South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Old 12-26-2016, 07:11 AM   #1  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Default South Beach Weekly Chat, Dec 26-Dec 30

Good Morning!

Jennifer, sorry to hear you got called out. Don't know how far Nassau County is. Hope you are getting some rest.

Me, back to work. I have no idea how busy it will be today. The wind is howling. Not a fun day for skiing in my book but there are a lot who go anyway. I am back to the serious food plan so I will make sure to pack my lunch and take it with me today.

Have a merry Monday !

Last edited by Lexxiss; 12-26-2016 at 07:15 AM.
Lexxiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2016, 08:05 AM   #2  

Height: 5' 5"

Good morning, Debbie! Hope work is busy enough to fill your pockets but not overwhelming! I will try to make good choices today but will not be P1 until after the boys leave.

Cyndi, it was nice to hear from you although I am sorry for your loss. I hope 2017 is a good one for you. Glad DH is happy in his new job and you two can work together.

Not really sure what is on the agenda today. I may need to run to the grocery store for a few things but I have no desire to go shopping anywhere else. We have a threat of freezing rain midday but currently have some sunshine.

Happy Boxing Day all!
Beth19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2016, 08:32 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 162/145/145

Height: 5' 9 3/4

Good morning. Debbie thanks for starting us off. Hope the customers are kind and generous today, but NOT overwhelming!!! I imagine a lot of people (like me) stay home today.

Beth no P1 yet here either lol. I will send DS back with the left over sweets from tonight. I cant keep them in the house. Enjoy your time with the boys or should I say men.

Joe and DS are coming for dinner today. It will be a healthy meal although dessert will be the challenge. I was smart and left my sister with the cheesecake (shhhh don't tell the Joe's) I was going to get on the bike after I post, but since this is my weekend was anything but relaxing, I am going to enjoy the quiet. DS gave me a really nice pedicure spa foot massager / bath. Sooooo a home pedi is my big plan once I get dinner started. I want to have everything done so clean up is a breeze once the Joes leave.

I too willl be making my meal plan for the week. I don't doubt I will get right back to my "normal" as my life is pretty routine.

Happy Boxing Day!
jekel383 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2016, 06:55 AM   #4  
GlenwoodHotSprings

Good Morning!

Well yesterday was overwhelming. Crazy 10 hours non stop. Might just be that way again. I decided to get my credit card balances this morning and I didn't pay my Costco one last month. Ouch. I had it checked off as paid. So I transferred money and paid the whole thing now it's done. Gotta run. Smoothie isn't made yet and I need one more cup of coffee.

Have a great Tuesday everyone!
Old 12-27-2016, 07:39 AM   #5  

Good morning, chicks!

Debbie, sorry to hear yesterday was so crazy at work! At least the day probably flew by....I need to attend to bills myself; that is the first thing on my to do list for after breakfast today. Hope work is a little less busy!

Jennifer, yesterday was a complete lazy day for me other than a quick grocery trip. Today I will be sure to get in some exercise. How was dinner last night?

We had warm temperatures and rain overnight so our snow is almost gone but I guess we are slated for another round later this week. I have been watching the weather since I hope to make a quick trip to visit my parents before school starts again next week.

Have a good day chicks!

Last edited by Beth19; 12-27-2016 at 07:40 AM.
Old 12-27-2016, 12:04 PM   #6  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Belated good morning - it's 11:56 right now! I slept poorly last night with a 2:00 a.m. fretting session. I swear our brains go off the rails in the middle of the night. I did finally get back to sleep and the dogs woke me at 7:30 whimpering to go out. I was afraid there had been more ice during the night but the weather changed to rain and the ice was completely gone from the deck and steps! So relieved because poor Jazz really struggles on the ice - and I have to struggle chipping it off!

Spent a quiet day yesterday doing some post Christmas tidying and making some phone calls. Claire came over to borrow some of my Christmas plates for a pre-wedding dinner party tomorrow night. Her daughter Heather is marrying Steve and officially becoming a four teen-aged boy family. Can you imagine the grocery orders!

Not much on today's schedule although I need to either compost a bunch of veggies or make a veggie soup large enough to feed the 8th army! My friend Rob is still with us - he has terminal cancer and very few days left. I will go over there with the dogs and stay a couple of hours to give his husband John a break. So very sad, especially this time of year.

As you can imagine, I'm not feeling particularly chatty so...
Ruthxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2016, 05:22 PM   #7  

Ruth I am so sorry to hear about your friend. I always think of my friend Meredith on Christmas Eve. It has been a few years now, but he died on Christmas Eve after she left to drop his mom off. He suffered terribly from throat cancer. Meredith and her sister were his care givers.....Veggie soup freezes well so why not let the veggies cook down with some broth and seasoning in the crock pot.

