Weight Loss Support - Over 50 And Getting Healthy # 6

View Full Version : Over 50 And Getting Healthy # 6

willow_1
11-08-2003, 09:49 AM
Welcome to our little corner of the world.
You have found a wonderful, supportive group of people.
We like to keep an upbeat attitude; Try to find some humor in each day.
Focus on your plan. Be honest; Don't blame other people and other things when we hit a bump in the road; ... And we DO all hit them at some time.
Remember, you have the power to make things happen in your life, to make some changes. Remember also, "If you always do what you've always done, you'll always get what you've always gotten."
Please join us in our journey to weight loss and good health.

willow_1
11-08-2003, 09:55 AM
Hi everybody,
The other thread was getting a bit long, so I started another one.

DON'T FORGET TO GO BACK TO LAST THREAD AND READ LATEST POSTS!

I'll be back later. I'm drinking my weekend cup of coffee while I read. :T

Sheila53
11-08-2003, 01:20 PM
Uh-oh, didn't we lose Sue the last time we did this? I hope she finds us again. Haven't seen her in a long time.

Wow, Puss--2 lbs.! Way to go! I bet you were tired after all that exercise. I like the way you're not telling them that you used to swim when you were a kid. Did your DH make it home okay? Mine got in last night at about 11:30 pm. He has a raging cold, too. I wonder if that "Airborne" stuff works? He's been snorting Zicam all week so hopefully the cold symptoms will be mild. My Dad has been using a lot of Kleenex, too.

Willow, the poor babysitter! I bet she didn't come around again. This cupping is different than the respiratory cupping. She uses something that looks like a little glass, lights a match in it to burn up the oxygen, and then puts it on my skin where it acts like a suction so it's kind of pulling on the skin. It's a weird feeling, and I haven't looked to see if the blood vessels broke, but whatever she did on Wednesday was very helpful.

I like your attitude about Thanksgiving and Christmas. I just don't want to deal with stuff like that anymore. You know, it's hard knowing what people really like or need when you don't live with them, and everyone loves the gift of cash. My parents used to do that with our family--it's time to start doing that with my kids. We're probably going to have a smoked turkey, and I'm buying pies, too. There's a place that makes much better pies than me! We'll probably just make all the side dishes.

Jacquie, I've heard good things about water walking. My Dad used to do it at our community pool. The resistance is good for the muscles, and the warm water is good for the joints. Oh, man, Christmas shopping. It's that time of year. Usually I'm almost done by now, but I'm leaning toward the check thing, too. I don't go to malls, but do shop online.

You know, one of the reasons we added on to this house for my Dad was because it was such a pain in the butt to go down to the assisted living place all the time. It's so much easier now that he's here. Luckily, he doesn't expect us to entertain him. It is difficult, however, to go anyplace because I have to hire someone, but make it seem like I'm hiring them to watch the animals when really I'm hiring them to make sure he's okay. Hope the time away with your grandkids is relaxing (at least when they're in school!). Also, hope your mother doesn't call a lot like Pusses Mom--now that would be stressful.

Charlotte, it's so easy to do too much when you're feeling good, but it gets you in the end, doesn't it? Then when you feel better again, you forget and do it all over! I'm glad you enjoyed your manicure. What color polish did you get? Did they put sequins and "nail art" on your nails? My bank teller used to get Christmas trees painted on her nails in December--I thought it was pretty cute.

Can you imagine what mischief your girls could have gotten into with Willow's boys when they were little? I'm laughing out loud just thinking what could have happened if you guys had lived near each other. That car story is just too scary!

My cousin who lives nearby is arranging with hospice for care for my cousin with cancer. The cancer cousin wants to come after Thanksgiving, but we're thinking she needs to come sooner or she won't be in any condition to fly. She can't walk well, can't do stairs, and can't sit in a wheelchair for long. My cousin is arranging for her to get a scooter. My poor cousin is very stressed out by this--I'm trying to get her to let me take some of this on, but haven't had any success. Thank you all for your kind thoughts and prayers.

Oh, Puss, my DH told me that they're trying to change the meeting from Scotland to London so, if everything works out, I'd be in London on my own for three days while DH sits in a stuffy room somewhere. You know what I'm nervous about? Forgetting to look right first when crossing a street!

Another gorgeous day around here. My dogs are circling and whining for a walk. It's much warmer than it has been so I'm going to put on my walking shoes and head on out. Have a great day everyone! Hi to SunnyD--hope you have a great weekend!

SunnyD57
11-08-2003, 02:57 PM
Hi Guys! I cannot stay on long - just checking in to send :wave: "Hello's" :wave: your way for a great day! I am hoping to be able to catch up sometime tomorrow afternoon (fingers crossed) ~ weekends are very busy for me when my hubby, Joe, is home... not allot of time at the computer.

I left a link on the last thread to help anyone that may have gotten lost last time - like Bluet did ;)

*Don't forget to re-subscribe to this New Thread, Bluet ;)

Take Care everyone!!!
(((Hugs)))
:sunny:

PS>>> it's 33* here and it's SNOWING! :o

Loodie
11-08-2003, 04:33 PM
Hi, Just popping in to see what the topics are in the threads. I haven't been here for a year but have only been able to lose 27# in that year, so rejoined WW@work & am trying again. I have about 100# to lose yet so I need all the motivation I can get. In the last year I moved from WI to OH, started a new job with an old company & my hubby & I have an empty nest & time for us.

Sheila53
11-08-2003, 09:36 PM
Welcome, Loodie! I noticed on another thread that you have RA. You have something in common with another member here, well, as well as with all of us on our struggle for a healthy lifestyle! :)

I think you've done tremendously well to lose 27 lbs. on your own--congratulations! I, too, go to Weight Watchers and I find it to be a tremendous support. I love my leader! I started out with 100 lbs. to lose, too, and am down almost 60 lbs--hoping to reach that 60 lbs. mark next week. I live for those WW gold stars, and the "oohs" and "ahhs" when the leader says how much I've lost. I'm shameless!

Tell us a little bit about yourself. I'm 50, have a blended family of 2 boys and 2 girls (boys are mine, one girl is his, and one girl is ours). My youngest (the "ours") is in Navy bootcamp so you'll see me whining about not getting letters. I have one granddaughter, a wonderful 3 year old who has a rare chromosome disorder that makes her special needs. She's the light of my life, and I can't wait to see her in December. I live in Washington State after 9 years of living in Boise and hating it. I'm into animals and have two dogs (one just recently passed away) and three cats who keep me up to my elbows in fur.

So do you like Ohio? I was in Cincinnati once--thought the countryside was beautiful, but, oh, I discovered allergies I never knew I had! I thought Wisconsin was beautiful, too, and, in fact, planned to move to Madison in 1977 after visiting the town during the summer, but then saw how cold it got in the winter and said, "No way!" Give me my Pacific Northwest rain any day!

Jacquie
11-09-2003, 01:43 AM
Hi all!

Just popping in as well to say hello....I am busy packing and leaving first thing in the morning. DH will have to fend for himself for a while.....being so appreciated when you get back sure makes going away worthwhile!

We went Christmas shopping today and the malls were just a zoo. I am leaning more toward checks as well this is just getting too difficult.

Well I had better get going .....I wll post as soon as I get settled in Calgary.

Until then!

Jacquie

willow_1
11-09-2003, 10:00 PM
I didn't get my carpet cleaned as I had kind of planned on, but I got my laundry done yesterday and one of my grandsons stayed overnight last night and we watched the lunar eclipse with his telescope.

We had a big breakfast this morning, and I had potatoes for the first time in 3 weeks.
Then, we drove to a few places and ended up at Dairy Queen, and I had a hot fudge brownie delight. :o How bad is THAT??
Then we went swimming for 2 hours, then I spent 20 minutes in the hot tub, then showered and took him home. So, maybe I wore some of that naughty thing off in the pool. 4 hours later when I checked my blood sugar it was 115, so, not too awfully bad.

For supper I had a big piece of that pork roast I made in the crock pot the other night, and teriyaki vegetables.

I'll know better than to go to the pool early on a Sunday afternoon from now on. There was a kids birthday pool party. Not quite as relaxing as other times. I'll wait and go later in the evening from now on.

There is a woman whom I work with who is constantly watching my diet. It drives me nuts!
She lost 50 pounds a couple of years ago and now is a diet expert. Every day she asks, "What did you have for breakfast today?" Then a little while later she will ask, "What did you bring for lunch today?" And sure as ****, in the afternoon she will ask, " What are you having for supper tonight?"
One day she told me, "You sure have an awful lot of stir fry vegetables!" I said, " I LIKE vegetables, they are the bulk of my meals, and you can stir fry them in lots of ways. With water, with cooking spray, with olive oil, ... " She said, " When I was losing my weight, I had salads a lot of the time. Maybe you should try having a small salad before each meal."
I have never been so sorry for telling anyone I'm trying to lose weight.
Guess I'll tell her I went off the diet and am not swimming anymore too. She's been questioning me about that too. I think she's just plain nosey. Guess a better reply would be, " Why do you ask?"

