Weight Loss Support - 300+ And Ready To Try Again....#422

thinthinker
10-05-2003, 05:55 PM
God Bless America!

We want to invite everyone to join us in our journey.
We share laughter and tears.
We share what works for us and what doesn't.
We recently started a Topic of the Day.

Monday........Motivation Monday
Tuesday.......Tuesday Tips
Wednesday.....Wednesday Weigh ins
Thursday......Thankful Thursday
Friday........Friday Facials, Fingernails and Fun
Saturday.......Sit-up Saturdays - any physical activity
Sunday.........Soup and Salad Sunday - recipes

We chat on Wednesday and Sunday at 8:30 EST, 7:30 CST.

These are not required topics ...just ideas to share. We have found them very helpful. We also share heartaches and fears...joys and celebrations.

MichelleK
10-05-2003, 07:27 PM
Just a quickie here! Has anyone read Dr. Phil's new book? I just bought it about an hour ago. I am going to sit down and read a bit after dinner. We are having lobster stuffed salmon pinwheels. They just looked so good I figured why not? And also a baked sweet potato! I love them!

I'll try and make chat tonight...no guarantee though! I have to give Andrew a bath, get clothes ready for tomorrow and fix lunches.

TTFN Michelle

peekabooangel
10-05-2003, 07:34 PM
:wave: Hey there everyone. Hope everyones Sunday was a good one.

Michelle: I have "The Book" and am still reading. I am taking it slow so it all sinks in and I am learning about myself in the process. I know sounds odd that at 33 (ok almost 34) I am still learning about myself, but guess not, cause I am not alone. Guess we tend to put ourselves on the back burner. Now I have to retrain myself all over again.

Thanks for the soup recipes that were posted, I love soups and those sound easy, I like easy......I am saving them and gonna make one this week, I am thinking the chili one and taking it for lunch to work. I too like Thin use the crumbles.

Will try to pop in to chat....

Sandy

QueenB
10-05-2003, 07:59 PM
I THINK..... but do not quote me, that we talked about having chat on Sundays here while back because everyone is out and about on Saturday night and Sundays just seemed to be a little bit easier.

Lord knows I shouldn't even have a say in the matter because I can never seem to make it into chat anyways. :rolleyes: It seems like I'm usually home and glance at the clock (somewhere around 9:00 or later) and think, "Dang.... I missed chat!" :lol:

I'm not sure how much the scale will like me this week because I managed to gleefully eat all of my Flex points, but we'll see. I have also exercised four days this week too. 1 mile, 2 mile (twice) and 3 mile WATP and I may add in another 1 mile tonight, not sure yet though. AND.... even though I want a nice loss this week, I'll not pitch a fit if I don't get it. My reward is that no matter what it says..... I KNOW that I ate what I was supposed to. I KNOW that I drank my water and I know that when this big butt could have been sitting on the couch, it was up exercising with Leslie Sanson. THAT is a victory within itself. :strong:

I'm planning on sending a note or making a phone call to Trey's teacher and you guys will have to pray for me to have patience. One day last week, apparently she thought his desk was messy and she dumped it on him. What I mean when I use the word "dumped" is that as he was going through some papers in his desk, she just came up and lifted up one end of the desk and dumped all it's contents onto him and the floor. Now.....granted, she did ask him to clean it the day before. Granted, he can be messy. Granted......he should have cleaned it. HOWEVER, he didn't learn a single thing by having his desk dumped on him and I am super pissed off about it. :mad: I can just imagine his surprise and embarassment when she dumped all the contents of his desk on top of him and all over the floor. Everytime I think of it, I get boiling mad.

At first, part of me wanted to storm up there and give her what for. But then.... I thought about it and thought.... "Geez, it's barely the beginning of the year. I'd hate for her to make his life a living **** the rest of the year because his Mom came up there and blessed her out." So, I thought I'd just let it go. But the more I think about it...... I just can't. Everyone that I have talked to just thinks it is unacceptable to treat a child like that and I am inclined to agree.....especially since it's MINE. What do you guys think?

On that note, I'm gonna hop off of here and fix me something to eat before it gets too late. I love you all and I hope you have a super OP day!! :grouphug:

Grannie39074
10-05-2003, 08:16 PM
Chat at 7:30 hope to be there

peekabooangel
10-05-2003, 08:25 PM
Hey Momma Bear.....a/k/a Tina.....a/k/a.QueenB.....you go get that witch of a teacher!!!! She should definatly not have embarrassed the boy that way. I would be :mad: too!!!! I think you have every right to be mad.

