South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Old 01-28-2017, 07:21 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 162/145/145

Height: 5' 9 3/4

Default Last weekend January 28-29 Beach Chat

The first month of the year flew by.....I'm not wishing the winter away....well maybe.....garden season is coming!!!
jekel383 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2017, 07:32 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 162/145/145

Height: 5' 9 3/4

This is a surprise that I am first to check in on a Saturday. Granted I am off today (thanks John) and I still was up at my normal time, 5am. I did stay in bed until 6 just to say I slept in. Today is my official weekly weigh in an I am down 4 pounds from last week. I am thinking 1-2 pounds are "real" weight and the remaining 2 are my normal water fluctuations. Either way I'll take it. A lot of this is a mental game for me which helps me make better choices than when my numbers are up. Old habits are still hard to break lol

Today I will get my suit pants ready to take to the tailor on Monday (not going on a Saturday way too busy) I swear one pair the hems are not even. I do need the waist taken in on all of them. Cheaper to get them fixed than buy new. I may drop one bike off for its annual tune up (I have 3 to take in my 2 and Joe's). Tune ups are half price through February so it is a BIG savings. Ask me the last time my car got a tune up lol. I finally replaced the registration sticker which expired 12/16/16. Otherwise I'll just enjoy being home finding things to do.....believe me there are always things to do.

Hope everyone has a great day. Looks like Debbie is enjoying her much needed well deserved trip to NM.
jekel383 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2017, 07:53 AM   #3  

Height: 5' 7"

Good morning,

I was also up at 5 a.m., I even managed to stay up til almost 10 last night. I already did yoga this morning and just finished breakfast and am sipping my tea. Today I need to finish cleaning and do need to do a grocery run as well.

Jekel that is great the scale was kind this morning, mine went down 1 but I am still up a couple due to hormones, I have been eating op so just sticking with it and it should go down. Enjoy your days off.

Have a great day everyone!
Pearlrose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2017, 08:16 AM   #4  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Good morning!

We have been having a great time with my friend! We have spent our time sightseeing, eating, and soaking at the many Hot Springs. This morning we are going to go up to an arroyo my friend says is good for finding rocks then head North. 280 mile drive to Taos. I'm sure we will find some good stops in between.

I will be back to the usual on Monday.
Lexxiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2017, 09:01 AM   #5  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Wow! A bunch of Early Chicks! The clucking woke me up after a late night at the Mexican Fiesta which was well-attended. Claire and Chris did all the cooking and I was quite impressed although Mexican food is not my favourite - the hot is fine but it's too carby for me. Since I did not cook, my job will be to was the tablecloths which are white sheets. That should keep the washer and dryer working hard for the day. Good thing the electricity rates are low on the weekends.

Jennifer, too bad we don't live closer. I am expert at alterations. Shhh! Don't tell the Village! (I'm always getting requests that I turn down stating that I only quilt.) Not true. If I ever gt caught up on quilts - three more to finish - I have a pattern and fabric from three years ago to make myself some summer tops.

Debbie, hope you are enjoying your well-earned holiday. I'm ready for a road trip but not until the roads clear of ice and snow. Right now we have Christmas-Eve type snow falling so the only outing today will be down to the hall to pick up the laundry stuff.

Pearl, glad your scale is down today. I weigh daily but am managing to just stay the same - I've been dieting since I was 20 and need to focus more if I plan to get to goal before I pop off! (Just kidding - get my blood sugar under control has to be my current project.)

Aside from the mega-sheet washing project, today will be fairly busy with desk clearing, menu planning and a few hours putting binding on a quilt. There may be something besides sports on TV and, if not, maybe I can figure out the DVD player. The dogs like nothing better than snoring on their beds, stove warming the back room and me sitting and sewing. A cozy Saturday ahead with leek and potato soup on the hob for supper.

Enjoy the weekend.
Ruthxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2017, 11:19 AM   #6  

Height: 5' 5"

Good morning early chicks!
I have laundry in the dryer and have been to the grocery store already. I like to beat the Saturday 11 am rush. I also spent about 20 minutes shoveling a few inches of fluffy snow. As long as it isn't the wet, heavy kind that has to be moved Right-away-so-I-can-go-to-work I don't mind being out and getting the fresh air.

