Closed Thread

Old 01-26-2004, 08:59 PM   #1  

Default Home of the Loozing Floozie's.....(#68)

Hello

Here at McSkinneys, Our mission is to motivate,support and lose those pounds & inches.We must keep those Loozing Floozies loosing!!

Feel free to join our group of wonderful ladies.Come on in.....Give us YOUR motivation,support and ideas.We would love to have you!!!

Old 01-26-2004, 09:03 PM   #2  

Don't Forget To Go Back To #67 And Read The Last Few Posts There!
Old 01-27-2004, 12:32 AM   #3  
Losing it!

I like your little Garfield Sher! The hearts by your name are too cute!!!

Carol, It turned out pretty decent late this afternoon and evening, so I had my class. It went pretty well, but I'm dog tired. Not the work involved, but I'm drained now because of my nerves. Hopefully, I can get use to standing in front of people and talking. I have another class Wednesday, then Saturday... Steve get's to keep the doggie and kids in line and out of my way, he kinda had a shocked look on his face tonight when I told him about the Saturday class!!

I'm glad everyone is doing ok. how's the weather doing? I guess we should have pity on our dear friend Dee. How she's suffering, in all that heat!!!
Old 01-27-2004, 09:22 AM   #4  

Holy snow at my end of the world!!! 15 cm yesterday and another 15-20 expected today. Got to wokr okay but I think the ride home is going to be a killer.

Not feeling too great today....tummy upset. I am going to trying and eat breakfast and hopefully that will settle things. Couldn't to the WATP today cause my legs wer really sore and the tummy ache. I promise myself tomorrow for sure.

Have a great day all.

Trixi
Old 01-27-2004, 12:11 PM   #5  

So do you recon I should change my name to "burned Boobs?" I think of you all often.

Ola Amiga,
We had a slow start, our plane was scheduled to leave at 7:30 but was delayed until 11:10. It was a stormy night and when our plane finally arrived, the flight crew exceeded their 12 hour limit and couldn´t fly any more.
After some deliberation and the new crew we arrived in toronto at 2 am. Had a few winks at the hotel, sleeping quickly.
We left Toronto a half hour late but we are glad to be on our way. Our cousin Ron and Carla were expected to arrive in PV the same time as us, but were delayed by a day because of an ice storm in Regina.
We arrived safely in PV with a welcoming rip off at the money exchange. WELCOME TO MEXICO. By 4:00 we were walking hand in hand along the ocean. Our new home has a beautiful view of the mountain side and the salty blue ocean. We were supposed to have a king size bed but had two doubles that they moved together entailing a service call from the electrician to re-wire the lamp. We get lost in our bed.
Our first adventure was to visit the local beef taco stand for cheapy cheapy tacos. On our way we popped in to see Julianne (my mexican sister)at Viva´s. I surprised her with a hug, it was great to see her.
Sunday was the first day without rain in 9 days and it only rained Saturday before we got here. It was a great start to our vacation. In the afternoon we anxiously checked 3 times to see if Ron and Carla arrived. We finally spotted them walking down the beach at 4:30. After dinner we visited the crepe lady who spiked our crepes abundantly. There was so much booze in them that it was dripping down our arms. Carla said that they were the best crepes ever and she would be making them when she got home.
On Tuesday we went to a remote beach called Destilladeras, it had a long sandy shore and was very private. We bribed to security guard with beer to watch over our stuff and to protect us, as we ventured for a long walk down the shore.
On Wednesday, Ceasar, our pool boy, gave Larry and I private Salsa lessons. Since then we have been practicing in our room.
We been trying different restaurants every night and have been pleased with them all. We enjoy strolling along the beach (burning off the beer calories) in the evening listening to live mexican music.
On Thursday, we took the local bus to Rancho Capomo up in the mountains. We had a trecherous hike for an hour upstream crossing 3 rickety swinging bridges with missing planks and loose handrails, steep stairs and streams with loose tumbling rocks to a Grand private waterfall. We played so closed to the falls that the wind was taking our breath away. It was a spiritual experience. hallalulia. After we hiked back, we caught a ride back into town on the back end of an open end truck with pig slop. We bounced and swayed around the curves trying to keep our balance. All that experience for 10 pesos. The people in the villiage (Las Palmas) shared thier lunch with us and guided us to the bus stop. We could see that this town was of a strong faith. A church was located in the center of town and inside there were many people on thier knees praying at the alter. The bus ride home was horendous, if we drove any faster we would have been flying. We sure made good time. We got off at the park and feasted on pork tacos and some delicious crepes. We called it a night, Ron and Carla went to bed and Larry and I sat out on our balcony enjoying a romantic evening. (sitting in this hole in the wall internet cafe when a white kitty jumped on his lap while Larry was typing, scaring the crap out of him, LOL)
Friday was partly clouding, so the boys decided to tie one on at the beach. They were pretty funny and loaded. I feel special, Ron said he Loved me and he hardly said that to anyone. We went to Cye Cye´s bar for sunset cocktails and to meet the board members from All Valarta. The boys were enjoying a liquid dinner, but us girls insisted that solid food was a necessity. So we dragged them off to “180” for something to sober them up.
Saturday, Larry surprised me with an early birthday gift. A beautiful bouquet of flowers, three bird of paradise accented with purple daisies and yellow crysanthimums. It was Ron and Carlas last day and we ventured off to Mismaloya by cab. The ride was a suicide trip down a winding hyway along steep cliffs with many crosss in memory of people who died along this road. Carla yelled at the cab driver “amigo, slow down or no tip” because he spoke no english. Fortunately we arrived on a small sandy beach and a beautiful view of Los Arcos. We set up under a palapa and enjoyed strawberry margaritas and pina coladas to celebrate our new lease on life. Ron treated us to snorkelling at Los Arcos for my birthday. We sat on the edge of our boat with our backs facing the water with our snorkel gear on and dropped back with a splash. We were promised we would see a thousand fish but Ron only counted 999 lol. There were many different colored species including minced jelly fish chopped up by the boats propellers, which were stinging us, unbeknown to us what it was at the time. We fed many “Nemos” with bread by hand. After snorkelling we had lunch and hiked up the coast where they filmed the movie “Night of the Iguana” The hurricane had destroyed most of the sets, but it was still very interesting. The jungle was lush and green. It started to rain, so we hopped the bus back home being entertained by 3 young school boys singing to us for tips. The rain was short lived and we were able to enjoy a long walk along the malecon after dinner.
Sunday Ron and Carla were leaving for home at 2:00. They experienced mexico to the fullest, they enjoyed shrimp on a stick, mexican chips, muffins baked in a tin, pecan pie and chocolate dipped frozen bananas on the beach. They had a wonderful vacation, we watched them drive out of site with Ron calling out “I Love you Darlene” I walked away with a smile on my face and tears in my eyes.
The black whales arrived in the bay, we watched them dance in the water. Diving upward and splashing back down, entertaining everyone on the shore.

