Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 09-03-2016, 07:08 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 246

Height: 5' 7"

Default Hello Whirlwind!

Hello everybody,

I feel as though I'm going to start off with the standard introduction material. I never thought I'd be on a weight loss site in a million years.

I'm a 22 year old college student who was recently diagnosed with PCOS-- in addition to having been overweight my entire life, it's starting to cause health problems.

I weighed in last week at my heaviest-- 246 and I'm tired of always thinking, "this is the year when I lose weight," because those goals never come to fruition. I've started a low carb diet per my doctor's recommendation, and in one week I am down 6lbs. Hello darkness my old bread... (get it? Sorry bad joke I know.)

I'm ready to take control of my health and wanted to say that reading through a lot of posts I feel like this is not only a community brimming with knowledge, beautiful people, and inspiration, but a great place for me to start my journey.

I'd love to make some friends who are close to my age, or any age for that matter because I don't feel like my friends want to keep hearing out how I can't eat this, or can't eat that.

Thanks for reading,

Olivia

P.S. The diet I'm following is Atkins, and I've got a feeling it's going to work. I suppose the proof will be in the low-carb pudding.

P.P.S. I promise I will try to cut back on terrible jokes ("try" being the operative word.)
yoolivia is offline   Reply With Quote