Chicks in Control Overeating? Binging? Share uplifting support and gain control!

Closed Thread

Old 09-19-2003, 09:55 PM   #1  

Red face Will WW cure me???

I have been diagnosed with EDNOS (Eating Disorders Not Otherwise Specified). I pretty much have a combination of Binge-Eating Disorder, and then lose all of the weight I gain with Anorexic-like tendencies. I want all of this to end! But I don't even know how to eat normal anymore! I don't eat when I'm hungry...it's more of an emotional thing. I don't even know what I like to eat anymore!! I'm so scared to start eating normal again. I need to do something though, I just gained 8 pounds in this past week and a half alone from non-stop binge eating!! (From 126 to 134!! That's a noticeable difference!) My first thought was to fast until I lost it again...but then I know its back to binge eating again...I want to stop, for good! I'm already seeing a therapist...but it's so easy to lie. I guess I'm looking for support from someone who's going through what I'm going through...or has had the same problem before, but found a way out! I really need advice!!! Just for some more info on me I'm 5'4 (a small frame though...so I should be around 115), 19 years old, in college, surrounded by people eating pizza at 2am...
Old 10-03-2003, 02:46 PM   #2  

Hey, I understand what you're going through. I'm a binger eater, I use to starve myself, but haven't done that in a while. I still binge eat once in a while. I know for a fact talking helps. I live with my boyfriend, he knows everything about my eating disorder and tells me to talk to him when I feel like binging. Sometimes I don't, i lie and say I'm ok and wait for him to go to work and then I run to the store and buy junk to binge on. But sometimes I tell him. I tell him what I feel like eating, how I'm feeling emotionally. And it really helps. if after I'm done talking and I still feel like binging we go for a walk. Last night we did that and I didn't binge. And I still don't feel like binging.

If you have anyone there you can trust to come to with your problem you should really do that. I'm on the computer a lot so you can email me or IM me if you would like.

[email protected]
XxBitterPill78xx AIM

I've had this problem every since I was a little girl. I'm 24 now, It got so bad, at one point I weigh 336 pounds. I do the same thing, I eat when I'm not even hungry. I use to binge everyday for months at a time. Starting a diet each day and then binging 2 hours in. My tummy could be full and I still want to binge. I wish I could tell you that it's easy to overcome and it completely goes away. But it doesn't, you just have to try control the little things. You can choose to have one cookie instead of 10, if you want more than one you can choose to throw it away. I haven't come that far yet. It's hard for me to have snacks in the house, But I'll get there. You really have to believe that you'll get through this. When I'm alone I have to find the strength inside me not to binge. I have to love myself enough not to do this to myself again. Which is hard cause i don't love myself most of the time. But today I feel good and I want to be good to myself. I know it sounds corny but you really have to try.

I've lost 60 pounds so far. I work out almost everyday. I eat 4-6 times a day. I try to talk when I'm upset, WHICH IS SO HARD FOR ME! I'm so use to eating when I'm sad.

Another good thing I do is I try not to deny myself. When I use to starve myself I use to think that this was the only way to lose weight. I wouldn't eat at all, or I would stay under 500 cals a day. And if I had a snack like chips, even if it was just a little I would consider that cheating on my diet and then I would binge. I don't like to keep that many snacks in the house but sometimes we have chips or cookies. And i allow myself to have some. I just have the serving. Some days are great and some days are terrible but I know I'm not perfect, and my meal plan isn't going to be perfect, but I can try harder everyday to better myself and that's all you can do.

Why are you afraid to start eating "normal"?
I know how easy it is to lie but you're only hurting yourself. Get serious and tell your therapist everything. Even if your ashamed or embarrassed.
Old 10-03-2003, 02:56 PM   #3  

And what's WW? Weight Watchers?
Old 10-16-2003, 11:04 PM   #4  

Thank you so much for your post! It helps to know that I'm not alone in this. Yes, WW is Weight Watchers. And I'm scared to start eating normal because I am afraid that I'll go through a normal day...and still binge! As opposed to saving myself through the day in case the binge occurs...which i know is the wrong way to think! But I honestly am scared.

What you said sounds exactly like what I am going through. I do turn to food for my emotions. All I think about is losing weight...which leads me to eat even more. Its a horrible cycle that I am hopefully in the process of breaking. I have tried to look at food more as nutrients rather than calories. That has actually helped (although I the binges aren't even close to leaving my life yet).

Your words were very inspiring! It really helps to come on here and talk about things. Thank you so much for your reply : )
Closed Thread