South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Old 06-17-2017, 06:54 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 162/145/145

Height: 5' 9 3/4

Default Welcome to the weekend June 17th and 18th

For once I have a real weekend off!
jekel383 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2017, 07:07 AM   #2  

Good morning chicks...seems like I am a pop-up add lately lol. Another busy week in the books. Luckily I am off today because I am volunteering at our union golf outing Monday. Helps that I am a board member as I get a union business day in return. FINALLY got a letter from DS yesterday. He has one more PT test. HHe has passed the run!!! Now for the push ups. His letter was very colorful and upbeat which makes me feel better. I must admit I have really been struggling with this.

Debbie I hope your mom is OK. I am relieved she finally told you. Why must parents be so stoic at times.

I've been stopping by to read daily, but for the life of me I can't remember anything at the moment. Sorry my brain is fried. Last night this wild child was in bed before 9. My college self would be so disappointed in middle age me lol. Going to Joe's to watch his DS in a baseeball game then out to dinner for Father's Day. He is spending tomorrow with his dad and the kids cooking some family recipes. I don't really acknowledge Father's Day as I grew up without one. I do think fondly of my grandpa (well everyday) and will call my step dad, but otherwise that's it. My ex received an actual Father's Day card from DS this week. That is a huge step in DS maturing!!! He is going to stop by today with sunflower plants for me (he over bought lol). I am leaving a packet taped to the door for him with DS's official pictures for him. It's good we get along. Thought he would like to have some pictures for Father's Day.

Weight is holding steady just under goal. Really going to try and get a little wiggle room in before my trip. Concert, Yankee game and a graduation party all planned for next weekend. Plus the golf outing Monday is a dangerous week foodwise. Guess I'll be working out even when I don't want to (which has been a lot lately) Oh well.

Coffee time then go time! Have a great day chicks!
Old 06-17-2017, 07:14 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 226.6/173.4/154

Height: 5'6"

Happy Weekend chickies!

Jennifer - glad to hear from you! I'm sure you read that letter 100 times. Take him at his word, he's thriving!

I've really enjoyed having the kids home this summer. We all eat dinner together each night and it's so nice to just sit around the table and chat. Hubby took S to a new neurologist yesterday and they both seem very hopeful that new meds, new injections will help ease some of these migraines. He got something called an occipital block and they are pre-authorizing botox injections for him. I hope today he wakes up headache free!

I got my hubby a card for Father's Day, I think we'll go out on the boat and got get some crabs tomorrow.

After losing over 4 lbs last week the weight loss gods are not allowing the scale to budge for me this week. No matter what. I'm logging every calorie, exercising 5 days. This is the first week I've had since I started where when sticking to the plan the scale didn't move. I don't think I care for this all that much.
msgooch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2017, 07:24 AM   #4  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Good morning from steambath Delta. I am about to venture out to pick up bread for the Mill. Poor Margo must be suffering after an early morning production run of 48 loaves.

Still have not decided on what to wear for the wedding late afternoon but am sure glad it won't be heavy clerical regalia like poor Bruce. At least the reception venue is air conditioned. The rehearsal was a bit tense last night with not a single smile from the bride. She was very annoyed that the groom had a few beers before the run-through and Bruce warned his grandson that he will not marry them today if he gets even a whiff of booze. My fingers are crossed.

Weight blipped up a bit overnight since I met a friend in town yesterday when I went for my hair appointment. We went to the dreaded Chinese Buffet since she insisted. Just a bit of a blip from the salt in the wonton soup. I ate carefully at the post rehearsal dinner last night and the wedding feast tonight is buffet which I will check out beforehand.

Time to go get the bread, drop it off at the Mill and then figure out my schedule this coming week.

On with the weekend and hug any fathers you meet. I will be thinking fondly of my dear Dad whom I still miss.
Ruthxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2017, 07:39 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 263/214/157

Height: 5'2"

Good morning everyone!

We have had a lot of storms in the area and internet is iffy at best. I have been trying to keep up the best I can. I tried to type a post the other day and before I could hit send my PC blinked and the post disappeared! I am doing ok. Could be better. We are headed out to hoe the garden before it gets too hot. We are baking in Ohio these days. I hope you all have a great day! I haven't disappeared I am just having connection issues!
Ohio Dreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2017, 08:16 AM   #6  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Good morning!

Get some things done in the yard before we headed to the hospital yesterday about 11. Mom is doing OK because they did an epidural and she is pretty much pain-free. Unfortunately, I think it's fueling this idea that she's just going to go home in a couple of days and be OK. We can only wonder what will happen when they take the epidural out and she is in the situation of dealing with a new way of pain management. My sister and I have made a trip out to the garden store mid afternoon, went back to the hospital, then went out for dinner together before heading home.

