Closed Thread

Old 09-02-2003, 09:42 AM   #1  
Cockeyed Optimist

Default Tuesday

Not a very creative title......be back to post.
Old 09-02-2003, 09:46 AM   #2  
Cockeyed Optimist

Morning All.

Hope everyone enjoyed their long weekend. I had 2 days in a row off and enjoyed them a lot!

Sunday I went furniture shopping with CB's sister's and mom. His mom criticized everything I expressed an interest in. Ugh! Found a few pieces that I really like but of course not the one (kitchen hutch) that I actually need.

Yesterday was rainy and flooding here. The retention pond out back my house was halfway up my back yard and the street was river like. Couldn't stand to be cooped up though so we spent the day organizing the garage. It looks wonderful and now we can park both cars in there again.

Job 2 schedule is better this week. Only 10 hrs. Yeah! I have WI tonight. No idea what to expect but am hoping for a loss because the pants-o-meter is not as tight as it was last week.

That's all for me for now.....
Old 09-02-2003, 10:08 AM   #3  
Running Babe

Heya all,

I am in a good mood, my finances are finally in order (yah!) and although I still have some debt it's very managable and I should be out of debt next year. There will be some scrimping and saving on my part, but overall I am doing okay. Thank god my credit history is good

Anyhoo, I am wondering if any of you gals are football widows?

Laura: I hope the flooding subsides for you soon!

Take Care!

Ali
Old 09-02-2003, 11:14 AM   #4  
Mom to 2 beautiful girls!

Hey all, I had 4 days off and not really in the mood to be back at work. The attitudes are sucky, but I am just ignoring it.

On Friday Hubby and I decided to do do WW at home. I needed something more than I was doing. So I am doing it at home with the new flex points. Trying to make it work the best I can. I Guess anything is better than what I was doing. And for the time being this is it. So I made it through the weekend with my flex points.

I am going Sunday to Saturday and so far so good. I like the flex points thing and knowing I have to just in case. I also like have exercise points to use. Hubby hated the previous program, but he is more comfortable this time because he doesn't feel as deprived. Tho I have to figure his points out for him and what he has left. At least he is doing it with me. I need a cheerleader right now.

We went to the Zoo on Saturday.... anybody hear about the Harley Davidson 100th Anniv. ralley in Milwaukee, WI this last week. WOW is all I can say. I have never seen so many bikes. They said 15,000 were there. Traffic was nuts and a bunch of the bikers were driving like nutso's. Yesterday we had a picnic in the park. That was my weekend. The rest we just bummed it. I liked having my kids for a long weekend, but Emma was very sad to go back to daycare this morning.
Old 09-02-2003, 11:34 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 240/173/160-ish

Height: 5'7"

Good morning everyone!

I had a wonderful weekend and am happy to be back at work today (ok...maybe that's a little bit of a stretch, but I am feeling great today.)

I had a bad weekend eating wise, but actually think I am down again on the scales, so it couldn't have been that bad. I didn't count points on the weekend...I did have the chicken tettrazini from East Side Mario's on Saturday night, but skipped the bread and the extra cheese...so that was a bonus. But Sunday night we went to Red Lobster, which is my absolute favourite, and I didn't hold back at all (well, I only had one cheese bun, had oil and vinegar on my salad and skipped the rice) but otherwise, it was great.

So, today is my weigh in and meeting and I'm excited to start another week on the new program.

I had a very emotional day yesterday, not exactly sure why, but it's renewed my commitment to losing weight and made me really feel like I can do this. So, I am planning on doing it!

Tomorrow is one year until my wedding, so it's becoming more real as the days go on.

Anyways...hope everyone has a great day.

Ali~great to hear you got the finances all in order. It's a relief to get it all done and know you are going to come out on top.

Kim~sounds like you had a great weekend and I sincerely hope you enjoyed the massage, even if you did have a long drive the next day.

Laura~sounds like something my FMIL would do...I love her dearly, but it's the snide remarks that get to me. Good luck and hopefully the flooding stops soon.

