South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 01-31-2016, 07:53 AM   #1  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Default Thursday March 3 ***

dummy post
Old 03-03-2016, 06:28 AM   #2  

Height: 5' 5"

Default Thankful Thursday March 3

Good morning, chicks. It is clear and cold but look to be a sunny day here so I am thankful for that. I am also thankful that the long range forecast seems to be bringing a taste of almost spring weather.

Today I am off a bit early to a workshop concerning new curriculum. I hope it is informative but either way it is fun to take a trip with a co-worker whom I like! We may end up lunching out; I revisited the sticky on fast food and did a bit of investigation so I have a plan.

Debbie, so sorry about your news. I think I was posting at the same time you were yesterday.

Cyndi, DH and I have been looking for non-white wheat pasta and recently came across a few options. Last night we tried mac and cheese made with chickpea elbows. Surprisingly tasty!

Got to run. Have a thankful day, chicks.
Old 03-03-2016, 06:45 AM   #3  
Come on Spring!

Default Thoughtful Thursday - March 3

Thinking of Lexxis today as she thinks of Bing.

I'm also thinking that I never want to deal with puppyhood again as dear visitor Angus decided that five days was long enough to be a good dog. Dogs are puppies until they are two IMHO and A. decided yesterday was a good day to remove the eyeballs from one of his stuffies. It kind of freaked me out to have him drop a larger than life-size eyeball on my lap. The other one is "somewhere" and I'm hoping to find it when I clean.

I did get the rum cake done without mishap, finally got new cheques from the bank and helped Andrea write Shirleyanne's obituary for the Ottawa paper. I also tracked down her prodigal brother and got him to telephone his Dad who has not seen his grandkids for four years and they live a 20-minute drive away. I guess I did accomplish some things yesterday.

Not sure what today may bring but it IS my dear sister Joan's 74th birthday so I must call her for sure. We usually do a classy lunch for our birthdays but we are both a little bummed out: our younger cousin Bill is in palliative care in Oakville so we are waiting to hear about his funeral.

I badly need Spring but another coffee will have to do! I hear rumours that the temps will go above freezing next week - maybe into the fifties by mid-week. I am sooo ready!

Hope your day is thoughtful and thankful.
Old 03-03-2016, 07:00 AM   #4  
Come on Spring!

Not sure what happened there. Seem to be a lot of techy changes!
Old 03-03-2016, 07:21 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 162/145/145

Height: 5' 9 3/4

Good morning

Beth enjoy your lunch wherever it is. Glad you like your co workers too. Had dinner last night with John and went out to lunch with a few colleagues. I stayed OP for both. Kinda proud of myself at Chipolte's too. Resisted the chips and when having my salad made I skipped the meat and asked for double fajita veggies and asked for a very small amount of guacamole. It's great they make it in front of you which put me in better control of the portion. John and I meet weekly lately for dinner to discuss work woes. We are beyond stressed at work and thankfully have each other to talk too.

Ruth I think Angus wanted to get you a present for your hospitality lol. Sorry to hear about your cousin. Thinking of you as I know you have a few tough days ahead.

Thinking of Debbie too.

Today is just the normal work day. Tomorrow I want to attend a wake before going in. One of the Captain's just lost his mom. There is only one viewing from 3-7:30. I need to call the dentist as they overcharged me for my son's last appointment. Glad I looked at my credit card balance last night.

I worked a day tour yesterday to attend a presentation. I got hopelessly lost when I got off the subway. The benefit of getting lost let me get my steps in. Well one pup is up, so I guess I'll be reheating my coffee lol.

Have a great day. Today I am especially thankful for having a safe career thus far. May I be so fortunate until I retire in 7 years.
Old 03-03-2016, 08:38 AM   #6  

Height: 5' 7"

Good morning,

It is a gloomy rainy day today so glad I am wfh. Nothing on the agenda this evening other than we might a run into the big town to go to Michael's and I might make a run to Home Depot. Thinking about switching to doing carpet in DD2 room instead of the wood floors, the edges which have to be done by the hand sander are going through sanding paper like crazy and still not where I want it to be thinking it might just be easier to put carpet back down.

Ruth did you do a double take at the eyeball drop? Hope he behaves for the rest of the stay. Sorry to hear about your cousin

Debbie thinking about you today

Beth glad that you have a plan for today, enjoy

Jekel I have a close friend who works for the LAPD and am so glad that she and you have had safe careers so far. She is my age so not sure how much longer she has until she retires from there hopefully not too long as well.

Have a wonderful day everyone!
Old 03-03-2016, 09:30 AM   #7  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

MGood morning!

Thanks for all the kind wishes! Certainly a difficult day but when I lay a rescue pup to rest I'm always able to walk away knowing, for sure, that I gave that fur baby the best life possible....that second chance. When I met Bing his white coat was yellow and he was the smelliest dirtiest dog I had ever encountered. His name was "Lucky" which didn't really suit his circumstances. It was so fortunate that the dog wash was still open that evening because we could not have brought him into our home the way he was.He had so many "unacceptable" quirks in addition to the heart disease. We just worked with the ones we could and accepted all the rest. LOL. He was so devoted and I'll always be grateful for his companionship.

It's a nice day in Glenwood and I'm sitting with Kirby on the couch. We are headed to the pool soon and I don't know what afterwards. Today is Kirk's birthday. I'm glad I came over.

I better get moving. Have a great day everyone!

Last edited by Lexxiss; 03-03-2016 at 09:31 AM.
Closed Thread