South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 03-26-2016, 04:09 AM   #1  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Default Weekend Beach Chat, March 26-27

Good morning!

I volunteered to work today, not really. I was the only choice for fill-in. A coworker has gout. I can't imagine she'll be there tomorrow but I already work. Of course, it's Friday night so my 17-year-old neighbor has all his friends over and they are playing music. He's my good kid yard helper so of course I would never say anything. It's not that loud, part of it is the old windows and the fact that my bedroom is closest to their house. Oh well I decided to give insomnia 207 a try. That's get up for a while have some coffee set the alarm for later and go back to bed. LOL.

Mother and I went to the attorney yesterday to discuss the eviction. It's in his hands now so I feel less stressed about that. I'm going to have a little more coffee before trying the go back to bed trick. Hope you have all have a wonderful Saturday!
Old 03-26-2016, 07:47 AM   #2  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Suddenly it's Saturday and the bunny comes tomorrow. Unless the ice really melts today, he'll be slipping and sliding instead of hopping. We are going to be sunny and 43º so there is hope. Maybe the snowpile on the front garden will melt so my daffodils can come up.

Sorry you have to work, Debbie, and I hope your co-worker appreciates you. I sympathize with you on the noisy neighbour. Would earplugs help?

Once again Jazz woke me at 3 and they both went out for potty although that doesn't seem to be the problem - just a tour of the yard and back in. I think he just really misses me. Millie and I went back upstairs to bed and he stayed downstairs. Although he manages the stairs up to the deck, he seems afraid of the ones inside. I have stair trouble myself so can't carry him up but may try him on the leash. Anyhow Millie sure loves to snuggle in beside me on the bed and we went back to sleep until nearly 7. I guess I'm slowly chipping away at my sleep deficit!

Nothing exciting planned for the weekend and I am not going to a freezing cold sunrise service on the top of windy Foley Mountain. Call me an old lady but I refuse to be mean to my body. I'll make sure the coffee is ready back at the Church.

Since I have the Hyper Pypers coming for Easter Dinner on Monday, I'd better hie me to the grocery in Elgin this morning and do a bit of a shop. I know ham is traditional but I am doing a stuffed pork tenderloin with mushroom sauce and asparagus or sugar snap peas, whichever they have. The grocery store here in the village is fine but the veggie selection is poor - not many veggies with a short shelf-life.

Enjoy the weekend. I am planning to avoid Cadbury Cream eggs and all chocolate. Wish me luck!
Old 03-26-2016, 08:17 AM   #3  

Height: 5' 5"

Good morning, early chicks! Ruth, it only made it to the mid-30s yesterday, and then rained, but at least our ice is gone. Today is a beautiful sunny morning with warm temps today and warmer tomorrow. There is hope spring may come!!

Ruth, glad you are working on catching up on your sleep! I agree, when Easter falls in March those sunrise services in our neck of the woods are a tad chilly. I'd offer to be in charge of the coffee too. (the good news is Easter swings back into April for the next few years) Have a good trip to the store.

Debbie, you are probably one of the most reliable workers and your boss is lucky to have you. Sorry about the eviction dragging on. In NYS it also requires a court appearance; is that true for you? Hope the day is just the right amount of busy and you end up with full pockets.

As far as Easter, we are taking my parents to a buffet; it is just easier that way. I don't have to buy candy anymore since the kids are gone, but I did buy some dark chocolate dipped apples to take to my parents' house. That's kinda SB right?? Dark chocolate and apples? The point is I can have a slice and leave them there.

Time for a coffee refill.
Old 03-26-2016, 08:27 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 162/145/145

Height: 5' 9 3/4

Good morning woke up to a bright sunny albeit chilly morning.

Debbie sorry your have to work today. Hopefully the attorney can make the eviction process less stressful for you and your mom. Do you have plans after work tomorrow?

Ruth your Easter dinner sounds delicious!!! You just reminded me to put dessert in the oven...lol I am a fast baker. I used to bring Mick down stairs on the leash. Hopefully that will help Jazz and you get some sleep!

Nothing new here, I'm pretty boring lol. I am going to try and get a few things done for tomorrow before work today. I hope to have time for an outdoor ride tomorrow before putting the turkey in the oven. I didn't buy any candy except a bunny for DS which should help me stay OP. I better look and see if I am close to my monthly goal.

Have a great day!
Old 03-27-2016, 08:30 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 162/145/145

Height: 5' 9 3/4

Happy Easter everyone!

Enjoying my smoothie and coffee before starting the day. Laundry is going too. I do need to clean before cooking. Yesterday I dismantled my bed to put a rug under it. I was horrified by the dog hair lol. It's a platform bed with drawers underneath so why would I ever think to vacuum under it lol. Well that project lead to changing to my lighter bedding and giving my room a spring cleaning.....which lead to me being 15 minutes late for work lol

Hope everyone enjoys today. I did pick up a very small bag of jelly beans for my Easter treat. I always had jell beans as a kid on Easter.....usually with my breakfast!
Old 03-27-2016, 08:38 AM   #6  

Height: 5' 5"

Good morning and happy Easter Jennifer and chicks to come!

Quick check in. We will be having dinner with my parents and doing too much sitting in the car today. But it is good to see family. Back to the beach and good habits tomorrow.

May your day be sunny and full of the promise of spring!
Old 03-27-2016, 08:49 AM   #7  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Back from the sunrise service and it definitely was cold. Hot coffee and Hot Cross buns were appreciated. Barb insisted I go to the service with her husband while she did the coffee prep. It was a lovely service and sunrise and I'm now glad I went.....and glad I wore my winter coat!

Easter Dinner on Monday has changed from pork tenderloin, thanks to Kevin, my charming and persuasive butcher! The store in Elgin has an old-fashioned meat department where they cut meat to order. The tenderloins were frozen but prime rib was on sale and Kevin sold me a 4 pound roast. That'll be a treat. I'll do the potatoes around the roast and may even have one.

Not sure what the day will bring except sunshine and melting snow. I may take a quick run into Ottawa to check out Shirleyanne's family. It will be a strange Easter for them. I's a bit of a drive but ... I'll phone first. If that doesn't work out, I'm sure I can " fill in the time"!
Closed Thread