Charlotte, I laughed so hard at your girls' shenanigans when they were small. I too have twins. They are right in the middle. 2 boys older than them, and 2 boys younger than them. Isn't it a wonderful experience, having twins? It's so much fun watching them grow and learn. Because they never do everything at the same time. The smaller one was always ahead of the bigger one, and one day when they were 4 years old, he was waxing eloquently about how he was ahead of his brother in everything.
I heard him saying," I know how to print my whole name, and Ronnie doesn't. And I know how to tie my shoes by myself and Ronnie doesn't yet." And he went on and on about it, and Ron just sat there not changing expression, just listening. And when Johnny got all done, Ron said, " Yeah, but I'm cuter. And, besides, if I don't learn it today, I will tomorrow maybe." I laughed so hard. It was a kodak moment, but I had no cam corder in those days.
I hope you're feeling better. I see you haven't posted. I hope it's just because you're busy.

Hi Sheila. No, it was Bluet that couldn't find us last time we changed threads.

No, that baby sitter wasn't afraid of my boys after her traumatic episode with them. She was just more careful after that.

Hi Sunny! Hope your weekend wasn't too busy and you got a chance to relax.
Thanks for putting that link to the new thread. I should have thought of that. I'm so DUHH! sometimes.

Hi Loodie! And WELCOME BACK!! I too have about a hundred to lose. I don't know as the scales is going down much the last couple of days because I haven't weighed myself, but, I can tell that my belly has gone down some. I hope this works for me. So far, so good.
Please jump in and start posting. These ladies are wonderfully funny and also good support.
Congratulations on your 27 pound loss. That's more than I lost. I had lost about 15 or so pounds about 1 1/2 years ago, and just kind of bounced up and down with 10 or so pounds all this time until just recently when I stopped eating white foods.
I'm also concentrating more on exercise on a regular basis now.

Hi Jacquie!
I suppose you're now all settled in at your temporary new home. I bet the mister will be very lonesome for you.

I haven't even attempted any Christmas shopping, and I don't intend to. I have never liked shopping. Am I weird, or what?? I thought all women liked to shop.

Enjoy your visit, and post when you can.

Bluet, where the heck are you? Hope everything is well.

Guess I better get my things rounded up for work tomorrow.

Bluet
11-09-2003, 11:27 PM
Hi Sweet People,

Hmmmmm, thought you lost me huh? No, tricked me once but not again, besides SunnyD made it way too easy. Thank you SunnyD.

Willow, Bluet (blew it) ie an American herb with "dainty" ;) blue flowers. I chose that name, because my favorite color is blue. My real name is Bonnie, you call me that if you like. Perhaps it is best, because when you get over here next summer, if you call me Bluet, I probably won't know who you are talking to :lol: Aren't you just green with envy that Sheila is going to England and is going to get to meet up with "perfect feet Puss"? I really am happy for you guys, just wish we were all going. I too, plan a rigorous schedule for myself, with an agenda of ten things or more and when I don't get them done, I mentally beat up on myself. My third daughter told me one time I am the only person she knows that starts one thing and ends up trying to do 5 things at once. Good going on your swimming and your diet. It is not easy giving up white things, more power to you. I'll keep you in my thoughts, because we all want this for you! :encore: I have been here all the time, but when I head up the stairs I am just too tired to head into the spare bedroom to sit down at the computer. I am going to have to make up my mind that I get up here sooner in the evening, but once I hit that comfy recliner, this old body does not want to move. I think you answered your own question for the intrusive coworker. Asking her, "Why do you ask?" is an Ann Landers moment. Trust me, I know people like her, and here I thought it was a Manitowoc thing.

Our other little Granddaughter was baptized today. We had a very nice celebration at church and then everyone went over to my daughters and SIL's house, the ones that live next door. We had a very nice lunch and the grandchildren ran around and made a lot of ruckus while the adults chatted away, and then we came home. I made a pumpkin apple pie receipe that I got off the Land O lakes web site, those that ate it said it was good, but since I don't eat sugar, I didn't get to eat any of it. I am taking the rest of it to work tomorrow along with the whipped cream.

It was very cold here on the weekend. We are into plowing the fields now and some of the headlands were frozen, so winter is approaching little by little. Although the weather man is predicting wamer weather the first part of the week. Wasn't the lunar eclipse awsome last night, I kept going out on the front porch to check on it, kept stirring up our two dogs in the kennel, they let me know they did not like it. Sheila, I never knew you thought about living in Madison at one time. Didn't like the thought of the winters, huh? Can't blame you. Madison is a fun place to visit, but I don't think I would want to live there. They don't call it Mad City for nothing.

Well, I guess I'll be heading off to bed, I can't snack or anything cause I am fasting to have my blood drawn for a cholesterol check in the morning on my way to work. Can't eat if I am sleeping, right? Well, one never knows. :s:

Take care Charolette, Puss, SunnyD, Jacqiue, and our new thread friend Loodie. Hope your Monday is absolutely Boooootiful!

:grouphug:

Bluet

Remember, we all stumble every one of us. That's why it's a comfort to go hand in hand. Emily Kimbrough

Sheila53
11-10-2003, 07:00 PM
Ah, the Dairy Queen. I have to mute their ads when I watch TV. Dairy Queen would be my downfall if I'd let it. Luckily, the nearest one here is in a neighborhood I don't like so I'm not that tempted. However, if I asked, my DH would get me something in a minute. Occasionally, I do ask. :)

I think the idea of looking at your coworker for just a fraction of a second, then saying frostily, "Why do you ask?" is a great idea. I mean, what can she say to that without looking like a complete ***?

Making a dessert and then not eating any of it--you're good, Bluet. I'm in awe of the master of willpower! Sounds like you had a great Sunday and I bet the baptism was lovely.

Windy and drizzly here today. Managed to make it through another hour of aerobics. It's always hard to get up and get there, but I usually enjoy it when I do. My dad said that he got up this morning, and turned on the TV expecting news, but he got paid programming on one channel, a game show on another, and paid programming on another. He got dressed and washed up and still no news. Finally he put his watch on, and discovered it was 2:00 am! He got up earlier than our Willow! He must have gotten up about 1:30 am because it takes him a good half hour to get himself ready. He did go back to bed until about 5:30, but he's kind of dragging today.

Hope everyone is having a good Monday. We were hoping for a phone call from our DD this weekend, but no such luck. Now we'll be hoping for a letter.

Loodie
11-10-2003, 10:34 PM
Thank you all for your warm welcome. A little about me (that Sheila read on another thread)--I'm 54 & married to a wonderful man (who just happens to be a minister). Our 10 year anniversary is on Thanksgiving day this year. We are celebrating it by buy plane tickets for all the kids (& 1 spouse) to spend it with us. We have a blended family of 4 children. I have 1 daughter 25, lives in Northern WI. My hubby has 3 children; daughter 23, married & lives in Fairbanks, Alaska--Her hubby is army, one daughter 20 in the 3rd year of college in WI, one son 19 in the 2nd year of college. They all love each other which is totally opposite of how they felt about each other 10 years ago.

My husband & I moved from WI to OH a year ago and I answered an ad on the internet and discovered the position was with a branch of the company I worked with in WI. I work as a Systems Analyst for a large Insurance Company in Cincinnati (which is a 50 mile commute to & from work). I haven't explored Cincy much--spend most of my time there working. I have 2 goals in life--one to lose 100 pounds & two to retire so I can enjoy my passion of quilting & craft projects.

I have Rheumatoid Arthritis which restricts how much exercise I can do, but the new meds I'm on are working wonders, so I have hopes of being able to take long walks & ride bike again some day. In the meantime, I have a stationary bike that I use on occasion.

My biggest challenge with WW is to find the time to write everything down. I get so busy at work that I end up grabbing a cup of soup (our cafeteria has wonderful homemade soups) and eating it while I'm working or in a conference call.

willow_1
11-10-2003, 10:41 PM
I just dozed off sitting here typing.
I didn't ride my stationary bike this morning, but I went to the pool after work for 2 hours, so hopefully that will help.

Foods were good today. Could have maybe drank more water, but, I got in at least 60 ounces, so that's not too bad.

Work was the same old, same old.

I've started journaling my blood pressure and blood sugar now too. I want to see how much the BP drops from this swimming. It has already started to go down.

Bluet, Bonnie, I have a sister named Bonnie. Her name is Bonnie Lou and she's 7 years older than me.

Yes, I'm jealous that Sheila gets to go meet Puss in person. I think that when I retire I'm going to start traveling and go meet all my internet buddies.
Yeah, right! I talk smart now, but I'm not a world traveler. I'd be like Ma Kettle going to town! :lol: I get lost so easily. I don't like big cities either. Too noisy and too busy.

Oooh, that must have been a hard one to do, ... make a dessert and not have any of it, then take it home for the night! It sounds so good too. I would have been laying there hearing it calling my name all night! ;)
How did your cholesterol come out?

