South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 04-05-2016, 05:31 AM   #1  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Default Tuesday, April 5 - Got it right today!

Up at 4 this morning and two coffees probably helped me get the day right! I just wish I could sleep later. Can't blame the Dog Alarm lately as he and Millie are now closed off in the stove room and I can barely hear them upstairs.

A relatively easy day ahead - so far! I plan to spend the morning in town at the eye doctor and then a visit to a greenhouse to get a whiff of Spring. Our temps are staying below freezing these days so outside puttering is not an option. I even see snow in the forecast for a few days this month. We had a skiff of the white crud yesterday morning.

A few more job applications came through yesterday so the rest of the week is filling up with interviews. The competition closes today. Whew! I'm sure glad we are not doing interviews for every applicant - just picking out the ones with an interest in history, tourism and architecture with bilingualism a bonus! We're still not sure how many positions are funded! The bank account is running dry which is usual this time of year when we start nibbling away at our line of credit.

Another coffee, a check of email and the CBC news and I'll be out of here. Happy Tuesday!
Old 04-05-2016, 07:00 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

Ruth, I think your dogs have you trained very well . I think it would be fun to be doing the interviews, but I'm sure it gets old as time goes on. It is also quite cold this AM (the poor daffodils look so sad!), but it warms up during the day and will warm up overall by the end of the week (I think).

I have my awesome griping companion coming over for tea this AM, which is great after my day yesterday. I texted her yesterday and asked if we could drink instead, LOL. I do have a nice lean roast to make for dinner tonight. DH has a physical at the end of the month, and is at his all time highest weight, so I need to try and help him eat a little healthier.

Nicole - great job on your menu! I would stick to the lower calorie milk instead of half and half. Although we don't count calories here, true SBD does call for the lower fat varieties of milk. Some do choose to use half and half because....well, that's their priority in life!! Did you get the SBD flu (headache) from sugar withdrawal?

Have a great Tuesday!
Old 04-05-2016, 07:17 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 162/145/145

Height: 5' 9 3/4

Grumble grumble the prep is not working ugh. Going to call the dr to see if I should add something to help. I stayed up and watched the NCAA game. Literally won at the buzzer. Phenomenal game last night. Nothing to report here, literally nothing lol. Coconut may get his spring cleaning today although I feel badly shaving him with the cold temps.

Nicole I am a coffee junkie. I use ShopRite's organic half and half. Only 1 gram of sugar. To me low fat or skim milk just doesn't make my coffee, coffee lol. In all the years I have dieted I have never factored coffee into any plan. It's that important to me , wow that sounds sad right? What's on plan for today's menu?

Tammy we are on the same wave length. Can I come over, I'll bring wine. I think Reisling should count as a clear liquid lol. My daffodils look like someone stomped on them overnight. Mother Nature must be angry again. Enjoy your time with your friend. Feel free to vent to me anytime you need to

Ruth the gym will get easier as you build up strength and endurance. You might even find sleep as an added bonus. Glad the interviews are going well. Have fun shopping and good luck at the eye doctor.

Well both sump pumps have been replaced and are working as intended. Although I am paranoid so I will check them again today. I tried riding last night, but without real food I felt very drained and got a cramp in my side. Maybe today will be better. I may putter on the real computer today and order some pictures. Since the smart phone craze I rarely order prints anymore. I have a multi picture frame I want to put Police a Unity Tour photos in for my office. I can't believe it is a little over a month away. Next week hopefully things will warm up so I can get my miles in outdoors.

One more cup of black coffee before my lovely cocktail. Cheers to a great day!

Last edited by jekel383; 04-05-2016 at 07:18 AM.
Old 04-05-2016, 08:44 AM   #4  

Height: 5' 7"

Good morning,

I fell asleep last night around 9 p.m. guess I was tired. Today is wfh, DD2 woke up not feeling well but has no fever or cough so I sent her to school and to have her text me if she feels worse during the day. I figure if she ends up with fever or a bad cough or sneezing I will keep her home. Nothing on the agenda for me other than conference calls and trying to get reports generated if I am left alone to do them.

Ruth I am tired of interviewing and I still got 4 and half positions to fill. I am tired of reading resumes as well (Why would you have a 4 page resume)

Tywnn have fun with your tea companion, I would say sneak some wine into that but not sure that is a great combination

Jekel I hope the prep works for you, how many more days to try and get it done

Have a great day everyone!
Old 04-05-2016, 01:16 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 223.5/225/165

Height: 5'4

Hello-

Day one went well for me with minimal cravings. Today I am sticking to the plan as well.

Ruth - Do you do a lot of gardening? I am getting ready to plant some herbs. This will be my first herb garden but I have grown tomatoes and cucumbers before.

Tywnn- I actually prefer the milk so I was worried. I did not get the "flu" yet.

jekel383- I love my coffee. I will prob keep half and half or weekends. Today's menu:

Breakfast: Celery and cream cheese with coffee and fat-free milk

Lunch: salad, asparagus and turkey meatloaf with kombucha to drink

Dinner:Grilled chicken salad and water

Almonds as a snack

Pearlrose you made me laugh. You are tired of reading resumes and I am tired of sending. I lost my job Feb 2.

Hope you all have a great day
Old 04-05-2016, 02:46 PM   #6  
Weight loss enthusiast

S/C/G: 180/170/140

Height: 5 10'

So i have been doing great, lost 8 pounds over the past 2 weeks. This past weekend we had a first communion, i had too much red wine and that lead to eating a whole big bag of chips! which is terrible, i have ibs as well and eating junk makes me feel really sick, but i could not stop. i feel so bad.
Old 04-05-2016, 04:30 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

Oh concon, welcome! And you learned the lesson, right?! It's easy to stay on the wagon if you stick to plan (because you lose the cravings), but boy....if you stray off.....BOOM! Those cravings come back with a vengeance!!

Nicole - did the celery satisfy you for breakfast?
Old 04-05-2016, 05:46 PM   #8  

Height: 5' 5"

Good Evening (late afternoon??) chicks. It's been a busy couple of days at work this week as the marking period is ending...but as always, this will pass. I just wish our extended winter would also pass and we could move on to spring! We had that weather tease but this week it has been cold.

Jennifer, hope things went better today. Is the procedure tomorrow or Thursday?
Pearlrose, 4 pages? I thought the point was short and sweet.
Nicole, looks like you are doing a good job. Keep it up!
Tammy, I bet you enjoyed your visitor!
concon, bummer you fell off the wagon this weekend, but get back on it! Consistency is the ket.
Ruth, are interviews done now?

Have a good evening, chicks.

Last edited by Beth19; 04-05-2016 at 05:46 PM.
Closed Thread