South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Old 06-14-2016, 07:00 AM   #1  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Thumbs up Tuesday Twitterings - June 14

How the heck did that happen? I swear time speeds up as I get older! I think hours are now only 20 minuted long!

My contractor, Paul is due to arrive shortly with a techy to see if they can get my $$$ propane-fired generator to start up from inside the house rather than have me go outside to turn it on! That always seemed dumb to me since it's usually cold and rainy or snowing when the power goes out. We'll see how it goes.

Tonight is the Mill AGM where the announcement will be made that I am handing over the Treasurer job to a new sucker. It won't be official until Sharon is officially put in the job by the Executive but we have already started the transition. I'll slowly be transferring parts of the job to her over the summer and will retain signing authority for a while. I'm sure I'll manage to fill the time - maybe Millie will be properly leash-trained.

Time to finish the coffee and get dressed for the day. These contractor guys show up early and I "slept in" until 6 this morning. How decadent!

Have a Terrific Tuesday!
Ruthxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2016, 07:10 AM   #2  

Height: 5' 7"

Good morning,

Another hot and muggy day today, we are starting to get showers in the evenings since it is getting so hot and that helps cool it down a bit back into the upper 80s.

Mammo went fine yesterday so that is out of the way for the year.

Today is another in office day, last week I will have to do interviews when I get back from conference the transition should be complete. I cleaned my new cubicle yesterday and as soon as I send the email announcement out to my staff then I can start moving my stuff out of my office into the new cubicle. I will miss having a door to shut but I won't have nearly the traffic in my new location hardly anyone goes into that office.

Ruth whewhoo for the announcement tonight, one step closer. Hope they can figure out how to start the generator from inside for you.

Have a great day everyone!
Pearlrose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2016, 07:52 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 162/145/145

Height: 5' 9 3/4

Good morning.

Way to go Ruth!!! Knowing you, the new found free time from not being treasurer will be filled up quickly!

Pearlrose hope the heat breaks for you soon. Enjoy your new cubicle.

I have the LT going to a meeting this morning for me. Selfishly I am going to enjoy my morning before heading in. I need to recharge a little been feeling pretty blah lately. I think hormones are to blame as nothing significant is going on in my life lol. I have a week off in July. I was going to cancel it since I do not have any plans. However now I've decided to keep it. just stay local and relax. I don't like being away from my older dog, Mick, if I don't have to. I think this could be his last summer. I've said that before and have been wrong. At 17.75 he still has more good days than bad. Thankfully I can physically carry him. That's how I know he is tired, he doesn't even resist anymore.

Have a lovely day.
jekel383 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2016, 08:49 AM   #4  
Super Duper Senior Member

S/C/G: 289/T/190

Height: 5' 7.5"

Good morning chicks,

I've been on hiatus for about a month, in and out of the hospital with some colon issue. No one is sure what is going on but slowly getting back on the beach (minus some cranberry juice to mix powdery meds in). Hope everyone is doing well.

Ruth - Good luck with the contractor!
Pearl - great news about the mammo!
Jekel - staycations are sometimes the best things!

I am back at work after some time off to heal. still feeling under the weather but so goes life. DW and I are a bit under 3 months away from our 10th Anniversary Mediterranean cruise (we leave for Barcelona on Aug 31 and come back Sept 16)! Feeling a bit nervous as it nears and we plan things out more - a few days in Barcelona before the cruise leaves on the 3rd, a few days in Brussels after (booked before the attack, of course). But also feeling excited. Here's to hoping my health stays in tact!
jenne1017 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2016, 05:00 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 248/216/148

Height: 5'11"

Good afternoon all. After a crazy morning and an even crazier day, I finally just took a moment to myself to check in. Hope everyone is having a much less eventful day than I am. With all this talk about free time and vacations, you've got me all thinking I should do the same. I'm off to drink gallons of water since I forgot all about that up to this point. Hope everyone has a nice evening.
THINBYJUNE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2016, 05:44 PM   #6  

Height: 5' 5"

Evening Dawn and early chicks! We finally have a lovely sunny day with mid-70s. Yee-haw. Since this is test and grading week my schedule is a little bit more flexible and so I left school promptly to take a walk and get a little garden time in. Today it was put-on-the-elbow-high-rosebush-gloves and prune back a prickly bush. It was a little too big and had some grass growing through it. Looks much nicer now.

Ruth, try to remember to say "no" when you are asked to take up a new job to fill your time.
Pearlrose, a new office spot sounds like a pleasant change.
Jennifer, most of our vacation time is "staycation". There's always plenty for me to do around the house and yard. Bet you can find some projects too
Jenne, good to see you again. Hope you feel better soon.

Tonight is planned leftovers. When it was cold and rainy Sunday I made a pot roast and there is enough for a 2nd meal. I just need to find some veggies to go with it.
Beth19 is offline   Reply With Quote