South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 10-31-2003, 05:29 AM   #1  
Mous

Talking Happy Halloween

BOO!

Marcie
Old 10-31-2003, 06:47 AM   #2  

Height: 5'-2"

Happy Halloween!! (I've already broken into the candy, dang it)
Old 10-31-2003, 07:37 AM   #3  
Mous

FYI

Did you know that ONE candy corn has 3.57 calories in it.

ELLIS..........S_T_O_P

NOW! PLEASE!

You have come too far to let that Bag of Devilish temptation WIN.

Go put the bag away, lock it up, freeze it.

LEAVE IT ALONE.

I don't want you to feel bad tomorrow.

Marcie
Old 10-31-2003, 07:54 AM   #4  
Imagine...

Happy Halloween!!!!!

Marcie what a sweet little picture.

Ellis sweetie, live it up dear as tomorrow the party is OVER!!!!
Old 10-31-2003, 08:13 AM   #5  

Sflake, I've already lived.

Marcie, thank you. DH has informed me that we're starting Phase I TODAY! So I've told him he'll be taking the candy to work in the trunk of the car today. I'm pretty sure I can overcome temptation while handing it out tonight.
Old 10-31-2003, 08:22 AM   #6  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Thanks for starting us up, Marcie. You are so ambitious to MAKE Hallowe'en treats! I made ghost cookies way back in my motherhood days.

Yup, today is Hallowe'en and it looks like the weather may cooperate. Would you believe I have not decorated yet? Ah well, I've got a few hours yet. My treats - minus two small bags of chips - are still in the car trunk. Maybe I should dole them out from there.

The dinner party went well last night - eight people and seven bottles of wine! Ahem! They ate too! Folks left just before midnight and I did one load of dishes which certainly cleaned up the kitchen. I also have turkey soup on the go since then. The party was in honour of two guys who have been partners for 15 years. They were very touched. Claire gave them hand-knitted Christmas stockings with their names on them! She is so perfect that I sometimes wonder why I like her.

The Girls decided at 3 AM that terrorists were breaking into the house and raised a real fuss. It was just a racoon in the compost bucket which was put on the back deck! It sure is nice to feel protected! I did go back to sleep until 6:30, thank God.

Besides decorating for tonight, I'll just do a bit of laundry and ironing. (Why do I have real linen napkins and tablecloths!) The Girls and I will definitely walk down for the paper today. I have been very remiss in that.

Nuts! Harry is up and I'm on breakfast duty. By the way, no bizarre behaviour for a while. I think the new meds may be working. Thanks to all of you for your good throughts and prayers.

Happy TGIF!
Old 10-31-2003, 08:25 AM   #7  
Imagine...

OK that's it 8 people 7 bottles of wine I'm coming to Canada for Ruths next party
Old 10-31-2003, 08:31 AM   #8  

Ruth actually put away three bottles on her own, so it's no big deal, Sflake.

Ruthie, so glad that Harry is "behaving well".
Old 10-31-2003, 08:49 AM   #9  
GARDENING ADDICT

HAPPY HALLOWEEN

These look like talking pumpkins, to me~lol.

Marcie~~I hope you have a wonderful night handing out the treats that you made.

Ruth~~It seems that H is getting alittle better each day. That is so fantastic.

Ellis~~I have instructed my DH that next year he is NOT to buy the candy weeks before Halloween. If he chooses to indulge weeks before, then he needs to hide it from me.
I have willpower but it only goes so far. It is very difficult to be in the house 5 days a week and see the candy staring at me~and it calls my name, too! So, I have also been bad, but it ends tonight.

RW~~Each morning and evening I check out the San Diego Union online newspaper to get updates on those horrible fires. The gallery pics are so sad.
When I was little, I live in the San Gabriel Valley (Covina) and we used to go to Big Bear all the time. I remember once that there was a fire in that area, and for days we had ashes floating down in our yard. Sending rain vibes your way :

I am very sore this morning, from the exercising this week, but I'm not going to let it stop me . I plan on an hour of free- weights and exercise bike this morning.

We haven't used our hot tub for a few years now,but both DH and myself have alittle arthritis and with the cold weather approaching, I want to get it running again. I started to clean it yesterday and need to clean out the jets today and see if the thing still runs. Other that that, just some house cleaning and laundry, etc.

Last edited by 2BFIT1; 10-31-2003 at 09:04 AM.
Old 10-31-2003, 10:44 AM   #10  

Doing some much needed dusting today...Oklahoma is sooo dry. the dust in the house is terrible...and my dog-children bring more in. There hay-fever is still really bad but, made better by the steroids they are on. I am praying for one good frost so I can take them off of them. I am dedicated to having an op day today...no mess ups!!! Phase 2 seems harder to me than phase 1.
Old 10-31-2003, 11:09 AM   #11  
Cookin' With A Vengeance!

HAPPY HALLOWEEN EVERYONE!!! This is my FAVORITE holiday!!!

I've been in the candy too (sob) but TOMORROW I am back on the beach with a vengeance!!!!!
Old 10-31-2003, 10:19 PM   #12  
Member Florida Chick

Another benefit of a retirement park: We don't have Trick or Treaters, so there is no need to buy candy, and so no temptation. Except for my DH who came home with a bag of Hershey Dark Chocolate Sugar Free Low carb bars.
so that wan't too bad, but then I discovered tucked way back in the cupboard another bag of Hershey nuggets with almonds.

7 bottles of wine, eh? and I have been wanting wine and piano music every night. I never seem to make it for coffee in the a.m.

Ruth: So glad that Harry is doing better. What a relief for you. Every day seems to be bringing improvement.

Have a great weekend everyone. Lizzie
Old 11-01-2003, 08:08 AM   #13  
Imagine...

Lizzie sweetie what in the world are you doing rooting around in the back of the cupboard? STAY OUT!
Old 11-01-2003, 10:50 AM   #14  
Work in Progress

I al very allergic to coconut, so the little critters got Almond Joy......if I eat it I will die, that concept works for me, I don't eat them.
Closed Thread