South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 07-05-2016, 08:21 AM   #1  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Default Tuesday July 5 - the day after The Fourth

Good morning from blissfully quiet Delta - there were fireworks again last night followed by a barn fire on the edge of the Village - no animals hurt but a meager supply of hay burnt.

Going to try for an alone day today. Yesterday was just dreadful with people dropping in (a country thing) and phone calls. I don't think I'm anti-social but do like my alone times to get things done. I also went to the church coffee hour where most of the conversation was about Brexit - a relief from the usual gossip, but went on longer than usual. I had banking and groceries to do and the usual panic calls from the Mill staff since we ran out of flour - could not believe it since we did a double milling run on Saturday. Luckily I was able to get 100 pounds from our Miller who also sells it as far away as Hamilton! Now he has run out so more milling has to happen this weekend. Our organic red fife flour has certainly become popular around here.

I don't know what I'm doing wrong but my Dell laptop thinks it's user-locked some mornings. I don't even know how to lock it! My solution is to unplug everything and ignore it until the battery dies and then redo the connections. Too bad my IT training was back in the Dark Ages!

Have a terrific Tuesday!
Old 07-05-2016, 09:48 AM   #2  

Height: 5' 5"

Good morning, Ruth and chicks to come!
It's going to be 90* or more today so when we both woke up early DH and I just went out for our walk. When I came home it was garden-watering time. We prefer to just hand water with watering cans since the sprinkler is so ineffective and we don't have a drip line. Maybe in my retirement house.....

Anyway, now I'm sitting with my iced coffee and catching up with the world. Not really sure what is on the agenda for the rest of the day. I think I will try that jam recipe this evening since I don't really want to stand over a hot stove this afternoon.

Ruth, I hope you manage a quiet day. You could draw the shades and unplug the phone....

Cyndi, I am going to look around that website some more for recipes.

Hope everyone has a terrific Tuesday!
Old 07-05-2016, 10:26 AM   #3  

Height: 5' 7"

Good morning,

Got busy at work and forgot to drop in first thing this morning. I walked 2.5 miles this morning and have been busy wfh this morning. I am working from home all week since I am taking off Friday as well for DD2 birthday. Hard to believe she is turning 13 this year.

Ruth, have you tried hitting the alt, ctrl and delete buttons at the same time to see if that will unlock it for you. Sounds like it is set to auto lock. You could look in the control panel and search for power options and see what your setting is for when "Change when the computer sleeps" options

Beth hope you have a great day.

Have a wonderful day everyone!
Old 07-05-2016, 11:16 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 162/145/145

Height: 5' 9 3/4

Good morning as usual I woke before the pups. We desperately needed some rain and boy did we get it last night. I didn't do much with my days off just catch up. Today it's back to the grind and tomorrow another early morning commute. I had a lot of back pain and bloating recently. So today I decided to be extra good for the next 30 days. I know stress and hormones are doing a number on me. I signed up for a century ride with Pamela on August 5th. So that's extra incentive to keep OP.

Everyone have a wonderful day. Glad everyone had a nice weekend and holiday.
Old 07-05-2016, 06:36 PM   #5  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Hello!

I didn't get here before I left for work at 5:15 this morning and it was an absolutely crazy day again at work. Now I'm having a glass of iced tea before I jump into the next thing. I am supposed to meet my sister at the pool at 7:30 tomorrow morning. That requires that I get the lawns mowed and I have made an arrangement with a girl from the community garden to pick up some plants that I started but can't use. I'm going to see if she can stop by on her way home from work. I can't sit for long or I'll get back up. See you all tomorrow!
Closed Thread