Love,
Sandy

thinthinker
10-05-2003, 09:59 PM
Ok, Tina: I'm going to weigh in here (and not on a scale) on the issue of the desk dumping. After all, you asked what we think. Geez, one of these days you'll figure out that when you ask, I tell. ;)

I think you need to ask yourself if YOU are more upset than TREY is. I know, I know, it's hard to be a mom. Lord knows I've been through those years TWICE. But IF Trey knew that the consequence for a messy desk, that is not cleaned up after being asked to do so the day before, is to have it dumped....then I have no problem with teaching kids there is a consequence to their actions. (albeit, I wouldn't necessarily choose 'desk dumping' any more than I would throw all of his stuff out on the front lawn because he didn't clean his room) But...if that is what the teacher has set up as a consequence, then maybe he learned more than he's letting on to you that he did. Sure, he's embarassed by being made a spectacle of, but if it was THE consequence for the action, then he'll get over it, particularly if he sees it happen to others in the class throughout the year.

You know me, Tina, I'm pretty opinionated, so take this for whatever it's worth (I know, you're saying NOT MUCH right now) but sometimes I think we overprotect our kids.

I went to a STEP (Systematic Training for Effective Parenting) class when the boys were in like 3rd and 5th grade maybe. And the one thing that has stuck with me all these years is the difference between a GOOD mom and a GREAT mom. The example that was used was forgetting homework. The GOOD mom, when called by her little one to bring the homework to school would run right up there for the kid and bring it to her. The GREAT mom, having received the same phone call, would calmly explain to the child that there are consequences for their forgetfulness, that she was sorry that she couldn't drop everything and run the homework to school and that next time they would remember their homework.

Let me tell you, I think THAT was a harder lesson for me that it ever was for my boys. Our motherly instincts tell us to run and bail our kids out.....no matter what.....no matter what we have to give up to do so. It's a tough one. [[[hugs]]] to you, no matter what you do in this situation.

Grannie39074
10-05-2003, 10:21 PM
Spicy Apple Bundt Cake
1 box spice cake mix
1 can apple pie filling --21 oz
1 large egg
2 egg whites
Preheat oven 350
Spray bundt pan with nonstick spray
Mix cake mix pie filling and eggs till blended
pour in bundt pan. bake 40-45 minutes
cool in pan 20 minutes
remove from pan cool dust with powdered sugar

18 servings at 3 points each

thinthinker
10-05-2003, 10:59 PM
Ok, you guys. I guess I was way off on the Chili recipe. It makes 6 servings and is 3 WW points per serving. I'm going back to edit my post of it so that anyone that hasn't read it yet, it will be changed and correct. If you've already copied it, please change the points. I'm really sorry.

2cute2Bfat
10-06-2003, 02:12 AM
Hi guys :wave: I am still alive.
I have struggled to stay awake while reading all the posts I missed.
I have tried but kept falling asleep.. not because the posts were boring... but rather because I am WORN OUT !!!
Two days of preparing for the garage sale... then 2 days of up at 6am and working hard at the sale until dark. I made a lot more money than I expected and very happy about that.
Then today we got up early and went to Missouri for my husbands yearly family reunion. It was good.... but also sad.
Last year at this reunion I was OH SO GOOD at staying on plan. I just KNEW that this year I would be 100 lbs lighter.
Well guess what.... I AM NOT !!!!! ANOTHER YEAR gone by and STILL FAT !!!!

Okay... that said... tomorrow is a new day. :)
Well... actually ... today since it is after midnight. LOL
I am off to bed. I love you all and missed everyone.
I will try to catch up tomorrow.

j-ann
10-06-2003, 08:20 AM
Mornin' Ladies,

Over slept this morning and just slid into the office so just want you all to know I'm still here and had an OP weekend.

