South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 01-29-2016, 07:54 AM   #1  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Default Friday, Friday, Janaury 29 and another week is gone!

Good morning! Actually, another month is gone. It sure went fast and was not the usual snowy and cold January. And it's TGIF! Groundhog day on Tuesday!

Survived the dental lecture and cleaning yesterday complete with x-rays and advice that two of my silver fillings are cracked and need replacement. (Dental work is not covered by OHIP but by private insurance which I no longer have. Dental insurance is pricey and would cost more per year than I pay for cleaning and x-rays.)

Michelle was here and my house was almost immaculate by the time I got home at 1:30 - she arrived at 11. She finished up the last of the regular routine and then we did other stuff like flipping mattresses, making beds and tackled the storage area. She hauled out some boxes for me to sort later and the 2015 Christmas stuff is now away. There's more to do but the job no longer looks impossible.

Not sure what today will bring but it does involve shoveling. My barn doors would not close last night - they seem to be frozen open. At least the car is sheltered and it's supposed to melt down a bit over the weekend with 45ºF temps predicted. I also need to figure out what';s wrong with the TV since I'm getting no satellite signal. I am planning to canvass for a techie boyfriend.

Enjoy your day and make some "me" plans for the weekend. I plan some dog cuddling time later today. Rachel is coming over this evening for wine and a chat and I just may multi-task.
Old 01-29-2016, 08:08 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 162/145/145

Height: 5' 9 3/4

Good morning Ruth. Lol look at the daily chat title

My silver fillings had to be replaced this year too. Since I've had them since childhood I didn't fight the dentist. I go at the end of February again. My DS is no longer on my dental or vision plan. I'll have to pay when he goes next month too. Hopefully he won't require anything major.....Michelle sounds like an incredibly hard worker. So nice to have help tackling the big and small jobs. Hope your barn doors get unstuck.

I read yesterday but forgot to post. I had a nice time at the wine and paint bar. I wish the session was longer as I had a hard time keeping up with the instructor. Besides that I was too critical of my work lol Such a type A personality. I didn't eat as the food was way too off plan. Maybe if I had I woukd not of demolished chips and cereal when I came home. At least today is a new day.

Last edited by jekel383; 01-29-2016 at 08:08 AM.
Old 01-29-2016, 09:04 AM   #3  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Not enough coffee, Jennifer! Fixed now!
Old 01-29-2016, 09:47 AM   #4  

Height: 5' 7"

Good morning,

Looks like I missed seeing what the original title was lol. Today is wfh and I do have my re eval for PT. DH, DD1 and DS are off to Nashville today for Hockey All Star events, it will be me and DD2 at home this evening. I am sure we will have a couple of guests over lol.

Yesterday's interviews went well we picked a contractor to replace the one who left, now just have to fill 1 full time and 1 part time position. Still waiting to see if my position being split into two positions has been approved or not.

Ruth, I wish I had a cleaning lady sometimes but alas no. I still haven't figured out which dentist I want to use yet.

Jekel, DS and DD1 can stay on my insurance until they are 26 but I only do Vision and Dental so that is all they are covered under. We are under Tricare for Health insurance and they want a crazy $308 dollars a month for each of them to stay under us so they have Health under their own work places.

I hope the weather is warming up for you all like it is going to for us this weekend. We will be in the 50's and then 60's for Sunday. Of course it goes back down and there is snow in forecast for next week but I will take this weekend.

Have a great day everyone!
Old 01-29-2016, 05:04 PM   #5  

Height: 5' 5"

Afternoon , chicks and TGIF. Good to make it through this week. It sure was busy at work since the marking period was ending and having a cold and headache all week did not help. I felt a bit better when I woke this morning but was lagging midday.

Tomorrow is the science competition for one of my groups. Every year I feel lucky that it is hosted by a university right here in town; no bus ride for me! There are a couple teams that come from 2 hours away. Ugh.

Ruth, it must feel good to have a portion of the clean up job tackled. We are having a bit of winter today also!

Jennifer, I'm blaming my off plan food on hormones and hibernation instincts.

Pearl, while it is nice to know my kids are covered on my health insurance, I am looking forward to moving one off my payroll this spring when he graduates from college.

Off to cook dinner. I think it will be my (mostly) OP version of chic parm and shirataki noodles tonight.

Last edited by Beth19; 01-29-2016 at 05:05 PM.
Closed Thread