Hope everyone else had a great weekend and has a great week, ON PROGRAM. I'm going to do my best this week...
Old 09-02-2003, 12:16 PM   #6  
Started IP 1/8/13

Morning all

Just got a couple minutes to post, then it's back to work, always crazy after a long weekend...

Weighed in yesterday for my Labor Day goal - only .5 above what my goal was! Yeah! Also went shopping on Saturday and the pants-o-meter is working great, bought a couple size 11 skirts on sale (only a little tight!). The rest of the weekend was extremely relaxing, glad to finally get a few days off!

Kim - I had to work yesterday too, it was incredibly slow which I didn't mind but the time dragged by...

Laura - it's raining here too, all nasty and wet out. Enjoy your "easy" week with only 10 hours on job 2!

Ali - Football widows?

Hi Jen Hi Humber

Hope everyone's week goes by superfast!
Old 09-02-2003, 12:49 PM   #7  
Running Babe

Angie: football widows are the significant other of a person who enjoys watching tons of football on TV.

Take care!

Ali
Old 09-02-2003, 01:04 PM   #8  
Canadian Chick

Hey all,

Sounds like you all had a great long weekend. Mine had its ups & downs. The mineral spa was great but our car broke down on the way back to the city. It was not fun. THe garage where we take it says they can't get to it until Thursday We did have a good visit with our friend from out of town. We finally got to meet his fiancee. My other company left yesterday. We had people over to watch the CFL Labour Day classic but it wasn't very fun b/c our team played like crap & got their butts kicked I have been having trouble sleeping again. Hopefully I can get back to normal soon. My meeting was cancelled last night d/t holiday & without a car I'm not sure if I'll make it to a different WI this week. I am enjoying the flex points though. It is much more managable.

Ali, I'm a baseball widow. Really I could be a widow to pretty much all sparts but I like to watch most of them with DH. However try as I might I just can't get into baseball. Glad to hear you're getting your financial world in order. Mine is crashing down right now. Once we get our car back I'm going to try to get a second job.

Laura, good luck at WI. Glad to hear you have a lighter schedule this week.

Jen, glad to hear your hubby is going to help you out! I find it makes such a difference.

Humber, renewed committment is always a good thing.

Angie, congrats on getting your Labour Day goal. I didn't do as well on mine as I had hoped. What's your next goal?

Hope you all have a great OP day!
Old 09-02-2003, 01:22 PM   #9  
Started IP 1/8/13

Ali - thanks! I was starting to get confused!

Rina - hmmm new goals... would anyone want to join a new challenge? Basically the same way we did it before but with a new ending date... Halloween? What's the next big one coming up?
Old 09-02-2003, 01:32 PM   #10  
Canadian Chick

Sounds good. Go ahead & start the thread for it. That gives us almost nine weeks.
Old 09-02-2003, 01:50 PM   #11  
Running Babe

Rina: yah, even though my finances are in order, I haven't fixed my car yet, I know what it will roughly come to though... I figure fixing it though will be cheaper than buying a new one... Luckily I have kind of factored it in!

Take care!

Ali

Last edited by Sweater Girl; 09-02-2003 at 01:58 PM.
Old 09-02-2003, 02:53 PM   #12  
Divine Gal

Hello ladies

Hope everyone had a good Holiday weekend.Everything see4ms to be ok here except the weather YUCK!!! Its hard to believe Fall is almost here.This is my favorite time of year though.Fall that is; I guess its because I am a Fall baby.

Talk to yall soon...
TC and *hugs*
Lynnie
Old 09-02-2003, 03:25 PM   #13  
A Yankee in Virginia

Quick hi ... writing about a woman hit by a train this morning ... yes, I saw the blood and guts on the front of the train. Not at all pretty.

Ali: I'm kind of a football widow. DH loves the Washington Redskins and likes to watch the Sunday games. Sometimes we go to a sports bar and watch the game so we can eat lunch, which is actually kind of fun. He gets annoyed watching sports with me because he says I ask too many questions. I like sports (was a soccer player in high school), and I know the games, but I figured having him around finally gives me the opportunity to ask all the little rule questions!

Hi to everyone ... must run and write this story.
Closed Thread