UK Fat Chicks Meet dieters in your area, discuss weight and food issues unique to the UK.

Old 06-13-2016, 07:31 AM   #1  

Default Trying for the 100000000th time

Hi been slowly putting on weight over the past 5 years - basically since meeting my husband and having my baby. At 5 ft 3 and an apple shape the weight really does show. I've been talking about losing weight for easily 18 months (basically since giving birth) and ive tried all the usual tricks such as SW and WW and they haven't worked.I did the clean 9 diet and stuck to it and it was a great kickstarter - I think I lost 7 pounds but it annoyingly ended on my birthday and everyone had bought me bad treats - maccys and cake etc and everything was undone. I'd love to do it again but sadly i just don't have the money, so I'm following a plan my doctor set out for me which is just to eat 3 meals a day and 1 snack at 4pm and 5 minutes e tra excerise a day. Originally she didn't care what I ate so long as I stuck to the rules but I quickly gave up, it's all or nothing for me I guess. So anyway, started again today using MFP for calories and basically just looking for tips or a buddy around the same age (I'm 26) and with similar goals. I think long term wise between 9 to 10.5 stone is achievable and healthy. I'm 15 stone at the moment so it's quite a bit to shift and I get dishartened easily. Mainly with craving chocolate and sugar when stressed/bored!

Anything would be appreciated thank you 😊
pigtotwiguk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2016, 07:59 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 200

Height: 5.4ft

Red face Hey

Hey

I'm in the same boat as you, I was okay with myself in about 2010-2011 then I had my little boy. Since then, calorie counting, dieting and even exercising have been out the window. I've always moaned about my shape, and size. Not feeling comfortable clothed or naked, that miserable feeling of being the one nobody would notice if I dressed up to the 9's. Something clicked a couple of weeks ago, and I told myself that isn't going to be nomore. Nobody can tell you to do it, you have to really want to. I've been using MFP, it's been a good way of staying on track. I'm 5.4ft with an apple shaped body too. I found that I couldn't stick to other peoples diets, as i'm very fussy with what I eat. So in the end, I didnt take a diet on. I Limited myself to 1200 calories per day, I've completely changed my eating habits, no coke or fizzy drinks which has been the hardest for me, i'm now drinking around 2 ltres of water per day. I have about 50-60lbs to loose. I can't see it being easy, but i'm just mainly trying my best to not follow fad diets and actually just make the changes. I check all labels on foods now, and basically if the nutrion shows amber or red, it doesn't get ate. You don't have to feel hungry, you can fill up on as much chicken, veg, fruit ect that you like. I found bodybuilding.com to be very useful for tips and lists of healthy foods. I've been offered ice cream, maccies ect and i've nearly cried saying no. But it's not for anybody else, it's for you. Today my co-workers sat and had KFC while I had my steamed veg & chicken. It was soooo hard. But I know, I could be happier in the long run, than what I will be for half an hour after KFC. I think a few tips I'd recommened are;
Don't broadcast your goals and aims to your family, you'll only feel more disspointed if you don't go through with it.
Stop weighing yourself and make the changes. (set a date, of which your going to stop your bad habits and introduce your good, then weigh yourself a reasonable amount of time after beginning. A week isn't long enough)
If your hungry and bored, make something. Make smoothies, make fruit salads, make banana & oat pancakes, it keeps you busy and then you get too eat after it Everybody's a winner.

If you need some motivation or ect just get in touch with me. I'm definately not an expert but i'm more than happy to give you some positive vibes and talk! It's good to know there's somebody else in my boat.

Goodluck xxx
cole93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2016, 08:09 AM   #3  

Thanks for the advice and encouragement 😊 it's nice to know there are others in the same boat, sometimes it does feel like you are the only one desperately trying everything. I upped my water intake as well sine someone told me hunger pains are usually just thirst pains and a glass will help quieten them down. I know what you mean watching other people eat kfc etc but I think deep down I'd rather just be a smaller healthier me in the long term.

Did you find your body shape sort of changed after having a baby? I've always been apple shaped but now it seems I'm left with a permanent bump - I've had people think I'm pregnant again which is upsetting to say the least. I'm not great with excerise though and I do worry if just dieting is going to be enough.
pigtotwiguk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2016, 12:07 PM   #4  
Motivated member

S/C/G: 310/259/147

Height: 5'6

Hello

I don't have any children so I don't have any experience in that area but I do know exactly how it feels when you keep trying and then start eating bad things again. Im 25 but weigh quite a few stone heavier than yourself, but want to get down to an ideal weight of 10 stone. I got to the point of just being so fed up with carrying over double my healthy weight, I just thought, this 10 minute enjoyment of this kfc really isn't worth it anymore. It even got to the point where I wasn't just having a piece of chocolate Id be eating a family sized bar in one sitting.

In terms of exercise have you tried swimming? It's low impact on your body but every bit gets a workout Some prefer the gym etc but I feel like I'm burning more by swimming
Hannahb3232 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2016, 06:58 PM   #5  

Hey, diets don't work. Sure they will make you lose weight faster than ever but what happens when you reach your goals? You put the weight back on, this is called yo yo dieting and you don't want that to happen. To lose weight and permanently keep it off you need to make LIFESTYLE changes. Start with 30 minutes per day walking straight after a meal. When that get's easier, UP your exercises and cardio sessions. Start eating less junk/sugary foods and the weight will start coming off. Good luck!
JamieAlison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2016, 04:25 PM   #6  

Hey.. Let me know if you'd like to keep in touch elsewhere on a more daily basis.

I'm 28 and need to lose about 15kg.. I'm really struggling and need someone who's in a similar situation with whom I can message everyday and we keep in touch about food diaries and weigh ins 😊
Nadz1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2016, 07:28 PM   #7  

Staying hydrated is really important when trying to lose weight, which helps fight of diseases, and illnesses like cancer, diabetes flu's. AND suppresses your appetite. A simple LIFESTYLE change is ALWAYS overlooked by doctors, they can't make big money from telling people to eat less and exercise more.
JamieAlison is offline   Reply With Quote