Sheila, I laughed so hard about your Dad getting up, thinking it was later than it was.
When I was younger and living in Rantoul, Ill. I worked at a drug store/ buss depot. My landlady was also a good friend, and we lived downstairs from them. She babysat for me while I worked. I came home one afternoon and layed down to take a nap with my little guy who was less than a year old at the time.
I woke up and the clock said it was almost 8 o'clock, and I realized I had slept late, so I rushed around getting my uniform on and getting my make up and hair done, and grabbed the baby and ran upstairs to leave him with the babysitter and explained as I ran out the door that I'd call later as I was going to be late for work. Then her husband came out on the steps and called to me. I stopped running and listened to him, and he asked me just where I was going. I said, "To work! I'm going to be late!" He said, "Just think for a minute. Would I be home if it was time for you to go to work?" Then realization began to set in. It was 8 o'clock in the evening, not in the morning! The sky was the same color almost as it is in the early morning, and I was all confused!
Then I laughed so hard because I began to recall the stunned looks on their faces as I ran in with my kid and ran out, jabbering all the while! :lol: I bet the baby thought I was nuts too.
Well, at least your Dad could get some more sleep in. He's too cute! :D

Hello to everyone else out there.
What's everyone doing? I gotta get things ready for tomorrow.

I'm just too tired to write much tonight. Have a good evening!

willow_1
11-10-2003, 11:05 PM
Loodie, you posted while I was posting.

Wonderful that your kids have come to love each other.

I bet you would benefit greatly from a swimming pool and/or a hot tub. It is sooo relaxing, and so soothing to the joints and muscles. Especially to get in that hot tub after exercising in the pool, and let those jets of water massage your muscles and joints. Takes the soreness and aches away. Also makes you so relaxed that you want to sleep afterwards.

I slept pretty well last night with my new head gear, so I'm hoping it will be even better tonight. It takes a bit to get used to the "pillows" as they call them, in your nostrils, but it is sooo much nicer than having a mask on.

I'm 59, a widow, have 6 sons, 12 grandkids and 5 daughters-in-law. I live in southeastern Minnesota, and I work full time. I guess I already told you that I have about 100 pounds to lose too.

I wish I were at the stage of the game that Sheila is. Wow. 60 pounds gone already. Wonderful.

Sounds like you have a really busy job. Makes it a bit more difficult to follow a plan, doesn't it? I don't like having to come up with things for my lunch every day. I try to take stuff that doesn't have to be real warm to eat because I don't like waiting around for a chance to use a microwave, when there are 30 people all trying to get to them first. And I have to take my lunch break at a specified time.

I wish I were gifted and could do crafts. I probably could if I had the time to spend doing it. It would be a nice hobby maybe when I retire. Maybe sell some for added income.

Once again, welcome. Looking forward to hearing from you again soon.

Angel-lover
11-11-2003, 08:54 AM
http://www.coolgifs.de/welcome/a_t_we03.gifLOODIE...so glad you joined us! My real name is Charlotte. I'm 54. I've been married to a wonderful man,(not a preacher...but a teacher) for 35yrs. We have 4 children & eleven grands. Have 3 son-in-laws (one in army, in Iraq), & a daughter-in-law. A great family! I'm the member with something in common....RA. I already had severe Osteoarthritis in back, legs, arms, etc....from car wreck in '83. For 2 yrs now, been dealing with severe RA. What meds are you on? I started out with Alzuphiside (spelling) , then went to Methotrexate (chemo). Now I take the Methotrexate (which I take at home once a week) & Remicade treatments every 6 weeks. I'm due another one next Monday. It helps more than anything, but, very expensive. Almost $3,000.00 per treatment. Glad I have Ins. The pain & stiffness is very hard to deal with, but, the fatigue is the worse. I finally reached my weight goal & kept losing a little more. Stopped at 45 lbs, so far. The more you lose with RA, the better you'll feel. Also, helped my back. I found stress also makes it worse. I had a housefire a yr ago, & still dealing with that.....so had a lot of stress. Hope to hear more from you.

Sheila...I was thinking about my girls with Willows boys, also!:^: Oh....& Dairy Queen.....well, they sponsor our birthday/anniversary club at the TV station program, "Tennessee Valley Now"....that I co-host with the Manager, Connie. They give a cake each month to the person whose name we select. Of course, we have to patronize their business!:lol: When I boosted their business on the air...I'd tell about the delicious food & deserts....then when I went on diet (partly because I had ate too much from DQ) I told about their delicious salads.:lol:
Just had nails trimmed & acrylic put on this time. Gotta get used to this....oh, the massage of the hands was heavenly! I can get used to that!

Jacquie....I've bought one gift so far, for Christmas. I dread it...& can't really get in the spirit. I love what it represents....just not feeling jolly.

Willow...we have twins in common! That's great. Yes, it's amazing how they can be so much alike, yet, so different. Mine were identical. I still have to look twice, & they can fool me anytime, on the phone. One was always a couple of days ahead of the other...but, not much. Ohhhh, some of the stories I could tell!!
I've been feeling fair, I guess...not great. This mess with the house & Maytag Co is really getting to me. Our lawyer is acting more like THEIRS than ours! About ready to do something about that.

Bluet....good luck with your Cholestoral test. I have one done soon, also. They're hoping it's better than last time, since the weight loss. But, I had to go on blood pressure meds. I was on it for 6 yrs, then lost a lot of weight, & it brought my bp down. This time, though, it stayed up...so, back on it, I went.

Hey Fatpuss...keep losing that weight! How's your kitty?

I bought myself a digital camera. Trying to get up the nerve to show you all few pics of myself & "house". :lol:

Have a good day.http://www.gifs.net/animate/cat2.gif

SunnyD57
11-11-2003, 11:41 AM
Wow!!! I miss a few days and can't believe the posts!!! A new someone as well, I see.

"WELCOME LOODIE!!!" I am the baby here they have welcomed in :lol: ~ I am 46 3/4 and have been married for 28 years to a good (& handsome, if I do say so myself ;) ) man, Joe. We don't have children (cannot have them), but do have 3 beautiful cats I adore & so enjoy (Domno, Guido & Zeppe) and a beta fish (Ulyses S. Grant) that keeps me company when I am on the cp.

Great to meet you LOODIE ;)

I had a very busy weekend with Joe and his family (fun but so tiring :o ) and I have spent the last day now reviewing my diet and re-reading the South Beach Book. I have gone off-track and have been feeling like my energy has left me. So Yesterday & this morning I have taken the time to prepare my day of meals. I did not go to Curves yesterday and won't be going today... but I WILL be going Wednesday, Thursday and Friday to make up for it. It is too hard for me to work-out when I begin (just cannot do both on the first day). So I ask for your support that I will be able to do all I have intended to do. You all have inspired me with all that swimming and alike - whew!!!! I am so impressed!!!!

I am beginning again today on my South Beach diet...

Breakfast:
A glass of water
Cup of coffee - !/2 decaf & 1/2 reg with non dairy creamer & Splenda
2- Vegetable Quiche Cups (made in muffin tin... 3/4 cup Egg Sub.-Spinach-Red pepper-Onion-bit of Ham-Lite Cheese & Seasoning) Baked at 350* for 20 min.

Snack:
2-Deviled eggs & Water & Herb Tea

Lunch:
Grilled Chicken Breast sliced on a bed of Romaine with Balsamic Dressing
Water

Snack:
Celery stuffed with Lite Cream Cheese, Water & Herb Tea (the tea seems to keep my tummy quiet)

Dinner:
Grilled Salmone with Rosemary
Steamed Veggies
Tossed Salad (Greeans, Seedless cuke, Red Pepper)
Water

Dessert:
Maple Flavored Ricotta Dessert (I usually mix the whole 15oz container of Part Skim Ricotta -makes 4 dessert cups- w/ 2 packets of Spenda, 1 tsp of Maple flavoring - that's it... yummy!) Serving size 1/2 Cup.

Herb Tea before bed

I am so sorry I cannot catch up with individual posts, but wanted to chime in before you all forgot me :^:

Take Care ANGEL, PUSS (How's kitty doing?!), BLUET, WILLOW, SHIELA & JACQUIE!!!
(((Hugs))) from Me... Sunny D ;)

http://www.appc1.va.gov/vetsday/images/Vet20003.gif

SunnyD57
11-11-2003, 11:50 AM
Hey there ANGEL ~

I forgot you said you got a digital camera (I'm so sorry I have been absent minded lately)!!!!!
Ya Hoo for you :cp: Where are those pictures! :lol: Now, I will have some competition posting pictures :lol: !!! I love it!!! That kind of competition is fun! Cannot wait to see what you post!

Take Care!!!
:sunny:

SunnyD57
11-11-2003, 11:56 AM
I took this pic on Sunday early evening after Joe had been out leaf raking for two hours in the cold - he was so tired!

