like me!

KT, unfortunately, prices just seem to keep going up. Places that I was looking at like 6 months ago are up 10 grand. It's very depressing. I'm sure once I buy they will go down again.
Closed Thread