I'm glad to hear Debbie is having a good trip. I visited Arizona once in college and would love to go back to the southwest. Maybe I should work on talking DH into a trip...

Jennifer, sounds like you have a good plan for your day off. I need to renew the registration for 2 vehicles in our fleet. I did get my oil changed yesterday; took way longer than expected because they ended up cleaning and lubricating the brakes too. Sounds like the bike tune up is a real deal.

Ruth, I made spaghetti squash burrito bowls last night. Yummy. I need to do some desk work too. Enjoy your day.

Pearlrose, I usually wake up early even on the weekends but DH often sleeps in so I try not to disturb him. Have a productive day!

I've got leftover spaghetti squash from last night and marinara from the meatball casserole so I am thinking it might be a pizza day.
Beth19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2017, 07:56 AM   #7  

Height: 5' 7"

Good morning,

I was up before my alarm at 6:30 a.m. needed to get up to check on work project that was upgraded to make sure everything is working. They finished the upgrade by 5 a.m., so they were two hours early, but I slept in til 5:50 a.m. Just finished the check and looks like everything is running correctly, so I can go back to normal day off. We have some tree trimmers coming by today to give an estimate on trimming on our front tree, it's been 10 years since we trimmed it, so some of the branches are hanging over the house again. This is a over 100 year old tree and is massive. Got most of the cleaning done yesterday but still need to vacuum upstairs and do laundry today.

Yesterday went grocery shopping in the a.m. and then went to the stores in the afternoon with DD1, didn't find anything I wanted to buy but DD1 found some pants.

Jekel hope you enjoyed your day off

Debbie sounds like you are having fun on your road trip

Ruth it's been a lifetime for me of watching my weight as well, me (and my sisters as well) all have gone up and down on weight all of our lives and then you have my MIL who can't gain weight and is at 98 lbs and 5'8" so I think everyone has problems so you deal

Beth we were supposed to get snow but there is none outside when I woke up, the forecasters have been getting it very wrong here this year.

Have a great day everyone!
Pearlrose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2017, 09:30 AM   #8  

Height: 5' 5"

Good morning, Pearlrose. Is it a bit lonely in here today? Must be the others are busy.

Pearlrose, glad the update is working properly. WFH must be both a blessing and a curse, although we teachers have our fair share of homework too. lol Enjoy your day.

Already made quiche and muffins for breakfast this week and have some laundry in; sheets and towels that didn't get done yesterday. Managed to get my cleaning done yesterday but we might make a BJs run today. Other than that, I have to do some of the aforementioned "homework".

We got 5-6" of snow yesterday and overnight but right now the sun is trying to shine. It's great to see the sun moving higher in the sky as the days get longer. We are far enough north that the movement is really noticeable at this time of year.

Have a good day all!
Beth19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2017, 09:55 AM   #9  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Beth, we just got a skiff of snow but there will be more. You and Pearlrose are sure up and at it today. Rose I well remember checking out our online systems after upgrades. The switch to Year 2000 was a horrorshow! So glad I don't need to do that anymore.

Spent most of yesterday washing, drying and folding 24 sheets aka tablecloths. Three more to do by noon when I have to bundle up and go to watch Parson Bruce play hockey. He's well into his 80's but in great shape. Yes, he is 86 and still skates and plays hockey. The word is out in the Village so the eyes of the biddies will be on us. Oh well ... if they talk about us, they'll leave the rest of the folk alone.

Monday and Tuesday look to be cold but snow-free so I may actually make it to Brockville for a shop. My Christmas Gift cards are anxious to be spent. Chapters will be first on my list and then the drugstore for some bath stuff. I do like to soak in a bath with SleepyTime tea and a New Yorker magazine. My wintertime bedtime treat!

Better get with it. Have a good day and do something nice for yourself even if it's just using hand lotion.
Ruthxxx is offline   Reply With Quote