The picture of them all was so adorable to me... all my guys sleeping. Domino the older cat was in the laundry basket - he's gotta be different :)

SunnyD57
11-11-2003, 11:59 AM
Domino...
Do you all see his big HEART on his side? :)

Angel-lover
11-11-2003, 08:31 PM
http://www.sandpipercp.com/graphics/honorvet.jpg

Sheila53
11-11-2003, 09:23 PM
What a great graphic, Charlotte! We went out and bought a flag last night so we could display it today. Having a daughter in the military sure makes us think more about the people who have defended our freedom.

Yes, yes, yes, we want to see photos of you and your house! Bring 'em on!

SunnyD, I love your "heart" kitty! I've got one who likes to jump in laundry baskets, but I don't make mine as comfortable as you do. When I fold laundry, he eagerly waits for the moment when I've taken that last piece of laundry out because that's his cue to jump in the basket. Everyone looks so happy on your couch, too.

One of my kitties is peeing in the bathtub again so I took the suspected culprit to the vet. She had to stay for the day (an extra charge, of course) and receive subQ fluids (another extra charge) because they couldn't get any urine out of her bladder. They finally got some urine and it tested negative for bacteria, crystals and blood. So after spending $128, I just had a cat who likes to pee in the bathtub! Well, they also cultured it and then we got a call the next day that the culture grew a ton of bacteria so my DH went down to get some antibiotic for her (another $102 for that--this is one expensive kitty!). The stuff must work fast because we didn't have to clean out the bathtub this morning.

Loodie, good to see you posting here. I'm so glad that the medication works well for you, and doesn't have any nasty side effects. Have you tried swimming or water aerobics at all? Oh, you might try the points bracelet or the electronic tracking thing for WW--it's supposed to be an easy way to remember your points on the fly. I don't work outside the home so I have enough time to journal. It really is a key to making WW work for you--when I don't do it, I tend to eat more than I should and then have a tiny loss or the dreaded gain.

Willow, that's too funny about waking up at 8:00 pm and thinking it was 8:00 am. I can just see the babysitter standingthere speechless with her mouth hanging open as you handed her the baby.

So how was your cholesterol. Bluet? I need to have mine checked again after being on my walnuts/soy/oatmeal/flaxseed oil kick. I sure hope it's down because I do not want to take any of the statins. And, hey, I've seen pictures of people eating in their sleep so I think you CAN eat while you're asleep! :)l

No mail today! Do you know how horrible that is for someone waiting for a letter from her daughter? I'm going to be even more eager for the mail carrier tomorrow.

Well, my youngest son is discovering that stupid things people do when they're younger can really come back to haunt them. He has three bench warrants out for him for failure to pay traffic tickets where he used to live. He would get a ticket, then instead of paying it, he'd get a court date, then he'd either forget to go to court, or would go to court and would still end up having to pay. So either way he was screwed, and he ended up in jail a couple of times because of the stupid traffic tickets. Now he's going to have to go to Idaho, turn himself in, get bonded out, then pay the fines. I have no idea why he just can't pay the fines, but this is the way they do it. If he would have just paid the dang tickets when he was supposed to, this wouldn't have happened.

A friend of mine was prevented from renewing his driver's license in Oregon because a decade-old ticket from North Carolina caught up with him. I guess it's the new technology that makes it easier to track people or something. He spent more arranging to pay the ticket than he did on the ticket itself.

Had a fairly sunny day today so we took the dogs out for a short walk. My DH is still fighting a major cold he got while traveling last week. And I'm still snorting the Zicam so I won't get a cold.

SunnyD57
11-11-2003, 11:09 PM
Thanks SHEILA ~ So glad you enjoyed the kitty pictures :) Did you see that I posted on the last page?? Just wasn't sure if you caught it, because we began a new page at the same time, cuz I posted several times. Your kitty was going potty in the tub because she had an infection - cats don't change their habits unless something is wrong... good that you took her to the vet! Although, I do know what you mean when it come to the cost - I have 3! Just for their routine shots it costed me $350.00 for all of them and they are healthy :^: --- Dogs cost so much more! We are lucky. Hope your kitty is better real soon! I wonder how PUSS's kitty is doing? Haven't heard from her lately.

I sure do hope you get your letter from your daughter real soon! I can only imagine how anxious you must be feeling. My father turned 68 today and he fought in Korea & Nam & his father died on the beaches of Normandy... he gets very emotional when he thinks of day's like today and all of the young people that died under his command and at his side and the loss of his father at a very young age. I have a picture of my father standing next to his father both in uniform and saluting... not long after that picture, his father was killed. A very sensitive day - Our Flag is up too.

So sorry to hear about your son... I hope he learns soon not to get tickets, so he doesn't have to worry about paying them ;)

Well, I must getting off to bed... have a busy day tomorrow. Joe is taking the day off from work and we are gong to pick up a table that is replacing the one we have that was damaged. ANd going out to lunch :) I love it when he takes days off in the middle of a work week :cp:

Have a good night, ladies...
Sleep well!

willow_1
11-11-2003, 11:21 PM
I guess getting up at 4:30 AM is going to make a person tired, no matter what.

I worked by myself most of the day, and I got a lot of plans made in my head, but it also made for a longer day.

I went to the pool for 1 1/2 hours today and then spent 15 minutes in the hot tub.
Stopped at the store to pick up brown rice and distilled water, then came home and made supper. I had grilled fish and a sweet potato. And, of course, my tea.

I put some 15-bean soup beans in the crock pot with some brown rice and a little ham, garlic and onions, and just before bed I'm going to add some diced tomatoes. So, I'll have some of that for my supper tomorrow.

I made a new friend at the pool today. A girl about 12 or 13 years of age, I would guess. I didn't ask. She is profoundly ******ed and is just a beautiful child. She doesn't speak, but makes happy or sad or angry sounds. Neither does she walk by herself. For some reason, she took to me, and would laugh and jump up and down in the water while holding on to my hands. She came in with her mother, and a physical therapist met them there. Every time her therapist tried to do anything with her in the water, she would look over at me and try to come by me. Then, after she played by me for a bit, she would walk back to her therapist or her mother, and her mother was delighted that she was walking in water at least.
I think she felt ok with me because I would go swim at the other end of the pool and leave them alone until she determinedly came towards me, just yelling and laughing. I didn't push myself on them.
I think she thought I just came along with the pool. :lol:

Charlotte, my twins are fraternal, and couldn't be more UN-alike! One is tall, black hair, brown eyes and the other is short, blond and green eyes. One is layed back and easy-going, and the other is a real mischief maker.
Oh gosh! You and I probably wouldn't have survived having both sets growing up together! I keep visualizing the one steering the car at the other one. :fr:

Can't wait to see the pics.

Sunny, good for you, starting the SBD again.
Glad you had a good weekend too. Sometimes they CAN be more tiring than work during the week.
Your hubby and the cats all look so comfy on the couch snoozing.

Sheila, so sorry you haven't heard from your daughter recently, but, knowing how the military is, you'll probably get about 8 or 10 letters from her all at once. My heart goes out to you though. I was sooo lonesome for my son when he went in the Army, and worrying that he was homesick, etc.

Well, hopefully your son will learn a lesson from this.
One of my sons, when he was about 20 years old, was visiting a friend in Kansas, and while driving through another state, got stopped and was found with a "joint" on him, and got hauled in, and a court date was set and he came on his merry way back to MN. and never did show up for court. An Atty. here said they would never extradite for a misdemeanor, but, if he's ever caught in that state, he will still have to go to court, no matter how many years have lapsed. Live and learn I guess.

It was almost 60 degrees here today. Beautiful!

Hello Bonnie, Loodie, Puss, Jacquie, and everyone else! Hope I didn't miss anyone.

I'm going to make this short tonight because I still have to get my stuff ready for tomorrow.

Have a wonderful evening!

Angel-lover
11-12-2003, 10:46 AM
Hi everybody....well, I've gone from getting up at 2-3 am & never sleeping, to sleeping til I'm literally kicked out of bed...even had to take a nap yesterday...then went to bed early...slept late, again!:?: It may be the Remicade is wearing off....feeling more fatigued. Get a treatment Monday. I always have mixed feelings. The first 2-3 days are really rough, then it gets so much better.

Willow....hope you're feeling stronger. Your foods always look so good. I love sweet potatoes....haven't cooked any since the housefire....that's what was in the oven cooking.
Sounds like you had a great day with your new friend. I'm sure you gave her a good memory. Hope you can be there for her, again.
Yes....I wonder how our kids would have been, also! The girls thought it was real funny playing dodgeball with the car! I'm so glad they went to putting safety devices on the cars.
Another incident I thought of was when they we about 6 yrs old, they brought me a frog that they had gouged the eyes out of! (my dainty little girls!). They said it made them mad, so they punished it. They had a newborn sister....so, it really worried me that they might get mad at her. I tried to think of what might touch them most. They loved church & we always went regular. So, I told them that Jesus doesn't like for people to do things like that to his creatures. He trusts us to take good care of them. They asked questions about what would happen if they did that to people.:o I got very straight with them....told them about heaven & ****. They seemed to be ok after the conversation. A few days later, I noticed Trina was very quiet....unusual for her, especially. I kept asking her what was wrong, but she wouldn't tell me. Finally, she screamed..."I DON'T WANT TO GO TO ****!!" So...of course, we had to have another talk. I didn't mean to scare the child to death....but, maybe it DID make her think, before acting....well, about SOME things, anyway.:lol:

SunnyD...I don't think you'll have much competition with pics...can't seem to have much time for anything, these days. I'm also a little embarrassed to post pics of the house. If it was coming together nicely, it would be different. Can't decide if I'm going to, or not. Maybe just the horses & the TV station. Really enjoyed your pics....of course, your husband looked peaceful. Is he as innocent as he looked?!;)

Sheila...I know you are very anxious for a letter from your daughter. I feel for you. I hope you hear from her soon. Hope your son learns from this last episode. My son is married with 2 beautiful daughters....still hasn't learned valuable lessons. Keeps us worried, a lot.