TINA: I'm with Thin on this one. My Mom was the type who would ask twice that I pick up my room. If it didn't get done I'd come home from school and find the junk piled up in the doorway with a broom and mop close at hand and a note that said "Whatever your plans are, they off, until this room is clean! You were warned." I'd be pissed but you can bet she stuck to her guns and the room would be clean before I went back downstairs. If my friends came over they were sent on their way after being told that I had chores I hadn't completed. Guess what ... it only took about three times before I learned to keep that room clean and it didn't scar me for life. (Except that I DO keep a pretty clean, not spic and span, house.;) )

pjkdreamer
10-06-2003, 09:38 AM
Morning Girlies,

I just wanted to say hello, and I will check in with you later this afternoon. Finally!!! getting my car fixed, my sister is loaning me the (almost 800.00!!! ugh!!), and I agreed to pay her back in payments, isn't she the sweetest???? I would never have all of it at once...but, I will have wheels again soon!!!:)

Later chickadees! Have a healthful day!:wave:

qsilver
10-06-2003, 11:09 AM
Hey everyone :)

Just stopped in to read and then run off again. That yucky feeling yesterday has turned out to be some sort of virus. I'm achy all over still, but beginning to feel a little more human. My article is still about 200 words from the finish line. It is so hard to write with the screen swimming in front of your eyes.
I'm debating whether to go in to my jobs or not today. There is important stuff to do at both of them. We'll have to see how I feel in two hours. :(

Andria

thinthinker
10-06-2003, 12:29 PM
Hello everyone! :wave: I have come to confess. I was a terribly bad girl on the eatting front this past week. I bought Halloween candy, I know, way too early, and decided that one candy bar wasn't enough, and two certainly wouldn't do, :nono: and before you know it the whole bag was gone. :(

Well, of course one bag wasn't enough, :nono: so there went a second bag. :eek: And since I had already blown it, why not go for a third? Well, yup, you guessed it, there went the third. :T

I was so upset with myself this morning because I had 3 weeks of losses at WI (not Wisconsin) and I just didn't want to give that streak up. Geez, you'd think I would have thought of that earlier in the week when I was :ink: pigging :ink: out on the chocolate, but I didn't.

Anyway, I kept thinking, "I just won't go this week and do really well and then next week I'll have a loss and I'll be fine." Then I thought, "ok, I'll go to the meeting and hope no one notices that I'm not weighing in and I'll just be there for the meeting."

And then it hit me, I always weigh with my tennis shoes on. Always have from the very beginning. I'll take my tennies off this morning and then maybe I'll still show a loss! OMG, I was willing to cheat :nose: in order to have a loss! How pathetic is that????

So I got to the meeting and I walked up to the scale and I took off my shoes and I weighed in. And guess what? I was down 2 pounds! Well, now I'm feeling guilty as **** because I didn't deserve to be down 2 pounds so I put my shoes on the scale and asked the girl to weigh them. She told me they weighed 1 3/4 pounds.

So guess what I did? Yup, you guessed it. I told her to ADD 1 3/4 pounds to my WI sheet, which still put me at 1/4 pound down this week and now I'm a happy little camper! And I was honest in the end. :yes: I guess I figured out that I was only cheating myself. But honestly, if I wouldn't have shown any loss, I'm not sure I would have added that back on. It's all a head game, isn't it?

I will behave better this week, I promise. I'm putting all that chocolate up in the garage so that it won't call to me anymore. :yes:

I'll try and track you all down later. Love :love: ya bunches!

peekabooangel
10-06-2003, 03:33 PM
"Wow" hear the wisdom from Thin and J-ann. I guess you two really make sence, but I still let the momma bear in me get the best of me most times. I just want to protect my little babies, which I know Tina does too. We hate for them to feel any pain or embarassment or anything as much as we know that is part of growing up. Oh being a mom sure is hard. I did like the sounds of your class you took Thin, our local schools and the child center offer parenting classes, I always thought they were for bad parents to take, maybe I should look into it, guess I can always learn things. Thanks for the heads up.

Potatoe soup: Thin, I made yours with some adjustments to what I found at my local store.

I used the store brand hashbrowns, it was a huge bag said 10 servings....then I added one can of Fat free chix broth and 2 cans of water to cover the browns....then I added a dash of chix boullion. Then they had the regular flavor country gravy or the sausage country gravy and would you believe that the sausage one had less fat and calories???? anyway I bought that one and added it and what a flavor....and the way I figured mine was I added it all up that was in the pot and then divided by what I figured would be 6 good ole big servings of soup and it came out to 3 pts....and wow it is soooooo goood. Thanks for the start of the recipe. Never thought I would like potatoe soup. And I would have never thought of using hash browns for it.

Today is WI day and I ended up gaining a pound??? I went out Saturday night to the Olive Garden and used all my flex pts and a few more, guess it put me over or the salt is still in my system? Anyway, I'm not gonna fret about it, it will be gone in a day or two.

Well gotta run....
Hugs to all,
Sandy

dixiedarlin
10-06-2003, 04:02 PM
Hi ladies.

