South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 01-29-2004, 06:18 AM   #1  

Default Thursday Chattiness

Thought I would start, lets see if I am cross posting with anyone else....
Old 01-29-2004, 06:23 AM   #2  

Well, we have the Big Freeze here, and you ladies would laugh and laugh. The temperature dropped to minus 1 (that is C not F) yesterday and chaos ensued, no one could get home because it snowed (we had an inch and a half!). The schools have closed, and my clients have been calling to cancel as if it were the apocalypse. Actually they just want to play snowballs I reckon and this is thier only chance for the next five years. OK with me.

I have already worked though my in tray and feel very proud of myself. Well, that is my top in tray, not counting the large cardboard box under the desk.....that one contains the pension documentation. Heavy heavy sigh. I have to sort it out. My financial advisor tells me I am paying too much commision. Yawn.

OK, off to meditate for an hour. I need to do it whether I want to or not. It is like exercise.
Old 01-29-2004, 07:20 AM   #3  

Height: 5'-2"

Oh, Clovey... -1C. Thank you for the laugh. I needed that.
Old 01-29-2004, 08:12 AM   #4  
Cookin' With A Vengeance!

I'M FREEZING!!!!!!!!!!! The "storm of the century" is over, and the temperatures are going back down. I can take the cold; I just can't take all the up and down.

Tried a new recipe last night that is VERY good. It is CALLED White Chili, but is more of a soup and not so white. I'll post it into the recipes later. Looks to be an SBD friendly recipe and it is TASTY!!!

Hope all of you beach beauties have a wonderful day!!!
Old 01-29-2004, 08:38 AM   #5  
Ready to Change

S/C/G: 170/160/125

Height: 5 ft

Morning chickies I with Ellis Clovey you would never last in the Martimes. I will be right back have to take a phone call.
Old 01-29-2004, 08:47 AM   #6  
Imagine...

Hi Beauties

Just checking in, been a bad, bad girl. But yesterday is gone...thank the LORD!
Old 01-29-2004, 08:52 AM   #7  
Ready to Change

Sflake they say confession is good for the soul. I had a bad day yesterday as well. So far as of 9:52 I am right on track.
Old 01-29-2004, 08:59 AM   #8  

Wink uggh!

I have to confess as well....
Actually I did not cheat with food...I was very good about that, but I over did it a bit with the vino last night! DBF & I had 2 bottles of cabernet with dinner (roased duck breast & grilled asparagus)...AND 2 wee glasses of port after dinner...
we had a fun time...but today I feel like @#&#...ugghh..I am "overhung" & my tummy is icky...and now all I want is a piece of toast of all things!
Serves me right, I know.
Well at least I can slump over my desk all morning...he had to leave the house at 5:30 for the Yankee Dental Convention...a whole day of lectures & schmoozing! (Actually 4 days of it in a row! ICK!)...bet he's slumping himself right about now!
Well chickies, have a lovely day...I think I'll try a V-8 and see it it helps!
(NO! I am NOT adding vodka to it! Sheesh!)
January
Old 01-29-2004, 09:03 AM   #9  
Ready to Change

January the things we do to ourselves.... why oh why. I hope your desk is comfy.
Old 01-29-2004, 09:42 AM   #10  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Good morning all! -1C! Go to your room, Clovey! Actually it's a tad warmer here today - relatively speaking - and the sun is shining which makes a world of difference.
Rehearsal ran late last night but the snow had stopped by the time we got out of there so the drive home was bearable. HArry had cleaned up the kitchen - back in a minute.
Old 01-29-2004, 10:04 AM   #11  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Back! H. put his Lifeline bracelet in his pocket and then sat on it so it went off. Since I was on the phone line, the speaker just kept hollering and the dogs kept barking and H. kept barking at the dogs! Whoops! I meant yelling. The dogs think it's barking! What a brouhaha!