Hello to Bluet, Loodie, Fatpuss (where are you?), Jacquie...& everyone. Have a good day. http://home.att.net/~scorh2/Animation2s.gif

Bluet
11-12-2003, 02:15 PM
Hello,

Gosh so many posts and pictures and graphics, everyone has been really busy.

Yesterday afternoon I took a few hours off from work and drove to Green Bay to help my oldest daughter out a little bit. She had to work all day until 6:00 pm, so I picked up her youngest son at day care and then drove over to the her middle son's school and picked him up and then took both of them to the Y for their swim classes watched them swim and then took them home to pick up her oldest son so that we could all go to McDonalds for supper. Fortunately McDonalds has a pretty decent Cob Salad or I would have had to order the chicken breast sandwich and ditch the bun. My daughter's husband is an engineer for a local power plant and he travels a lot in his job. Mostly Pennsylvania and New York. He is gone for two weeks and it gets a little much for her sometimes, so it is good I can help out. I left Green Bay at 6:30 pm and got home about 7:15 pm. I have worn glasses since the fourth grade and am near sighted, over the past years I am finding it more difficult to see well at night, but I did all right. It is freeway the whole way at 65 MPI, but no one drives 65 on it, they go much faster. The biggest problem is keeping a close eye out for deer. They really can do a lot of damage when they are hit at those speeds. Now is the time of the year they are moving around and they are a complete nuisance .

Last week Dh and I met in the family room and got all ready to watch Survivor and the the satelite went out. We have direct TV and our local chanels come through the satelite too. We never got to see Survivor, but heard that my favorite person, the lawyer (who's name escapes me right now, even though I know I like his name) was voted out, and Lil, one of my least favorite is back in. Hopefully our tv will not let us down Thursday night and we can catch up.

Willow, that is pretty cool, what happened yesterday at the pool. I can tell you are a kind and giving person, and that little girl could see that as soon as she saw you, beside the fact that you came along with the pool ;) You are doing so well with your food and your excercise. I just can't stay committed to excercise, I know I disappoint DH, because he is such an excercise-a-holic, but still that is not a motivator for me. He has been trying to get me into the excercise thing for 40 years now. He is an ex-marine, so he thinks everyone is suppose to be in shape. Keep up the good work, I am so happy for you.

Sheila, sorry there wasn't any mail delivery yesterday. Whenever we don't have mail delivery, I right away think of you and your DH. I was so sad and depressed when our kids went to college and then moved from home, it took me a long time to adjust. Therefore, I can be very sympathetic to your need for mail. I can also understand the situation that your son got himself into too. Not only my son, but my daughters pulled some stunts too in their growing up years. Now they all have children of their own, that is when it really starts to sink in about some of the things they tried to do.

Charlotte, I keep hoping and hoping, that one of these days you are going to tell us you house is all done, and it turned out just the way you wanted it to. One can only hope and pray, and I know you do plenty of that. I never heard you talk about horses. Do you raise horses too?

SunnyD, cool pictures. Everyone looked really tired, did you get to take a nap too? I love to take a Saturday nap, but rarely get to. The only thing is I have a really hard time waking up and tend to continue to sleep too long, and then get grumpy with myself because I didn't get enough done.

Puss, you have been absent too long, hope you are ok. You will have some catching up to do. These ladies are prolific posters, I am not good at keeping up with them, but I try.

Jacquie, How's the babysitting "vacation" going? I am figuring it is really cold in Canada, because it is cold here. We are suppose to get 40 to 50 mile winds with possible ice or snow this afternoon. Gee, my favorite kind of weather. :s:

Loodie, how are you doing? :)

Well gotta go ladies.......talk to you all later :grouphug:

Bluet

willow_1
11-12-2003, 07:32 PM
Hi everybody.
It is COLD here right now. The wind is blowing like up to 35 miles an hour with gusts up to 45 mph. It started out raining with the wind, and ended up snowing.
I felt cold and tired all day today, so I didn't go to the pool. I thought that I'd wake up when I got out of work, but couldn't shake the tiredness, so I came home and ate an early supper, and I'm going to bed very early tonight.

I had the beans and brown rice for supper and it is soooo good, I want to have more, but probably shouldn't.

I read an article that came in my e-mail today from WebMD, and I thought it was interesting. It's about how to tell the difference between actual hunger eating and emotional eating, and how to manage emotional eating. If you want to check it out it's at;
http://my.webmd.com/webmd_today/home/default.htm

I'm starting to feel a slight difference in how my clothes fit, and it probably sounds dumb, but, I think I feel different when I put lotion on.
There sure isn't much difference in the scales in the last 10 days though. But, that's alright, because I just read an article that said when you first start to exercise, you shouldn't weigh yourself for a month because it can take that long for it to show up on a scales, whereas it shows up sooner on your body and how your clothes fit. Sooooo! I just started this swimming a week ago today, so I'm thinking that there is healing fluid in my muscles right now which is keeping weight on temporarily. I've lost this past week, but not much, so that's a positive.

Charlotte, what a hoot about you scaring your girls with Jesus! :lol: That's LITERALLY putting the fear of God in them.

Boy, how I wish I could sleep the way you described. To be able to sleep all night and take a nap and then sleep all night again! Wow!
I just hope you don't get ill before Monday though. Won't you be glad when next Wednesday rolls around and you're feeling good again?!?

Bonnie, that's so nice that you can go help out your daughter. And good job on the food choices at McDonalds! You did great!

I hear what you're saying about night driving! I'm getting to like it less and less too. I don't like the glare of oncoming headlights. Even if they aren't on "bright".

I don't watch much TV, but I know a lot of people watch the Survivor show religiously.

Hello to everyone else out there.
I have a fear that something has happened to Alfie. I pray not, but it's been along time since Puss posted.

I'm going to get my things ready for tomorrow and crawl in bed early tonight. Now I hope I can sleep all night.

Have a good one, everybody!

Sheila53
11-13-2003, 12:25 AM
Ack! My baby had a fever earlier this week, lost her voice, is now all congested, is coughing, and now she has pink eye, and a large bruise on her arm from the rifle at drill practice. And despite all that she managed to pass her physical fitness test (60 sit-ups and 22 push-ups plus running 1.5 miles in a certain time). What are they doing to her? I hope they're giving her something for the pink eye--it's very painful as well as contagious. She said the time is passing fast, but not fast enough. She graduates four weeks from Friday. She got a 5.0 out of 5.0 on her personal inspection and a 4.0 on her dynamic material inspection (i.e., how she folds and stores stuff). I would have thought she'd get a better "grade" on folding and storing because she worked retail for so many years, but as my DH said, the retail way is not the Navy way so maybe she had to unlearn some folding habits.

Had my acupuncture today, and she stuck me with a needle in my shoulder that made me scream and jump. It still hurt after she took it out. I said, hey, you don't hear people screaming on TV when they get acupuncture! She said that usually people find the needles relaxing (hah!), but that I'm very sensitive because of the pain I have. She also does this cupping thing, and she said usually people find that painful, and I don't. I'm just a contrarian, I guess. So it didn't help as much as it did last week, but then again, I was totally tense after she got me with that one needle.

Oh, Charlotte, that's so funny about your girls. I wonder if Trina remembers that. I hope you felt a bit better today, not as tired.

SunnyD, how was your day with your DH? My DH took a day off yesterday, but it was because he was sick so it wasn't exactly a vacation. He sure needed the rest, though. I'm still snorting Zicam to ward off any nasty bugs.

Bluet, you're so nice to help out so much, especially when you had to drive at night. I gave up night driving a while ago, and now I seldom drive during the day. I hate the lack of independence, but I'd soon have a pity party if I start in on that! I've had a couple of those McDonald's salads and I really like them.

Bummer about the satellite going out right when you're sitting down to watch Survivor. So who do you want to win? That Rupert guy is a hoot. The trailer I saw, though, makes it sound like they want him out. Kind of cutting off their nose to spite their face since he's such a good worker.

Puss, where are you? Is everything okay with your mom, your cat, the rest of your family? Like everyone else, I'm getting worried. Hope it's nothing worse than a bug in your computer. We miss you!

Hi to Jacquie and Loodie. Hope everyone had a great Wednesday!

