Closed Thread

Old 09-12-2003, 12:33 PM   #1  
Becomming a Monster

S/C/G: 329/253/210

Height: 6'0

Default i'm here now back fingers crossed

if its not me getting viruses its the computer!!! but i'm a genius so i sorted it glad to see everyone is continuing to place there best foot forward on the path to slimville. with ref to jiffy and mrgoose. yes i have given up the damn pills. i had to for financial reasons. as well as my health obviously actually i do seem to be getting ill alot recently thanks for noticing its cos its just turned september here in little england which means 7 months of frost and ice and of course flu and illness. i've noticed that when i was hugely fat i never ever got sick. but now i'm getting slimmer i'm always ill i'm thinking its cos my body has a lack of calories and is under great stress so my immune system is supressed. hopefully it'll sort itself out when i hit my goal weight. speaking of goal weight i'm doing ok now the scales are moving in the right direction for a change
Old 09-12-2003, 02:10 PM   #2  
Crazy Canuck

Hi Slimmingsi, nice to meet you

I know what you're saying about getting sick more often as you lose weight - it's funny how the health benefits of weight loss are enormous, yet, last winter was my very worst for flu, bronchitis and continual head colds and sinus infections - go figure. I'm hoping we'll have a milder winter this year (who am I trying to kid, I live in Canada ).

Glad to hear the scales are moving where they should be for the hard work you've put into it - from your stats I see you're doing great!!
Old 09-12-2003, 02:27 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 261/158/below 160

Height: 5'8" (Dang, I shrank an inch!)

Welcome back! Maybe your computer caught your virus. . .

I'm so glad you gave up those pills. And glad that you're back and the scale is moving in the right direction.
Old 09-12-2003, 08:42 PM   #4  
Old Cackler

vitamins vitamins vitamins. there are several reasons: we're not eating much. and we're metabolizing [metabolising for YOU, si!] things differently, and the fact that we're losing fat affects our vitamin needs.

not sure of all the details, but it seems to be universal. when nyou lose lots of weight quickly, we seem to do better with extra vitamins. i'm not talking megadosing here, just one or two regular multivitamins a dayl

glad to see you back si, and even happier that you've really given up those pillks!!!!!
Old 09-12-2003, 09:12 PM   #5  
Future marathon runner

S/C/G: 310/185/Where my body takes me

Height: 5'8"

I'm glad you're back. You've done awesome so far, and I know you'll continue to succeed.
Old 09-13-2003, 09:41 PM   #6  

Si, so glad you're back and feeling better. Are you taking any vitamins? As usual, Jiffy has great advice and vitamins will probably help a lot.

Stay healthy and keep us posted!!
Closed Thread