Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 01-08-2016, 06:35 AM   #1  

Default Newb Intro and goal

Hello, I'm new here but not new to trying to lose weight.

I'm 24 and currently living in Japan as a teacher. I recently got engaged and will be moving to Australia to be with my fiancee in August. (I was born in the U.S. but my mother is Singaporean so I left the country at a young age... my father was military so we moved around all my life. Had a fairly unstable childhood)

I've been struggling with my weight all my life. I have extremely low self-esteem and self-worth. I envy all the heavier ladies out there who are SO comfortable in their skin. I don't even care if I ever get skinny. I just want to be comfortable with who I am.

I'm currently around 260 lbs. I have a year and 2 months before my wedding (most likely.) I would love to be able to get to 180-190 by then.

About my life: as said, I'm a teacher. An Assistant Language Teacher. Not a lot of stress but a lot of running around. Japan life by itself is quite stressful though, and I have a lot of debt problems that I constantly worry about.

Stress level: High

Meals: My carb intake will probably be about a cup and half of Japanese rice a few days a week.

I often eat boiled eggs, edamame *a type of bean*, meats, vegetables, and fruits. My 'bad' food is the occasional piece of chocolate, usually crave it more around my period. I also eat some cheese but not a lot since cheese is pricey in Japan.

I stay away from fried foods, cook all of mine in a broiler, oven, or over the stove with olive oil.

I only drink water and tea (sweetened with honey and with soy milk)

My exercise isn't much currently. The school I work in is about 4 floors and all of my classes are on the top floor with my office on the bottom, so I do get to go up and down those several times a day. I've worn out about 4 pairs of shoes within 9 months of living overseas.
I own weights, I live on the 3rd floor, and there aren't many good places to go jogging around here.

Any suggestions would be great. (:
Do you think I can lose 70-80 lbs in a year and 2 months?
jinxbrand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2016, 09:30 PM   #2  
Knocking down walls.

S/C/G: 278/ticker/125

Height: 5'4"

Hi jinxbrand, welcome to 3FC!

Everybody's weight loss is different. It seems like a lot of people have lost the amount of weight you mentioned in the time frame you're looking at. Since physical health issues can affect one's weight, it may be worth talking to your doctor about losing weight and getting checked for thyroid issues or other things like that.

It sounds like you're not in a good place emotionally. This is a separate issue from the weight loss, and something that is worth working on in its own right, perhaps through therapy, good self-help books, etc. I do much better managing my weight when I'm in a good place mentally, and I'm sure I'm not the only one.

Good luck!
theox is offline   Reply With Quote