Fatpuss
11-13-2003, 12:53 AM
Hi everyone - just a quickie as it's 4.30 in the morning and I made the mistake of crashing out with exhaustion at 11.00 pm instead of 0130 and my body must think it was just a siesta time because I woke up 2 hours later!
Just to say I hope to post tonight or tomorrow and sorry for the absence but Alfie has been in hospital all weekend on a drip again to reduce toxins but came out Monday night and hasn't eaten at all. Taking him back tonight but I don't think it looks good even though he is cheerful. My mother has been really bad too, weeping and wailing for an hour every night, all me me me as usual and just doesn't see why she should be on her own without my father dancing attendance. Nothing I can't cope with but just haven't had an hour after work for myself to contact you ladies.
Will catch up on the posts shortly and thanks, SunnyD, for the shortcut here and also for kind enquiries.
Fatpuss - her of the beautiful feet and no decent weather to show 'em off!!

SunnyD57
11-13-2003, 04:14 PM
PUSS ~ So good to hear from you & you are very Welcome! But sorry that your Alfie is not well :( How very sad! My thoughts are with you, Puss!! Alfie just does not sound well...
(((Big Bear Hugs for you)))

As far as you & your mother... you are in my thoughts. I hope things get better - afraid I don't know enough about your realtionship, but hope that things get better.

SHEILA ~ Joe & I had a wonderful day!! Thanks for asking :) We went out to return a sofa table and get the replacement, but the replacement was bad also!! So we just got credited for the table and went to a few more furniture stores and found another one we liked even more and bought it. That will be delivered on Wednesday next week. Joe enjoys shopping with me as much as I enjoy going... nice. But he was hurting in his lower back badly (from a job he did at work the day before) and made an appointment with his chiropractor - after he went - he felt so much better and went back to work today. But our weather here is awful! We are going through winds between 60 and 72mph!!! Some area have downed trees and crushed rooftops and no electric... what a mess! Our electric went out from 10pm till 1:30am last night and it's getting real dark again right now. The temp yesterday was 62* and it was sunny - beautiful! - and today it's 29*, very windy and we are having bouts of snow. A good day for staying home ;)

How is your DH feeling today? Better?

WILLOW ~ I'm gonna check out that site you left for us later. I want to have time to really read it - I hate that I have times of wanting to eat when I know I am not actually hungry! I am just bored... Thanks!!!

I am doing pretty well on the SBD and feel real good... this is day three for me and so far so good :) Keep me in your thoughts that I stay on track this time, would you - I so want to get this weight off me! My poor feet!

BLUET ~ So glad you enjoyed my pictures... Joe had been out raking leaves for a few hours in the cold, so he layed down to get warm and went right out! No :lol: I didn't get in a nap, I was in here (my little office) working on making birthday cards and thought to myself, "gee, it's pretty quiet - gotta go take a look-see". So I took my camera and found them all sleeping and took the pic. I have my camera almost everywhere I go! Oh and this was on Sunday - I cannot get Joe to settle down on Saturday's, but I can on Sunday's. He just doesn't sit for long, never did. I wish I had his energy! But he is beginning to slow up as the years move on.

ANGEL ~ Awwwwwe, I would love to see pictures of you with your grandchildren & children and I know everyone here would too :( We all know that you are in upheaval with your home being redone - so don't worry! Really! Share away! ;) Please, Charlotte :^:

Yep! Joe is as innocent as he looks - "When he is asleep" :lol: I don't have children, but he's my big kid :lol: and I love him to death! He's so cute and has so much charm! I think I will keep him ;)

:wave: "Hello's" to everyone else!!!
I really must be going...
God's Blessings!

Sheila53
11-13-2003, 09:57 PM
Puss, it's so good to hear from you! We were all worried. I'm so sorry about Alfie. I do hope he pulls through this like he did before. He's in my thoughts and prayers.

Okay, now what was it you were doing before so that your mom wouldn't talk so long? I can't remember what it was, but it was working so try it again!

SunnyD, glad you had a fun day with your DH, and that's pretty incredible that he enjoys shopping. Definitely a keeper! I heard about all those winds--stay safe. Did you see the hailstorm in Los Angeles? Now that was very weird.

My younger cousin is bringing her sister, who is dying of cancer, home next Thursday. I thought she was going to have her (I'll call her my older cousin) stay in a hospice, but I guess young cousin is going to put a bed in her living room. She lives with her DH, DD, and two large dogs in a 1,000 s.f. house so it's going to be difficult. My younger cousin is the youngest in a family of 4 siblings, and I really admire her for taking on this responsibility. In addition to cancer, older cousin has mental problems that has had her in and out of mental hospitals for years.

Today was our last good day of weather, according to the weather guy. We took the dogs for a walk and enjoyed the sun, which we might not see again until April!

SunnyD57
11-14-2003, 07:41 AM
Here's something I thought would bring a smile into your day :)

http://home.att.net/~scorh/HolidayButton05.gifThe Twelve Days of Thankgiving

On the First Day..... We give thanks for the fresh turkey feast and its hot trimmings.

On the Second Day..... We bless the cold turkey sandwiches, slushy cranberry sauce, and hard rolls.

On the Third Day..... We praise the turkey pie and vintage mixed veggies.

On the Fourth Day..... We thank the pilgrims for not serving bison that first time, or we'd be celebrating Thanksgiving until April.

On the Fifth Day..... We gobble up cubed bird casserole and pray for a glimpse of a naked turkey carcass.

On the Sixth Day..... We show gratitude (sort of) to the creative cook who slings cashews at the turkey and calls it Oriental.

On the Seventh Day..... We forgive our forefathers and pass the turkey-nugget pizza.

On the Eighth Day..... The word ''vegetarian'' keeps popping into our heads.

On the Ninth Day..... We check our hair to make sure we're not beginning to sprout feathers.

On the Tenth Day..... We hope that the wing meat kabobs catch fire under the broiler.

On the Eleventh Day..... We smile over the creamed gizzard because the thigh bones are in sight.

On the Twelfth Day..... We apologize for running out of turkey leftovers....and everybody says Amen!!!

SunnyD57
11-14-2003, 07:54 AM
:wave: Morning Gals! :wave:

SHEILA ~ YES! :o I did see that on the news! L.A. got it bad! We did not get the snow they were predicting - par for the course here these days! Cannot predict this Lake effect weather - but the winds did cause allot of damage in areas of OH. Where I live it was light damage, but in some areas people lost the rooftops to their homes and cars were turned over and trees uprooted by the rootball! Some fell on homes... that's my worse fear! We have allot of trees around us. I watch all the time. Most lost electric and still don't have it back. When the electric goes out here we are a priority to get it back on because Joe & I live in a retired manufactured home park and allot of people are on oxygen here and need the electric! So we don't usually wait too long to get it back on. We love living here - the people are just so nice and very precious. Joe & I are babies in here and lend a hand when we can... we bought the place from Joe's father before it was a retirement park and a few years after it changed over (which is so nice - makes it a very peaceful community).

Well, the boss is getting ready to leave for work, so I'll catch you all later.

God Bless!
Hope you all have a good day!
PUSS, I am thinking of you & Alfie - special!!!!

Angel-lover
11-14-2003, 10:30 AM
Hi everybody....
Puss...So good to hear from you. I'm so sorry about kitty...I'll be praying. I feel for you....wish there was something I could do. Maybe everything will work out, again, like the last time. ((hugs))

SunnyD...I've been playing around with the camera....I really like it. I went out to get pics of the horses. Normally, if they hear anyone, they come running...hoping to be fed...again....&again.:lol: Of course, there are a lot of burnt runs! Anyway, it was cold & windy....they wouldn't come into sight! I'll try again. I DID play around with the self-timer....taking pics of myself. Trying to learn how to take them, & edit. I'm not sure how to post actual pictures....you may have to give me a quick lesson!
;) Liked the 12 days of Thanksgiving.:)

Sheila....sounds like DD is going through some rough training. I know it's hard to hear about...but, if she's ever in a bad situation...it may save her life. Praying the time will pass quickly.
Also, praying for both cousins. Sounds like a very loving person, to give up part of her home & freedom for her other cousin. If she won't let you help in other ways....she may need you to just talk to. There's going to be rough days ahead. Probably more mentally rough than she expects.
Acupunture....OUCH!! You're braver than I am! I'm afraid I'm still very fatigued....get a Remicade treatment Monday.

Bluet....We don't raise horses. Just have 2 pets. Molly & her colt, Milly. Molly is very gentle...from the first day she would let our 2yr old grant feed her right out of her hand. Was very gentle around her little fingers. All of our grands love Molly. Milly is different. Very rambuntious (spelling). Runs, jumps....a little on the wild side. If she doesn't settle down...may have to get rid of her. Don't want grands to get scared. Hopefully, she'll grow out of some the playfullness.
Thanks for the thought on the house. I'm afraid it's going to take a very long time. We're almost out of money, & it's nowhere near built back. A lot depends on the settlement with Maytag Co.