This is going to be a hectic morning as Homemaker Jane comes at 12 and I intend to be outta here about 2 minutes after she arrives. She doesn't seem to want to do much but she can look after lunch and cleanup and H's afternoon tea. We truly don't need her but must get in the loop in case I suddenly need more help because of illness or deterioration in H's condition. It's easier to increase homecare time than it is to get it started. I think I'll enjoy my afternoon off much more when I am not driving to Brockville every darn night!

I am going to The Falls for lunch out with Morna - maybe Chinese - and then finally getting to Canadian Tire - not for tires! H. dropped and broke the GF grill this week and I'm pricing new ones. I also need another new pedometer. (Don't ask why, Ellis. Let's just say it sort of fell apart when I was trying to remove that "protection strip from the battery. What a butterfingers!)

So chickies - have a super day. I'll pop in after rehearsal tonight to see who has been kicking sand and stealing beach towels - you know who you are!

Old 01-29-2004, 10:22 AM   #12  
Enthusiasm is contagious

Morning, Beach Beauties!

I caught this crappy cold yesterday. I feel like and just want to go back to bed. It's one of those colds like when you bend over to pick something up, your nose drips all over the place. I took some decongestant, and now I feel like I'm rolling around in a tunnel!! I just need some hugs, I think! OK, enough of this baby stuff!

Today is a busy one trying to pack for the trip. This will probably be my last post for a while. We will be in Florida, really basking on the "BEACH". Yeah, I know....you all dislike me immensley!

The weather is 3 degrees F right now, and I'm freezing my #&*@* off!! Will this never let up! I feel like I'm in Canada!!!!

Clovey.....enjoy your meditation time. Are you enjoying the books you bought on your trip? I'm going to do a lot of reading on my trip, too.

Sflake....that's what we're all here for.....to listen to each other's confessions. Right!? Well, one of the reasons, anyway!

Ruth, and Ellis....keep the home fires burning while I'm away! I will return tanned and ready for Phase 1 on March 1st. Hugs to you both!

Well, on to packing, etc. I'll check in later!
Sharon
P.S. Little Chick....glad you're back on track.......and you, too, January!!
Old 01-29-2004, 10:26 AM   #13  

Good Morning to my Beach Buddies!!!

Well, it looks like we're going to be able to dig out from under the snow today!!! The hubby is taking us out...where? Anywhere is fine by me. I just need to get out of this house for a few!

Clovey, the apocalypse?

January, I hope youre feeling better very soon. Sorry, I couldnt help but laugh at your story.

Ruth, I hope you have a fabulous afternoon!! Dont flirt too much w/ the cute salesmen!!!

Ellis, did you get to the Y today? What's that saying? It's the thought that counts!?!

I hope everyone has a wonderful day!!
Talk soon,
Traci
Old 01-29-2004, 10:29 AM   #14  

Good morning All! I am so proud of myself, I have NOT cheated (yet) during Phase I . I pack my little lunch cooler everyday for work, took home all the extra food in my desk even though they were legal foods (i.e, peanuts) cause I was tempted to eat more than my 20 allowable pieces. I continue to enjoy my lemon ricotta dessert at night, and just as soon as I find the expresso powder, I will try another flavor. Wish I could find SF fudgicals that are not on a wooden stick--that gives me the creeps --I don't like the feel of the soggy wood stick and certainly don't like the wood taste that it infuses in the treat. Anyone else have a problem with the wooden sticks or should I make an appointment with Clovey to discuss my problem ?
Old 01-29-2004, 10:43 AM   #15  
Captain of MY Destiny!

You chicks just tickle me! Here I am all set to settle in for a quick nap before we leave to see DH's family, and all I can do is giggle! LOL! Oh well...they say laughter is good for the soul.

I would love to post pithy responses to everyone but of course when I have the ideas I don't have the time...and vice versa. My SIL has a modem and we can't tie her phone up for hours on end (how does she stand it? ) so I probably won't post over the weekend. But I'll be back ready to tackle February...who's with me? January was a bust for me, but at least I didn't backslide...too much!

See you chicks soon!
Closed Thread