Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 06-12-2016, 10:08 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 200/200/150

Height: 5' 8''

Unhappy I need some serious help

Hi everyone! I have been trying to lose this weight for a good 8 months and nothing has happened. I am still 200 lbs and want to get to 150 lbs.

I was diagnosed with pituitary cancer in 2009 and have been cancer free since then but cannot shake the weight. The weight I gained when on steroids and when they put me on a birth control (I have no estrogen otherwise).

I have changed my eating habits, snacks and meals. I do strength exercises every morning and walk nearly 4 miles every day.

Any ideas?

Thanks! <3
dnlaurie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2016, 10:39 PM   #2  

Height: 5'8.5"

Hi and Glad you here

Sorry about your health problems. Do you have a primary care physician who can help you with advice on nutrition and weight loss? I have found that my doctor is my greatest source of support.

Misti in Seattle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2016, 01:44 AM   #3  
NewB'day:27Jun16

S/C/G: 233.4/231.2/199

Height: 5ft 3in

^2nd that.

Looks like you're getting some pretty good exercise. I would say, pick a thread on the forum based on your typical menus and get some feedback on your daily intake from the other members.

Also My Fitness Pal is a good way to monitor your daily intake. It's so easy to consume too many calories.
SeeMyFeet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2016, 10:51 PM   #4  
Warrior Princess

More importantly you beat cancer!

Best advice I can give you is log ALL of your calories with myfitnesspal and there's even an app for your cell (if you have a smart phone), that will really help. You look young so you have that going for you too.

Once you actually see what you're eating it will start to make sense. Then you will add and subtract accordingly. 80% of weight loss is in the kitchen.

Good luck!

There's a daily accountability thread every month that has helped me immensely if you'd like to join.
novangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2016, 10:04 AM   #5  

S/C/G: SW: 323 CW: See Ticker GW: 180

Height: 5'8

Arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by dnlaurie View Post
Hi everyone! I have been trying to lose this weight for a good 8 months and nothing has happened. I am still 200 lbs and want to get to 150 lbs.

I was diagnosed with pituitary cancer in 2009 and have been cancer free since then but cannot shake the weight. The weight I gained when on steroids and when they put me on a birth control (I have no estrogen otherwise).

I have changed my eating habits, snacks and meals. I do strength exercises every morning and walk nearly 4 miles every day.

Any ideas?

Thanks! <3
Hello! First congrats on being Cancer free

I completely understand where you are coming from! I was diagnosed with Cancer (Non Hodgkin Lymphoma) and am now 18 months in remission, after a year and a half of chemotherapy and 14 sessions of radiation. The high dose steroids were something else! I packed on the pounds, and my weight topped off at 323 LBS. Once I got into remission, I had I guess what you'd call an awakening, and decided it was time to focus on my health: mind, body, and spirit. Over the last 18 months (Today is actually my 18 month remission anniversary) I have lost 88 pounds. I have 55 pounds to go until my goal weight (Oh, I forgot to mention I also have an autoimmune thyroid condition which can challenge weight loss.) I'm diabetic, so I have to watch my carb intake (which when it comes to weight loss is a blessing in disguise.) I eat approx 80 carbs a day, and I'm mindful of my calories (I'd assume I eat about 1500 cals a day, but I do not calorie count.) Funny thing is, I have a mostly desk job, and am pretty sedentary. Whatever the case, this has been working for me and I'm steadily losing and continue to lose. I wish you the best of luck in your weight loss journey, and congrats again on remission
JesikaBeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2016, 02:37 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 215/188/150

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by dnlaurie View Post

Any ideas?

Thanks! <3
Wow, you've kicked cancer's a$$ and lived to tell about it. You eat healthy, you exercise everyday, and you're a beautiful person inside and out. What more could you want? Be gentle and kind to yourself, move because you can, live because you escaped illness, enjoy your life and thank your body for what it can do for you. A few pounds don't matter. If you are actively pursuing your health then you are on the receiving end of good health. Weight loss won't necessarily improve that or even make your life better. The pillars of good health are:

- sleep
- nutrition
- hydration
- good digestion
- physical activity
- laughter
- intimacy & love

Focusing on weight doesn't put you at better health, focusing on the pillars of good health does and it sounds like you're addressing them so who cares about a few extra pounds?
Palestrina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2016, 08:27 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 200/200/150

Height: 5' 8''

Thank you so much for these words of praise and advice. I will definitely take this things to heart! <3 <3 <3
dnlaurie is offline   Reply With Quote