Came in to catch up on the threads for a few minutes. I'm running errands today and am going to walk around town to pay my bills. This was a part of my routine before my surgery and now it's time to park the car and start walking again.

Pam - I am eating crow as Auburn beat Tenn this weekend.

Tina - I don't have kids but I will comment that I think Trey's teacher could find a better way to get her message across. It is not nice to purposely embarrass people, young or old. I still remember teachers and kids that would embarrass me on purpose when I was in school. Maybe she was having a bad day? I think you should speak with the teacher about the situation, just wait until you can do it calmly. Let her know your feelings and give her a chance to tell her side of the story (there are always two sides you know).

Joanne - so sorry to hear about your grandmother. Hope you are okay.

I'm about out of time here, so gotta run. I'm sorry for causing confusion about the Sat-Sun chat, I didn't even see that when I started the new thread. :sorry:

QueenB
10-06-2003, 05:38 PM
First of all...... I want to thank those of you that responded to my post with advice. I KNOW I can always count on you guys (especially Thin) for opinions. Also.... I do NOT mean that last comment as a negative thing. That is one of the reasons why I :love: Thin so much, is because she tells me exactly the way it is and makes me see things that sometimes you just don't see because you let emotions color your thoughts and feelings. :rolleyes:

Having said that, I still don't know whether I will talk with his teacher or not. I've understood from the beginning that he WAS told to clean his desk to begin with. He told me that the problem was, that he didn't know when he was supposed to clean it. She didn't tell him a specific time and he said that his day was full of activities and he didn't want to get into further trouble by cleaning it when he was supposed to be doing something else. I asked him if she had dumped anyone else's desk so far and he said no, that she had threatened a couple of times, but that she had never done it. Part of me DOES understand that it may be one of her consequences for not doing what she asks......however I just feel there are better ways to get a child's attention. I mean, she could have taken away something fun from him, made him write sentences.....something like that. I just don't think a child can learn anything from being embarassed. Yeah, he DID learn to keep his desk neat, but at what cost? School is hard enough anyways, especially at his age and being overweight certainly doesn't help......then having all your belongings dumped out in front of the whole class...was just harsh in my opinion. Anyways...... I'm still thinking it over.
Thanks again for all your opinions.

Thin: Hey lovely lady..... Thank you for your opinions on the matter... I can always count on you to make me look at the other side. Also, what an inspiration you are to me. Even though you most certainly expected a gain after eating all that candy and then to even make them weigh you with shoes and still showing a loss? Geeez, maybe I should try the candy diet too? :lol: One HAS to wonder though.....if you did that well eating the candy, wonder what you would have lost if you hadn't of eaten it? :chin: Nevertheless, a HUGE victory for you and definite inspiration for us!

Mary: Thanks for the Apple Bundt cake recipe! It sounds yummy! :T

2cute: Sounds like you have been super busy lately and we sure have been missing you around here. Uh.....by the way, were you OH SO GOOD at this year's reunion? I know, leave it up to me to ask the tough questions. ;) I was just wondering since you didn't say whether you were or not. And by the way..... yes, another year has went by and you may still be overweight, but you are still trying and I think that says something, don't you? I'd rather fall down a hundred times and get up and try again than to just lay there and give in, wouldn't you?

J-ann: Thanks for your input too. I really appreciate it. I have to say..... I sound abit like your mother when it comes to the boys keeping their room clean. Trey has sat in his room all day before because he wasn't allowed out until it was clean and he is doing MUCH better. Once he realizes I'm not letting him out of the house until it's done, he gets right on it! :lol:

Pam: Good for you for getting your wheels back! How nice it was of your sister to loan you the $$ too. Good for you!

Andria: SO sorry you've been feeling icky. I absolutely hate having a virus. They can absolutely drain you and make you feel......well for lack of a better word, YUCK. I've been worrying and wondering about you and whether you went into work. I know you have responsibilies....but you have to take care of YOU sometimes too. {{{hugs}}}

Sandy: Leave it to you to mirror my feelings sweetpea..... I just KNEW you would react the same way I did because we are so much alike. It is hard to look at the other side sometimes.....but sometimes we have to do it. Thanks for posting what you added to the potato soup recipe.... it sounds really :T. By the way..... don't worry about that little pound. I'm sure you are perfectly right.....it was the salt and it will be gone in a couple of days. Good for you for keeping your head on straight!

