Old 02-16-2016, 04:17 PM   #1  
I Can Do This

S/C/G: S 270/C Ticker/MiniGoal#1 170

Height: 5' 5"

Default DYI Hybrid Do Your Own Thing Support

Hi all,

I've noticed that there are a lot of us here doing our own thing. For some, it's a combo of commercially available plans, for others it's just a matter of figuring out what works for our mindset, bodies and lifestyle.

Hopefully this can be a place to discuss what we're doing, why we're doing it this way, how it's working, and generally support each other!
Vickie Chickie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2016, 11:30 PM   #2  

Howdy. Thanks for the invite here. I am approaching my weight from a health standpoint rather than a numbers game. I am eating a more natural diet with lots of home prepared foods. I decided on this approach after watching some lectures by Dr. Lustig about sugar in our diet. I didn't want to go totally sugar free, but decided the addition of sugars and additives in processed foods couldn't be good for anyone. I mostly wanted to feel better and avoid diabetes which runs in my family.

So I'm 5'10" and weight is 296 down fom 310 after 1 month of this new approach to eating. My depression is better than it has ever been. I feel great and if I never lose another pound it is fine with me.
ChristaMA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2016, 02:53 AM   #3  

Hi there! In the past I have always been an all or nothing kind of girl. I would be super strict with my diet and try and do loads of exercise. But of course I couldn't keep it up. I burn out.

This time around I am just calorie counting. I am going to try and make healthier choices and keep my fruit and veg count quite high but ultimately I want to be able to not feel guilty if I eat a bar of chocolate as along with the guilt comes binging and that is partly why I am here.

So I am starting slow by just sticking to a calorie limit, drinking more water and doing some swimming and walking and seeing how that goes x
blueboxgeek is offline   Reply With Quote