Closed Thread

Old 11-05-2003, 10:38 AM   #1  

Question Where does everyone lose weight first?

I was just wondering where everyone typically loses weight at first?

I've noticed that my top half has been shrinking faster. And unfortunately the one part of my body that I don't care if it shrinks or not is the first to get reduced : my chest.

Anyway, is this typical for anyone else? And where else do you (anyone) find that you lose weight first (or lost for that matter)?
Old 11-05-2003, 11:46 AM   #2  
Old Cackler

here's an observation... it might be a gravity thing. everything heads south over time. my top is 2 sizes smaller than my bottom, and that middle is still where my excess weight is.
Old 11-05-2003, 12:41 PM   #3  
Searching

1st my face and neck, then my chest, the whole time my legs will be rapidly shrinking to nothing. More muscles please! Weightlifting rules for the best in chest.
Old 11-05-2003, 12:50 PM   #4  
beautiful

i/ve noticed that my boobs are always the first thing to come and go..
Old 11-05-2003, 01:25 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 261/158/below 160

Height: 5'8" (Dang, I shrank an inch!)

Used to lose boobage first, but for some reason this time around I've lost a lot in my face, and, thankfully, quite a bit in my battleship hips. Unfortunately, my thighs will need liposuction to ever get down to where I'd like them to be no matter what I weigh. Just a roll of the genetic dice, I guess!
Old 11-05-2003, 01:53 PM   #6  
Crazy Canuck

With me it's my hands and face - it killed me when I'd lost about 75lbs and saw an aunt for the first time since I started losing. My mother said "Hasn't Jill lost a lot of weight?" and auntie said "Oh yes, you can really see it in her fingers". Heck, I know I had fat fingers, but I'm hoping the whole 75lbs didn't come off them!
Old 11-05-2003, 03:35 PM   #7  

My face and boobs are what shrunk first. It seemed that my tummy was going to stay the same forever and everything else was going to shrink away to nothing. But it is evening out a little more now. Just wished the skin would catch up. At this rate next summer i AM going to look like and elderly basset hound.
Old 11-05-2003, 05:02 PM   #8  

Most of the weight came off my face, hands and wrists (truly!) at first. Then my chest start to ssssshrrrriiiink too. My waist size diminished some recently. It's too bad that we don't get to select which body parts shrink when we lose weight. I pick my belly and thighs!! Ah well, I'm sure that it will all catch up and even out eventually!
Old 11-05-2003, 06:04 PM   #9  

It came off my face and chest first and then it all just kinda settled in the middle! My legs aren't too bad either, its just my tummy that is still the biggest problem area.

Beverly
Old 11-06-2003, 03:17 AM   #10  
Beauty, Brawn and Brains!

S/C/G: 298(O)/268.2(RS)/247.9.0/175.0

Height: 5'9''

I WISH IT CAME OFF MY BOOBS! These stubborn things are here to stay.

I lose it off my hips and waist first which is funny since that's my biggest part. I have great legs. I wish it would come off my arms too.
Old 11-06-2003, 12:39 PM   #11  
~ Berry Happy ~

For me when I lose weight - I notice it in my face and neck first.

Then I can notice around my mid section, because since losing the 40 lbs - my stomache looks and feels smaller, but hangs down a little more from the excess skin.

I noticed absolutly no change in my chest, arms, or legs.

~ Kari Berry ~
Old 11-08-2003, 06:28 PM   #12  
Future marathon runner

S/C/G: 310/185/Where my body takes me

Height: 5'8"

I lose it first in my stomach and my back (whole middle area lol). The last place I lose it from is my arms, and I hate that cause I hate my arms!!!
Old 11-08-2003, 07:12 PM   #13  

Everyone keeps telling me my face is so much thinner...I guess it would be rude to say "your a$$ isn't as fat anymore!" I didn't lose fifty two pounds from my face!

I think I lost in my face and torso first. My thighs are the worst spot-I despair of ever having decent thighs again. My stomach is pretty gross, but my son weighed ten pounds and it will never be the same again anyway.

Sherry
Old 11-08-2003, 07:17 PM   #14  

Sherry, boy can I relate to that!! After all my pregnancies, there is just no hope for some areas of my body.

I don't know where I lose it first, but I can definitely tell that I lose it last from my stomach and thighs.
Old 11-09-2003, 03:35 PM   #15  
missaprylj

My collar bones/chest/shoulders.... which is weird. LOL. I'll tell ya again in 20 lbs.

Closed Thread