Connie: Sounds like you have a really good idea there...... walking around town to pay your bills. I wish I was able to do something like that. Not only are you getting in your exercise, but you're taking care of those pesky bills at the same time! AND.... don't you be eatin no crow girl! Auburn just got LUCKY! If stupid Clausen hadn't of thrown that interception, I just know we would have won! One loss this year isn't so bad, we'll get em next week! Go VOLS!!

Michelle: I haven't read Dr. Phil's book yet, but a friend of mine bought it and I am definitely going to borrow it from her. I taped the show today and plan on watching it later. Those lobster stuffed salmon pinwheels sound so good..... how were they? BY THE WAY..... I haven't had a good long post from you in awhile and I've been missing you. (Nothing like a good guilt post huh?) Also... how is WW? You are still going, aren't you? :drill:

Ok..... I've replied to everyoen on the thread so far and I feel complete with that. Hello to everyone else and know that I love you all. I'll be going to WI later tonight so keep your fingers :crossed:

Last but not least...... here's a recipe that I got off another site I visit and everyone has given them rave reviews!

Slimfast Cupcakes

One chocolate cake mix (I used Ducan Hines Double Chocolatey)
One can chocolate Slim Fast (I used double fudge)

Mix ingredients together and add half a can of water. Mix until contents are well mixed and no lumps are present. Bake according to package directions for cupcakes. It makes about 18 and they are 2 points a piece.

Enjoy with a dollop of cool whip free on top or even take the top off, put it inside, and put the top back on and they taste like DING DONGS!!!

They are to die for!!!!

Like I said, several people on the site have tried them and say they are absolutely awesome and how can you go wrong with only two points?!

Thin, let me know how they are because I know you'll probably be the first to make them! :lol:

thinthinker
10-06-2003, 06:45 PM
'Afternoon all! :wave:

Tina, honey, you are too bad for words! :lol: "Thin, let me know how they are because I know you'll probably be the first to make them!" What? Who? Me? :D And...."I KNOW I can always count on you guys (especially Thin) for opinions." What? Who? Me? ;) I told you guys long ago, if you don't want an opinion, don't ask for one. I gave you all fair warning! AND... "if you did that well eating the candy, wonder what you would have lost if you hadn't of eaten it?" You cannot even imagine how many times I've asked myself that question. I do try not to dwell on that one though...it's pretty depressing! THANKS ALOT!!!! :o

Connie: Sounds like walking the town is a great idea. Hope that works for you. You must be feeling better. That's great!

Mary: There's just something about that apple and spice combo that really sounds good. *whispering here* Don't tell Tina, but I may be trying YOUR cake before HER cake!

Andria: Are you feeling better? I hope, if you did decide to stay home, that you got your article finished. Keep your chin up.

Sandy: I'm glad you liked the soup recipe. Did you use regular hash browns (like the shredded kind) or the Southern style (like the little cubey ones)? I found that the gravy with the sausage bits was "cheaper" (stats wise) than the plain too so that's what I use. I love the flavor.

Pam: I'm glad your sister is giving you the loan for your car repairs. I can't imagine being without wheels for any length of time.

J-ann: Been anywhere fun with the dog this weekend. I bet with the fall weather it's beautiful to be out in the fields with him/her. (sorry, don't remember which)

2cute: WOW, you were one busy woman this weekend. I'm glad your sale was such a success. Did the purchase go through? That would be even better.

Michelle: Well, girl, you haven't been around in ages, and then a couple of lines is all you can muster? And at that, you post you're making something yummy for dinner and you didn't give us the recipe? Ok, kiddo, we're waiting for something a little more substantial from you, including the how to's for those pinwheels. :yes:

Well, girls, I've caught up with this thread. I apologize that I didn't go back further, but I had to start somewhere. Everyone else come out and post and I'll talk to you too. But don't ask for any opinions, cuz I just might just give 'em to you! :eek:

Oh, before I go. I found this in the WW newsletter that I get and with it being fall and apple season, I thought it looked real good (and only 2 WW points too).

Weight Watchers
baked apple streusel

POINTSŪ | 2
Servings | 8
Preparation Time | 15 min
Cooking Time | 45 min
Level of Difficulty | Easy

desserts | Our spice-infused apple streusel is the perfect tummy warmer on the coldest of winter days.