AHHH, ANOTHER DAY IN PARADISE.
Old 01-27-2004, 11:23 PM   #6  
Losing it!

I hope Dee won't mind me sharing this. I just received an e-mail and her mother who has been staying the winter in Texas was air lifted back to Canada and is in critical condition and on life support. Dee and larry are still in PV at the moment. This is all I know. Again, I hope Dee won't mind me posting this, but I really thought you guys would want to know and we can all say some prayers. Dee, if you happen to see this, know that we love and care about you. If you need anything at all, just let us know. Gayle
Old 01-28-2004, 05:33 AM   #7  

Gayle-I was going to let everyone know too! She emailed me also. Please keep her mom in your prayers!
Old 01-28-2004, 06:32 AM   #8  

I was going to post the same thing! I recieved an email too.

Dee,
Please let us know how she is.We love you!! I'm saying a prayer for her!
Old 01-28-2004, 05:19 PM   #9  
THINKING THIN!!!!

Dee.. Your Mom is in our thoughts and prayers. Please let us know if we can do anything.

Hugs..deb
Old 01-28-2004, 06:32 PM   #10  

Dee. Your mom is in my prayers. Take care of yourself thru this time also.

Vicki
Old 01-28-2004, 07:09 PM   #11  

Dee, I'll be thinking of you and praying for your mother. Take care sweetie.
Old 01-29-2004, 07:07 AM   #12  

Happy Birthday Dee!!!! I hope you have a very special day!!!!! Love You!!

Old 01-29-2004, 09:43 AM   #13  
Losing it!

HAPPY, HAPPY BIRTHDAY DEE!!!!!!!!!!!! I hope you have a very special day!!!!!! Drink one of those frilly little drinks on me today!!!!! LOVE YA!!!! Gayle
Old 01-29-2004, 09:52 AM   #14  

Happy Birthday, Dee. I hope your mom is better. I'll be thinking of you.

Cheryl
Old 01-29-2004, 02:16 PM   #15  

Happy Birthday Dee!!!!!!! I too hope everything is okay with your mom.
Closed Thread