Old 01-03-2017, 05:51 AM   #1  

Default will green tea help to make diabetes in control?

I just want to know that green tea help to control diabetes or not? As I have heard from many people that green tea helps to control diabetes. My cousin sister is suffering from diabetes, so please give me your suggestion, whether I should go with green tea or any antibiotic medicine.
emmasarah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2017, 01:39 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 291/240.6/147

Height: 5'7"

Antibiotic? I don't know of antibiotics that help diabetes.

Diet and exercise can help control Type 2 (I am ignorant when it comes to the details of Type 1), and meds from your doctor.

Green tea certainly can't hurt and many kinds taste great (my daughter and I are Teavana fans! They have SO many kinds of green tea!). If drinking hot tea when you get the urge to snack helps you control your diet, then go for it. I love a little hot tea in the afternoon. And morning. Sometimes at night...and mid day...

I drink a LOT of tea. Iced, hot, no sweetener, some fake sweetener, sometime with milk, often without...I'm a fan of tea. If green tea could cure or help diabetes, I would be healed by now

Good luck!
TheSecondHalf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2017, 06:30 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 180/ticker/129 or so =)

Height: 5'6.5"

Someone who has diabetes needs to consult with reputable medical professionals. I've never heard of green tea as a help for diabetics, but there might be some minor effect. The one thing non-prescription thing I've heard of helping **a little** is cinnamon. My father had diabetes and my mother added cinnamon to his coffee. Did it help? Maybe, but not that you'd notice and it certainly didn't cure it.

From the weight management perspective, I'll add that I sprinkle cinnamon on my coffee lattes which I drink throughout the day (generally supposed to help stabilize blood sugar, plus it tastes great). I also take GTE (green tea extract, standardized catechin dosage) as well as ginger and a capsicum with dinner. All together, at best they have a marginal effect on my weight management, which is what studies would indicate.

Last edited by yoyoma; 01-04-2017 at 06:30 AM.
yoyoma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2017, 10:06 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 217/179/142

Height: 5'2

From what I've read, green tea can be helpful for diabetes, but it does not replace diet and exercise. I drink it occasionally, I have tried cinnamon, and also apple cider vinegar. I saw no noticeable difference from any of them.
Wannabehealthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2017, 01:26 AM   #5  

I drink green tea all day! Cold, hot, flavored, or not. I haven't had any luck with it bringing down my A1C. I think it is suppose to have antioxidants, which are good for us. Unfortunately, I don't think there is any magic food or beverage.
Creole Gypsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2017, 04:12 AM   #6  

If you are diabetic, you may want to ask your doctor about that - just to be sure :-)
raftcub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2017, 01:55 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 221/180/150

Height: 5'2 1/4"

I have drank green tea and used apple cider vinegar and while I'm sure it is good for you, I saw no change in blood sugar or weight. I also find that diet and exercise seems to do more for helping with blood sugar control.

Saying that, I have also learned that what works for me doesn't alway work for others and vice versa. While I agree that you should talk to your doctor about your plan, let me add work with your doctor. I have even learned to take control of my own diabetic journey. Doing that, as I learned what lowered or would raise my bs, my doctor would tell me that he didn't know why some food that should have lowered my blood sugar actally raised mine. He would shake his head and say, "... bue the numbers don't lie". So use your meter to your advantage.

Good luck on your journey.

Last edited by pattygirl63; 11-11-2017 at 02:02 PM.
pattygirl63 is offline   Reply With Quote