Debbie you must be exhausted. That's way too much time to be busy. I guess everyone is trying to get some skiing in this week. Hope today is better for you.

Beth I am typing with my cycling attire under my sweats lol. I am finding getting back to my grove challenging. Dinner went well, except Joe did not like my gluten free stuffing....DS on the other hand took left overs and had seconds. I am very proud of myself I pitched the left over desserts....way too tempting for me!

I am not doing P1 more like my normal eating, but going to be rigid with calories this week and next. I figure I am only up a few pounds so if I increase my water, get some exercise and just watch I'm not mindlessly eating I should be OK.

Speaking of OK, several people lately have commented I look very tired. The latest to jump on the bandwagon was my mom. I posted a picture on Facebook, today when we spoke she said go to the doctor you look worn out. Gee I thought I looked OK I even had makeup on lol. I had a full blood work up recently and everything was good. I have a follow up ultra sound next week. Depending on the results I think I know what the culprit is....darn hormones lol

Tonight will be an early night, but that seems to be my normal routine haha
Old 12-28-2016, 08:03 AM   #8  

Good morning, chicks. We seem to be back to winter this morning with a light snow flurry. I have been watching the forecast; DS1 is planning on leaving tomorrow but I think the weather looks better this afternoon. The bulk of his trip involves hugging the Great Lakes and lake effect snow is miserable to drive through. We shall see. (and it IS a Mom's job to worry ;-) )

Ruth, sorry to hear about your friend. Life is too short. Hugs to you. Did you make soup? At least making compost is better than throwing food out.

Jennifer, luckily we are running out of sweets around here. I am trying to back off on the overeating but will go into full "buckle down" mode next week. I did manage some exercise yesterday. Did you get your bike time yesterday? Ideally I would walk outside today but it is icy.

Debbie, how was work? And how is Kirby doing? healing up?

Have a smooth ride over the Hump today, chicks.
Old 12-28-2016, 08:46 AM   #9  

Height: 5' 7"

Good morning,

We are back, got in last night at 11:30 p.m., we drove straight through so we could all enjoy day to catch up before going back to work tomorrow. We had a wonderful time but we all decided we prefer skiing to beach for Christmas. We went to Disney World on Christmas day and that was a mistake it was the worst packed I have ever seen and the workers said New Years Day is even worse, yikes! We still managed to have a good time while we waited and waited in lines

Got on the scale and it went up only a couple of lbs so I decided I am not hitting phase 1 until Sunday so I will just make good food choices for the rest of this week.

I need to go back and read all of the posts I missed, the condo we were staying at the wifi did not work well at all so I did manage to stay technology free.

I hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas.
Pearlrose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2016, 09:26 AM   #10  
Come on Spring!

Welcome back, Pearlrose. I can't imagine how Disney could be more crowded that it was when I was there but that was not Spring Break or Christmas or Easter.

Beth, I'm waving across The River at you this morning. No snow yet but I'm sure it'll head up this way. Right now we have just a dusting but more is promised.

Jennifer, soup is on the hob right now. Found some leeks in the freezer which I also used up. Have too many baby carrots so will fish those out for the Doggage. Get yourself checked out Cyber Daughter. You live a pretty healthy lifestyle with a stressful job and need to take care.

Debbie, you sure have had a busy Christmas! I can't imagine working in a ski resort area this time of year. We are a summer resort area but do have a little flurry of tourism mid February when there is Skate The Lake. Right now the lakes are barely frozen although snowmobillers (sp?) are taking chances. My property is now posted so things are a lot quieter than usual.

I've just come back from a morning visit with Rob who enjoyed the visit a lot because I took along the dogs. (Jazz went into therapy mode and cuddled on the bed.) Rob informed me he was not planning to die until after New Year's Day and to leave the Christmas decorations up until then. He also wants me to ring the St Paul's Church bell at midnight on the Eve so he can hear it. Although he is in a lot of pain, he sure is a fighter and has all his smarts despite the heavy pain medication.

The rest of today will be quiet as I catch up on laundry, desk stuff and putting away Christmas entertaining stuff.

Wishing you all a peaceful day.
Old 12-28-2016, 05:06 PM   #11  

Beth it doesn't matter how old our children get. Mom's always worry Hope DS took your advice and left today.

Pearlrose glad you enjoyed your trip. I am shocked Disney would be so busy on Christmas. I guess a lot of people thought the same way. Hope you ease back into work.

I will go to the dr cyber mom I have an ultra sound on the 2nd. I'll be glad when all this "girl stuff" is over lol. Glad you had time to spend with Rob. I can picture you ringing the church bells for him. That is really sweet.

