South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 04-27-2016, 05:24 AM   #1  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Default Wednesday Warbles, SBD April 27

Good Morning!

Coffee is on. I had to make it twice because my bean hopper was clogged. Nothing like taking the coffeemaker apart before coffee. lol. I'm confident now that there will be hot java waiting downstairs so I am typing fast.

I made it to my days off and am going to plan my strategy soon. I'm thinking about taking my big vehicle down to Costco and filling it with the big bags of soil which I used up with my greenhouse project. It's also time to restock kitty litter. I bought enough last fall to make it through the entire winter but it's time now. Perhaps I could get the neighbor boy to help me unload.

It's 28 degrees at the moment. We got a skiff of snow last night. Not knowing what to expect, I pulled the tomato and basil plants out of the greenhouse last night. I left the kale, parsley, bak choy seedlings and flowers....covered them with plastic. I went out and checked this morning. It's still 36-37 degrees inside so I would probably have been ok. I didn't want to risk it. It's supposed to be sunny and 46 today so I'll take them back out a little later.

What's on your agenda? Stop and say hi!

Have a great day!
Old 04-27-2016, 05:52 AM   #2  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Your weather sounds like mine, Debbie. Yesterday's snow melted by mid-afternoon but last night's temps were well below freezing. I spent most of the time cooking at home or setting up tables at the hall for today's event. Late in the day I picked a huge bunch of daffodils to decorate the Hall. Unfortunately here were a lot with broken stems so I am going to put just the flower on each table with some fake fern. That should make the Hall more springlike. (The table cloths are dark brown - not very springlike but the only ones we had to cover all the tables- so we need some brightening up.)

I loaded my car last night and have just a bit of prep to do before I go to the Hall - celerey sticks, small grape clusters and melon slices need doing. I am so glad I ordered the bread rather than bake it myself and I have someone to pick it up at ten from Margo our baker.

Remind me never to do this again! I'll just donate the $600 to the Mill instead and stay home and quilt.
Old 04-27-2016, 06:38 AM   #3  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

I wish you great success, Ruth! I agree with the money thing. LOL. If we all just gave the amount of money it took us to prep for a bake sale we probably make more than we did selling all the high calorie stuff.

I am trying to get motivated here. It's not working yet.
Old 04-27-2016, 06:59 AM   #4  

Height: 5' 5"

Good morning, early chicks! Ruth and Debbie, we had a couple inches of the white stuff yesterday as well, but it melted by mid-afternoon. But it is chilly this morning so I am letting my car warm up right now.

Today's another work day, same old same old. But as we turn the corner into May this weekend the sprint to the end of the school year will really make itself known. Most of my colleagues are making the "rest of the year" type lesson plans right now.

Ruth, hope the luncheon goes well. I agree about the donation idea. At school I've pretty much gone into that mode rather than buying stuff I don't really want or need. I just figure out the profit margin on an item and give them that.

Debbie, having your coffee maker rebel is a pretty awful way to start the day! Hope you got your cup finally.

Got to go- may your Wednesday be hump-free, chicks!
Old 04-27-2016, 07:04 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

Debbie - congrats on the key, you're moving up in the world! Or at least, the restaurant . I agree on the mater plants, it would be a crime to let them freeze.

Ruth - good grief woman, can someone else help you do all this stuff?! That's crazy!

Nicole - if there were <20 injections, are you talking botox? May I ask what they're for? My physiatrist originally talked botox for my legs, but I'm well beyond that now (spinal cord injury - so upper limbs affected too). You're right, it's okay to fall off the wagon, just have to climb back on it again. After all, this is life. You'll have parties and other things that you''ll do the same thing. The important part is that for the most part you stick to plan. We all stray!

I'm having a nice cup of tea to go with my cold. I think DD is sounding better, and I'm 2 days behind her in symptoms, so maybe the end is near?! That means dinner is whatever is easiest (leftovers!!). Although tomorrow is a crazy evening so leftovers might be better then. We'll see.

I joined one of those meetup groups, they're meeting tonight. I was really hoping to go, but I'm not sure if I sound like this, LOL. What an impression!