My sis really needs to get some type of irrigation going over at my moms place. We got all the stuff yesterday and now it's just taking the time to do it. I'm going to get some things done at my house and hope that she wakes at a time conducive to our working on that before we go down this morning.

Back to work tomorrow amidst a lot of unknowns.

Jennifer, thanks for getting us started this morning! Glad you heard from your son and have a nice time tonight!

Ruth, it sounds like everything is falling into place. I hope you stay cool today!

Cindy, ouch for connection issues. I hope you get the garden hoed before I gets too hot!

Amy, have fun today! What kind of crabs?

Last edited by Lexxiss; 06-17-2017 at 08:17 AM.
Lexxiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2017, 08:29 AM   #7  

Height: 5' 5"

It's a busy place in here this morning!

I had a busy week at school with all of the end of year responsibilities. Of course it doesn't help that I had volunteered for a committee and helping with the end of year staff luncheon. I think next year I will practice saying "no" from time to time!

I've got laundry in already; later I need to freshen up a room for DS1 who is coming for the weekend. Then there will definitely be garden time. The ag teacher was cleaning out the school greenhouse and I couldn't let her compost all the leftover plants.....

Jennifer, glad DS is doing well and you were able to hear from him!

Debbie, thinking of your Mom and you as you deal with everything.

Ruth, your whirlwind life continues!

Cindy, I feel lost when I lose my internet. I am probably too reliant on it.

Amy, just keep at it and think how far you have come! Glad you are enjoying the summer with the kids and hope DS finds some relief from the migraines.

to Pearlrose!

Have a great day everyone.
Beth19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2017, 08:47 AM   #8  

Height: 5' 7"

Good morning,

Had to wait to checkin for our flights tomorrow before doing anything else this morning. Finished my yoga and just finishing up Breakfast. We have a busy day ahead, we are going out to early lunch today with DS and DD1 since we will not be here tomorrow. DD2 has practice at 1 p.m. and the parade she is marching in is at 5 p.m. I still need to pack and clean house as well. We have to leave the house in the morning at 4:30 a.m. so I will probably not be checking in for a few days.

Jekel I am sure DS is doing fine since he made it this far I am sure he will go the distance, does he know what he will be doing after basic and where his tech school will be?

Amy sounds like you have a plan for tomorrow

Ruth enjoy the wedding today and I am sure water will take away the salt retention

Debbie is your mom coming straight home then after the hospital? Glad she isn't feeling pain right now

Beth thanks for the wave, enjoy your gardening.

Have a great day everyone!
Pearlrose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2017, 06:50 AM   #9  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Whew! Now I can focus on OUR wedding! All went well though despite all Bruce's fretting and I have never seen such relief when the ceremony was over and we hit the champagne fountain.

Hoping for a quiet and abstemious day today before next week's whirlwind arrives. I like being busy and involved in stuff but this is over the top!

"Quit whining, Ruthie, and enjoy the ride!"
Ruthxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2017, 09:20 AM   #10  

Height: 5' 5"

Hope everyone is having a good day today and staying cool! We are off with DS1 for a little outing.

I will try to make some smart food choices.
Beth19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2017, 05:55 PM   #11  

Evening chicks,

Beth hope you enjoyed your outing with DS1

Ruth glad the ceremony went well...now to concentrate on yours

Debbie will your mom need to go to rehab after the hospital?

Pearlrose have a wonderful trip. DS MOS is wheel based mechanic. He will be going to Fort Lee VA for his AIT for 13 weeks right after basic. Then back to Benning for 2 weeks of Airborne then he will get his first duty station.

Cindy I think we are all internet addicts (in a good way though) Hope the connection stays put!

Amy I often hold at a weight then see a drop. As you get closer to goal your body weight can fluctuate. Keep reminding yourself you are doing everything correctly. It will happen

Weekend was good, but I am a little off lately. Some of it is hormonal, some is sadness and some is just me getting in my own head and making excuses for everything. If this doesn't change soon I may need to have a serious talk with myself and figure it out.

Yesterday Joe's son's game was long and hot. I thought the game was at 2. They didn't start until almost 4:30 ugh. We were all pretty hungry by the time we went to dinner. Lunch was out too. No weighing in today lol. I didn't get home until after 11 (well past this chicks bed time) and I am feeling it today. I ran some errands and then spent the rest of the day home not doing much. Guess I better get a move on as I need to back a bag for the golf outing. I am hoping once the event is underway I can run to the post office and mail a package to DS. He asked for his sneakers, a book, pictures and some puzzle book. Tomorrow is his PT test. He needs to pass all 3 components or he will get one final chance later in the week. Worse case scenario is he gets held over until he can pass everything. I am hoping and praying he passes. I know it is selfish, but my kid could really use a win in his book. I won't hear anything from him until Friday. That is when we will know if he is graduating July 6th.