South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 01-22-2004, 07:00 AM   #1  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Default Thursday Chat - January 22

What a chatty bunch we were yesterday! There are lots of new folks and lots of questions and lots of silliness - my favourite.

Hey, less than two months to the first day of Spring! Time to browse the seed catalogues. The paperwhites I planted New Year's Day are blooming on my kitchen counter. I love fresh Spring flowers in the house and will start buying them soon. That's my winter extravagance for me!

Busy day yesterday, most of it running around in the car. I didn't even get to my Journal until nearly six! Harry decided he didn't want to go to Brockville for dinner so I dashed in there in the afternoon on my own and did the errands. I took a big load of clothing to the Goodwill which felt great.

Time to wake The Girls and gt the day started. Kevin is supposed to be here today. Any bets?

New Beach Beauties, be sure to join us on the Daily.

Old 01-22-2004, 08:22 AM   #2  
Imagine...

Ruth I'm gonna think positive and bet he shows
I just noticed last night that it was lighter longer...I think we get an extra minute each day? So how will you spend your extra minute?? I think mine will be spent studying cooking yeah right! I'm off to work see ya
Old 01-22-2004, 08:38 AM   #3  
Cookin' With A Vengeance!

GOOD MORNING!!!!!!

Ruth-After yesterday's discussion I have this image of you waking up your breasts.....VERY disconcerting!!!!

Sflake-HIYA!! I'm off to work in a few minutes too...then picking up son at 11:20 (finals) and taking him out for lunch with a friend. BUSY DAY AGAIN!!

My older son is turning 17 today!!! I am really amazed. Seems like just yesterday I was bringing him home from the hospital!!! We were teasing him about his willingness to be seen in the Middle Eastern restaurant with a couple of middle aged women, and he said, "It is okay, but ONLY in a MIDDLE EASTERN restaurant." He has his parents' obnoxious sense of humor!! (SOB! I'm so proud!!!)

Hope everyone has a GREAT day today!!!
Old 01-22-2004, 08:53 AM   #4  
Enthusiasm is contagious

Hey! Morning Everyone!!

It doesn't take a whole lot to get me confused... but I can't get all the new names straight yet!! Think I'm gonna have to have a score card! Happy to see all this new action on our forum, however!

Hi, Ruth, Sflake, and Den! Amazing....I do remember your names!!
Den...speaking of breasts(what in the world got us on that subject this early!), I heard the funniest little joke the other day! So here goes:
Onr saggy boob said to the other saggy boob: If we don't get some support soon, people will think we're nuts!"

Ellis will probably censor this and bleep my joke out into cyberspace!

Well, Chickies I wish everyone a wonderful day! I'm heading for the gym to get in my hour of excercise this AM. Anybody with me? Yes, this is a challenge!
check back later Chickies...
Sharon
Old 01-22-2004, 08:54 AM   #5  
Cookin' With A Vengeance!

Sharon-GOOD ONE!!! (reminds me of me unfortunately!!!)
Old 01-22-2004, 08:58 AM   #6  
Come on Spring!

Hey! I just got a phone call - not Kevin but........................my Homemakers starts tomorrow afternoon from one to five! I think I'll take off for Smiths Falls and poke around Canadian Tire and Zellers. Doesn't that sound exciting? Yippee! Tomorrow is just an initial visit. She has Tues and Thurs free so we can switch it. Yippee! Maybe I'll get time to shave my legs! Wahoo!
Gotta go - just out of the tub and rubbing lavender ointment on my feet.
Old 01-22-2004, 09:01 AM   #7  
Enthusiasm is contagious

OOOOO-o-o......Lavendar! My very favorite fragrance!

Have a wonderful day, Ruth. Visit the tire store or whatever turns you on, and have fun! You deserve it, hon'!
Old 01-22-2004, 09:07 AM   #8  
Come on Spring!

I have died and gone to heaven! Kevin has arrived! Can life get any better than this? Do you think Bruce Springsteen will show before lunch?
Old 01-22-2004, 10:30 AM   #9  

Yes, Ruth, I think Bruce is en route as we speak, or write, or whatever!

And then, at about the same time, the hot guy with the icy blue eyes who works at the fish counter at Zabar's is going to arrive at MY door to profess his undying love, or lust, or whatever! Either that or Pam is going to come take me shopping- for a new handbag, NO new clothes until some weight is gone.

