South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 02-26-2016, 04:43 AM   #1  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Default TGIF Beach Chatting, Feb 26

Good Morning!

The pups woke me so I hit the coffee button early. They're outside so I'd better say hello quickly and go join them. It feels like a somewhat mild day here and the snow is melting. We certainly don't want any of Jennifer's weather!

I'm going to work on taxes this morning then head to Denver. I think I'll browse several of the greenhouses just for fun. Meeting at noon and potluck tonight. That's about it here!

Whats on your agenda? Stop and say hi!
Old 02-26-2016, 07:02 AM   #2  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Good morning and welcome to Friday. I was up at 4 but after doing the dog stuff, went back to bed just in case I could grab bit more zzzzzzz. Millie joined me and had a nice snuggle but I gave up at 6 and got up. It's starting to get bright at 6 these days. When do we change our clocks?

Debbie, I would love a greenhouse visit today, especially since be are back to cold and ice.

Got payroll out of the way and mailed off the government forms in the morning yesterday. Went to the bank for more cheques and they were closed due to a power outage. Delta was lucky because there were 23,000 homes with no electricity from Hydro lines down from ice. Schools were closed too because of bad driving. I must live in Gloccamorra!

Yesterday Lisa brought over Angus's bed, toys, towels, wardrobe, kibble, all sorts of doggie treats and special stuff to share with my two. She is nuts about her dog and cooks up hamburger and chicken to add to his food. She even buys pieces of Parmesan to grate for him. She is amazed at how well he behaves for me - with her, he pretty well does whatever he wants but he knows who the boss is in this household. It'll be an interesting ten days.

Since schools were closed yesterday, my interview was cancelled. Apparently the interview questions were not assigned so M will interview me on Sunday, providing school is open for business today. The kids have missed 7 days of classes just this month due to weather and power outages.

Just looked and both furries are sleeping in their dog-cousin's big bed. Time for me to shower and dress so I'm ready when A. arrives.

TGIF, I think.
Old 02-26-2016, 08:09 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 162/145/145

Height: 5' 9 3/4

Good morning. Debbie a visit to a greenhouse sounds like a great idea. I think we all could use one. Hope work passes quickly so you can enjoy your time in Denver.

Ruth the pups must be so excited for Angus' visit! Boy the kids have certainly missed a lot of school by you. Do you get to stay home today and be entertained by the pups?

Yesterday I was in a foul mood. Just annoyed at every little thing, can we say hormones lol. I almost snapped at my supervisor yesterday. That wouldn't of been good as what I had planned on saying was grounds for insubordination. I did manage not to give in to my wanting chocolate so that was a plus. I stayed up late when I got home trying to reset my Bluetooth, yeah no luck with that. I did however get my new Fitbit in the mail so you know I had to play with it before bed.

Today I am going to put the bike rack on my car and pick up my bike. The mirror also came yesterday so I will replace that too (let's just say the house got in my way when I was backing up oops) I think I will stop at Panera and pick up a salad for dinner. They have a new one with quinoa which is great for lent! Better get moving. Have a great day!

Last edited by jekel383; 02-26-2016 at 08:10 AM.
Old 02-26-2016, 08:32 AM   #4  

Height: 5' 7"

Good morning,

Got back last night around 8:30 p.m. enough time left to spend a few hours with DD2 and DH before bed. Today, I have to go pick up some prescriptions but I do need to do some work get some reports ready for Monday and I have one conference call at 2 p.m. other than that not planning on doing anything else for work.

DH and I have tickets to a concert this evening, Frankie Ballard so will be going to that. I have already started on laundry and realized I bought a big container of softener versus laundry detergent so will need to go to store and buy some this morning as well.

Debbie enjoy the trip to the greenhouse should be fun

Ruth sounds like the pups are ready for some company. The schools here were out on Wednesday.

Jekel enjoy your day off today, glad you were able to resist the chocolate.

Have a great day everyone!
Old 02-26-2016, 10:02 AM   #5  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Quickie check back in. I finished my taxes this morning I'm in major need of coffee and the pups need to go out! It's bright and sunny....possibly a tad bit warm.
Old 02-26-2016, 10:20 AM   #6  

Height: 5' 5"

Good morning, chicks!
What a strange work week for me! Two days of school, 2 snow days, and I took this morning off for my mammogram. I might have to actually show up 5 days in a row next week! lol

Debbie, I am so happy for you! I am thinking I will do our taxes next weekend. It's always a good feeling to get that out of the way. And a greenhouse visit sounds awesome!

Ruth, do your schools schedule in snow days or do the kids have to give up vacation? Around here the school calendar starts out with 186 days even though we only will be in session 180. That way snow days are accounted for; if we don't use them they will add a day to spring break or Memorial Day. Enjoy your day!

Jennifer, ahhhh, the joys of being female! Hope today is a better day! I will have to check out that Panera salad.And good job on ignoring the chocolate.

Pearlrose, enjoy the concert!

Have a good day, chicks. TGIF
Old 02-26-2016, 01:51 PM   #7  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Beth I'm not sure how they handle school snow days. I must ask some of my teacher pals.

Angus has arrived and has accepted me as leader of the pack with little Millie as second in command. I left them on their own for an hour while I went out for the mail and banking and all was well except for one chewed up Kleenex tissue. Right now they are all napping, Angus lying with his head on his large stuffed dog toy. So silly! I am thinking of a nap myself but will opt out and read for a while instead.

It's gloriously sunny here although cold. The trees look gorgeous with the ice sparkling in the sun. There are lots of areas still without electricity and I bet they aren't enjoying the sight as much as we are here in our warm houses. Shades of the Ice Storm of 1999 when we were without power for 21 days. We had the woodstove for heat and cooking and lanterns for light but it sure was awful not having water. I met Sue at the bank this morning - their power has been out since Monday evening so they are coming over here to take showers and stay for a stew supper.
Old 02-26-2016, 07:58 PM   #8  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

just a Friday night fly-by. We are about to relax with wine and Netflx. Tomorrow we are off to CT again, so resting up tonight. Maybe we will get lucky and actually get a good night's sleep too.
Closed Thread