Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 09-28-2016, 09:11 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 239/223.6/165

Height: 5'6"

Default I'm feeling frustrated

Hello! I am new here and am hoping to find the fire I seem to have lost. I have lost 15 pounds in the past 6-8 weeks and I was feeling great until today. I don't know if it's hormones or what but I am frustrated as can be. I guess I just feel like the weight should come off faster since I have cut back so much in regards to food. I have been exercising but I know not enough and not hard enough. I want that quick fix that I know does not exist or does not give lasting results. My will power has never been great and my patience is not much better. What does everyone do on these kick myself days?
NurseBeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2016, 11:00 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 225/210/150

Height: 5'2"

I know you just posted on my other thread, but it seems we have similar situations so it's nice. I am looking for an answer to this as well because I usually just give up and fall off the wagon. I'm probably grouped in the "I'll start Monday" category haha just be patient with yourself and keep kicking butt!
Macmay3010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2016, 12:37 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 246/see ticker/160 or less

Height: 5' 3.5"

Default Keep at it!

Hi, I was just browsing and saw your thread. Two pounds a week is a great rate of weight loss! Any more than that is too much, according to the research. I know what you mean, though, about wanting a quick fix. But, I always tell myself that the weight didn't come on overnight. So, it is not going to come off overnight either.

Some things that help me...calculating out where I will be at some date in the future if I stick with my program and goals. The time will pass regardless, but wouldn't it be so much better if I made significant progress during that passage of time?

Another thing that helps is weighing myself once a week instead of daily. If I set the expectation of not having a result until a week later, it takes some of the pressure and hyper-focus off of needing to see a result everyday. Weight fluctuates from day-to-day because of a variety of factors.

Also, I try to realize that progress can be made in ways that are not always evident on the scale, like body fat percentage, body composition, inches lost, body weight shifting, etc. Just remember, weight loss is all about consistency over time.

Best of luck on your journey! Hope my comments help you.
Zoniegirl is offline   Reply With Quote