4 medium apple(s), peeled, cored and thinly sliced (use firm apples)
1/2 cup unpacked brown sugar
1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
2 tbsp fresh lemon juice
1/4 cup all-purpose flour
1/4 cup uncooked old-fashioned oats
3 tbsp reduced-calorie margarine

1. Preheat oven to 350°F.
2. Stir together apples, 1/4 cup of brown sugar, cinnamon and lemon juice; pour into a 1 1/2 quart baking dish.
3. Cut flour, oatmeal, remaining brown sugar and margarine together with a pastry blender or fork in a medium bowl; sprinkle over apple mixture.
4. Bake until apples are tender and top is browned, about 45 minutes. Yields about 1/2 cup per serving.

Gotta run. Love :love: to all.

MichelleK
10-06-2003, 07:13 PM
Ok another quickie! The lobster stuffed salmon pinwheels were really super easy!

1. Get in your car

2. Drive to the supermarket

3. Purchase the fish

4. Drive it home

5. Preheat your oven to 400*

6. Bake fish for 20 minutes

7. Enjoy! They were absolutely deliscious!!

See I cheated....they were already made in the seafood dept. I just had to ask for however many I wanted!

Gotta go eat my delmonico steak now...John just brought them off the grill!

Tina..I haven't been to WW for a couple of weeks now...I was sick, Andrew was sick and I started my classes and have been trying to keep up with that and housework, and work and the boy and his swim lessons. Plus some issues w/John that we have finally resolved...for now anyway!! I am going to read Dr. Phil's book and see what i come up with that may help me along until I can get on a schedule with all this stuff going on....plus now Andrew will be going to preschool....have to get his physical this week and try and get a 3 yr old to pee in a cup for the dr. Don't see that happening! LOL

OK gotta run...I'll be back!

Michelle

Terri in MO
10-06-2003, 08:13 PM
Hi ladies!

What a gorgeous weekend we had here in the Midwest. Absolutely my favorite kind of weather.

Friday night was the night all the siblings and our spouses got together for dinner out. My sister and her family were in the area for the Nascar (?) races. We had a great time. Of course, it was not WW friendly but I noticed that I did eat a lot less this time as I did not go home feeling miserable as we normally do.

Then on Saturday, my sis and I drove east about 3 hours close to St. Louis for a family reunion of my mom's siblings and all the kids and grandkids. It is held at my grandpa's farm (he's been gone for 20+ years but the farm is still in the family). The house is unpainted still and is only 3 rooms and NO indoor toilet. Its always been that way and they want to keep it that way. Sure brings back fond memories of grandma. Grandpa was always gruff and quiet. He is fondly (or not) called a hard-headed, stoic German who begat hard-headed children. :lol: Food was great and in over abundance so I didn't do so well this weekend. I have no regrets because I thoroughly enjoyed every minute and every bite.

I'm back on track this morning with no hesitation. So, maybe, I am finally get a handle on the food stuff. I have noticed that I do eat a lot less than I used to and when I have bad food days or meals, it does not spiral into days upon weeks. I won't be getting all superior about it because I know it could all so to heck in a handbasket if I'm not careful.

I've been following the Dr. Phil shows still. Some of the people seem rather phoney. But I'm curious to watch them and do feel their pain.

We're also Survivor fans. That one team is dying quickly. There don't seem to be any 22 yo mouthy chicks or dudes this time. They all seem to be a bit older but not too old.

What a great bunch of recipes! Is slimfast sugar free by any chance?

Thin - I had to chuckle when reading your post about the WI and the shoes. I've had exactly that kind of thinking - like what can I leave off clothing-wise so that I won't show a gain? Good for you for fessing up and being honest. Dr. Phil would be proud! He would also give you a can of whup-a$$ about all the candy too!

Barb - When do you leave on your cruise?

Tina - I don't have kids so I can't really help with the advice. Your son is such a cutie. I'd say something to the teacher but acknowledge that you appreciate her trying to teach him about consequences but gee, couldn't there have been a better way? Good luck!

J-Ann - Wasn't it hard to admit that mom probably did you a favor in the long run? :)

2Cute - Hmm, family reunion too? It would be a hoot to find out that we were at the same one! Coulda, woulda, shoulda.....jump back on track and forget about what didn't happen. So, you weren't a 100 pounds lighter, but look at the exercise that you've been doing - could you do that last year?

Andria - Hope you're feeling better soon.

Sandy - Sorry about being up a pound but looks like you've got the right attitude. The potato soup sounds wonderful.

Connie - Hello! Good job on the walking and taking care of bills.

Pam - What a great sis!

Michelle - Those things did sound yummy. Too bad you don't have a recipe. Cute post!