Hope everyone is having a good day. I had a horrible one yesterday, but I'm trying to put it behind me and STAY ON TRACK. Maybe diet, cancer, and studying for the Bar was a bit much to do all at once? No, no, no. This CAN be done, right??

Anyway, I'm trying to plow through this taped lecture I have here at home, but I'm not sure if I can make it out to the live one. The docs said this chemo might sneak up on me at the end- and I've only got one more (of this particular kind)! Which is good!!! It just sucks at the moment.

I'll check in later today. Gotta learn all about Criminal Procedure now. Even though I'm a corporate lawyer. Talk about yawn.
Old 01-22-2004, 12:23 PM   #10  

Afternoon All!!!
Deets, too funny!!! Love it!

My daughter is feeling much better, still at home today w/ a fever, but better. I was able to get to the gym and finally able to run 1 mile w/out passing out!!! Now I just need to stay OP today and drink lots of water!!!

Lisa, good luck w/ your studying today and have fun if you get to go shopping!!!

Ruth, sounds like youre having a great day!! Enjoy!! Let us know if Bruce shows!

Have a great day!
Traci
Old 01-22-2004, 02:14 PM   #11  

Default hello - thursday

Hello everyone - just so you know Bruce stopped by my place first, I told him I wasn't interested.....so he's probably too heart broken to make any other visits.

Well this is day 13 on phase one. The DH and I are planning our attack on Phase II, we're a bit hesitant to go full swing, so the plan is to add one carb per day for the first week and see how things go. In general we're pretty pleased with the dinners, so this isn't a big deal.

However, first day we have it all planned out. Strawberries and chocolate, that's our first carb. Not that we're excited at all.

There's a really great article in O magazine this month about a woman who went from 338 to 170 - I really enjoyed it a lot. So if you get a chance, or know someone who gets it I suggest it highly.
Old 01-22-2004, 02:22 PM   #12  
Ready to Change

S/C/G: 170/160/125

Height: 5 ft

Afternoon chickies it is snowing again here which means good skiing on Sunday. I can't wait. First time this year. I don't feel as stressed today. I guess I am a little more organized. I have a few solutions for the community center, and I have decided that if that dosn't work then I am going to resign. This is very hard for me as I hate to quit anything but I have come to the conslusion that I can't not alone solve the problems of the world. (although I do at times think that I am god. I heard she was a girl.) What crazy information about the orange juice companies. Nothing surprises me anymore with things like that. But is there not a thing called freedom of speech. I must go the afterschool kids are going to be coming through the door any minute and they tend to forget what a coat rack is for. Well my beach buddies I will check in later. Have a nice night
Old 01-22-2004, 03:15 PM   #13  

Height: 5' 8"

Man!!! I didn't get a chance to read the posts yesterday and look what happened!! This place exploded with new people...look how popular we are

My small child is driving me crazy...not sleeping, up every night between 11:30 and 2am, and then up at 8!!! Complaining about stomach..took him to doc today, he is fine..stuffy, maybe allergies, got some meds so hopefully he...and ME...can get some sleep tonight!

Last night I was so tired I had to lay down for an hour when my dh got home..I nicely asked if he could chop up the chicken for me and then I would get up and cook..well he cooked dinner all by hisself! He found the recipe I had layed out for the Chicken Lentil soup (which was wonderful..had a bowl for lunch today too!) and he had it waiting for me when I awoke...aaah..what a good feeling.

All is well with diet..looking forward to some oatmeal in Phase 2, already tired of eggs. Kind of panicing on what and how to add foods back...maybe one a day? or one of something a week to see what happens?? Any advice??

Beautiful weather here today...suppose to rain on Saturday though, good day to finish up the bathroom I painted..need to put up some molding and want the mirror framed.

I guess that is all...going to read all the other posts from all the newbies now..take care ladies!!!

Bye
Old 01-22-2004, 09:34 PM   #14  
WW Moderator

ChazMom, add it back slowly! I added carbs to just one meal a day. It was suprisingly enough to have oatmeal daily, or sometimes toast or a sandwich. I have gone overboard lately - I need to log my food in, that would probably keep me from getting too many grains.

Lisa, I didn't know you were still in chemo. I hope it is over for you soon. Do you have to take it much longer? Good luck on your exams. You sure did bite off a lot at once, but you CAN do it. No time like the present!

I'm off to fold some laundry, and peek out the windows to see if our neighborhood streaker is about.
Closed Thread