South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 02-18-2016, 04:29 AM   #1  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Default Thankful Thursday, SBD Feb 18

Good morning! Coffee is on. BBS

I thought I get us started this morning. I'm still in bed but probably not for long. Once my mind turns on there seems to be no going back to sleep. I will qualify and say I did go to bed early. LOL

Yesterday ended up being a great day! My rental is on the street above my home here. There's a stairway in the back that takes us from our yard to the street above. The tenants were using an old dresser which was my grandmothers that they no longer wanted to use. Unfortunately, the storage house next-door was jampacked full of stuff which needed a reorganize. When we did the final step to turn The little house into a rental all of my grandmother's furniture went over to the unused house which already have stuff in it.
Anyway, I went up early and started sorting and reorganizing. I took a few things to the thrift store but put two mattresses on the Facebook garage sale and a friend of mine took them right away. By the time I left everything was looking much better than previously.
I was filthy dirty by that time but came back down and it was almost 60° so we went to the basement and drug out the lawn years and sat in the backyard for a while.

So today I'm going to take it much easier. I may go down to Denver to the Garden show and pick up a couple of outdoor chairs at Home Depot. Also need to do some banking.
I'm thankful for just about everything, but especially for my doggies. They are so sweet so happy and so trusting and the matter what kind of a day I'm having all I have to do is look at them and be immediately cheered up.

Right now I'm thankful that I made the coffee when I let the dogs out. I think I'll head down and find a comfy! Have a Great day everyone

ETA-Tammy you asked about the trees. I have five mountain ash trees in my yard one is so old it was there when I was a kid. They just get this guy off weigh a pie and I do a lot of trimming on them myself but can't get the high stuff so it always catches Mayeye. They charge so much here for tree trimming. A year ago I had two big box elder trees taken down at my rental. Granted they were big and they did take away all the wood and slash but it was $1900.
Part of my excitement is that I don't have to pay and the other part is that they will look really nice this year.

Last edited by Lexxiss; 02-18-2016 at 05:04 AM. Reason: Eta
Old 02-18-2016, 05:10 AM   #2  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Good morning, Debbie, and earlybirds to come. Been up since 4 with my lonesome Jazz who is now zzzing at my feet. I do think he'campaigning to sleep with me but I'm holding strong.

I managed to get the car onto the road yesterday since there were bank papers to sign. It was tricky because my lane is very narrow so there was a lot of manipulation involved. I would not have managed if Gus had not shoveled away the big drift in front of the doors. He is a great neighbour and just does things that he sees need doing.

I also had to go to the store as I needed to cook for two friends. Joanne is feeling really rotten and, although the hospital test results are not in for 3 weeks, she went to the local clinic this morning and is on medication for Lyme disease! This part of Ontario is famous for ticks! She is the third friend who has contacted it. Another friend, Maggie, was to have a mastectomy yesterday in Kingston but the electricity was out for most of the day because of the storm so ... now she is back home and feeling pretty glum. I hope they can rebook her soon. I am going to make a big beef and vegetable stew in my crockpots.

What a week this has been and it's still only Thursday! Book Club is here on tomorrow night for those of us still standing.

I'm thankful that I'm still standing and have good friends and neighbours.
Old 02-18-2016, 07:11 AM   #3  

Height: 5' 7"

Good morning,

Today is in office day for me so getting ready to leave. I am thankful for all of my family and friends in my life. I am official done with PT and will just continue the exercises at home.

What is up with the website it looks different and you all have ads inside of your posts? maybe its just my computer.

Debbie you accomplished a lot yesterday, enjoy your day. We are up to the 50s today and are supposed to be in the 70s by tomorrow

Ruth glad you were able to get out and that is very nice of you to take care of your friends.

Have a wonderful day everyone!
Old 02-18-2016, 07:19 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

Really? They're putting ads in our posts now? Pshaw....

You guys are WAY too busy that early in the am. I admit, I was up at 4 am, but went back to sleep around 5:30.

Debbie - new law chairs?! I do love my zero gravity chair. They made a mistake on the price at Target, so we got the $70 one for $35!!
Ruth - you do have an awesome neighbor. Do you pay him in food or wine?!?

For me, a clean slate today. I wanted to go to Sam's yesterday but didn't make it. If I'm feeling up to it, I'll go there and maybe WalMart (the necessary evil).

I keep wanting to clean up my eating, but not sure how to do it (we do talk about diet here, right?). We're on a budget with me being off work, so I really don't want to get into the expense of pre-cut everything. But, prepping physically destroys my upper body muscles (we're working on stuff to control that, but we'll see in the next week what will happen...). I've resorted to easy foods often because DS eats them (and he's a bean pole) and they're easier on me to make. I've gained back 10 of the 15 lbs I lost post-op (I liked myself 5 lbs ago, LOL), and my DH is at his highest weight ever (not that he's that bad, but his blood work is bad). Any ideas on simple meals that are SBD compliant, not a lot of prep? I need to start making chili more often, and my red or black beans and rice, especially in this weather. And of course, Mexican crock pot, although that's pushing my prep limit on chopping...
Old 02-18-2016, 07:20 AM   #5  

Good morning Pearl! The website does look different. Funny, the sticky notes aren't separate anymore, and Ruth and Debbie have Jenny Craig ads in their posts (although yours doesn't...yet...). Hope it's a quiet day at work!