Okay, well I need to get out of here and go sit with the dog so he'll eat. Then I was supposed to get in some time on the bike but DH has it blocked in the garage and I can't get to it. I'll try to get some time in on the spinner instead. Then of course, the dog will need to be walked too. Sheesh, never enough time for all the household chores, relaxing AND exercise.

OBTW, I walked down 3 flights and then back up today after lunch. Then we walked down 7 flights and came back up 2 floors at a time. We'd walk up 2 then walk around that floor to recover and then up 2 again. And I didn't pass out either!

Have a great night!

BarbPA
10-06-2003, 09:29 PM
Hi Gang!
I still need to go back and catch up on some of the messages. Just popping in for a quick post. Feeling a little blue right now. :( Still dealing with the PMS symtoms - I wish TOM would just show up so I can get it over with for vacation. Trying to do a million and one things before we leave on Friday. :) That's the good part!!! We fly out Friday morning to Orlando, drive to Port Canaveral and meet up with the rest of my family on Friday night and the cruise leave on Saturday. It's a 7 day cruise.

Then the real bummer of the day....Jeff got into a car accident! He is fine - there were no injuries - thank God!!! It's just such a headache to deal with. It was not his fault - a guy swerved right in front of him and he was cited. So the insurance co. shouldn't give us a problem paying up. We'll see. The problem is that we still owe $ on the car (Isuzu Rodeo) and we think the damage may be more than the car is worth. So we are probably going to lose $ in the deal. It'll all work out! I'm just thankful it wasn't worse.

I know this post has been far from positive!!! Sorry guys!!! I am sure I will feel better over the next couple days!!! I am really excited about the trip!! :)

I'll stop back in tomorrow, hopefully in a better mood!
Love,
Barb

QueenB
10-06-2003, 10:10 PM
THIN: I *know* that you know how much I love you....that's why I know I can speak my heart to you and you can speak your heart to me. That's why I love our friendship SO much. :lol:

So..... I am reporting my WI. (not Wisconsin) I am now officially in TWOTERVILLE! AND.... I will NEVER go back to Threesomeville again. Hmm, :chin: Threesomeville? Dh.... Tony..... Dh.... Tony. ME... Hmm, Threesomeville might not be that bad of a place to visit though. Oh my! What am I saying?! :yikes:

Since arriving at Twoterville, QueenB has lost her mind! :dizzy: :s:

I would also like to mention that even though I only (don't you love that word) lost 1.8 this week, that 1.8 was lost eating all my points, including ALL my Flex Points AND a Snickers, some M&M's and a rather large plate of spaghetti and too much garlic bread. :T However, that same 1.8 was lost drinking all my water this week and then some and walking 10 miles with my WATP dvds! So.... all in all, I earned that loss!

Have a great night and I'll talk at ya in the am! :strong:

2cute2Bfat
10-07-2003, 12:24 AM
Good evening everyone. I am writing this offline in hopes of finding time later to come read and post. My life has been VERY BUSY and when I had time off I just wanted to do nothing... not even read. I really need to get back on track again.
Thin... losing weight 4 weeks in a row !!!!! :cp:
That was a very manipultive way of doing it :lol: but you did it just the same. ;)
I think our get together in the spring would be great to be girls only.
I hope to get us an additional room large enough for all of us to sit and just "girl talk" too. Like a conference room or something PRIVATE. Lobbies are great for small chit chat... but there are always strangers near by listening too.
I also plan to stay at the hotel with everyone else. It just makes for a better bonding experience.
Some of you may want to share a room and save some money... others like myself will want a private room. BUT I also want a single gathering place for everyone. :)
I am soooooo excited and can't wait. I have decided to put away some of my garage sale money now so that will help out next spring. As Sarah used to say about dieting... "A year from now you will wish you had started today". Even $5 -$10 a week will make a BIG difference next May or June.

Andria... I hope you got my PM. Your post was soooooooooo awesome.
Barb... congrats on your 3 lbs!!!
Natalie... that was a beautiful bridge picture. I made a note about you to myself... but can't read my own writing now. :rolleyes:
Tina... leave it to YOU to ask me how good my food was. LOL Your right... I didn't mention it on purpose. Need I say more ?? :o

I can't remember any more info off the top of my head.
I am sooooooo far behind on my paper work I feel TOTALLY OVERWHELMED.
I need to get off here and do at least one hour on it. I probably have 10 hours of work waiting on me. :^:

qsilver
10-07-2003, 01:10 AM
Hey everyone :)