Hope everyone has a good hump day!
Old 04-27-2016, 07:20 AM   #6  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Wednesday Warblers, how could I resist?! Good morning Running around like a chicken with, well you know. Every day I get in here, play whack-a-mole with spammers, read the early posts, and run out of time Now I need to get ready for work so just a quick drop-in. I'll be back later. Happy hump day!
Old 04-27-2016, 07:24 AM   #7  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Well, since there is no place in Delta to buy lunch - even a hot dog - we have to supply a lunch for bus tours. I did farm out the soup (lentil) and the bread but have done the apple crisp and the stuff for the ploughman's lunch plate - celery, carrot sticks, cherry tomatoes, 2 wedges of cheese, hard boiled egg, chutney, grapes, apple slices, a bit of melon and a wedge of our Mill bread. A have a crew coming in to assemble the plates at 11 for lunch at 12:30. The apple/strawberry, rhubarb crisps turned out well. I'll pop them in the oven to cook a bit more when I get to the Hall.

I still think $12 is too low for such a lunch but Katherine set the price, not me. Right now she is in Umbria getting ready for lunch is some quaint trattoria. Yes, I'm envious!
Old 04-27-2016, 07:30 AM   #8  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruthxxx View Post
I still think $12 is too low for such a lunch but Katherine set the price, not me.
Definitely too low IMO. Sounds delicious!
Old 04-27-2016, 07:52 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 162/145/145

Height: 5' 9 3/4

Good morning.

Ruth I don't know how you do it!!! I agree the price is too low, especially considering all the work involved.

Debbie smart move bringing the plants inside. I'm still trying to figure out if my Montauk daisy survived. It looks like mush lol.

Beth you are almost in the home stretch too. Hopefully May moves quickly. I bet you are looking forward to the end of June.

Tammy what is a meet up group? Glad DD is feeling better, hope you are too.

Cyndi have a great day!

We had our meeting last night. A lot of new faces riding this year. Great attendance there had to be close to 100 people. I have to be good to my arm/elbow. My ortho gave me a nice shot of cortisone. He was funny he said I know you are not going to make the time to go to PT, but I'm sure you can watch YouTube. He recommended a few stretching exercises and very light weights no heavier than 5 pounds. I have tennis elbow which can take months before it heals in its own. Otherwise nothing new here. Begrudgingly I go back to work today.

Enjoy the day.
Old 04-27-2016, 08:59 AM   #10  

Height: 5' 7"

Good morning,

It is a rainy day here and we did get severe thunderstorm yesterday but no hail so that is good. My meeting in house was moved so no need to go in today though I need to go in tomorrow for a meeting. We always eat lunch at this meeting and this month we are doing brunch so I am going to make the breakfast cheesecake to take in for it.

Debbie hope you have some relaxing time on your days off as well. Glad the plants did okay

Ruth that is too much work for so little money. Hope it is a success though

Beth I know it's almost the last month of school for my DD2 they get out at the end of May

Tywnn I am interested in knowing what a meet up group is as well

Cyndi good morning, don't you hate hectic days. Will you get the summer off with this job?

Jekel that is a good amount of people. When I fall a couple of years ago I ended up with golfer's elbow. I found reflexology on you tube to help and it took some months but it went away, I still do the moves for it to stretch it out seems good for the wrists too.

Have a great day everyone!
Old 04-27-2016, 09:14 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 223.5/225/165

Height: 5'4

Hi everyone today will be a quick post. I am still not feeling great but wanted to check in. I did better yesterday but still not all on plan. I am getting rolling nausea and dizziness.

Tammy - Yes, I get botox every 3 months for a movement disorder. Unfortunately, I get such high doses I get sick. They inject almost all the muscles on my left side from my shoulders to my feet. Are you a candidate for spinal cord stimulation? I also have a brain stimulator. If you want to talk more you can message me.

Ok off to put my head down. Have a good one ladies.
Old 04-27-2016, 07:11 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 223.5/225/165

Height: 5'4

I wanted to check in here one last time. I realized low carb is not the way for me to go. I am going to join Weight Watchers and see if that works better for me. Thank you for all the support. I will still be around on the boards
Closed Thread