Willow....feels nice when the clothes fit looser, doesn't it? Keep up the good work. Sounds like you're losing inches.

Hope all is well....gotta go. Have a good day.
Hello to everyone. http://www.gifs.net/animate/clown__1.gif

Sheila53
11-14-2003, 03:32 PM
Hi, all! I'm so excited that I just have to share my news. I finally made Onderland! Yup, I lost 3 lbs. this week and am at 199. I haven't been below 200 in about 12 years. Now I'm looking forward to actually being at my driver's license weight of 180. :) I absolutely love WW Flexpoints. I ate 2 doughnuts (I had a craving!) and a fun-size candy bar and still managed to lose 3 lbs.--now that's flexibility!

SunnyD, I love the turkey days! I remember when the kids were younger and we'd have turkey sandwiches, turkey soup, turkey enchiladas, etc., etc. No wonder we only cook a turkey once a year!

Those wind storms are something else! My biggest fear would be a tree falling on my house, too. We get big wind storms, but luckily, there are no big trees around our house. When we lived in Oregon, there was a ton of huge evergreen trees in our backyard, and I used to have nightmares about them falling and hitting the house. Of course, when I was a kid living in the house I'm living in now, I'd have nightmares of big waves coming up and washing our house away. Luckily, those haven't returned since I've been living here. I guess my subconscious is now aware that something like that really couldn't happen because we have to walk down the street a block, then down a 250 ft. cliff to get to the beach.

Charlotte, your Molly sounds wonderful--the perfect horse. Your Milly sounds like a little devil, but maybe that's the way those youngsters are.

So when do you anticipate a settlement with Maytag or is that the $64,000 question? I hope it's soon, and you can be living in your new house by next spring.

It's overcast today, but no rain yet. We did the dreaded interval training at my aerobics class today. Luckily, I leave early on Fridays to go to Weight Watchers so I got to skip out early. My neck was bothering me a lot today, too, so I was really glad to skip out. I hope the instructor doesn't plan that for every Friday because I'll quit going on Friday and do something else. I love aerobics, but not her interval training stuff.

I sure hope Alfie is doing better and that we get a nice long post from Puss.

Hello to everyone else, and hope you're having a great day!

SunnyD57
11-14-2003, 05:18 PM
http://www.cartooncottage.com/images/kristidance.gif :cp: "WAY TO GO, SHEILA!!!!! :dance: :bravo: I am so very happy for you!!! I want to do that 19something dance so badly I could taste it. I can just imagine how happy you must be feeling.

Do you know what?!? Your goal date of JUNE 25, 2004 is my hubby's birthday ;) (June 25th) --- cool!

The weather has gotten better here today... a bit warmer today. In the 40's instead of 30's and the winds have died down. We had wind speeds of 75mph in some area's here - scary!

Sheila, do you go to WW meetings? Do you like going? Or do you just use the plan? My girlfriend did well on it for awhile, but then got tired of using points. I have never done it and just wondered.

ANGEL ~ So glad to hear that you have been playing around with the digital camera. Sure! I would be glad to lend a helping hand when you are ready to post pics. I am not on much over the weekend, because of Joe being home, but any other time --- I'm here :D

The horses sound like so much fun! I always wanted a horse when growing up, but then again... ... I dreamed of a family/children and a farm life - neither happened.

Glad you enjoyed the 12 Days of Thanksgiving, I got a kick out of it :)

"Hello's to PUSS, WILLOW & BLUET"

Loodie
11-14-2003, 06:18 PM
Wow you ladies are really active in this group. The more I read about you all, the more I feel like I have just found some new friends.

Bluet--I notice you went to Green Bay. I've got to say I envy you for being that close to Door County. I really missed WI during the fall color season. SW OH has trees, but not like WI (& I only lived there for 5 years). I just might have to try to find a way to go to Door County in the Spring.

Willow--I did belong to a water aerobics class once (that was when I lived in E. IA). I really enjoyed it and yes, it did feel good on the joints. I was going 2-3 times a week. Unfortunately I fell on ice and broke my elbow and shattered my ankle, so was in casts & wheelchair for 3 months--not a good water outfit. My work & commute schedule is kinda crazy right now. I usually can figure on being away from home for 12 hrs. or more. Actually the work is helping me diet. When I get hungary I am usually on a conference call or getting ready for one & the only vending machine for eats is in a lower level & I don't usually have time to go get something. By the time I do, the hungary streak is over.

Charlotte--My new RA friend. It is good to have connected with someone else with this. You asked about meds. I am on Enbrel, methodrexate, celebrex & folic acid for the RA & also have high blood pressure so take a pill for that and a water pill, & because I take all this other stuff, I take something for acid reflux. I don't like giving myself the shots twice a week, but enbrel is really giving me more pep and relieving the pain.

SunnyD--I live in the SW part of OH, where the winds did hit. There were about 23,000 people without electricity around Cincinnati due to lines going down. One guy I work with was on his way home on a 2 lane highway after dark--went around a curve & a big tree was laying across both lanes. He nearly hit it before he could stop. I lived in SD for 40 years and the winds here would not have been unusual for South Dakota. I remember that we would start getting worried when we heard the gust would be up to 60 mph. I like wind--I always think of Pochantas singing about the wind & her ancestors talking to her.

Sheila--You must be soooooo happy to be under 200#. I look forward to the day. Just curious--when did you start. I have found a method of tracking that works fairly well for me. I write everything down and then sit down @ night with my points calculator and subtract--then I know what I can have to eat at night. The biggest problem is that I alway eat from 7:30 - 9:00 p.m. & that is not good.

I am staying the same at weighins (3 weeks in a row) but would really like to see another loss. I sat with my WW leader & she said that I need to get in ALL my points & also work on more veggies (I eat alot of fruit). I'm trying this week--Hope it works! We're doing our Christmas shopping tomorrow so hopefully that will work off some calories.

willow_1
11-15-2003, 11:54 AM
I haven't posted anything for a couple of days. Been going to bed a little earlier. I finally got to sleep past 4:30 AM today. NO WORK!!! :spin:
My weight has stayed at the same almost all week, but that's ok. At least I haven't gained. :D

My skin is really getting raw and red from the chlorine at the pool, but, I'm not sure what else to do about it. I shower as soon as I get out of the water and lotion up real good right away, and at least 2 more times a day. Before I go to bed and when I get up in the morning. Maybe I need a better lotion. The one I have has cocoa butter in it. Maybe my skin will get used to it after a while too.
I had a big breakfast this morning.
Now I'm going to go get some carpet shampoo and shampoo my living room and bedroom carpets.

First on my list, .... SHEILA!!! I am so so so very proud of you and happy for you! A 3 pound loss AND getting into onederland!! I bet you're just floating on air! As well you should be! It just goes to show you have learned the program well and have learned how to work the program. Marvelous!

Oh, your poor baby with all her pains and hard work too. Sounds like she's doing wonderfully though. She'll make a good (WAV??) is that what they call women in the Navy?
I have forgotten. Anyway, she'll be a good one I think.

Wasn't Puss calling her mother when her Mothers favorite TV show was on and then her mother wouldn't talk as long? :lol: :lol:

That is so admirable what your cousin is doing for her older sister. Must be a difficult decision for her and her husband to make. Most admirable of HIM too.
Hopefully they will have hospice come in and help on a daily basis.

Sunny, so glad the SBD is working well for you. It's not a difficult plan to follow. It's what is mostly recommended now days anyway. Once the first 2 weeks are up, I would say you eat pretty normally, just remembering to use complex carbs instead of simple ones. What I like about it is that I can have my vegetables and protein.
I stopped at the store to pick up a rotisserie chicken on my way home from work yesterday and I couldn't believe that that particular store didn't have the pure natural peanut butter! It's a big store too. It is kept in the dairy case, and when I couldn't find it, I asked, and they said they didn't carry it anymore. Hard to believe because they have a huge natural foods aisle.

I used some of that Natural Ovens lo-carb bread for a club sandwich last night, and it is sooo good. It's actually got lots more nutrients in it than the Atkins one did, and has bigger slices, and the same amt. of carbs. 3 net carbs. More fiber too.

LOVE the 12 days of Thanksgiving! :)

Charlotte, I hope you're feeling good yet. I know that when it gets close to time for the remicade that you start to feel lousy.

I was reading on another thread how you lost your 47 pounds, and I sure wish I had that kind of will power. Or, I guess it would be more like WON'T power, as in, "I WON'T eat this and I WON'T eat that." I have heard that if you use a smaller plate it helps, but I think I would look at a SAUCER and think, ok, here's the appetizer, now where is dinner? :lol:
However, I think you were wise in having BALANCED meals. Not just one thing day in and day out. Maybe that was the secret of it, huh?

Loodie, you BET you've found some good friends! :D These ladies are the best! And you're already one of us, so you might as well just settle in and enjoy the ride! ;)

It sounds like you've lived all around me at different times in your life.
Ooooh, Loodie! DO go back to Door County area next June! Then you can go to the great River Walk in Manitowoc with Bonnie and me! It's not that far from where you're going. That would be sooo fun!
Anyway, I live in Southeastern MN. and you've lived in WI, Iowa, SD, .... all around me.

