Closed Thread

Old 11-05-2003, 09:36 AM   #1  
Thursday Lady

Talking Thursday Chatters-waiting for Turkey Day

Greetings to all Chatters .

If you are new here, please come in and stay!

How is everyone doing today?
I can't seem to get rid of this flu-type cold. I felt so good on Monday that I worked in the yard half the day. Yesterday, I woke up feeling like major YUCK.
I took my mother for a blood test---that's always loads of fun--not--because her mood can change and she can be very antagonistic.
Today, I'm going to take it easy and sew!!!
Yes, I found a good and easy pattern and some fabric.
Now, I'll have something to wear while I'm losing inches on these hips.

Let's talk.
Tina
Old 11-05-2003, 03:15 PM   #2  
Sis

S/C/G: 306highest/281/265.5/180

Height: 5' 5"

Tina, sorry to hear you're not feeling well. I hope you feel better soon.
I know what you mean with your mom. Mine is better than she was but still feels angry that she can't do what she use to. Never will again, unfortunately. She is slowly adjusting to those facts but it's not easy. Her memory is not what it use to be either but I guess in some ways thats to be expected. Hope things get better for you. Have a great day...Sis
Old 11-05-2003, 08:39 PM   #3  
Susan

Howdy,

Tina, hope you feel better soon. Have you gone to the dr.? Mty students have been sick alot lately. Pat's sick and has been home 3 days. Whatcha makin?

Sis, I'm glad that you had a great time on your trip. I love to hike!

I just can't find anything to eat that will satisfy me. I what everything!!! I have to get the 1.4 off. It's what I gained this week. I want to be down sooooo BADLY!!! I'm ready to see some major progress.

Have a great week. Thanks for starting the new thread.
Old 11-05-2003, 10:11 PM   #4  
Thursday Lady

Hi all,
I didn't go to the doctor, I just called the office and they sent me some antibiotics. Something like the flu has been going all around town.
I didn't feel like sewing today, afterall. I'm going to make something like a shirtwaist dress. I also have a pattern for a jumper that has a big, long skirt. I need things to get over my hips right now.
Good news. I stayed OP all day and even ate below my points. I needed to do that to jump start.
Old 11-07-2003, 01:08 AM   #5  
Thursday Team

Hello everyone!

I'm not new here, but it's been like ages since I posted. I occasionally read the thread (out of habit I suppose) and just decided to post again. I see alot of familiar names still here.

Tina, I hope you are feeling better since starting your antibiotics. It's never fun to be sick.
Susan, you should see those pounds drop off the next time you weigh, just hang in there!

Hmm here's a breif update on what I have (or have not) been doing. Still attempting to lose weight, but not getting too far. I start out in the mornings with the mind set of "Im going to do this today" but by late afternoon, evening I've forgotten to follow thru.... which is what I have to work on. I have however joined "curves" some days it seems easy to do the work out, and other days I feel like 2 machines are my limit I did the weigh in thing today at curves, and it should I had gained 1 lb, but I've lost a little in inches....go figure

Well not much else to say.... hope everyone has a great day tomorrow and the weekend.....Dee
Old 11-07-2003, 09:58 AM   #6  
Thursday Lady

Talking

Welcome back, Dee!!!
Wow, I thought we'd lost you. I am soooooo happy to hear from ya!
How is your daughter doing? How's your weather? The weather map last night showed pretty cold temps up your way.
Joining Curves should give you a push to do the right thing, food-wise. Good luck.

It's Friday and that means ----it's time for Fun
Everyone have a fantastic time-----use those flex points you've been saving up. (I haven't been counting anything this week--oops!)

Tina
Old 11-08-2003, 12:22 AM   #7  
Thursday Team

Thank you Tina....

I hope joining curves will help me out. I joined it like in May, but didn't follow thru too good.....it was just too hot to go after work, and I wanted to go swimming instead silly me. So I recommitted to curves in Oct, but stumbled again on getting there, ended up working alot of extra hours at work. So I re-re-commited to it on Nov 1..... I have been 5 times this month already!!!

My daughter is doing fine, she's enjoying school...4th grade now. She likes her teacher, and she's getting most of her work done in class...very little homework this year.........

So what fun things does anyone have planned for the weekend? I'm just gonna snuggle into a blanket and watch some TV tonight as it's getting colder and colder... down to 34 right now ....brrrr

Dee
Old 11-08-2003, 09:28 AM   #8  
Thursday Lady

Hi all,
It's actually cool here today, in the 50's. Brrr....