I spent my day in the city. Met our new graduates from the academy. Stopped in Penn to visit. Lucky me had a meeting with one of our chiefs who tasked me with project. I guess she has confidence in me, but there is a lot to factor in (staffing, union rules, moving officers around on NY Eve which they will not be happy). Tomorrow I need to go into hiding to get this done. LOL luckily for me we are short on commanders this week so I may hide at a different command to get this completed.

Two days of clean eating in the books. Scale will start creeping downward soon. I did get a lot of walking in today which was great. However at 4:15 I was in my pajamas lol. Time to pay some bills (college tuition yikes) and relax. Enjoy your evening.
Old 12-29-2016, 07:22 AM   #12  
GlenwoodHotSprings

Good Morning!

I guess I got engaged elsewhere for a few days. Time sure flies. I had yesterday off and went to Denver for errands. Got a few things accomplished by phone, as well. Today, I work as the hostess and hopefully leave early. We will drive to Glenwood. Kirk has a dental appointment tomorrow morning. I've been on task this morning and won't have anything to do after work but go.

Ruth, so sorry to hear about your friend, Rob. you are in my thoughts today.

Rose, glad you had fun and made it back safe.

Jennifer, hope you can get all your stuff done at another command. I did NY NYE once. I feel for NyPD especially with all the presidential stuff, too.

Beth, hope weather isn't too bad for DS. Kirby is healing. He takes his last antibiotics today. Still one little scab left on the top of his head which reminds us to take great care.

OK, my decaf coffee is calling. Think I'll head downstairs and find a cup.

Have a good Thursday!
Old 12-29-2016, 08:34 AM   #13  
Come on Spring!

Debbie, on the Canadian news yesterday there was a story about a cougar/mountain lion attacking two dogs and being fought off by the master. I'll see if I can find it. Tell Kirby he was lucky!

We are expecting another dump of snow late today and tomorrow so this will have to be the day to replenish some house supplies. Three lightbulbs are burned out and salad stuff from last week is now compost. I did make a huge pot of veggies soup but don't want to eat that every meal. I do have lots of dogfood but that's really not an option. I need to cook proper meals. (The snow had just started - looks serious.)

I'm feeling really out of whack lately - part of it is the limbo space between Christmas and New Year's and part of it is worry and waiting over Rob. Time to put on my big Girl Panties and get on with it. Cousin Lisa is dropping off dog Angus later today for a trial overnight before she and Paul go on a cruise next week. My two will be in their glory with their cousin dog and miffed when he leaves tomorrow! However, he will be back when they leave for their cruise next week.

Just realized this is Michelle Day! If she comes, I may get her to de-decorate a bit although the tree must stay up until Epiphany - it's supposed to be bad luck to leave it up past that or take it down before. After all these are the Twelve Days of Christmas although I'm not feeling at all festive.

Where are my Big Girl panties? Have a good day, Beach Babes.
Old 12-29-2016, 09:11 AM   #14  

Height: 5' 7"

Good morning,

Accomplished everything I set out to do yesterday, got all of my cleaning and grocery shopping done and mostly caught up on email and such. Today is wfh and since I was original scheduled to be off, I do not have anything on my calender other than my 8 a.m. call which is already accomplished. I can now get caught up with work quietly. It is in the upper 30's and I am freezing, takes time to adjust from 80 degree weather

Debbie sounds like you have had a few busy days, glad Kirby is healing well. Drive safe to Glenwood, we missed the snow and skiing this year.

Ruth feeling for you and your friend Rob

It was nice to see that Cyndi checked in

Have a great day everyone!

Jekel sounds like you have been busy as well, hope you can get your stuff done while at another command

Beth did your DS listen to you? We can never stop worrying about our children's no matter the age

Last edited by Pearlrose; 12-29-2016 at 09:12 AM.
Pearlrose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2016, 10:10 AM   #15  

Good morning, chicks!

Ruth, it is snowing like crazy right now! We are slated for 6-9 inches in the next 24 hours but it will be worse south and east of us. I think we will be in between the lake effect band and the New England nor'easter. I have the garbage out at the road and most of the used wrappings dealt with. It's convenient that Epiphany is on Friday; I may actually get the tree taken down next weekend! One of these days you must send Michelle down to my place!

Pearlrose, glad you enjoyed your trip and are getting caught up on work and chores.

Thanks to those who asked; DS took our advice and safely made it home yesterday. It was good to have the boys home together. We are going to being laying low for the next few days; DH has been fighting a flu/cold thing the last few days. I should use the time to do some organizing and niggles.

Have a good day, chicks.