Gosh, yes! I am sooo enjoying these water workouts! I just need to get more active in between times as well. It's really a bummer that I have such a sedentary job now. I sit all day! Hurts my hip worse sometimes than standing does I think.

Well, at least your job HELPS you stay on your diet. That's a plus, I guess. But, I would get cranky if I got too hungry, I think.
I guess that's what they mean when they say we're a spoiled society. We actually don't know anymore what hunger really is.
I experienced it a lot of times as a kid, but, time makes memories fade, I think.

I need to go get some carpet shampoo. Hello to Puss and Bonnie and Jacquie.

Everybody have a wonderful day!! :goodvibes :wave:

Angel-lover
11-15-2003, 04:28 PM
Hi everybody...gee, if I don't post now....I'll get waaaay behind!:lol: Enjoyed reading all the posts!

Sheila....http://www.addis-welt.de/smilie/smilie/lachen/excited_smilie.gifhttp://www.whittibo.com/files/happy24.gifCongratulations!!!! It's such a good feeling to fall under one of "those" marks! Just be careful at aeobics. That interval training must be pretty rough on you, or you wouldn't dread it so bad. I learned the hard way...your body can change in an instant, & you'll pay the rest of your life for it. If you have a bad feeling.....go with your feelings.
Don't know about the settlement. Lawyer thought Maytag was anxious to settle....but, offered us WAY to little....so, of course, we refused. Lawyer isn't impressing us much, either. Yes, if they'll get with it soon, we could, & should have a lot of the house finished on the inside by spring, then, finish the outside. It seems like a neverending thing. I want floorcovering under my feet, beds to make, kitchen to clean....WOW...sounds like work I'm not having to do...but, still want it. All I have here is my pc & musical equipment for my singing, & a tv (I don't watch tv...DH does, a little) I don't know what I would have done without my pc. When I'm not away...I'm sitting here!

SunnyD...thanks for the offer on the pics...probably take you up on it. Tried to post one, unsuccessfully.
I don't guess any of us get everything we wanted, SunnyD. We always kept a dog. We're so close to the road here, though, every one we tried to have got run over. Got tired of getting my heart broken. We only have 2 1/2 acres...but, it's pasture. So, it's just large enough for a couple of pet horses. That's all they're good for, too!!:lol: I'm sorry you didn't have any children to live...you would make a great mother. I always wanted a grandfather & an older brother. I had a brother born 3 yrs before me (just right), but, died at birth. I never knew either of my grandfathers. I watch our grands with my DH, & think it has to be so much fun! I loved my grandmothers...one, especially...but, they would just sit & talk. I guess we all miss out on something in life, & just have to learn from the experience of others. We don't ride...our son does, & he has a couple of horses. Of course, his 2 little daughters are already great at it. That's something popular around here. If you're driving around a curve, watch for horses, & deer!

Loodie...you take a lot of the same meds that I take. I'm on Methotrexate. Tried the tablets...wasn't doing anything. Dr gave me choice of shots , or drinking it. (shoot it into orange juice & drink it), Folic acid, Blood pressure med with diuretic, Remicade (Intraveneous each 6 weeks), then for back problems Lodine, then for Vagus nerve damage from surgery Depakote, & finally, Allegra....my eyes water a lot since cataract surgery after the care accident. At least, I think that's all.:dizzy: Remicade is due Monday. I HATE the Methotrexate...I break out in a rash & itch....my hair is thinning...my skin is very, very dry...foods aren't tasting right...I've begged the dr to let me off of it. He says it helps protect my immune system for the Remicade, though.
Glad the Enbrel helps you. What kind of work do you do? You may have said...don't remember.

Willow...you're really learning my habits....not feeling too well. Been ill with DH today, too. Guess I'll have to apologize later....I'll wait to see if I owe more than one.:lol: Got up at 3 am this morning...keep saying I'm gonna take a nap...but, still sitting here.
Thanks for the compliment on my diet. It was hard, but, I just looked at myself in a mirror one day, & started crying. I had been eating out of depression & I was getting bigger every day. It's also very hard on my back. I just made a statement to my DH that I was on a diet....then to the friends at the station....so they wouldn't bring junk food to me. (we do that a lot) I found myself very determined. That was before the Methotrexate made foods taste bad. (If I had only waited, it would have helped!;) )I found this board & another I've been on all this time. Posting helped me a lot. The saucer thing....to me....really worked. I just told myself that it was all I could have. I'm not usually this disciplined on a diet....& I did cheat sometimes.....but, I finally did it. You are all doing so well........I just wish I could walk, or swim, or do something, for some exercise. Oh well, guess my fingers will stay slim from typing.:D

Fatpuss.....thinking of you & kitty.

Gonna go try to rest a little. Take care...& all have a good Sunday.http://www.agifs.hpg.ig.com.br/casais/casal55.gif

Loodie
11-16-2003, 11:12 AM
I only have a little time before church, so will make this quick. Charlotte, last time I was at the Rheumatologist (mine is a teacher for Rheumatologist wanna-bes), he was telling me that a new study had been released that showed that while methodrexate & enbrel both, by themselves, reduce the amount of joint damage, that when taking them together, it not only stops the joint damage, but also starts to heal the joints. Now I think Remicade & Enbrel are in the same category. Hang in there with the meth. I used Cortozone 10 on my rash spots & worked well. Everytime I get discouraged about what I can't do (like yesterday shopping with Hubby--really painful). I remember the days when I would have to call in to work sick because my feet were so swollen & hurt so bad, I couldn't even walk on them--much less put on shoes & when my hands swelled up so that I couldn't shut my fingers much-couldn't hold a pen-couldn't hold a fork. It is at times like that, that I thank God for giving drs. who know what I need to take to feel better & lead a somewhat normal life. I also switched the timing of the enbrel shots so that my 4 day stretch was on the weekend, not at work. I'm a Systems Analyst with a large insurance company & work with smaller companies that we have purchased to retire their I.T. departments & move the data to the central corporate one for processing & reporting.

I'm out of time, I'll write more later.

willow_1
11-16-2003, 11:49 PM
I didn't get my carpet shampooed after all. Oh well, all in due time.

My 5-year old grandson stayed overnight last night, so I was kept busy.

I didn't have such a good weekend with foods. I stayed off carbs, but I had too much of other things, I think.

I have a bunch of those mini quiches made up and frozen, so that's what I'll have for my breakfasts this next 2 weeks. It saves time. I've also got several different kinds of soups made up so I'll have soup each day for lunch. Something warm now that it's getting colder out.
I grilled up some marinated chicken breasts tonight to throw into a salad or have with veggies for my suppers, and that will save time too.
It's usually 6:30 by the time I get home from the pool and we have to have our lunch at 11 AM, so I'm usually very hungry by the time I get home. Maybe I'll start taking a cheese stick along to have between work and the pool to tide me over.

Tonight I had a stuffed tenderized pork chop and a sweet potato for supper with a lettuce and tomato salad with light creamy Italian dressing, and it was so so good.

I got my laundry done this afternoon and I've just been lazy since then. I went out shopping for a while hoping that would perk me up, but, I'm still tired.
Guess I'll go to bed earlier tonight. I want to ride my exercise bike for a half hour and walk on my treadmill (or TRY to) for 15 minutes tomorrow morning, so the earlier I get to bed and to sleep, the more energy I'll have in the morning.

Charlotte, it really is a shame you can't get to a pool someplace and move in the water. It is so very relaxing, and that hot tub is so wondertful on the muscles.

I haven't been in the pool since Thursday, and I'm just as broken out tonight as I was then!
I bought a couple different kinds of lotion today. Maybe that will help. I got some Aveeno and some gold Bond, and a couple other ones. One is the equivalent to vaseline intensive care. We'll see. I certainly don't want to give up swimming because of that. I never broke out like this from chlorine before.

Hi Loodie! I hope your Sunday went well.
To hear yours and Charlottes descriptions of what all you have been through with the RA, I just can't imagine being as upbeat as you two are.

Hello Sheila, Puss, Sunny, Jacquie, Sue, Connie, Bonnie, and anyone else reading this. Post soon!

Everybody have a great evening.

SunnyD57
01-07-2004, 11:02 AM
Hi Everyone!

I sure do hope you all will be able to find your way!

I have been trying for a long time to get back to you all to post again. Joe just went back to work after a long vacation and I am trying to catch up...

I will be back later...
Hope that you all find your way around!

Loves,
:sunny: SunnyD

Sheila53
01-07-2004, 12:45 PM
Well, I'm glad that we're back up and running, and I hope that everyone can find their way back to us. I think I'll start a new thread in Support Groups because we'd moved there recently.

Sheila53
01-07-2004, 01:03 PM
I started a #10 thread over on Support Groups. I don't know where you guys want to be, but I assumed that 3FC would want us back there eventually.

SunnyD57
01-07-2004, 01:17 PM
Here's a LINK for you :)

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?threadid=34646