Dee asked what we were all doing this weekend.
We are going to one of the office stores and buy a chair to go with out new computer. We have never had a real computer chair. We've always used a folding chair, which isn't too great.
With this new monitor, we've got to get something.
So........that's our big deal for the day. Oh no it's not---tonight we're going out to eat Mexican food. Our favorite place is celebrating their anniversary with $1 off all enchillada dinners. The chicken ones are "to die for."
Old 11-08-2003, 01:03 PM   #9  

Yummy to the Mexican food! If you are still feeling bad, Mexican food will cure it!!

Welcome back Dee! I joined Curves last November. It really is a neat place. I lost about 18 inches, but I wasn't real faithful about going. I'm not renewing my membership because of the $$ right now and the time. If it was closer, I'd probably renew.

No big plans this weekend. I've been doing laundry today, writing checks, doing some cleaning, and I need to work on school stuff. I like to have Sundays free if possible, so I try to get as much done as I can on Saturday.

Right now, I'm sleepy. I may go curl up in the chair with the dog. Bob's at work, and Tim is with the driving instructor. He'll be back in an hour, then he'll be going out with the mower to sweep leaves and take them out to the road. The other night he did 18 loads and it didn't look like the yard had been touched!! Too many trees in this yard. Have to blame my dad for that because he planted most of them. Silly man!!! lol
Old 11-08-2003, 01:10 PM   #10  
Susan

Hi Ya'll,

I wondered why no one posted until I looked and it was ME!!! I had forgotten to subscribe to the new thread. Silly me!!!

Tina, Glad you are feeling better. Enchillada dinner - YUM!!!

Dee, Welcome back Girl!!! We've missed you!!! Glad you are doing well. It's great that your daughter is having a good year.

Well, I'm treating myself to a massage this afternoon. My neck and back have been tight so I thought I'd go for it at the massage school here in town. I've never been there. The magic time is 2:30.

It's been a weird week. I love our weather - cool in the 40's. The special ed. director for my school district died Wed. night. Don't know what from, she was 53. Pat's been sick ALL week. My food has not been great this week!!! So I plan to really concentrate on it today and this coming week. Now as for exercise, I HAVE TO DO SOMETHING!!!

Ya'll have a good one!
Old 11-08-2003, 01:13 PM   #11  
Susan

Tammy,

I was writing as you were posting. Wow, I wish we had some big trees. I can tell you I would hate to rake the leaves.

I'm also thinking about dropping my membership at Curves. I havent' gone except once since school started. I may check out this other place. In all honesty, I need to make myself go back!!!!

Sleeping in a nice chair sounds great. It's one of those days. I have SOOOOO many papers to grade that I would rather rake leaves than grade!!! I'm off to find something else to do than grade. I know you know the feeling.
Old 11-08-2003, 02:53 PM   #12  
Thursday Lady

A massage, WOW! I have never had one but it sounds great. When my muscles tense up, I just go stand in the shower for a long time. I come out pink and pruney-looking.

We ordered our computer chair. Yea!!!!! We looked at two places before finding one we both liked. Of course, they were out and we had to order it. That's okay.

I am feeling lots better now, thank everyone for caring.
I'm still not completely over it. This bug just doesn't want to let go. I have to get over it before I can get a flu shot.

I will eat extra chips and salsa for everyone tonight. Wouldn't it be fun for all of us to be together! I know of some groups that have done that. Of course, I think most of the group lived in the same area of the country. Oh well, maybe some day we can.

Have a good rest of the weekend,
Tina
Old 11-08-2003, 02:55 PM   #13  
Thursday Lady

Susan, when one of our threads starts again, my computer automatically subscribes to it. Maybe you don't have something "checked."
Old 11-08-2003, 02:55 PM   #14  

Kramer and I napped for a while in the chair. It was nice. Tim hasn't made it to the yard yet. He's been watching a football game since he got home.

I don't have too much school work to do since I did the majority of it last night while everyone was gone. I'm going to go get a meat loaf thrown together for supper, then I think I'll get the school stuff done.

Tonight I have an Emmaus Group activity at the church. It will be interesting because Bob's ex-wife will be attending. She and I have never been the best of buddies. lol
Old 11-08-2003, 03:08 PM   #15  
RNY 3/1/06

Height: 5'2" and shrinking

Hi, I'm back again. I was here a year or so ago and at that time weighed in on Thursday. I got a lot of support from some of you that are still here. I remember the names of Tina, DeeX, Auntie. Alot has happened since I was here last. Moved from WI to OH,
Started new job with old company, Became an empty nest (& loving it). I had a huge weight gain (partially caused by meds) & have lost 27# in a year, but finally joined WW@ Work again to try to get off the next 100#.

I weigh in on Wednesday, but since I see so many familiar names here, I would like to rejoin this group if it is okay.
Closed Thread