Thank you all for the well wishes. I'm starting to feel a whole lot better now. I did end up going in to work. Our town clerk has had severe migraines every day of her life for the last 12 years. When she calls me and says this one is so bad she can't lift her head off the pillow, I know she isn't kidding. Besides, it reminds me that my little aches and pains are miniscule in comparison. I ate saltines, drank part of a Dr. Pepper and had a really light vegetable soup to eat, and with keeping busy as well, the day went quickly and turned out ok. I even managed to do a quick edit on the article between jobs and sent it off to the editor tonight.
I'll be honest with you, it isn't the best thing I've ever written. It isn't anywhere near as clever or insightful as I would have liked, but it doesn't stink either. I really do think it wasn't bad for a first attempt. Let's put it this way... I'm going to buy a copy of the magazine and send it to my grandma, and I wouldn't do that if it was junk. :)
I guess this editor chick has some faith in me even though she hasn't read my piece. She gave me a shorty assignment due by Friday. It is a Christmas wish list for the kitchen enthusiast. I'm supposed to choose 6 or so "hot" items. Eeek! Ok, sounds like fun mostly because I AM a kitchen enthusiast, but giving me that kind of latitude... and I only get to pick a half dozen? Hrm... BTW, pitch in any ideas you all might have. Friday is way too close!

Ok, I was planning this to be a short little post, but since it already isn't, I should probably get in some replies as well. :lol:

2cute, I did get the PM. :) I've been thinking about what you said about your reunion and how you weren't 100 lbs. lighter than last year, etc. I know you aren't down 100, but you have come so far! I'm remembering back to the very start of this thread. I was a lurker back then and actually remember when you began writing. You have changed so much in that amount of time. I remember the woman who conquered her fear of a bathing suit to begin swimming. I remember the woman who could hardly walk. So what if you haven't lost 100 lbs. in the last year. You have made amazing progress and we love you.

Ummm... ok, I was doing replies, but DH is sitting over my shoulder now and being all cute and cuddly. Don't get any ideas, you all. I'm still a sicky! But he is awfully adorable and pretty darn snuggly. I'm going to head to bed. :)

Andria

j-ann
10-07-2003, 11:46 AM
Quick stop. I'll try to get back later with a long post but, even with my slip last Wed. that used up all my Flex Pts. I lost 1/2 lb at WI yesterday. :) Since the week before was a big (4.5 lb.) loss I didn't expect too much this week and I'm thrilled to be down at all.

BarbPA
10-07-2003, 12:29 PM
Hey Gals!
No time to catch up right now, but I was thinking about you all so I just wanted to stop in with a quick hello!!!
:wave: :grouphug: :wave: :grouphug:

Grannie39074
10-07-2003, 07:33 PM
hAD TO BRING US TO THE TOP we were at the bottom fixing to drop off

pjkdreamer
10-07-2003, 07:51 PM
TINA, CONGRATS ON MOVING TO TWOTERVILLE!!! THAT IS FABULOUS! It will be a while before I join you, but I am coming to stay too!

J-Ann, many congrats on your recent losses, you are doing great girl!:D

Barb, sorry to hear of the accident, I am thankful Jeff was okay. That is a scary thing.

Thanks all for the great recipes of later, they all sound yummy to me:lol:

check in with you girlies later...have a good evening;)

peekabooangel
10-07-2003, 08:13 PM
CONGRAT'S TO ALL THE LOOSERS!!! YOUR ALL GREAT!!!!

Stepping Out
10-07-2003, 10:38 PM
TOPS weigh-in tonite. Lost another pound! Tina, I'll soon be joining you in TWOterville!:smug: WTG on your losses!

Barb: I'm glad your DH is o.k. Hope you get a good report from the insurance company. Don't let this spoil your trip! :)

J-ann: You're doing great :D

Andria: I'm glad you're feeling better. :)

Thin: Thanks for posting that receipe-I'm going to try it soon!:goodvibes

Got home after my meeting and shopping. Didn't feel like cooking anything, so I gave in to the :jeno: I'm getting back on track tomorrow.

Pam, 2 Cute, Natalie, Jen, Peek, and anyone I've missed-Have a lovely evening! :D

And, by the way: GO RED SOX!!! :cb: :dancer:

pjkdreamer
10-07-2003, 11:35 PM
JoAnne,

Congrats on the loss!!! And good to hear from you again!

Good night Chickies :faint:

thinthinker
10-08-2003, 12:42 AM
DO NOT POST HERE! GO TO "300+ And Ready To Try Again....#423"

God Bless America!