Closed Thread

Old 11-04-2003, 10:55 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 302/179/170

Height: 5'6"

Exclamation Chicago...Oprah...Help!!

Ok, remember how i was going to write a letter to oprah telling her about our get-together, complete with pictures??

last week, i worked 62 hours between my two jobs. i barely checked my email, let alone had time to write a letter. i am typing this at 8 am, right before i leave for work.

i am pleading... can anyone volunteer to take over? even more than one person, it could be a group effort!

i feel bad throwing in the towel, but i need to be realistic instead of saying "i'll get to it" and never doing it.

thanks in advance!
Old 11-04-2003, 12:14 PM   #2  

Holly,

I'll be glad to do it if you want. Let me know. I think it's a great idea to let her know how helpful this group has been and that there are some really positive things to come from the internet, since all the negative gets so much attention.
Old 11-04-2003, 12:59 PM   #3  
Long Time Member

Height: 5'6

So let's chat about this. What are we really looking for. Do we want to be on the show..in the audience??

I have to wonder what are the chances that she'll be doing a weight related show on June 25 when we'll be there. And on that note, how many of us are planning on being there early enough to go to a taping of the show on Friday? I guess if we got tickets, we could change our plans. I am assuming that she only tapes Monday - Friday. I could be wrong.

What does everyone think??
Old 11-04-2003, 03:56 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 261/158/below 160

Height: 5'8" (Dang, I shrank an inch!)

I'm wondering if she quits taping for the summer by then, too.

However, I think we should just do it from the standpoint of not even trying to think about tickets or being on the show so much as letting her know about 3FC, how it's helped us, how the internet isn't such a bad thing after all (I don't know about you, but all I ever hear are negative stories), and letting her see photos of everyone and hear our stories and what this 3FC forum has meant for us. Then she (or really her staff) can do whatever they want from there.

From what I heard, getting tickets to her show can take years. And they think up show ideas well in advance (except for the 'breaking news" stories) so either this will strike their fancy for this year or maybe they'll consider it for next year and fly us all in all expenses paid! :-) Personally, I would love to see her do a story on "Internet Weight Loss Support Groups" because these forums are lifesavers and motivators for many.

Just my 2 cents. . .
Old 11-04-2003, 04:06 PM   #5  
Searching

What Sheila said ;-)

Miss Chris
Old 11-04-2003, 09:28 PM   #6  
Crazy Canuck

I agree that it's not likely there's time for a show to be built around us - but submitting a letter explaining the site and showcasing some profiles might be an incentive to consider us for another time. I don't hold out much hope for tickets to the show either since the audience waiting list is so long, but it's certainly worth a try!
Old 11-05-2003, 08:37 PM   #7  
Long Time Member

Height: 5'6

That sounds great!!

Mthrgoose - tell us what you need!!
Old 11-09-2003, 08:52 AM   #8  

Sandi, maybe if I could just get some ideas and thoughts from people about how the support on here has helped them and abuot the friendships they've formed. I can put everything together in a letter for the show.
Old 11-09-2003, 01:07 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 261/158/below 160

Height: 5'8" (Dang, I shrank an inch!)

Is there a way we can send you our stories and our photos so you can put together something? I'd be happy to do that. Would PM work?
Old 11-09-2003, 01:21 PM   #10  

Sounds great. PM me and I'll work on putting it together. We're leaving Tuesday for California for a week, but as soon as I get back I'll put it all together and get it ready.
Old 11-09-2003, 01:46 PM   #11  
it's always something

I think a topic on internet weightloss groups would be an interesting program

If you want to get your group on the show as guests, I don't think it would be difficult, but be prepared for working by their schedule. We've never been asked by Oprah, but we have been invited by a lot of other tv shows, like 20/20, the View, even Sharon Osbourne and others. They always want us asap, though.. Unfortunately, when you have kids and jobs, you can't just drop everything at the drop of a hat and jump on an airplane. We have never ever been allowed to suggest a time that would have been good for us.

If you want to get tickets, go to http://www.oprah.com/tows/program/to...tticks_d.jhtml There is a phone number there to call for details. They may not tape every day of the week. I get the impression they do tapings in the mornings and in the afternoons.

If you get tickets, how about we design a 3fatchicks tshirt for you all to wear!!!
Old 11-10-2003, 10:52 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 302/179/170

Height: 5'6"

suzanne, those are great ideas! thanks for the link, too. =)
Closed Thread