(oh...the ads are in the first and last posts...)

Last edited by TwynnB; 02-18-2016 at 07:22 AM.
Old 02-18-2016, 07:26 AM   #6  

Height: 5' 5"

Good morning Ruth and Debbie! We have sunny and cold today which is awesome after the cloudy storm days. Yesterday DH and I went to BJs and I could not believe how much ice was still on the roads and how heavy the trees were. I'm super thankful for the neighbor that came and plowed since it was the wet heavy slush type snow where every scoop seems to weigh 100 pounds.I am also thankful we never lost our power! And that spring is only a few weeks away.

Ruth, sorry to hear about your friends health issues. Glad you are back today! you lose power?

Debbie, what a good day. The garden show sounds awesome! Wish I could join you.

Have a thankful day chicks.

eta-holy typos!! I need to proof read better when I post from my kindle!!

Last edited by Beth19; 02-18-2016 at 09:58 AM.
Old 02-18-2016, 07:30 AM   #7  

Height: 5' 5"

And a good morning to Tammy and Pearlrose who snuck in while I was typing!

ETA-
I was on my kindle earlier and saw the ads, but now on my computer I don't see ads, but the whole site certainly looks different.

Last edited by Beth19; 02-18-2016 at 08:15 AM.
Old 02-18-2016, 08:15 AM   #8  
Come on Spring!

The problem with the layout and ads has been reported to Internet Brands tech wizard. I don' t see any ads but my stickies are in the wrong spot.
Old 02-18-2016, 08:31 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 162/145/145

Height: 5' 9 3/4

Good morning everyone.

Lol I thought it was just me seeing ads in posts.

Tammy I buy frozen veggies for chili, soups and for crockpot cooking. Yes even the Creamy Mexican casserole lol. I use the pre cut pepper and onion combo. Frozen veggies are way cheaper too. When they are being cooked with other things they are fine. Keeps it simple too.

Ruth glad to see you are back today. Sorry about your friends

Debbie you got a lot accomplished yesterday. Hope you find chairs you like.

Beth, like Ruth, what a great neighbor! Hope today's son melts some of your snow.

Pearlrose thanks for the advice I did a few of the stretches yesterday and I actually feel a little better this morning.

I remember reading wine is a great muscle relaxer. So last night when I came home I self medicated with a glass. Actually slept much better last night. Nothing on the agenda before work. I do need to make a deposit to cover a few bills. Today I am thankful for a good night's sleep. I really needed it.
Old 02-18-2016, 08:44 AM   #10  

Duh - frozen prechopped veggies. You're a genius, Jennifer! Won't be good for summertime salads, but will be good for now anyways. I'm glad you got a good night's sleep.
Old 02-18-2016, 08:51 AM   #11  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Good morning Chicks We slept in a little bit, now DH is off to the doc for a spine referral. He has decided it is time to have that back surgery he's been putting off. hoping he can get it done sooner rather than later so it doesn't have a huge impact on our summer. It should be interesting because it is clearly a workman's comp issue and they know the incident was messed up. he attended a training this week where they actually talked about what a disaster that incident was. Hope we don't need a lawyer, but I'll definitely call one if we do.
I had a lovely visit and trip to the playground with the adorable toddler yesterday. It was a lot of driving for a 2 hour visit, but so worth it. DD and I decided we could take turns on nice days and have lunch/outside play visits

Today is our only home day this week. I had a turkey craving, so we will get our last turkey of the season in and just relax today. I was happy to find a fresh turkey at the store this week. Cricket will be very excited Dh feels best when horizontal, so maybe we will catch-up on some movie watching too.

Debbie - Sounds like a relaxing day is exactly what you need. Hope it works out that way.

Ruth - So much going on, I hope you get a little time to catch your breath. We have a Lyme problem here too. Cricket and I are tick magnets, so not fun.

Tammy - Can you convince the kids to act as sous chefs? Frozen veggies aren't as exciting, but are easy. When I don't have much time I rely on crockpot bean meals, especially the dump everything in and cook variety. They are good for the budget too.

Beth - the ice is nasty here. I fell yesterday and the path was so slick I had trouble getting back up. Yuck. Sounds the weather is forcing you to have a relaxing break, so not all bad

Jennifer - We do use wine instead of muscle relaxers around here. I agree, a glass works as well as a pill and it is more fun. Hooray for a good night's sleep!

Okay, I'm going to get a few chores done before DH is back home. Tomorrow we are off to CT again, not good for his back but we don't have a choice. I'm going to get my seed starting area set-up today. Garden planning always makes me feel better
Old 02-18-2016, 10:43 AM   #12  
Come on Spring!

Tammy, I just remembered a frozen veggie salad. You dump a bag of assorted frozen veggies, mix in a bottle of diet dressing and pop it into the fridge to thaw overnight. You end up with a whole bowl of marinated salad - Easy Peasy!

Just shoveled and called my propane guy since we are at 0 left! Sure hope he can deliver before the weekend although this very cold weather is supposed to moderate before then. The dogs may be sleeping with me tonight as the back room will be cold.
Closed Thread